Touch not updated to 20.2.0 update

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a scandal and I shall be writing strongly worded letters to the people responsible. You will also be contacted by my lawyers.

I won't let you get away with not updating my video game when I wanted you to, which was last Friday. You have ruined my weekend and you will face the consequences.

Good day.

Never played/bought touch before but been playing the full game for 30+ years, was thinking of making the switch this year as I have a premium Samsung Tablet.

I know there's a lot of upset/angry posts but is there actually any eta on the next update on android. Don't wanna purchase this version if they are never going to fix the bugs but don't wanna purchase full game for them to fix the bugs next week!

On 06/12/2019 at 16:00, eencae said:

Touch is coming out on the Nintendo Switch on the 10th so wouldn't be surprised to see the PC/Mac 20.2.0 update arrive then too. 

This makes sense - they probably want the same game and version across all platforms. 

If it is the case I think it's horrible customer service tho ... if a ready patch for PC and tablets was delayed because of the launch on Switch. But here's to speculation. Obviously I don't know what's going on in SI HQ. 

23 minutes ago, Footix said:

This makes sense - they probably want the same game and version across all platforms. 

If it is the case I think it's horrible customer service tho ... if a ready patch for PC and tablets was delayed because of the launch on Switch. But here's to speculation. Obviously I don't know what's going on in SI HQ. 

I don't think there is cross sync with the Switch version. I can understand wanting the tablets and PC version to be the same as people do use cross sync between these devices.

2 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

The detaly in releasing the update for FMT it's a bit unusual. in previous years, FM and FMT (in all plataforms) were usually updated in the same day, or at most FMT were updated the day after.

So i'm assuming that with this upcoming update there are a larger number os issues that SI are fixing, issues that are FMT exclusive.

There were issues related with the UI, with some android tablets, etc etc. 

Purely speculating here, but my guess is the patching process is perhaps taking longer because it's over multiple formats which complicates the process. No doubt they're working at it though.

6 minutes ago, Colorado said:

Purely speculating here, but my guess is the patching process is perhaps taking longer because it's over multiple formats which complicates the process. No doubt they're working at it though.

Would like an ETA though.. Got to schedule my life..

I'm out of this... FM20 Touch is now uninstalled, and I'm back on FMT19.

It's so frustrating and unprofessional to run this game like that. I can't figure out why SI still launches such a faulty and unfinished game. I've played FM/CM for more then 20 years and it's still the same. 

I'll take a look at FMT20 again after January transfer update, perhaps the game is playable again at that time. 

26 minutes ago, mexicoz said:

It's so frustrating and unprofessional to run this game like that. I can't figure out why SI still launches such a faulty and unfinished game. I've played FM/CM for more then 20 years and it's still the same. 

I'll take a look at FMT20 again after January transfer update, perhaps the game is playable again at that time. 

It was the same last year, but I still have hope

5 hours ago, mexicoz said:

It's been like this for years. I do understand to some extent though as they are constrained by the football season. How many games release new versions every year? Pretty sure Call of Duty is made by 2 studios who alternate release years (i.e. 2 year dev cycle) - at least it used to be when I played it.

However it is annoying. Especially with Touch and the inability to play a custom database...buy the game in November, 2 months after the start of the season. Official update usually out in Feb, after the window closes. By June the database is completely out-of-date with no way to update. Then have to wait nearly 6 months for the new game to come out. I know the official line is because it is cross-platform, but I suspect the in-game purchases (£££££££££) are the main reason.

15 hours ago, mexicoz said:

It will be playable only after March update, believe me. Last years I start to play the new version only on march

6 hours ago, MichelleC said:

I think at least if SI give us an estimated release time, we can wait...but if they keep silence on it, we all think we are being left in a black hole and unwanted...

At every dawn arrives new hope and it's the hope that kills you.

this is pathetic, i bought the game on sunday thinking the me was fixed, it turns out it wasn't (it explains why while playing i was thinking "wow, it must've been real bad before they "fixed it" if it looks like this now" ;) ). if there are more issues on touch, it's more difficult to do the update for other reasons etc... why not release an update with the match engine only first?! this is the main problem with the game, it's one of the most important parts of the game, so i don't think some ui issues or other (some also important) bugs should make us wait longer. the game is almost unplayable now.

