The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the 1000th post goes to Fausto.

2-2 with Man Utd against my former team Newcastle. Battling with me as I try and my beloved United back to the top after they finished 4th in 2010-11 and 5th in 2011-12 after which SAF retired.

2014 World Cup Final:

Argentina 1 - 0 Italy

Sergio Aguero hit the winner in the 4th minute of first-half stoppage time. Culminated my run to the Cup which consisted of 2 wins (Algeria and Poland) and a draw (France) in the group stages, and knockout wins over Saudi Arabia (5-1), Cote d'Ivoire (2-1), United States (3-1), and then Italy.

Southampton 6-5 Leicester City

Top of the Championship, unbeaten in 18 league games, and then -

2-0 down within 15 minutes to the current FA Cup holders with goals from Fryatt (9) & Anichebe (15), pulled back with goals from N'Gog (22,41),Llanna (34) & Bojinov (43) before Solano(45+3) made it 4-3 in my favour at HT.

Second half was just as mad.... Anichebe(54) levelled it at 4-4, Bojinov(58) put us back in front only for Solano(72) yet again pulled them back into it, all i can say is thank god for N'Gog with the winner on 83!

Last day of the season, going for a playoff spot after relegation from the EPL Shef Wed (me) up 3-0 with 20 to go goalie gets red carded for handling outside of the area....wtf he was inside....Notts County score from the Free, then score strait of the restart, back up goalie fouls in the area, strait red for violent conduct they score penalty...its now 3-3 with 2 mins extra time to go my dc throws in back to my keeper (my striker) and he does a bloody enckleman strait through the foot and into the goal........................................... 4-3 playoff dreams gone

Ivory Coast 0-1 Ghana African Nations Semi Final.

Gutted - think i might get sacked now - but so few players to choose from with only english league running.

got nigeria next in 3/4 playoff

p.s. won quarter final v senegal 7-4!!!!!

Fleetwood Town 1-2 Eastleigh

Last game of the season, needed to match or better Luton's result to win the BSP, they cruised to a 4-0 win over Solihull. At half time, we were 2-0 up and comfortable. Then we gave away a silly goal and you could see my team falling apart under the pressure. Our passing was wayward, our tackling poor, but somehow Fleetwood couldn't take advantage. 90 minutes on the clock, one of their strikers gets free in the area, shoots. Keeper makes a good save but can only parry it back to their other forward. He slots it home. Noooooooo! It's over. We've lost the titl....OFFSIDE!!!!!!!!!!! I love you linesman!!!!!

Turkey 4 Hungary 2

Gokhan Unal (46,55,74).....Buzsaky (16)

Some other bloke.............Sowunmi (50)

Great first half, but the second half was the Gokhan Unal show, he ripped me apart. 3 pointless games against Malta, Moldova and Greece to go which I will try to win.

Had to post my last result, just faced Swansea away in the FA Cup,

Swansea are in the Premier League.

61334880.png

78441397.png

19103274.jpg

My first season in charge of Bournemouth & currently 4th in League 2, so i was expecting to get hammered.

But it was us who did the hammering, 5-0 away from home. :D

Glad to be in the 4th round, could really do with the money.

Quarter Final Champions League... We lost away at Real Madrid 3-2. I hoped for a 1-0 victory at home... And then this happened:

Realgame.jpg

And here's the player ratings. As you can see, Real didn't play with a bad team, either.

Realratings.jpg

And they're first in the Primera División, so it's not like they have a bad season (we're #1 in the EPL btw)

Realprimera.jpg

No doubt, this is the best result I've ever had on FM. :cool:

ADO Den Haag - Ajax 1-2

ADO is somewhat inconvinient opponent to me. Lindgren conceded a penalty in first half, but my legendary "want to see more from you" team talk brought me back and goals from Pantelic and Lodeiro (wonderful 35-yard screamer free kick just below crossbar) made it 2-1 and I managed to hold on it.

Gives me 4th straight win in the beginning of the season.

Milan - Palermo 2-1

Pirlo scored from the penalty spot in the beginning of the game, but then Miccoli equalized with a shot from distance. Then changed tactics, put Felipe to attack far post, as Thiago Silva was losing all the headers coming from corners. In the 94th minute, Kjaer concedes a corner. Pirlo puts it in the far post, and Felipe scores the winning goal. Still 7 points behind the leaders, Inter.

PSV - Ajax 0-1 (Alderweireld)

TBH lucky to win this tough away game, but I don't mind.

PSV certainly DO mind because 5 games played from the start of the season and they've just gathered 2 point when I've started with 5 wins in a row.

Archived