1. 1. When Will you Buy FM12

• Pre-Ordered
    • Release Day
    • Final Patch
    • Give it a Miss This Year

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couldn't resist a cheap pre-order offer. Normally I just wait until the day before release, buy it on Steam, pre-load, and spend some time looking around the new interface the moment it's unlocked.

prices always go down usually before xmas

I was going to wait until it was all patched up but thanks to my beloved Hammers getting relegated I'm getting fed up with playing with a changed database so it's probably release day for me.

See if you'd played in Argentina div2 like I told you to years ago you'd still be enjoying it:D

A quick question guys, I've never actually bought from steam, is it true you can download 99% the day before release and the final 1% on release? My internet is 10mb I think, how long will it take to download? Thanks.

My heart says release, head says wait for forum reviews to see if there are any major bugs.

Don't want to start a save to find a game/save breaking bug.

It's a constant debate inside my head at the minute.

Ah go for it Viggo, you know you want to:brock:

Going through Steam - get it at midnight, play til the early hours then be up to go to the football on the Saturday afternoon! ... Wee bit of advice to "new-time" Steam users though! If you sit around at 5-to-12 waiting for it to unlock you'll be dissapointed. You have to restart Steam all-together when a game unlocks in order to download it! (Just to save the posts at 5-past-12 with people going "ITS NOT UNLOCKING RAHHH" :))

Don't you miss queueing at midnight at the Tesco 24 hour store?;)

you know that is one part of buying it online i do miss, tesco is only ten minutes from mine and i used to love going there at midnight and seeing the other FM fans all waiting around, staring at the floor thinking about who they are going to manage first when they get home, a few with extremely annoyed girl friends beside them :D No one really spoke but we all knew why we were there!

Release day. I work in town. usually only have Friday, Saturday, Sunday to play anyway.

So it will be a Friday evening after it's released. I'll pick up my disc copy, gotta have the box lol.

I'll install the game on the laptop, while I cook up a nice juicy steak, open a bottle of wine, set a candle lit table set and sit there wondering where the Sun has gone until it dawns on me.

number 4: bought in advance on steam. paid for it last friday about 2 hours before the announcement that we would all have to register through steam. looks like i killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Looks like steam is a popular choice this year

I'm not sure if this is sarcastic, but incase it isn't, steam is the only way fm11 can be installed so its pretty much the only choice.

You do not have to buy from Steam,you can buy the game anywhere you like....you just need to register the game on Steam...not the same thing.

Mah....swore I would not buy the game until the 3rd patch or at the very earliest on Steam Christmas sale(if FM is reduced in price(more than likely))..

Only problem is I have a new PC arriving tomorrow and will be wanting some new games to play on it.

Already have Skyrim on the radar if I am being honest I can see me buying FM12 late on Friday night after a few beers while searching Steam for a new game....I know,I know I am weak!

I know, but it is a lot easier, now that steam is the only way to install it, you might as well get the game from steam so steam is a popular choice for this reason.

That my be the case but I would rather wait a couple of weeks after the release for the first patch and buy the game through amazon for £20 rather than £30 on steam.

Archived