1 hour ago, radosst said:

this is pathetic, i bought the game on sunday thinking the me was fixed, it turns out it wasn't (it explains why while playing i was thinking "wow, it must've been real bad before they "fixed it" if it looks like this now" ;) ). if there are more issues on touch, it's more difficult to do the update for other reasons etc... why not release an update with the match engine only first?! this is the main problem with the game, it's one of the most important parts of the game, so i don't think some ui issues or other (some also important) bugs should make us wait longer. the game is almost unplayable now.

I disagree. Regen manager influx from the start of the game, that is the main problem. 

it's been a week since the full version of the game got the update/patch. and we're still only able to play this broken version of it. I haven't played the game since then, I really wish I could ask for a refund, it has been a waste of money so far.

and the sad part of it all is that they don't even acknowledge the situation, it's like they don't even care anymore. why should I really?

Edited by Driver7

Just now, steam just is said:

They wanted us to buy FMT and now making us wait so we go full fat on stadia. I assume it’s SEGA not SI being cheeky.

It very clearly isn't. It's explained in that tweet.

Definitely tempted to make the switch to full fat going forward. Not normally critical of the game but having basic functionality such as no nationalities screen, inability to view player PPMs of those not at your club, really clunky team screens for AI reserves and U23s, lack of dark skin etc., a month into the release of the game is a little disappointing. Add the fact that there has barely been any official communication for a week since the release of 20.2 for the full game makes me feel like FMT is just an afterthought.

2 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

month into the release of the game is a little disappointing. Add the fact that there has barely been any official communication for a week since the release of 20.2 for the full game makes me feel like FMT is just an afterthought.

I fully agree. Miles said that he understood that people were disappointed with the later release this year, but it gave the team a chance to sort out the bugs before the game was available. Like you, I don't like being critical, but I've no idea how that many bugs slipped through 

The official FM account is actively ignoring questions about the update, which is pretty disappointing. Just today someone asked, the questions right before and after his were answered, so whoever it was, definitely would've seen the update question. 

Since the Stadia announcement, FMT has definitely slipped down the list of priorities 

ok, the other problems are also important, i only played for one day, i'm probably not aware of many of them, still... releasing a hotfix for me only would be possible and easy, despite different platforms. so at least, we'd have a better me instead of nothing...

3 hours ago, Gerara said:

These are the consequences when there is no real competition

The mods should start giving infractions every time someone says this. It's tired, lazy, and just plain wrong. Not to mention utterly disrespectful to the many people who work on the game all year long. 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The mods should start giving infractions every time someone says this. It's tired, lazy, and just plain wrong. Not to mention utterly disrespectful to the many people who work on the game all year long. 

But what they're doing is very respectful towards us right? Paying for a game and getting an unfinished crap, then having to wait weeks to get an update, to get even a response from that hardworking team? I don't think so.

7 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's tired, lazy, and just plain wrong.

You don't know what kind of game FM would be if there would be some worthy competition on the market, so cool your jets with those infractions.

1 hour ago, Prej said:

You don't know what kind of game FM would be if there would be some worthy competition on the market

Ok, take your time with this one, no pressure. 

Why do you think it is that there IS no real competition? Football management games have been immensely popular since the early 80s, and hundreds have been produced, so there is absolutely nothing stopping a decent sized software house producing a worthy alternative to FM, right? 

So, why don't they? 

It's not a case of 'what kind of game FM would be', it's a case of 'it's because of what kind of game FM is', that there is no competition. 

It would take decades to build up the competence SI have, to develop a manager game like FM. Instead of being disrespectful against SI, I would rather have focused on what we would have done without SI's FM or any football manager games at all. In my case, it would have meant a life without meaning ;)

A couple of FM-bugs is not synonymous with a global collapse. Play FM19 if you are not happy with FM20. If you are angry because you spent money on something you did not like, you should learn from it next time you consider buying a computer game so close to release-date. Be patient, and be constructive - it really helps.

I enjoy FMT20, and I am very grateful for all the versions SI have released.

19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Why do you think it is that there IS no real competition? Football management games have been immensely popular since the early 80s, and hundreds have been produced, so there is absolutely nothing stopping a decent sized software house producing a worthy alternative to FM, right?

I think the problem here is that it's not worth it to invest in such a niche product. They may have been popular in the past, but the video game market has evolved in a different direction and graphically intensive games are the hype now.

If you compare FM with, I don't know, Call of Duty or The Witcher, you can't say FM is an "immensely popular" video game.

It's not a case of 'what kind of game FM would be', it's a case of 'it's because of what kind of game FM is', that there is no competition.

Sure, but it's not an answer to what I asked. Of course trying to compete with FM these days wouldn't make much sense because the title had years to establish itself on the market. I'm also not bashing FM in any way because there is a steady and positive evolution in the series.

