Players unavailable due to incarcaration or DEATH

Just wondering what you guys think about incorporating such occurances into FM? Although it would of course be a very rare thing to happen, it would be realistic.

Examples are:

Mark-Vivian Foe died while still a player (during a game I believe)

Joey Barton (locked up a couple of times I think)

Jermaine Pennant (locked up for driving offences)

So what you guys think? Should these things be in the game? Should there be a possibility of losing your players to jail or even death??:eek: And if so, what sort of attributes would determine the likelihood of such events.

And last but by no means least, would SI ever in a million years consider this??

Bit of a mad idea but it would be interesting to hear what people think and it should create a fun discussion:D

I don't think this should occur as others have said. But I would like to have career ending injuries and to really see players like Joey Barton, despite their talent. Make you want to release them at the first oppurtunity because they give you such a headache.

Yeah, the legality is a statement that gets banded around quite often. If i was a prem footballer, or any footballer in the database actually, i wouldnt really care what happened in a game! If it said i was killed in a car crash, or locked up for whatever reason i certainly wouldnt even consider a law suit. No, i'd just realise it was a game and im sure the vast majority of players would realise its just a game!

Imagine Nep's fury if Smylie was on 2999 goals then got killed in a hit and run. He would be furious :D

TBF it would be very interesting if this were to be put in for regens, but highly doubt it will.

Maybe a message of former retired players dying of old age.

Imagine Nep's fury if Smylie was on 2999 goals then got killed in a hit and run. He would be furious :D

TBF it would be very interesting if this were to be put in for regens, but highly doubt it will.

The former players dying would be a nice touch addition (not sure nice is the correct word but hey....). It would annoy me though if I got the perfect team and then my best striker had a random heart attack.

Think there would be many smashed monitors/games chucked across the room.

This is one of those features that would increase realism but in a negative way. It's the same as having a Heysel disaster in a previous version i.e CM98, realistic but noone would really want it.

And there'd probably be a bug meaning any in-form player in your squad would die every six months...

Its a great and realistic idea but the Chicken Littles out there will kill it.

Firstly, no player can sue. If John Terry died, how would he, or anyone else know? And, how is he legally injured. Not gonna happen.

Since its something that a real manager will rarely have to deal with, it should be in the game.

I don't think it's a good idea TBH. It's such a rareity is not as though we've missed it or not having it takes away from the experience at all. Pointless, controversial edition IMO.

This is one of those features that would increase realism but in a negative way. It's the same as having a Heysel disaster in a previous version i.e CM98, realistic but noone would really want it.

And there'd probably be a bug meaning any in-form player in your squad would die every six months...

lol what, Heysel in cm98? Elaborate for the younger generation who never played that please :eek:

It won't happen...

Even if it's just a game, I doubt clubs would accept the chance of one of their employees (fully recognizable, in some cases even with a picture in the game) being arrested or dying. Even if it's a mere simulation.

For the same reasons the concept of ref/player bribing, match fixing and doping hasn't been implemented in a game for ages (since USM98 and On the Ball respectively IIRC, and even then there was a huge disclaimer, AND the teams weren't fully licensed)

So I can't really see SI asking or getting permission to have real players arrested or killed. And personally I don't have a problem with that.

In reality said events are very rare, so I don't think they need to be featured in the game

Never liked these death idea that people come up with for FM. Not only is it twisted, but it's also farcical - a game where we can manage clubs for over 200 years, yet the idea is that our players should have some forms of death put upon them. The day this feature appears WILL be the day I stop playing.

Instead of adding death to the game (I dont think thats needed because there is enough crap in this world, i play FM to get away from reality sometimes) we should be focusing on CELEBRATING our in game stars, our teams and our managerial careers with adding an almost story like theme to it over the years.

I would prefer testimonians and return of retired players (even long retired stars, like 50-60 year old players) for charity games etc. That would add to the game and make it more enjoyable playing a career game.

In Italy these charity events happen very often and it would be nice being in 2040 for example and my club legend comes on for a charity event and is given a standing ovation by the crowd.

I do agree with one thing - we need more NEGATIVE things to happen to players in regards to discipline but they should only happen to regens.

- players being banned for various things

- young players forming negative bonds with players and ruining their careers

- weight issues

- hugely hyped youngsters in media which leads to them being burnt out etc.

Just a few ideas.

As the person who started the thread I may as well give my opinion...

I would rather that players dying was not a feature in FM. It is such a rarity that there really is no need. I actually think that I would feel grievance and be in mourning if one of my (good) players died in the game. (Or to put it another way, I would feel immense rage)

As for the career-ending injuries that have been discussed, I think this is less of a rarity and would definitely add realism to the game. It would be heart-breaking stuff and I suppose would create the same problem as the death thing but its something that does happen (Look at Gordon Ramsey, could have been one of the greats lol :p)

I do think that bans and legal issues should be incorporated into the game. These are all part and parcel of the lives of the players. It would be up to you I suppose to avoid signing the type of player who is prone to a bit of fisticuffs, illicit substances or general recklessness in his private life. This may entail SI including more personality attributes to determine the likelihood of such misdemeanors.

HAHAHAHAHA :D

Picturing it now!!!!!

Would have to devise some puppet strings and tie them to the roof of the stadium and get in a puppeteer:D

Archived