(Updated on 20th April) New series of the Football Manager podcast

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't remember when the last podcast was :(

Would I be right in thinking that the next podcast will be on friday? Or is it a week on friday?

There are 2 weeks between every podcast.

• SI Staff

It is indeed, JoeR247.

The new episode features Ashley and Joel from Kick magazine talking about the new features announced last weekend, one other new feature that's been hinted at before, a round of 10 for feature roulette, Euro transfers that will affect that way I play FM11, should managers care about what a player gets up to off the pitch and is it a good or bad thing that Capello has announced he's retiring in 2 years (or 1 and a half if England don't qualify).

It is indeed, JoeR247.

The new episode features Ashley and Joel from Kick magazine talking about the new features announced last weekend, one other new feature that's been hinted at before, a round of 10 for feature roulette, Euro transfers that will affect that way I play FM11, should managers care about what a player gets up to off the pitch and is it a good or bad thing that Capello has announced he's retiring in 2 years (or 1 and a half if England don't qualify).

Haha I feel honoured to have my name mentioned by you miles ;-)

I only managed to listen to halve of it this morning before going to work and it was very good

Have to wait for the feature roulette though as i didn't get that far in

Can I pick feature 28 please for next show if your wanting the next numbers

I hope it isn't a blank one and something good

From what I remember and also understood as I have the same issue as you

- Penalty stats added on a player stat panel >> I am not sure which panel though. Is it the history stats (like I think it used to be in a former FM but not sure at all) ? Because I think in the stats page penalty are already there

- In TC, there's a "undo last" button

- After match report or analysis don't remember improved a bit

- Something like League reputation or league official (?) rank displayed in a news (yearly I guess)

- The best club decade improved (didn't understand in what way though)

- Edit : in the editor, there will be a page showing all former changes made so far, so you can undo any of them

Edit : oh and appart from that Miles talked a bit more of his famous favourite feature still to be announced but pending due to legal issue. He said it won't change much the game and won't change every player's life, however, some might love it and it will allow them to "show off" with their friends. >> My little theory^^: it makes me think it could be something to do online. Maybe the much requested online match ups your team against your mate team. Legal issue could be to allow a real player to appear twice, in two different teams, during a same match. What are your new thoughts on this feature guys ?

There were some more but I can't remember now :)

My podcast last for 47:54. How much does your podcast last guys? I think it should last about an hour as Miles Jacobson said it in the Episode 2. It also ends kind of strangely when they mention singing. :S I think something is wrong...

First time ive ever listened to a podcast and have to say it's very good :) will be getting the next one! Am getting a little excited about fm11 now :)..I think the feature that miles can't mention yet will be sharing your current manager profile via social networking sites, a la facebook/twitter..

- Penalty column in player stats panel

- More competition detail in post match news reports for big games

- Over 30 new editor features inc

**Ability to add new continental competitions

**View all changes made in a file and delete certain parts of the changes if a mistake is made

- Renegotiate contracts after a certain amount of appearances

- Revamp of tactics screen, including 'undo last' button

- 'Best Decade' news item now takes into consideration the level of football

- News item to show UEFA ranking changes

- Kits can be added to the match overview by skinners if desired

- Cursor now disappears when inactive, and reappears when mouse movement is sensed

if anyone is interested, a full list of every feature so far announced is available here:

http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Football_Manager_2011#New_Features

all sounding good so far

am i correct in thinking a BIG new feature or two is also going to be announced at some stage?? i think i remember reading something along those lines

while the features announced on roulette are great, they are generally minor features and im hanging out for something big!

anyone?

i think that its all a mater of luck that the biggest features haven't been announced in the podcast. So far only 40 or so have been revealed in feature roulette and there's about 400 to go.

IMO there hase been some big features revealed like private conversations with players, DLR, set piece creator and improvements on training including pre-match training.

Appart from DLR (even though EPL is my favourite league but still an excellent feature), other ones so far don't look that big to me, neither that interesting. They are ok, but nothing that will improve A LOT my fun in FM. Tbh I am considering not buying FM11 so far. I have a lot of expectations for my next FM buying and I ll wait and see before making a move.

To come back on the features, I still hope that blanks on feature roulette are here to hide the biggest new features, and that they will be released on the blog. How was it past years ? How and when were the biggest features announced ?

Appart from DLR (even though EPL is my favourite league but still an excellent feature), other ones so far don't look that big to me, neither that interesting. They are ok, but nothing that will improve A LOT my fun in FM. Tbh I am considering not buying FM11 so far. I have a lot of expectations for my next FM buying and I ll wait and see before making a move.

To come back on the features, I still hope that blanks on feature roulette are here to hide the biggest new features, and that they will be released on the blog. How was it past years ? How and when were the biggest features announced ?

You don't think Set-Pieces Creator is big feature?

Its good for people like me but for more experienced users of the game its not really something new is it. Its just a fancy face for the options already in the game just the same as the tactics creator is just a fnacy face for the sliders.

Dont get me wrong, I think the set piece creator will be great and im all for it. I just get the feeling the more hardcore gamers and micro managers wont even be bothered about it because it doesnt really do anything new.

Its good for people like me but for more experienced users of the game its not really something new is it. Its just a fancy face for the options already in the game just the same as the tactics creator is just a fnacy face for the sliders.

Dont get me wrong, I think the set piece creator will be great and im all for it. I just get the feeling the more hardcore gamers and micro managers wont even be bothered about it because it doesnt really do anything new.

I do understand you, but when you look at how many problems we had wit set-pieces over the years, IMO it is a big feature.

Whatever problems we've had with set pieces will just be easier to recreate, because we have a slick, easy-to-use GUI to do it with...

I understand you too, but I doubt Si would implement Set-Pieces Creator if they haven't revamped and overhauled the system.

Well I am sure my answer will surprise you but tbf I ve never liked the TC that much. The good old tactic screen allowed me to do what I wanted with my players so why bother ? Same for SP, assigning the right player to them and I am happy enough. These new features are more cosmetic and time wasting for me. But I understand people liking it, I mean I saw many people say best new feature ever or close to so..

Also Tbh, I really would like more skins or at least new ones but keep old ones (for me would be FM09 my favourite, but why take off all already created skins in the past ?). And I d like to choose the UI, tree menu or new way. As you can see, I haven't be that happy with FM10 new polish face and speaking of features, both 10 and 11 don't bring enough new things so far. But having said that I ll still naturally buy it one day or another ;)

Well I am sure my answer will surprise you but tbf I ve never liked the TC that much. The good old tactic screen allowed me to do what I wanted with my players so why bother ? Same for SP, assigning the right player to them and I am happy enough. These new features are more cosmetic and time wasting for me. But I understand people liking it, I mean I saw many people say best new feature ever or close to so..

Also Tbh, I really would like more skins or at least new ones but keep old ones (for me would be FM09 my favourite, but why take off all already created skins in the past ?). And I d like to choose the UI, tree menu or new way. As you can see, I haven't be that happy with FM10 new polish face and speaking of features, both 10 and 11 don't bring enough new things so far. But having said that I ll still naturally buy it one day or another ;)

I'd just say each to their own. :)

I understand you too, but I doubt Si would implement Set-Pieces Creator if they haven't revamped and overhauled the system.

While it would be nice if they had revamped the system, I was under the impression the overall system was still much they same, just with a new interface that will allow us a graphical representation of what the pull-down menus do now. Just like the TC gives us a plain-language means of doing what the sliders always allowed us to do.

I would presume you've turned the TC off and gone with the Classic Tactics then, right?

Archived