When will you Retire from FM?

lutontown1991 has announced he will retire from professional FM'ing at the end of the season :D

Seriously though how long do you guys think you will play FM for? I am 18 and I can see myself playing for many more years yet. (provided its still around)

I know a few guys in their fifties who play FM. I hope I still have the urge to play when I get older :)

I'm not playing as much as I used to, partly due to time issues, but also cos I'm not getting quite as into FM games as I used to. I'm not going to stop FMing, but I might skip '11 and stick with '10 for another year.

I've been playing since CM99/00 and I can't see myself stopping anytime. The amount of time I've sunk into these games is ridiclulous. It must be well, well over 10,000 hours playtime. Am I getting bored? Hell no! To put into perspective:

1. Championship/Football Manager - +10,000 hours

2. Final Fantasy VII (favourite game of all time) - 400-500

3. Final Fantasy X - 300-400

im 28 and been playing since cm italia (still occasionally go back and play it) went through a "holiday" period as mentioned above but if i have the time then i think i will always play it

ive been playing management games since premier manager on the mega drive i think it was the original fm but obviously they rebranded or something. Im 26 have 3 kids and a missus and im on it alot i think ill always be on some sort of managing game its just so different to other games makes you think about what your doing.

ive been playing management games since premier manager on the mega drive i think it was the original fm but obviously they rebranded or something. Im 26 have 3 kids and a missus and im on it alot i think ill always be on some sort of managing game its just so different to other games makes you think about what your doing.

I used to love Premier Manager '97 on the Megadrive (this will bring back memories!

). I spent hours playing that, they were my pre CM days, I used to love doing up the stadiums. I then had Premier Manager '98 on the Playstation before finnaly buying CM99/00. PM98 was rubbish with awful load times! I always bought the same players Wim Jonk and Miguel Nadal! Anyway, after buying CM I never looked back apart from a few stints with LMA Manager.

Until the series reaches its climax, which hopefully never comes.

I wanna be playing it when I'm 80 years old, churning out hours every day in an old folks home on the computer, not letting anyone else get an eye in

I am , 62 i have been playing various football strategy games since 1985,

,anyone beat that. will play till i drop.

come on Oldham

I'm 32. I've played the FM/CM series since it's inception (with the exception of the stand alone foreign games of years gone by) and have played football management games since the original Football Manager on the Spectrum when I was a wee nipper.

I'm 33 and have been playing since the first cm back in the early nineties. Still not a chance i'll be stopping soon, I even paid the extra for FM10 off steam just to be able to play it at midnight rather than waiting on the postman the next day.

Honestly cant see the game lasting more than another 5 years, before the developers here want to move on and try other things. So i dont think ill be having much of a say in what goes on.

I 1st had Premier Manager 98 on pc, then I bought Championship Manager 3 (98/99 season). The only game I missed was the 1999/2000 season where Bosnich was Utd's 1st choice keeper, then when Football Manager came out in 2005 I instantly changed to that and have had everyone since. I have also since gotten hold of some of the older championship managers which are also cool for a bit of nostalgic playing. Basically, I think I'll stop playing when the game is stopped been produced, however like others have said it comes down to free time so I might not get as much time to play on as I have done in recent years now I've finished my degree

I'm 25, have been playing since 97/98 and have bought every version since FM06 within one week of release (last couple on release day/pre-order). Pretty much every year I say it will be the last (often combined with quite a lot of swearing and rants about the cheating AI) but every year I still get excited around mid-October. I'm a career student which helps a bit with time and that has to end sometime so I guess there might be a change in a couple of years, but I doubt it.

I thought I was old for playing FM, which I've done since FM05, but apparently it's not a kids game. I don't play 'seriously', and will probably dabble here and there for the foreseeable future.

i agree with lutontown1991.. they must have electricty in heaven coz its near the clouds and lightening... so im taking my laptop and fm to the grave with me... hey lutontown1991... network game in heaven when we die?

Played since 01/02 and will go on till i get bored is not like i play everyday but i like playing it...

Ditto, cept for the 'from the start' part, I've been playing since FM07 and instantly fell in love with it.

I used to love Premier Manager '97 on the Megadrive (this will bring back memories!
). I spent hours playing that, they were my pre CM days, I used to love doing up the stadiums. I then had Premier Manager '98 on the Playstation before finnaly buying CM99/00. PM98 was rubbish with awful load times! I always bought the same players Wim Jonk and Miguel Nadal! Anyway, after buying CM I never looked back apart from a few stints with LMA Manager.

yeah the memories of me and my cousin on this for hours till early hours and getting an earful from parents lol

I've played this game since CM2 and bought every version since.

The only time I went a bit quiet on the CM/FM front was on FM05 and 06. I had a lot going on back then and played much less, although I still had minor saves on both versions.

Can't honestly see myself ever giving up on it, which is rather unfortunate for my social life, but 'meh', I never had much of a social life in the first place so it's not a great loss. :D

The only thing that may happen is that I may skip a version and keep playing this current one. My laptop won't be able to keep up with the new releases much longer and I don't have the disposable income to bring my technology up-to-date for the 3D, which I don't even like. Also, I grow a little more disillusioned each year with certain aspects of the game that never change. I sometimes wonder if I am due a 'break' from playing a new version so that I appreciate it all the more when a new FM comes out. Having said that, I do love FM10 and I think it is the best version of the series so far.

I doubt I will ever want to give up playing. I think for anyone who loves football, the draw of being the manager and living out the fantasy is far too appealing.

i agree with lutontown1991.. they must have electricty in heaven coz its near the clouds and lightening... so im taking my laptop and fm to the grave with me... hey lutontown1991... network game in heaven when we die?

Defo I'm up for it :thup:

Wonder if Jesus plays? Nazareth FC ftw :D

I'm turning 33 soon and I still can't see myself losing the fun of playing.

Of course, private life is getting in the way more and more but still I can manage to keep one night a week free to play FM. :)

Once there are kids, we'll see...

As long as there are good football management games to buy I don't see what could possibly make me wanna quit playing them. Obviously different periods in life leave different amounts of time to spend but to retire? I don't think so!

I wouldn't call it retiring, but I might go on 'holiday' for periods of time, if EHM ever comes back, or school, or work. I won't retire, or retire for a few months and then un-retire again with FM11 comes out. :p

Archived