Your Manager Character

When starting as a manager are you yourself or do you play as an ex-professional or coach at the club you taking control of? I like my games to be realistic so I chose to be an ex-pro just starting out their managerial career. Does anyone else do this or am I mad?

I may be sort of redefining sad here but I just make a person up, right now I'm 'Carlo Gomez', a Brazilian manager with Carlos Queiroz's picture...other profiles I've invented have Ian Brown's picture and Andy Garcia's picture

Don't know why, it's FM, everyone does something weird in the FM world

I am currently Michael Appleton, the ex-Man Utd youngster whose career ended short due to injury. On a previous FM I was Chris Casper with Cheltenham on my greatest save winning the FA Cup whilst in League 1, however he actually became a manager so I couldn't use him anymore.

I am currently Michael Appleton, the ex-Man Utd youngster whose career ended short due to injury. On a previous FM I was Chris Casper with Cheltenham on my greatest save winning the FA Cup whilst in League 1, however he actually became a manager so I couldn't use him anymore.

I was Kenny Dalglish a few times on FM07 actually, because if I remember right he wasn't in the game at all. Even though I'm Irish, I only ever be a Brazilian, Spanish or Serbian manager. No idea why though

I create a completly fictional character, and I decide my managers personality and traits.

For example, I maybe a manager who likes to play defensive football, so this may be how i set up at alot of clubs.

For example, my manager is a guy named Laszlo Novak from Hungary.

I usually use Jerry Sloan of the Utah Jazz (NBA team) or use a picture of Joe Hill and give him an Irish name and nationality (lately it's been Shea O'Riley or Mick Rowley).

Never use myself as I'm only 24. When I'm 32/33 I think I'll start using myself.

I used to use my own name and add 20 years ... then 10 years ... now I don't really need to add anything.

I use the name Jose Arrogantio now, the Mourinho spoof played by Paul Whitehouse (search Youtube, some funny stuff). I set my nationality and experience to whatever suits the game I'm playing.

i think i might be the wierdest person here, well this yaer at least. i always use to be myself + a few years, but this year i decided to try the female option out coz i was having a laugh with the missus. lol. so im using her details and her pic. and i usually try and have a week each month getting angry with the media. lol

like i said, i must be the saddest person here. lol

i think i might be the wierdest person here, well this yaer at least. i always use to be myself + a few years, but this year i decided to try the female option out coz i was having a laugh with the missus. lol. so im using her details and her pic. and i usually try and have a week each month getting angry with the media. lol

Can we have a look at your manager profile, with the pic? ;)

:D :D

I either add my real details (when managing in England), or I do a cheesy translation of my name into the local language. However, in my recent Swedish league save I've been using the name Kurt Wallander, after the fictional Swedish detective from Henning Mankell's books (for those who didn't know).

lol. well this will be the first time i have put pics on a forum, so give me a few mins, also i started this save in version 10.0.0 and it took the pic off at some point, not sure y, so ill put the pic that i did use up seperately. will be doing the same thing again when the new patch comes out, coz its added a new bit of fun to the game for me, trying to act like someone else. lol

lol. well this will be the first time i have put pics on a forum, so give me a few mins, also i started this save in version 10.0.0 and it took the pic off at some point, not sure y, so ill put the pic that i did use up seperately. will be doing the same thing again when the new patch comes out, coz its added a new bit of fun to the game for me, trying to act like someone else. lol

You can just put the pic of your mrs up if you wish? :D

I like immersion in my video games. For that reason, I always play as myself. It just feels a bit... off any other way.

It's the opposite for me, at least with anything up to and including FM08, I've had to create a fictitious male manager due to the lack of female option. Started being myself with 09 and 10, but after a while, I found it was more immersive as the original male manager, as in some weird way, I couldn't picture myself as part of the FM bubble - as it was a completely fictitious world, it felt weird having something "real" in it.

Edit: Just to elaborate, it also feels weird that I would be managing a football team in the first place. :p

I use my alter-ego/screen name (in both first name and last name so however I'm refered to it's there) but aside from that, reputation, and the fact that my age is adjusted (though it won't be too long before that stops) every other details I put in are my own and I don't have a 'game character'. Though on my very first time I named myself as a tribute to the recently departed Brian Clough.

I always use real name, real age and nationalities. Experience depends on team, I like sunday league rep for long term game but if I'm having a short term game I'll always use pro. I find that international makes me get a stupidly high wage to start with.

I usually name my manager after myself, although I age myself by a few years as you don't get many 28 year old managers in real life.

I generally do the same thing... Just make myself born in '68 rather than '86...

In terms of making myself a fromer player, I would be disappointed if I ended up with the wrong caps/goals so I've never done it.

Not sad at all but definitely funny. I mentioned in a previous thread that I made my missus chairman to keep her happy, but you've got me well trumped there :cool:

Excellent work :thup:

You will get soe pervy comments now though so be warned :D

lol. thats fine, the pic is here on the say so of the missus anyway, she was reading the posts and asked y i hadn't posted a pic in reply yet, then made me put it up. lol

think she just getting vain and wanting to see the comments. LMAO

lol. thats fine, the pic is here on the say so of the missus anyway, she was reading the posts and asked y i hadn't posted a pic in reply yet, then made me put it up. lol

think she just getting vain and wanting to see the comments. LMAO

Ahh, she wants the attention :D

Archived