The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing as Barcelona, first game of my third season, 4-0 La Liga win over Deportivo La Coruna. Two from Ibrahimovic, one from Dentinho, one from Pique. Sergio Aguero man of the match.

Finished last season level on 101 points with Real Madrid, with 115 goals scored and 26 conceded - and still finished second!! Lost out because was beaten twice by Real in the league.

Current line-up:

Valdes

Chygrinski

Bale

Pique

Chiellini

Messi

Dentinho

Xavi

Toure

Ibrahimovic

Aguero

With Iniesta, Shelvey, Fleck, Gignac and Puyol amongst the subs.

Burscough 0-2 FC United of Manchester

Last game of my first season. Whoever won this would win the league and get automatic promotion to Blue Square North. I was 1st they were 2nd on goal difference. 0-0 at half time I got worried beacuse they were battering me and put the squad mentality on defensive and ended knocking two past them. Didn't really matter in the end though because Burscough ended up winning the Play-offs.

Alcala 0 - Atletico Madrid 6

Copa del Rey

Aguero-Forlan

Aquino-Raul Garcia - Maduro - Salvio

Cabrera - Dominguez - Muniesa - Bartra

De Gea

so far 15 matches in the first season, won 14, draw 1 against Madrid

- knocked out Arsenal from the ECC, 8-2 global

- 1st in my ECC group followed by OLyon.

Newcastle 1 (Xisco, 52) Nottm Forest 2 (Defoe 13, 28)

I was Forest. In the 2012/2013 season. Got defoe for 5.1m (Basically 75% of my budget). Worth every Penny. Got Robert Lewandowski the season before for 3.1m and between them they've put away 57 goals in 33 games. Not a bad return.

West Ham 1 - 2 Aston Villa

FA Cup Final 2017

Gutting loss for my team, started with an early lead around 15 mins into first half and then one of my players decided to go two-footed into a challenge in the middle of the pitch with no need. So down to 10 men around 30 mins, since then it went down hill and Villa soon equalised 3 minutes before half-time that got me annoyed considering we should have held onto our lead to half-time. So i start the second half, held onto the 1-1 draw until the 83rd minute when they scored the winner.

Overall bad season.

10 Feb 2019

Dutch Eredivisie

Sparta Rotterdam 2 - 1 FC Eindhoven

Geert Arend Roorda 27.................Mike Boelee 64

Ljubisa Tomasevic 70

Lorenzo Maino m/pen 48

This result was our 5th win in 9 games since taking them over in November 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Stoke 0 - 1 Man Utd

Are you friggin kidding me!? What happened to motivation?

We had an odds of 8 to win and we only manage to get one lousy goal! Also drew against PSV and LOST against Wolves! This even happened in the same month as my birthday! (february)

Uhh.. Thanks?

May 2021: Valencia 2 Real Madrid 1 Failed to win the Champions League yet again even though I had the lead. And at Atletico's stadium as well!! Had also just missed out winning La Liga by 2 points to Barca. Grrr...

Manchester United 2-1 Blackburn

Hardly a vintage performance, but with the title already wrapped up and no Champions League or FA Cup final to come, this was the final game of the season. Nani and Anderson bagged our goals.

Roma 4-1

Was losing 3-1 following first leg of this Champions League Quarter Final, and as such went for it. 1-0 down after twenty minutes, I thought it was over. Yet a hat-trick from Milyevski took it to extra time! From there, Ivan Rakitic scored one of the scrappiest goals I've ever come across to send us through... Phew!

It's deja vu. Handball off the line gives Ghana a penalty in the World Cup although it was Culina rather than Kewell and it wasn't a red card. I lost 1-0 but I am absolutely disgusted at the decision.

Back on my United save for a while:

Man Utd 3 - 1 PSV (Aggregate)

Through to the semis

Everton 1 - 2 Man Utd

They scored first in the first half. Second half I change to 451 and Welbeck scores two. Best comeback I've had, so far :)

I now lead the league with about 15 points after 30 matches :thup:

Archived