(Updated on 20th April) New series of the Football Manager podcast

Miles, I can't seem to be able to contact the podcasts@sigames.com email adress for reasons unknown. But i get this message from postmaster@soe.sega.co.uk; saying: Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

podcasts@sigames.com

The email address that you entered couldn't be found. Check the address and try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Is there a problem with the server, or have i got the wrong email? If its with the server can i enter the competition here?

Thnx.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not every day like last year? one in two days?

No. Miles Jacobson said he has enough material to write them every day until the Demo is out. The thing is he's got no time to write them every day. So, they will be put every couple of a days or every few days.

No. Miles Jacobson said he has enough material to write them every day until the Demo is out. The thing is he's got no time to write them every day. So, they will be put every couple of a days or every few days.

ok, so will be few blogs, but plenty of features until the 4th week of oct. ;)

In terms of general chat then the podcasts can be good and I do enjoy them. But I thought they are 'FM' Podcasts and not talk about everything but FM and then a five minutes feature roulette. I tune in to get up to date on all aspects of FM - not to get football talk that I could get elsewhere and other chit chat. I mean don't get me worng, I appreciate Miles taking the time out to doing these and I do enjoy them, but for me the FM podcast does not do what it says on the tin!!! :p

Please don't take that the wrong way - I just think there should be more of an emphasis on FM.

In terms of general chat then the podcasts can be good and I do enjoy them. But I thought they are 'FM' Podcasts and not talk about everything but FM and then a five minutes feature roulette. I tune in to get up to date on all aspects of FM - not to get football talk that I could get elsewhere and other chit chat. I mean don't get me worng, I appreciate Miles taking the time out to doing these and I do enjoy them, but for me the FM podcast does not do what it says on the tin!!! :p

Please don't take that the wrong way - I just think there should be more of an emphasis on FM.

I agree TBH, but if it would be just FM talk then it wouldn't last for about an hour, it would be much shorter. Because if it would be just FM and last about an hour then they would have to say more new things which they obviously don't want. Hope you understand me. :thup:

Last year I listened to all the ones before FM10 was announced and a couple after it announced but then went off them and lost intrest.

I listened to all of them since the FM11 ones began and will listen to all of them. I hope each that comes will be the best one ever!

Actually what it 'says on the tin' is talking about 'an obsession with football'. You have to remember not all the guests play the game. Basically what you naysayers want is Miles reading through a few features, which sounds crap.

You didn't understand him.

He's saying he doesn't want a load of football talk. Yet in the description of the podcast it says 'Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive talks to friends, colleagues and journalists all with one thing in common - an obsession with Football'. So to me it makes sense that its mostly football.

EDIT: And btw, nobody is forcing anybody to listen to the podcast, the new features are put up on here a few hours after it's released anyway. Simple solution? If you don't like the podcast, don't listen to it.

Completely disagree there Steve. The fact they need to tease us with new features over the next month or so leading up to the release means there would be little to talk about each week on the podcast unless they had one every two/three weeks. That last podcast was superb, probably down to the guests on the show (although Miles is fast turning into the James Richardson of SI). Although net idea to perhaps have FM fanatics on the show. Perhaps something for next years series.

These podcasts are making the time between now and the release a lot more comfortable. Would not change the format, IMHO.

I love FM and always have and maybe I am being cynical but these new features they keep announcing are, to be frank, not big at all. New camera angle?? I'm sorry that is nothing big for me. Even the new contract negotiations part is just an extension of what is currently in place.

I'll be buying FM11 anyway as it is the best out there and will be a great game I am sure but I'm really not that wowed by these announced features.

Yes true - it's PR Vig!!! Miles et al are not going to say we have a few 'small features' as its all about selling games and trying to promote the game etc. I dont really want any massive features - but with 500 or whatever the number is - I hope that SI don't try and do too much - as more features could mean more potential faults. I just want these core asspcets such as the ME, training, youth teams, and scouting chaged, as the last three have had little work on them in recent years.

Definitely agree with the youth, training and ME thing as well as some other stuff. They could have made the youth thing into a bigger deal than a camera angle - make that the stand out feature and improve on it greatly - I'm sure a lot of people would love a sweet youth part to the game. Maybe they will have any just haven't told us yet!

Definitely agree with the youth, training and ME thing as well as some other stuff. They could have made the youth thing into a bigger deal than a camera angle - make that the stand out feature and improve on it greatly - I'm sure a lot of people would love a sweet youth part to the game. Maybe they will have any just haven't told us yet!

i hope that blogs will reveal something new! ;)

why whats happeming with the youth

Archived