Who's your favourite player in FM10 and why?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Player: Robin Van Persie because he's an absaloute legend in RL and assists and bangs in the goals on the game aswell...

But my real favourite player at the minute is a Mexican regen called Juan Carlos Aguirre who's a rock solid CB... Dunno why he's just one of those club heroes really or it could be Leonel Figueroa a Chilean ST/AM I picked up for £3million... He's class

on fm 10 its probably fazio

i bought him for arsenal for 3 million plus merida

hes been a rock, gets 90% of balls won in the air, is a threat on goal from set pieces and a good role model for the kids to learn from

bendtner/rvp/arshavin/diaby/cesc/lloris are all heroes too

Danielle De Rossi - Defensive rock in midfield. He can shoot, pass and defend. He's a phenomenal midfielder in his prime. Expensive to sign but worth it.

Giorgio Chiellini - Again, he's expensive but worth every penny. Wins almost every header and tackle and he's not bad at some attacking aspects of the game either.

Mamadou Sakho - 5 years into a game on FM10 and he's the best defender on the game. If you're a rich club then sign him straight away when he's young. He is amazing.

No one has said him yet..

GOURCUFF. He is insane! Has a bit to play in every goal for my Arsenal team, shown with his amazing amount of assists.

He is pure sex. Advanced Playmaker in CM with SFrasers training, after a year and a half hes worth 35m Considering I signed him in the January for 18m.. wow

No one has said him yet..

GOURCUFF. He is insane! Has a bit to play in every goal for my Arsenal team, shown with his amazing amount of assists.

He is pure sex. Advanced Playmaker in CM with SFrasers training, after a year and a half hes worth 35m Considering I signed him in the January for 18m.. wow

Forgot about him! He is brilliant. My scouts keep on telling me to get him.

Ibrahim Afellay - trained him as a an AMR for a year as well as playing him there and he has become ridiculous. Good with either foot, a real match winner (one game i was losing 1-0 and in the last 5min afellay got an assist and a goal as we won 2-1) and he just dribbles past anyone with so much ease.

Gourcuff, Hulk and Zapata as mentioned are class. In terms of "these are the guys I sign to build my team around", I also like Domenico Criscito, Stefan Jovetic, Sokratis Papasthopoulos, Pato.

But the guys I always try and buy are Anthony Annan and Salvador Cabanas. Those two are really cheap and really good.

EDIT: Strictly speaking though, my favourite player in-game is my favourite player IRL. Gerrard rocks.

Chris Holroyd.

Chris Who? Cambridge Utd striker. My top scorer in the BSP and still banging them in six years later in the Championship. Had a knack for late winners.

I knew who he was :p shame he got sold to Brighton irl though

Back on topic, My fave would probably be Eden Hazard, devastating on either wing and AMC, so fast and can pick a pass beautifully

Aiden McGeady, 211 goals in 6 seasons with Celtic and then 100 goals in 98 games with Sampdoria over 3 seasons and easily the most consistant player in that career I played. Have signed him many times since in new saves, and he's good, but never managed to equal that great save game.

I've managed three clubs in my current save so far. Celtic, AC Milan and am now at Man Utd, have had Areola in goals at all three clubs and he's been brilliant for me. I even had Mandanda and Adler at Man Utd at the same time as him but had to let them both go as their careers were getting ruined by Areola keeping them both out. Now I have a 16 year old regen as backup keeper who my scouts say has the potential to be as good as him.

Brett Ormerod. Signed him for 10k the day after my transfer embargo was lifted in the summer after my first season with AFC Bournemouth in League 2. He's scored 15 in 23 games so far and set up 12 for others, an absolute steal and his stats haven't deminished which is remarkable as he is a veteran XD

Class Act.

Guillem Bauza - ST from Swansea, signed by my predecessor at Shrewsbury (I started unemployed, got the job in December 2009). Incredibly average stats, but an absolute goal machine in L2 and one of the most clinical one-on-one scorers I've ever seen. Not so sharp in L1, but still handy.

Regen would have to be Joe Davies, a DC who started his first match for Shrewsbury at 16 and went on to play 50 games both of the next two seasons. Still starting after I've moved on, one of my big regrets is not being able to watch him grow up and set appearance records.

Okey, this might be weird but Shaun-Wright Phillips, he does always perform for me. Even though I have the best team, he always comes out to perform. Especially the first season. Zapata is good too, what a header.

eden hazard

he kept me in the barca job and almost singlehandedly turned it round so that we won the league when no other player looked interested

oh, and he kept andres iniesta out of the side

Balotelli I think.

Was playing a game as United and he ended up with a PA of... eh, where are the spoiler tags?

Anyway, he ended up forming an unholy partnership with Rooney and Welbeck in an attack that was pretty much unstoppable.

I've had the privilege to have had a guy called Andres Neves in my first FM10 career game. A striker. I was Sampaio Correa in brazilian lowest division when i got him.

Was just scoring goals for fun. Even when i got promoted to Série B and Brasileiro as well. Best player i've had in a long long time. Became my favourite player immediately.

Archived