what year are you in on fm 10

im @ 23 aug 2011.

not sure if this is legal, due to player naming, but these are big names, so not really big surprises...

some of the weirdest/ biggest transfers until now:

2011 - Roberto Soldado --- Getafe -> Tottenham ---E 27 M

2010 - Aaron Lennon ------ Tottenham -> Barca ----E 21,5 M

2010 - Fabrizio Miccoli ---- Palermo -> At. Madrid --E 19,75 M

2010 - Franck Ribery ------ Bayern -> Barca --------E 44 M

2009 - Andrea Pirlo ------- Milan -> Chelsea --------E 20,5 M

2009 - Ryan Babel -------- Liverpool -> ManCity ----E 18,75 M (!!!)

this made me laugh:

2009 - Mirko Vucinic -------- Roma -> Man Utd -------E 21,5 M

2011 - Mirko Vucinic -------- Man Utd -> Roma -------E 40 M

1-1-2011 with Newcastle.

First season, came 2nd in the championship. Now in the prem, won my first match then had a rocky patch. Switched tactics through trial and error (something had to change :D) and now im sitting 4th after a run of 9 wins out of 12 matches. Managing to pick up a few younguns to nurture aswell. All in all, not going too bad. Europe is too soon for me this season, but i'll be aiming for it next year for definate :)

these people who are 3-4 seasons in, have you had any crashes or memory problems

Well, im only 1 and a half seasons in, and apart from a small issue when i very first got the game (fm 0f8484 blah blah whatever has stopped working), ive had no problems. No crashes ar anything to be honest.

I also save to 3 files once a week (game-time). I have had long, enjoyable saves corrupt on me so i do this to minimise the risks of it happening :)

2012 with a Swedish club named Malmo FF. 2 straight league titles, and last year I managed to make it to the Champion's League Group Stage, which is huge for a Swedish club. Then I drew a pretty tough group of Barcelona, Benfica, Astonvilla...lost all games but beat Astonvilla once :D

The big question for those of you multiple seasons in; is long term gameplay still hopelessly broken? Does the AI actually pay attention to up and coming players, or are major trophies still winnable by default if you pay even remote attention to youth?

I guess the sort of folk who pay enough attention to answer won't be far enough into the game yet, but as this has been an issue for years I'm not holding my breath...

Currently nearing the end of my 3rd season with Tottenham. Have had quite a strong start to my FM10 career, having won the fa cup and league cup and finished 2nd in the league both times and missing out in my debut single on the title by goal difference to Man City!!! :)

am on 12th september 2015 with notts county.... got promoted in my first season and my second season been in championship ever since.... lost in play off final now im a mid table team...... with berbatov and macheda up front with lampard, kallstrom arshavin and michael johnson in midfield and toure, kompany, naughton and bridge in defence!!

Currently nearing the end of my 3rd season with Tottenham. Have had quite a strong start to my FM10 career, having won the fa cup and league cup and finished 2nd in the league both times and missing out in my debut single on the title by goal difference to Man City!!! :)

Debut single?! Was someone just watching X-factor?

ive been forced to restart after numerous crashes :(

furthest i've got so far is January of my first season with Villa. we were doing great, only lost once and sitting 3rd in the league but then as usual after a crash and having to replay fixtures i'd already played (and won), our form drops and now we're down to 6th. its so frustrating and really damages the overall experience of what could/should be a great game.

thank GOD that Dragon Age is sooooo damn good :)

it really does take the pain away and will continue to do so until SI get their beautiful game fixed!

im currently 2012 with Wolves, 12th first season, 9th 2nd season and 4th in January so far, brought some top players in and some old heads for free. Board is still only asking for mid table so im going pretty good, everyone is happy, so far Everton and Aston Villa have won the league and Aston Villa are on top so far this year as well, i really want to keep this save all year but i know i will go to a new one at some point, maybe run a load of asian leagues and try win the World Club or something

Start of August 2010 with Aberdeen. Finished third in the first season by a couple of points from a surging Dundee United, so I'm now looking forward to attempting to get into the group stage of the Europa League. Just managed to get Sander Westerveld and Graham Alexander in on frees.

I had a few crashes early on, but since about Christmas 2009 it hasn't happened once.

Archived