The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Atletico Madrid 0 - 1 Ajax

CL 1st knockout round 1st Leg. Scored in the first minute, defended well for the next 70, then had 3 great chances to put the tie beyond them in the last 20 or so mins but missed them. Still, should be able to get a draw at least back in Amsterdam :)

Aaaaannndddd....

Ajax 1 - 0 Atletico Madrid

Another very early goal all but sealed the tie, but it was still a great game, with both sides having loads of chances and only some fantastic keeping from both Asenjo and Vando keeping the score down.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds come out on top in this violent match at Stamford Bridge, which saw the Referee handing out cards like confetti at a wedding.

ChelseaLeedsWin1a.jpg

Remy lucky not to get an early bath in the 5th minute after cything down Charles Orvambo, needless to say the teperature of the match ran high after this both on and off the pitch.

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2

Torres 50 .. Rosicky 18

................. Walcott 80

Rosicky scored with a deflected shot after bringing down a cross from the right, Torres capitalised on a horrendous error by Lloris who ran 35 yards from goal and mis-controlled the ball. Then substitute Theo Walcott scored a freekick.

Juventus 3 - 2 Fiorentina (italian Super Cup)

I had 9 players in my first team (the rest was away playing international matches), so I had to bring in players from my reserves and U20 teams.

This incl. 2 16 year old DC's, a 17 year old GK and my youngest player so far, a 14 year old defender.

Ajax 1 - 0 PSV

Pretty meaningless game, as I'd won the Eredivisie about 6 games ago, and PSV were guaranteed second, but it's still a nice way to round off the league season: beating our rivals, as well as breaking the Eredivisie points record (which admittedly, was ours from the previous year). Now just the CL final to go. I'm getting nervous... :p

AjaxCLF16.jpg

A horrible game for the 90 mins of normal time. A total of 11 shots (both teams combined), only two of which were on target, but the (correct) sending off of Castelini for a second yellow, and Huddlestone's injury left Spurs playing with 9 men for much of extra-time, and we weren't going to let that chance go to waste. Michiels took advantage of a mistake by Smythe to play in Furuta, before we scored twice on the break as Spurs desperately threw men forward.

Champions League Qualifier

Arsenal 0 Beitar Jarusalem 0

5-1 up in Israel, so we were through to the group stages anyway. Feel sorry for the fans who turned up though the game was terrible.

New Save Game using Super Blademans Level 11 Database, i'm still playing my Leeds Save as well, just fancied something different.

In This i am playing at home as my hometown team, currently in the 11th tier of the league system.

DroitwichVEarlswoodSeason1a.jpg

Kind of a change from playing the usual teams :)

A disappointing 5-1 loss away at local rivals Gillingham in the FA Cup first round. Didn't expect to win but the performance just wasn't up to it. Was pleased to get that far with my BSS-leading Maidstone team but rather annoyed not to have had a single home tie, would have been good for the finances.

Tonight I bring you a tale of the golden oldie who took his chance with aplomb.

Rubén Baraja, Spanish veteran signed as backup for my Liga adelante Granada CF side, as I have plenty of younger talent and I thought he would be handy for tutoring, plus the odd game here and there. Mutterings from my coaches he's unhappy that he's feeling left out. Suspension and injuries to my main midfielders, my next choices not fully fit... "I'll throw Rubén in for a game, that should perk him up a little..." I think.

Granada CF 3 - 0 Osasuna

Rubén Baraja, first-half hat-trick!

...he may just get a few more games. :)

Archived