(Updated on 20th April) New series of the Football Manager podcast

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any news about the 2nd podcast? Will Miles be able to record it this week or will we have to wait for next week?

It should be out tommorow, but this is what he said 2 days ago > http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/221267-Football-Manager-2011-official-announcement?p=5792400&viewfull=1#post5792400

Oh that's good news :) ... I think they will talk about how the european cups went and the group stage draw, apart from how the premier league is going so far.. but I really hope the feature roulette will give us interesting new information about the game..

Oh that's good news :) ... I think they will talk about how the european cups went and the group stage draw, apart from how the premier league is going so far.. but I really hope the feature roulette will give us interesting new information about the game..

Yes, I look forward to Feature Roulette too. :thup:

Feature Roulette:

Press Conferences: Added specific questions for super cup competitions.

A news item telling of a change of seeding for European competitions.

Extra default options for training schedules (Defenders, Midfielders, Strikers etc.)

Match screen revamp. Ability to turn player condition boxes on or off during TV view.

Data editor: Added ability to filter by next and other division.

Press Conferences: Added specific questions regarding title challenge, promotion challenge, relegation battles etc.

Data Editor: Most international caps and goals for a nation are now editable.

Improved and more varied goal descriptions for news items when they are scored.

Newgens: Done on a nation by nation basis. National playing traits according to country instead by a generic template according to player type.

Some guff about EU rules and the Italian league.

Match viewer: Improvements to stadium stands.

Data Editor: Club duplication keeps all information including kits!

Feature Roulette:

Press Conferences: Added specific questions for super cup competitions.

A news item telling of a change of seeding for European competitions.

Extra default options for training schedules (Defenders, Midfielders, Strikers etc.)

Match screen revamp. Ability to turn player condition boxes on or off during TV view.

Data editor: Added ability to filter by next and other division.

Press Conferences: Added specific questions regarding title challenge, promotion challenge, relegation battles etc.

Data Editor: Most international caps and goals for a nation are now editable.

Improved and more varied goal descriptions for news items when they are scored.

Newgens: Done on a nation by nation basis. National playing traits according to country instead by a generic template according to player type.

Some guff about EU rules and the Italian league.

Match viewer: Improvements to stadium stands.

Data Editor: Club duplication keeps all information including kits!

thank you. they said nothing about the release date?

Many of the features are low key. As an ardent editor, the club duplication thingy will help when it comes to sorting out the Japanese clubs within my world league! The national traits feature is the most intriguing of that lot I'd say.

Nothing really massive though.

malonapi: I think it means that when new players are generated each season, in the current game the alogorithm for generating these players' attributes is the same for every player, no matter where they're from. Whereas this new feature means that each individual country will have a slightly different algorithm for generating players. So (if it's programmed as it should be) there will probably be a higher chance for a new player in England to have high strength and low technique, while one from portugal might be the opposite. Maybe it'll only be as simple as each country having an emphasis on technical/mental/physical, but it should finally mean that managing in different countries really feels different.

I really like this bit of news, in fact; for me it's as cool a new feature as dynamic league rep.

malonapi: I think it means that when new players are generated each season, in the current game the alogorithm for generating these players' attributes is the same for every player, no matter where they're from. Whereas this new feature means that each individual country will have a slightly different algorithm for generating players. So (if it's programmed as it should be) there will probably be a higher chance for a new player in England to have high strength and low technique, while one from portugal might be the opposite. Maybe it'll only be as simple as each country having an emphasis on technical/mental/physical, but it should finally mean that managing in different countries really feels different.

I really like this bit of news, in fact; for me it's as cool a new feature as dynamic league rep.

OK !

Thanks !

Here is a link (no credit - already posted at the beginning of the thread)

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/podcast.xml

Quite disappointed tbh. I didn't expect too much and much more than what we heard from "feature roulette" (:)), but I was hoping some specific features to be announced on top, and if possible big ones (or at least one), at the beginning of the postcast as in the 1st one (maybe we had em only because of the leak actually ?), as the roulette only brings minor changes (which are still good to know don't get me wrong, but you know what I mean, after two weeks of long waiting), just to make sure every podcast would make our day. It tends to make me think DLR was the biggest, or the only one Really big, new feature of FM11 (I actually start wondering if blanks could be hidding the big features, which would then maybe to be announced later ? Miles any tip here ?).

Anyway, Miles don't worry about the mess at the beginning and middle of the podcast. It was really funny and make it more "real" and geniune. Well I liked it like that, so as the football speaks. Too bad Andrea didn't speak more as she had a beautiful voice (too ;)) though ^.

Here is a link (no credit - already posted at the beginning of the thread)

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/podcast.xml

Quite disappointed tbh. I didn't expect too much and much more than what we heard from "feature roulette" (:)), but I was hoping some specific features to be announced on top, and if possible big ones (or at least one), at the beginning of the postcast as in the 1st one (maybe we had em only because of the leak actually ?), as the roulette only brings minor changes (which are still good to know don't get me wrong, but you know what I mean, after two weeks of long waiting), just to make sure every podcast would make our day. It tends to make me think DLR was the biggest, or the only one Really big, new feature of FM11 (I actually start wondering if blanks could be hidding the big features, which would then maybe to be announced later ? Miles any tip here ?).

Anyway, Miles don't worry about the mess at the beginning and middle of the podcast. It was really funny and make it more "real" and geniune. Well I liked it like that, so as the football speaks. Too bad Andrea didn't speak more as she had a beautiful voice (too ;)) though ^.

the "big" features maybe will be explained on blogs.

Archived