Head of Youth Development

s0ni42

42 minutes ago, Verby said:

Obviously not everyone can get him, but hes mine. Professional personality too. I got him from Birmingham City.

Speakman.thumb.png.34486a95afcfe04eab4190e2ef7a335c.png

Looks good. Your image is cutoff, what are his tactical preferences?

Always, always Phil Cannon at any biggish club upwards and for last few years is unemployed at start. Also he used to work for Everton anyway.

image.thumb.jpeg.7a8ddf50b9b6c02c52aad36713e01b37.jpeg

I let him bring in the kids as well and he will always find you a gem or 2

Probably the best HOYD in the game is Porto's one, Armando Carneiro.

20 for Judging Potential and Ability, 18 for Working With Youngsters and 20 for Determination with a Driven Personality.

Plus, Favorite Formations are 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1.

2 horas atrás, PT-KK disse:

Probably the best HOYD in the game is Porto's one, Armando Carneiro.

20 for Judging Potential and Ability, 18 for Working With Youngsters and 20 for Determination with a Driven Personality.

Plus, Favorite Formations are 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1.

Armando Carneiro is not the HOYD of Porto

He may have joined that club in your save, thats for sure!

He left Benfica a couple years ago, to join MLS team Orlando City and since 2016 he is unemployed.

On 02/11/2018 at 23:17, KlaaZ said:

FYI, your HOYD has little to no impact on the quality of players that come through the youth system. He does have an impact on their personality and positions though. 

I think you misunderstood, you're talking about youth intake, and maybe I should have expressed myself better in that in the staff responsibilities I have him set to find and make offers for young players for the future and that;s where he will find the gems

4 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

I think you misunderstood, you're talking about youth intake, and maybe I should have expressed myself better in that in the staff responsibilities I have him set to find and make offers for young players for the future and that;s where he will find the gems

No worries, I got you just fine. My comment wasn't aimed at you but it felt like quite a few people here expected the HOYD to influence youth intake as well. Just wanted to make sure everyone understood that he has very little, if any, impact in that regard. :)

15 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

No worries, I got you just fine. My comment wasn't aimed at you but it felt like quite a few people here expected the HOYD to influence youth intake as well. Just wanted to make sure everyone understood that he has very little, if any, impact in that regard. :)

I always that his attributes influenced quality of youth intake? You mean if he has working with youngsters 12 or 20 it makes no difference?  

1 minute ago, crusadertsar said:

I always that his attributes influenced quality of youth intake? You mean if he has working with youngsters 12 or 20 it makes no difference?  

It's been confirmed in other threads that the influences for quality of youth intake are youth facilities (PA), junior coaching (CA), level of youth recruitment (which influences both PA and region I believe) and youth coaches (i.e. higher star youth coaching will improve the quality of your youth intake). The only thing the HOYD influences is the personality and positions of your youth intake.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:48, mhaffy said:

Bernhard Peters, model Professional and great stats is always my go to choice....

Absolutely agree and is IMO the best HOYD in the game bar none. Since I mainly play in Germany, he is my go to HOY. I tend to sign my HOY to the nation I am managing in at the time but like I say, this is mainly Germany so Bernhard is the perfect choice.

Starts unemployed now as it happens as left HSV. No better signing for free when it comes to staff.

7 hours ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Absolutely agree and is IMO the best HOYD in the game bar none. Since I mainly play in Germany, he is my go to HOY. I tend to sign my HOY to the nation I am managing in at the time but like I say, this is mainly Germany so Bernhard is the perfect choice.

Starts unemployed now as it happens as left HSV. No better signing for free when it comes to staff.

Personally I use him as an Assman and have been doing so for several years in FM. All of his attributes are otherworldly. The only downside to it is that he needs huge wages to be convinced to take the position, but if you're a big club it's manageable.

13 hours ago, mersk said:

Personally I use him as an Assman and have been doing so for several years in FM. All of his attributes are otherworldly. The only downside to it is that he needs huge wages to be convinced to take the position, but if you're a big club it's manageable.

Yeah, good shout, never really thought of him as an assistant tbh. Stefan Freund is my go to for assistant manager, another beast alongside Bernhard.

3 hours ago, Blubz said:

Does it matter if your HoYD is from overseas?

Say an english team but hiring Bernhard Peters/Roberto Samaden. Would it bring less english people? 

In the past I always try to stick to same nationality. 

Thanks. 

No. Different nationalities are affected by Feeder clubs - you'll get some foreign youth if you youth agreements with feeder clubs.

6 minutes ago, SirLukas said:

I cant find neither Paul McGuinness or Phil Cannon. Have used big database and all the english leagues on my save. Any idea?

I have it all loaded 300,00+ players. But if you select advanced option when setting up game and then regions UK & Ireland and tick add all players of nation, that always worked for me in past.

On 12/11/2018 at 05:40, Blubz said:

Does it matter if your HoYD is from overseas?

Say an english team but hiring Bernhard Peters/Roberto Samaden. Would it bring less english people? 

Doesn't matter and improves scouting knowledge too. And as if by chance here are some I have found whilst searching for scouts.

Spoiler

20181109164146_1.thumb.jpg.f1f2fa4417ab6bf52a28f2f77038232d.jpgHe will also do DoF

20181111224733_1.thumb.jpg.5e8528cb570c12cc7d80c79cf296883a.jpg

20181113200234_1.thumb.jpg.2e490494037b6091bc831833b57b6a45.jpgThis is my current one good stats not the best, but the world knowledge he has is awesome.

And don't forget Ariel Paolorossi posted above he's very good.

My go-to is Romuald Peiser, he's a model citizen and has been for the last few years. Sign him as a keeper, tell him he could be coach when he hangs up his boots, then offer him a job as head of youth. His stats are poor but model citizen is great for youth intake. 

2 minutes ago, Carlf788 said:

What does a HOYD even do? I have my director of football finding young players and then the youth team manager and coaches train them 

If you already delegate those roles to the other staffs then at least he can be yet another youth coach, only with a fancier title and works as sort of a work around to the coaching staff limit set by your Director/Chairman.

On 04/11/2018 at 14:00, KlaaZ said:

It's been confirmed in other threads that the influences for quality of youth intake are youth facilities (PA), junior coaching (CA), level of youth recruitment (which influences both PA and region I believe) and youth coaches (i.e. higher star youth coaching will improve the quality of your youth intake). The only thing the HOYD influences is the personality and positions of your youth intake.

It's also been confirmed in other threads that JPA/JPP and Working With Youngsters does have an influence on selected players in each youth intake (probably among the better ones) and that the HOYD influence on position spread is minimal.

It's actually quite annoying how many contradictory things FM like to confirm...

On 18/11/2018 at 15:01, bangkonggedek said:

Just happened to found Liam Brady, who theoretically should make a great HOYD. The thing is, he somehow has NO preferred staff role :idiot:

Not being able to offer Lieven Maesschalck a role as Sports Scientist is equally frustrating. There's an abundance of people with 20 Physiotherapy, but 20 Sports Science is rare.

AgvGJji.jpg

6bHUkdv.jpg

Archived