(Updated on 20th April) New series of the Football Manager podcast

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have to subscribe to the football manager podcast series on itunes. Then once you have done that you must press refresh on the podcasts tab on your itunes library and the new podcast will pop up, just press download! listening to it now, thanks SI/SEGA :)

Any chance of this with out iTunes or QuickTime please. I'm not going to install rubbish MAC software on my PC just to listen to this.

From Miles in the top message.

" For those that don't have iTunes and don't want to use it for whatever reason, even though both it and the podcast are free, it will be made available to listen to at some point next week somewhere else (the production team are working on it now)."

Any chance of this with out iTunes or QuickTime please. I'm not going to install rubbish MAC software on my PC just to listen to this.

From Miles in the top message.

" For those that don't have iTunes and don't want to use it for whatever reason, even though both it and the podcast are free, it will be made available to listen to at some point next week somewhere else (the production team are working on it now)."

Just use the link in this post guys. :thup:

can someone summarize the features in here for those of us who cant play it?

Cheers

- New options in the editor (can add play-offs to leagues etc)

- Better penalty shoot-out screen (shows you who has scored or missed in a nicer way)

- Improved match screen

-

- Better penalty shoot-out screen (shows you who has scored or missed in a nicer way)

I've always thought that since the game went 3D that this should have been in the game. I'm glad they've finally been able to implement it. :thup:

• Play offs in the data editor can now be made into multiple legged affairs.
  • Added feature in the data editor to search players clubs and city by unique ID.
  • Penalty shoot out bar on the match screen, to view who has missed and who hasn’t.
  • Improvement to the match analysis screen. Added free kicks, corners, throw ins, off side’s, clear cut chances, half chances and the option to show all players at the same time.
  • New transfer clause means you have the ability to re-negotiate the deal after a set amount of appearances. E.g if an older player is coming to the end of his contract, it will automatically renew based on whether he has played the set number of games in the contract. Also for younger players, if they play the set number of games in the first team, their wage will go up.
  • Work Permit decision date is now on the player profile page.
  • Option to add nations to the players “Days to gain nationality” list on the data editor.
  • Back room advise changes means that it will now suggest that loan reports get made up at the appropriate time. Scout reports will also be done on all of the suggested players.

Theres the bulk of the changes that we learned about in the Podcast :)

6:03am; coffee; Atlético Ciudad; FM11 Podcast. This is dedication!/mental illness!!

Looking forward to hearing Laura's voice again hopefully. I've missed it. You should set up some sort of helpline when your not doing podcasts for people who suffer from withdrawal symptoms, where we can just hear Laura's voice on the phone. No wait, that sounds creepier than I intended.

6:03am; coffee; Atlético Ciudad; FM11 Podcast. This is dedication!/mental illness!!

Looking forward to hearing Laura's voice again hopefully. I've missed it. You should set up some sort of helpline when your not doing podcasts for people who suffer from withdrawal symptoms, where we can just hear Laura's voice on the phone. No wait, that sounds creepier than I intended.

Yes I was wondering where she was. :(

Great podcast loved it :-)

I'm not normally a fan of the podcasts as I prefer the blogs. However, I have to say that this one was really good so keep up the good work Miles!!

Loving the combination of changing the days to gain nationality rule in the editor & cheating from Miles, not sure he meant to alienate the whole editors forum.

Only listened to the first bit of the podcast so far (my journey to work doesn't take that long so I'm doing it in installments). Very much enjoying it so far.

One thing I will say about the bit I've listened to so far is glad to see your pre-season assessment of Didier Drogba was reflected so accurately in the drubbing of WBA. He sure is past it, isn't he ? ;)

Good podcast, if slightly southern club bias. lol

Chris Woods was a great keeper btw! :)

Just had a thought to, how about you guys doing a charity run next year.

A marathon or half-marathon in aid of War Child? I think it'd be great publicity for both the game, the charity, and would be a great role model to the kids instead of the beer and crisps comments in the podcast.

As a runner myself I'd love to run around chatting FM or football with you! :)

• SI Staff
Just had a thought to, how about you guys doing a charity run next year.

A marathon or half-marathon in aid of War Child? I think it'd be great publicity for both the game, the charity, and would be a great role model to the kids instead of the beer and crisps comments in the podcast.

As a runner myself I'd love to run around chatting FM or football with you!

Surely doing things for charity should be about giving publicity to said charity?

I dunno about you but when I'm running around I find it hard enough to shout never mind have a chat. :D

Surely doing things for charity should be about giving publicity to said charity?

I dunno about you but when I'm running around I find it hard enough to shout never mind have a chat. :D

Good point. I think you are probably right. It should be more about the charity.

I find the long distance stuff (above half-marathon) a more social experience because I'm running so slow! :)

Basically there was a guy pretending to be an admin from FM Chat and he was posting an advertisement for the forum in like every single thread he could find.

Ah ok. Probably somebody that has been banned by FM Chat or something recently trying to get them into trouble. Some very sad people in this world :thdn:

Archived