What I wanted meant was a "what if" situation. What if there was one or two other similar games on the market, would SI put more effort into beta testing / patching / reacting to the community and so on.

4 hours ago, Prej said:

I think the problem here is that it's not worth it to invest in such a niche product. They may have been popular in the past, but the video game market has evolved in a different direction and graphically intensive games are the hype now.

If you compare FM with, I don't know, Call of Duty or The Witcher, you can't say FM is an "immensely popular" video game.

Sure, but it's not an answer to what I asked. Of course trying to compete with FM these days wouldn't make much sense because the title had years to establish itself on the market. I'm also not bashing FM in any way because there is a steady and positive evolution in the series.

What I wanted meant was a "what if" situation. What if there was one or two other similar games on the market, would SI put more effort into beta testing / patching / reacting to the community and so on.

I agree. It's really weird they keep releasing the game (2018 and 2019) with some bugs that make the game unplayable for me. Even more weird is that FM possesses bugs in parts of the game that used to work perfectly in earlier versions! How is that possible?

Edited by Samelders

27 minutes ago, Prej said:

Football manager usually hangs around in the top 10 charts of most played games in Steam. To call that a "niche product" is bending the reality a bit, no?

And, unlike other games, stays there all the time, while the majority of other games stays for 2-3 months. FM, is one of few games that can last a complete year, untill the next version is released.

Edited by Keyzer Soze

39 minutes ago, Prej said:

To even suggest the devs put in less effort into all these things because there's 'no competition' is immensely disrespectful. 

Look at how EA treat their customer base, despite heavy competition from Konami. They released a career mode in FIFA this year which was actually broken. The last time SI released an actual unplayable game out the box was CM4, around 16 years ago. 

49 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Football manager usually hangs around in the top 10 charts of most played games in Steam. To call that a "niche product" is bending the reality a bit, no?

And, unlike other games, stays there all the time, while the majority of other games stays for 2-3 months. FM, is one of few games that can last a complete year, untill the next version is released.

Sure, but many people have their game running in the background for many hours without playing it.

Also, I was talking about sales figures. I suspect COD to be selling much more than FM, but you can correct me in a friendly fashion, as you do.

33 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

To even suggest the devs put in less effort into all these things because there's 'no competition' is immensely disrespectful. 

Look at how EA treat their customer base, despite heavy competition from Konami. They released a career mode in FIFA this year which was actually broken. The last time SI released an actual unplayable game out the box was CM4, around 16 years ago. 

I'm not suggesting that, stop it already.

Here's what I said: "What if there was one or two other similar games on the market, would SI put more effort into beta testing / patching / reacting to the community and so on".

I did not say SI is doing a bad job. I LIKE SI. I LIKE FM. I'M NOT BASHING THEM.

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, and by asking if they would put 'more effort' into something if another set of circumstances exist clearly implies you think they're putting less effort in now. 

Perhaps you should just hold up the white flag on this one and move on. 

Ok, then we're assuming SI are putting as much effort in everything as humanly possible without any room for improvement.

And yes, I'm holding up the white flag because I feel we're entering fanboy territory now.

19 minutes ago, Prej said:

Ok, then we're assuming SI are putting as much effort in everything as humanly possible without any room for improvement.

And yes, I'm holding up the white flag because I feel we're entering fanboy territory now.

No no, no fanboy here.

In fact if you take a moment to look at others threads you'll see that i've take my share in poiting out things i don't like in the game.

I was just correcting you, when you said that FM is a "niche" product, when, by the sales and playing hours, is not. Thats all. :thup:

Edited by Keyzer Soze

SI put a lot of effort making full FM playable as quickly as possible. I dont think anyone can deny that.

It's different story for FMT tho. I dont mean they dont put effort in but there's less resources to make it happen and this is understandable because it makes less money. (I assume)

I think everyone can also live with how it is as long as patches are released fairly quickly.

What they could improve a lot is communication about these things. It took a week for Miles to tweet something and thats basically all they've commented about this. And its the same story everytime. That's what's most disappointing here.

Edited by Seqw

1 minute ago, Keyzer Soze said:

No no, no fanboy here.

In fact if you take a moment to look at others threads you'll see that i've take my share in poiting out things i don't like in the game.

I was just correcting you, when you said that FM is a "niche" product, when, by the sales and playing hours, is not. Thats all. :thup:

I know, I wasn't pointing at your comment with the fanboy part. :thup: