The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

1 minute ago, DrPoods said:

Yeah I know the drill. I recall trying the Small to Big Challenge with Parma back in the day.

Now THAT was a demanding board!

Just remember to load extra players from Serie D  when you load the database, not sure what happens if you dont but would imagine you will have very few players

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Soviet said:

I need help with rules:

My club was taken over and the new board bought two players. I can't do anything about it, it's completely out of my hands - can't cancel it or anything. What do?

OK I made my own rule: I can use them, but I can't extend their contracts and I have to accept any transfer offers for them.

1 hour ago, DrPoods said:

Yeah. I tried it a few times with smaller nations and it just never stuck. That’s why I am considering a bigger league.

Not sure why I am considering Brazil. Probably just for “something different”. Issue is that, if I recall correctly, Brazilian seasons can end up being excruciatingly long.

Just an idea but if you want to try the English league then both Whitby and Matlock are good teams to start with!

3 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Sorry to hear that dude! :(

real sad :( started really good with 13 point of 15 , won in the cup, won the Reykjavik derby with 2-3 :( and got the youth intake preview ready to post here (golden generation , only wingers.. and i don't need wingers, i need goalkeepers :))

973b559c1c4da22dbe665f5b608353a2.png

Edited by OlivierL

24 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

real sad :( started really good with 13 point of 15 , won in the cup, won the Reykjavik derby with 2-3 :( and got the youth intake preview ready to post here (golden generation , only wingers.. and i don't need wingers, i need goalkeepers :))

973b559c1c4da22dbe665f5b608353a2.png

I always found that to be the issue in this challenge. Having a top flight squad with a 3rd division keeper can be depressing 😂

1 hour ago, Soviet said:

OK I made my own rule: I can use them, but I can't extend their contracts and I have to accept any transfer offers for them.

1 hour ago, schnauzer said:

Surely if your board brought them in and it wasn't anything to do with you then you should be able to use them like a normal player, no? @darren1983

I've not been around much these past few days so only just got the notification but they can't be used. The rules are clear that no signings can be made. If the board is signing for you those players will have to be sold and can't be used as they're against the rules. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, whizzkid said:

First time at attempting this challenge, Ive just took over South Shields in Vanarama North

Manager Profile

First Team Squad

U23s Squad

U18s Squad

Good luck, I'm surprised nobody else had taken them already as they've probably got the biggest squad and budget and best players of any playable English team!

Facilities etc. look really good so here's hoping you can get off to a good start :)

28433.png

Youth intake 2022

A pretty good intake, but I'm slightly worried about the personalities so I might change the my HoYD for next season.

mpNNTfA.png

This kid is a really good defender for this level and will be part of the main squad. Some of his mental stats are a bit on the low side, but that will come with age.

Woifw13.png

10 passing is rare at this level, so I hope to take advantage of it soon enough.

JCMmtr2.png

XaW - Íþróttafélagið Völsungur - 2022

28433.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So before the league started we lost our best striker due to me not noticing I gave him a minimum fee release clause. After this we struggled in our 4-5-1 formation, so I went into tactical investigation mode. Some poor results later I found something that worked. And I tweaked it and it worked even better. So I'm now using a counterattacking 5-3-2/3-5-2 wingback formation. I kind of threw everything at the wall and saw what stuck. Quite annoying, actually, since I have a lot of good wingers that might need retraining... How well did it work? Well, the rest of the 15 games of the season we conceded a total of 2 goals!

IT4EAST.png

Now, this of course shoot us up the table, and in fact got us promoted! So we are playing in the top tier next season! Quite surprisingly, and I really hope my tactic keeps working, otherwise we will come crashing down again.

In the Deildabikar we finished in 2nd place in a group containing Breiðablik, KA, Selfoss, HK and Grótta to progress before losing to Afturelding in the quarter final. In the Bikarkneppni karla we beat Reynir S before losing to Grindavík on pens in the 3rd round.

The leading players this season have been Aðalsteinn Jóhann FriðrikssonElvar Baldvinsson and Tómas Ingólfsson 20i (He scored another 5 goals this season).

b5kXmxZ.png

IJsselmeervogels_logo.png

I forgot all about my official screenshot starting post :rolleyes:

Ben Talbott is the new manager of newly promoted Ijsselmeervogels!  The amateur side has now turned pro and face the daunting task of quickly getting themselves competitive against 19 other fully established professional teams.

StartingProfile.thumb.PNG.e42f1bbedfd48d7db69578e14b72dd86.PNG

Finances are great
Projections are awesome (we have zero wage bill to start with and TV money coming in....)
Starting squad looks workable, but old (my first game starting 442 ages are; 22, 29, 27, 31, 30, 28, 29, 27, 21, 32, 31)
Stadium is decent for our level
Facilities are not good;
 * Training - Poor
 * Youth Training - Poor
 * Youth Recruitment - Basic
 * Academy Coaching - Fairly Basic

The hope is for a slow and steady building up of the club in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie, before the vipers nest of the Eredivise and the big boys....
A couple of years fighting relegation
A couple of years mid-table
A couple of years top half
A couple of years challenging for promotion

Due to the ages of a number of the first team, youth team promotions may happen early if possible.  There are 3 youth recruits from the holiday seasons who have promise and have joined the first team squad.

Ijsselmeervogels is located in the village of Spakenburg, which has two football teams, ourselves and SV Spakenburg (they also appeared in the reloading for team selection!).  It would be awesome if they appeared down the road and our rivalry resumed!  We should try and get a San Siro thing going on, it is fair to say we are close neighbors! 

rivals.thumb.jpg.d061e78a8a23ccec85ed087921aebf4b.jpg

Edited by Braumiller
typo and facility info

Bit of a disappointing first intake puts a dampener on a great first season. However it has come too early to be positively impacted by this season's upgrades so if we can get one or two of them into the team next year that would be a success, and then I expect next year's intake to be better

1956956431_2019-11-27(7).thumb.png.e4a19d5984208facb039f18e47ed1311.png

Martin Turton probably has the best chance of making it and has some useful stats but needs a lot of work

1495511396_2019-11-27(8).thumb.png.6f0d12165940988970b03d77d3b106c0.png

Edited by schnauzer

1 hour ago, XaW said:

After this we struggled in our 4-5-1 formation, so I went into tactical investigation mode. Some poor results later I found something that worked. And I tweaked it and it worked even better. So I'm now using a counterattacking 5-3-2/3-5-2 wingback formation. I kind of threw everything at the wall and saw what stuck. Quite annoying, actually, since I have a lot of good wingers that might need retraining... How well did it work? Well, the rest of the 15 games of the season we conceded a total of 2 goals!

I used the same formation in our first season but as we got more wingers through I've moved away from it, might go back to it next season though. Something I've been thinking about.

good job @XaW , I hope to get promoted in the first 5 seasons :)

That arnarsson looks good!  I noticed your finances have dropped to now below '0' . at my game it's going fast now , because i had to give a new contract to one of my (backup !) players. he had 1k per month, he wanted 5.5k per month or he was gone at the end of the season (free transfer - holland). I only have 3 central defenders and already using two DMC's for two slots at the back so.. i kept him and took the risk ! My balance isn't happy.

Edited by OlivierL

6 hours ago, DrPoods said:

I always found that to be the issue in this challenge. Having a top flight squad with a 3rd division keeper can be depressing 😂

My goalkeeper just kept us in the Bikarkeppni , we won three times after penalties and he saved a few ! i hope i can posts my results tonight or on friday.

47053673.png.985ecb9b3346a8369f57322ad9e

Salisbury FC - Mid season update 2020/21

Just a brief update from me, as I am making slow progress. With a squad of 14 players, I have been incredibly lucky so far with injuries. Suspensions have been the biggest problem, one of my centre backs has 14 yellow cards already. We've just had our youth intake preview and the positives don't mention a good centre back, which is worrying. We are very light on defenders (4 in total).

We have been performing way above any expectations, including mine. I have been expecting us to crumble every week but it hasn't happened yet. I can't believe we will finish this high up the table, but safety is close to certain, so the mission for year one will be complete.

1WwLJx3.png?1

QXpnQt3.png?1

ZKWbaSC.png

S.S.D. Latina Calcio 1932

Season 4

On The Pitch

We got moved from Serie C Girone C to Serie C Girone B, which is much tougher. In Girone C for example we were one of the better physical teams, in Girone C we were one of the worst. And we started with 3 relegated teams from Serie B (only 1 in Girone C) and only 2 promoted teams (4 in Girone C).

So we were predicted 18th and survival was again the goal, which we did – but not without some struggling (especially finding a good new tactic for this season). Biggest problem: Everyone seems to be playing defensive. Scoring goals was so hard.

It looks like we are not really progressing, yet, but last time I did this challenge (in portugal) it took me 8 seasons to get promoted (and 23 to become champion). Baby steps...

Key Player

Fabio Fiori: We were really struggling to convert chances, but he did it enough: 16 goals in total, even top goalscorer of this (very defensive minded) league.

Off The Pitch

Even with the not very helpful finances section and the limited possibilities to do something I'll try always on FM to finishes seasons without a financial loss (except if there's money in the bank). I failed miserable in this part. I reduced the coaching stuff, parted ways with several players and reduced in my calculation the spending to a sum where they should match the income (or we should even earn some money. But for some reason (maybe because of many more popular teams in Girone B compared to C?) we had less tv games and 340k less tv money compared to all the seasons before. So we finished with 206k loss for the season. Will reduce the spending even more.

So no upgrade to our bad facilities, but I have the Continental A Licence now.

Not the best intake. Didn't sign that many, only 2 players are worth mentioning:

Angelo Polverini (04A): Another central defender, a position I need depth. Emanuele Esposito (03A) from last year's intake is a first team starter already. He's far from that. Bad determination is a problem and some other areas need to improve.

Vincenzo Radicetti (04B): Like in the season before a goalkeeper is the second best intake. Don't really need one again. Let's see how he'll progress.

Next Season

Hope we can get one or two additional youngsters first team ready and I would love to finish a little bit higher up the table. But the main goals is: reducing some more costs before our board needs to invest money. I want to keep this club financially stable by myself and without the “outside money fm trick”.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Playoffs Coppa Italia Coppa Italia di Serie C Europe Squad Key Player Best Goalscorer Intake Best New Prospect Team Of The Season Miscellaneous
2020/2021 Serie C Girone C 16th - - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Salvatore Ciulla Federico Cardella - 6 Intake Carlo Di Mambro (01A) 4-3-2-1 National C Licence
2021/2022 Serie C Girone C 9th 1st Round 1st Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Luigi Fontana Luigi Fontana - 13 Intake Alessandro Colella (02A) 4-4-2 National B Licence, National A Licence, Youth and training facilities upgraded, Youth recruitment upgraded
2022/2023 Serie C Girone C 12th - - Qtr Final - Squad Fabio Fiori Luigi Fontana - 15 Intake Emanuele Esposito (03A) 4-4-2 Continental C Licence, Continental B Licence
2023/2024 Serie C Girone B 15th - 2nd Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Fabio Fiori Fabio Fiori - 16 Intake Angelo Polverini (04A) 4-4-2 Continental A Licence

The Facilites
Year Training Data Analysis Youth Junior Youth R.
Start Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2021 Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2022 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2023 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2024 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - 2020 - youth intake

Preview :

795cc22c184916c03a42ce96056d9cef.png

Not what I was hoping for ! I need goalkeepers and defenders.

The intake :
770e6bcf58c77aae4d2db4336b6c18ed.png

Best prospects :

f4f44412ac99bb3f92dbf8a2a2290f64.png

cc6c4adf15dd0f38a93fb4c0ff6328ee.png

830f11a1f894d24aa6f5ae0fab1cc33f.png

fa6b2bae095c8a65ffac79c316aafaa9.png

A few others ( signed 12 players from this YT ) are going to get a contract and will be retrained from wingers to strikers (won't sign them all, need to be careful / balance).

Also got one bad goalkeeper from this YT.. he is welcome , no more grey GK on the bench.

Edited by OlivierL

791063318_StourbridgeFC_400px1.thumb.png.c4504a8fa02916a4142df9a88ac24079.png

Stourbridge FC - Season 2020/21 Review Vanarama National League North

League Performance - A brilliant first season meant, in which we started on fire but finished poorly meant that we just missed out on playoffs. For the first half of the season we were in the playoffs however we just didn't have the depth to sustain it, particularly as Aaron Lloyd stopped banging them in nearly as regularly after the festive period. We got upgrades to youth recruitment and junior coaching, and also spent £140k upgrading our youth training facilities. I expect that next season will be tougher and we will have to work hard to avoid the drop - particularly as someone will surely pick up our best player Chay Tilt on a tribunal fee, as he has been on a month-to-month contract all season and refuses to sign a new one :( Note: Stockport County relegated to Step 7, wow! :eek:

461845865_2019-11-27(11).thumb.png.4729e83bffe46def104323b8e05436f5.png

FA Cup -  A great run saw us pick up hundreds of thousands and reaching the 1st round proper, mostly due to match day fees from playing away at Derby County.

1950419636_2019-11-27(12).thumb.png.8e580bdaa190ce444a5372ba1dc21582.png

FA Trophy -  A poor performance, we lost in the 3rd qualifying round away to Farsley Celtic.

Squad - A real team effort with goals well shared, but we certainly depend on the quality of a certain few players. My top 3 players for the season were: 1. Chay Tilt If/when he leaves we are going to really struggle. Couple of big teams interested. So good on the ball and a class apart from the rest of my team. 2. Aaron Lloyd Scored 14 goals in his first 15 league games but then only finished on 21 league goals in total. Probably playing above ability level sadly. He is our only striker, so yeah... worrying. 3. Ashley Carter like Tilt, he's much better than the other players - but we've got him until at least 2023! Not that consistent though, but he's a very good CB for this level. Our captain.

1223497256_2019-11-27(13).thumb.png.b2824a1420cf5aa4609cf8df52b0ba5d.png

41592921_2019-11-27(14).thumb.png.c2ba41602d920c9623ba63639ab3e86c.png    1827142763_2019-11-27(15).thumb.png.a32a46bd8219d78479393fc9e01566f2.png   922540803_2019-11-27(16).thumb.png.4b3c424dd7fea53110aea9edf2a1b52f.png 

Youth Player of the Year - goes to Jack Platt. Platt was one of the newgens from the holiday season and is definitely our best youth player so far. Was pretty good this year in the AMC role when we played a 4-4-1-1.

980690533_2019-11-27(17).thumb.png.2af12885b729ac6209010be25c46836d.png

Transfers - No in and outs transfers wise.

1062842491_2019-11-27(18).thumb.png.a699e3967d7d1058d71a6050296d4ef5.png

Finances - Good at the moment but is likely to go south when the £140k from the youth training facilities is spent over the summer break. Our forecast has got a lot worse since it was announced that we'd groundshare Aggborough with Kidderminster, since our ground doesn't meet requirements (max capacity is 2000, must be at least 3000). I think this groundshare means that we loose out on ticket money, which is a real shame as we were getting crowds of nearly 900 last season.

319414301_2019-11-27(19).thumb.png.b184bea514ac10e97d31b06d3a8f3b68.png    367675359_2019-11-27(20).thumb.png.a6ebaa63f5e18f5cbcb5a9ae12807b9f.png

Up the Glassboys!

Career Progress

1461513088_Stourbridge2021.thumb.png.9eb4f4c54aecaee487e5ac59dad70cef.png

image.png.619b90ed244e6f15110717f4f1885fbb.png

2035/36 Putnok season review - Hungarian division II

The League

We were in the promotion spot going into the midseason break. Unfortunately when the season recommenced, we started with 3 losses and 2 draws which effectively ended our promotion chances. We eventually finished 5th.

We were knocked out in the third round of the cup 0-2 by Ferencváros. But this marked the first time we sold out our 5197 capacity stadium.

The Players

Ádám Varga YP28b broke the club league goal scoring record by taking his tally to 98.

The youth intake was overall poor, but there were two players of note. Lajos Takács YP36a was very highly rated by my staff and Sándor Mészáros YP36b is good enough to become our new first choice keeper.

Transfers

Unfortunately Gheorghe Toma refused to sign a second contract, so I cashed in on him for 2m.

I checked in on our record transfer out so far and he's doing very well for himself.

István Kun YP31a is now playing for Inter. He has 22 caps for Hungary, is valued at 28.5m and gets paid 105k pounds per week. All at the age of 21.

I feel I may have got a bit shortchanged for 5.25m.

Vikeologist's Palermo 2023/24 Youth Intake Report

Image result for palermo fc

In a way, the most interesting thing to me about the intake was that one of them, Agostino Alessandro Morabito YP4c, had a name so long I couldn’t add the YP tag without shortening it.

In terms of potential abilities, by far my most disappointing intake, but then again, the forecasts at intake time are hardly to be trusted.

My current first eleven includes two F tags and an H, though obviously players are tagged based on their predicted ability, rather than how clear their path to first team action is.

Spoiler alert, I’ve pretty much wrapped up promotion, so I can happily chuck young players in straight away if I think they’re the future of our planet, or at least of our club.

Anyway, let’s see who we have.

Fabio Puglisi YP4a – My DoF thinks he’s the best prospect. Mind you, he has a judging player potential of 7, so I’m taking it with a pinch of salt. He’s a central midfielder, and I was very thin on the ground there, so starlet or not, he’ll be getting some game time.

Francesco Paolo Lanzetta YP4b A left back, another position I’ll need at some point given that my starter is 32 years old, and I previously had no heir apparent to him.

A.A. Morabito YP4c – The previously mentioned mouthful. A striker, which I have an abundance of. Starts off 8th on the depth chart, and everybody above him is a teenager, but you never know.

I also like to take a look at intakes 3 after 3 years to see what happened to them.

Alfonso Marsiglione YP1a – Quickly became my star striker, but I had to sell him at the start of the season to a Serie B club where he hasn’t scored many goals. He actually didn’t score that many for us either.

Rino Rapisarda YP1b – When I decided to put my legacy goalie out to pasture at the start of the season, Rino was one of 3 kids with identical current and potential ability, and I gave him quite a few games, but in the end went with someone else. He may still emerge the victor, but is probably doomed to being a backup, and quite possibly the backup to the backup.

Gianluca Saurro YP1c – My backup central midfielder. Lots of matches, almost all as a sub.

Simone Calì YP1d – A right back, Became an absolute star. I sold him mid-season to Lazio, because they made an offer that I couldn’t refuse.

All in all, it really was a fantastic intake, but given that I’ve sold the 2 superstars, ended up being more financially helpful than anything else.

20191128102334_1.jpg

20191128105716_1.jpg

20191128102318_1.jpg

20191127131001_1.jpg

20191128095524_1.jpg

996313510_ScreenShot2019-11-28at8_52_50pm.png.e5495430ee3625f0378bac7dfe872ebc.png

AS OLYMPIAKOS VOLOU

Manager Profile | Club Information | Club HistoryFirst Team Squad | u19 Squad

Welp, I finally took the plunge. Taking on Greece this time which should be a nice change of page. It's a good league in my opinion as the standard of players is pretty good and the youth tend to be pretty decent in my experience (way back when).

At present they are only spending about 50% of the available budget for wages after I re-signed the expiring contracts. 

The squad is a decent size without too many super old stagers which is handy. Also, while the u19 team only has one player in it, I think that allows the chance to make something from nothing as it were. We are expected to "struggle against relegation" and the following 4 years of the 5 year plan are essentially for us to consolidate in the lower reaches of the Superleague 2. The league itself consists of 12 teams who play each other once home and away for a 22 game regular season. Following this the league splits in two with a relegation group and a championship group. The bottom two sides are relegated which one sincerely hopes we can avoid.

Tactically, we've played some friendlies with pretty pleasing results against overmatched competition. I set up a ton of friendlies as there is quite a long gap between the reset date (19 June) and the start of the league season (26 September). We are going to use this period to smash some minnows and build some confidence and familiarity with the system. I have rehashed an old strikerless tactic that I used a few versions ago (haven't played in a while) and I think it's going to work well. There are two variations. One is basically all out attack and the other is a counter style. Essentially the plan is to use the counter away and when we are at home to go all out to try and get two quick goals then switch to the counter. It helps that teams in Greece seem to think it's still 2004 and use a 5-3-2 or a 4-1-4-1 setup, sitting back and looking to counter. When the tactic is working it just gives them too much to deal with. Let's hope it works over a season.

But I reckon it's better to flame out hard than to play a rigidly defensive system and try and survive. That's not to say we'll play like Zdenek Zeman or anything!

Here it is in all it's glory...

1815275057_ScreenShot2019-11-28at11_26_42pm.thumb.png.d66f50ecf9a4bcf8f353d62c7a2e5068.png

"Wish me luck, I'll need it!"

And last but not least, we managed to get our hands on a coach who might be familiar to some of you... :lol:

387534882_ScreenShot2019-11-28at9_21_46pm.thumb.png.038464d739bcf0b72ef200402b9fa15b.png

Edited by DrPoods
Added team name!

The regen faces still look bad this year. Do you guys use them?

I messed up my first try with King's Langley, offering way too much primes to my players :p (almost my first line of expenses lol). I will restart with the Metropolitan Police F.C. This team is kind of unique, and i'm excited at the idea to bring them to the top. But this might be really complicated :D

20191128135843_1.thumb.jpg.d1b6bf4b6037556e43525331dbf27af4.jpg20191128135910_1.thumb.jpg.7d06d57cbe0424fe919f375c3eae564e.jpg

Yay 23 seasons tickets :D And youth recruitment limited.

28433.png

Youth intake 2023

We had a good intake, but by squad is getting better, so we are not getting all 5 star youngsters anymore. I didn't change my HoYD because no better were available, but I hope someone will be available soon.

nlG01LO.png

Eysteinn Heimisson 23d is another good right back. I have a couple of other good ones, so there will be a major battle for this spot.

8lKtABE.png

We actually have a bit of a lacking in defensive midfielder, so I'm thinking about getting Jóhann Friðriksson 23b trained into that position.

JhcgI6j.png

XaW - Íþróttafélagið Völsungur - 2023

28433.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So here we are, in the top tier of Icelandic football. Luckily, I don't think the difference in level is too big. Last year a 2nd tier club won the cup and qualified for Europe, and I've regularly meet them in the Deildabikar before the season starts so they are not a complete unknown for us. And the season started amazingly with 3 wins without even conceding a goal! We did get down to earth again after that, but we still kept picking up points on a regular basis. Towards the end of the season we were in a fight for the title, surprisingly. In the end though, Valur and HK got the better of us, but we kept Fylkir at bay to clinch the 3rd spot and qualification for the Europa Conference League! Not that Europa League, but the poorer one. Anyway, a stint in Europe for us next season!

In the Deildabikar we finished in 3rd in a group with Stjarnan, HK, Haukar, KA and Leiknir R, so we didn't go through. In the Bikarkneppni karla we beat Kórdrengir and Þróttur R. before losing to Vikingur R. in the quarter final.

The leading players this season have been Freyþór HarðarsonAðalsteinn Jóhann Friðriksson and Elvar Baldvinsson.

lMn7lU5.png

On 27/11/2019 at 14:22, Diego D10S said:

1443053926_PalermoLogo.thumb.jpg.9698fd8adfe04c64d7042684244bf928.jpg

2021 / 2022

League Table           Youth Intake       Transfer History

Season 2020 / 21 - 10th Serie C/C - Knocked out 1st round Promotion Playoff

Season 2021 / 22 - 5th Serie C / C - Knocked out 3rd round Promotion Playoff

Great progress this season but still have to fight really hard for the points. I've been really stubborn with my tactic as I feel it has alot of potential.

Expecting to take steps closer to the top teams next season as my squad now has depht and start to develop.

Youth intake was something special with Giorgio Talarico looking like a future star for any club.

My U18 finishing the season winning U18 Division 2 and U18 Super Cup beating Atlanta the winner of Division 1.

Was hoping I might get promoted with my U18 team but that didnt happen. 

GL All !!! :) 

20191127134758_1.thumb.jpg.81466a1af5ea812370f999e9f9fbe0d2.jpg

That kid looks great! hope i can get something like that currently in the beginning of season 1

JZB0NZb.png

TSV Havelse |  TableTransfers | Season 2020/21 (1st Season)

Board Expectations:

The board expectations were not really high as our main goal was to fight bravely against relegation. Based on the fact that our team was predicted to finish the bottom of the league I think that this was fair enough from them. At first, when I looked on the squad I was really gutted as we had the far worst team in the league with only few players capable of playing at this level. Luckily at least I got fairly young team and hopefully I will be able to stick to them for the years to come.

Season Review:

We started the season very slowly and we were bouncing up and down between the relegation places. At that time I was playing 4-4-2 as I supposed that it will fit the best to the squad. I was wrong as we were not creating enough chances for goals and, therefore, we didn't place a serious threat to our opponents. After the first third of the season I have changed the tactic to 4-1-4-1 to get more midfield stability and with DM to add some extra protection to our defense. It appeared that this was the best possible decision as we instantly started to play completely differently and soon we were out of the relegation places. During the rest of the season we never looked back anymore and we finished season really strong and at the end of the season, we were even in the battle for the play-off places for the 2. Bundesliga. In the end, we finished the season as the biggest overachiever in the league on the 4th place.

Unfortunately, everything isn't so bright as we are really struggling in the finance aspect. We finished every month with the loss of money and in the end, we have made it get from + 1 million € to - 100k € which is making me worry. And it will probably get even worse because I must extend contract to our best players otherwise I will have really small team to play with. Let's hope that we will get some money based on our good table position at the end of the season.

Our best player this season was striker Utku Kani. He netted 21 goals through the season and he played fairly constantly for the whole season. I see him as an integral part of my team for the future. Let's hope we can keep him.

Youth Intake:

The youth intake wasn't so bad if I look at our facilities and I got 3 good players (Ingo Rau, Jannes Granatowski, Max Franz) that have the potential to become the first team players in the future.

Max Franz started to play in the first team after joining our team and until the mid of the season he had 7 games and already 2 goals at his feet. Because of this, he started to receive some offers from bigger clubs in Germany and one of them was unfortunately accepted by the Board. So he moved to St. Pauli for the funny price as I think that we could be able to receive more for him. Nevertheless, it is what it is and we must go on without him.

Aim for next Season:

The aim is to stay in the league and improve our youth facilities if the finances will allow us to do so. I also want to give more playing time to some of our youngsters so they will be able to further develop and potentially attract clubs to sale them for some necessary money.

Edited by uroszila

5 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

And we drew our next game 0-0. Dorking win taking them out of our reach so we're down and I'm sacked. Again. This is hard this year. 

Welcome to the sack club. I'd say England is hard this year. I'm finding Iceland much easier.

1564098053logo.png

Right, I've had enough browsing now so I'm finally taking a jump into this! 

I've taken over Caledonian Braves in Scottish League Two. Formerly known as EduSport, they were actually founded with the aim of improving young French footballers in Scotland. And that's not the only quirk! In real life, they're essentially run by a community of over 800 people from 30 countries who actually named the club Caledonian Braves. We're only starting with 14 players, so survival is essential the first year and let us restock on players. Fully expecting to be involved in the relegation playoff at the end of the year!

4 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Hopefully @Scab's next update can instill us with confidence! We're rooting for you :D

At no risk of sacking at the moment, but doing a bit worse than last year. Sounds like I should be glad to still be in this at all. 😟

2 minutes ago, Scab said:

At no risk of sacking at the moment, but doing a bit worse than last year. Sounds like I should be glad to still be in this at all. 😟

Likewise for me, struggling more in my second season! I think that this attempt will be my last, so if it falls apart then I'll just have to watch vicariously as you guys soldier on.

I'd say my best feature as an FM player is my ability with transfers, so this has been a challenge - but a good one, and forced me to really think about tactics! I really want to keep going but I wouldn't be interested in playing outside of the English pyramid and I don't think I can face another attempt haha :lol: