BBC or ITV? Where will you watch the Final?

CFuller

BBC or ITV? Where will you watch the Final?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which channel will you watch the Final on?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/18 at 15:59

bbcsport_ident1992a.jpg

itv_sport_1989a.jpg

We had a poll before the 2014 Final, which the BBC won overwhelmingly. Will things be different this year, or will ITV suffer another humiliation?

I've also included an 'Other' option for those of us who are based outside the UK or won't be watching the Final (why wouldn't you?).

I've gone for the BBC again this year. Though the corporation has dumbed down a lot over recent years, I would rather have Mowbray commentating on the Final than Tyldesley, who's probably still miserable after Wednesday.

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

Is Lawro on commentary? If so, ITV. 

Keown is on commentary.

I prefer the pundits in ITV studio (more for the banter as I think there's more intelligent analysis on the BBC) but can't be doing with the adverts, Red Clive and their sub-par presentation. Whomever decided to air those celebrity clips before the semi-final should be out of a job. So BBC again for me this year.

1 hour ago, Haguey said:

It would usually be no brainer BBC, but I kinda want to see Bilic in the studio on ITV whether they win or lose :D

I doubt Bilic will be in the studio as he wasn't for the semi-final because he wanted to be in the stadium.

BBC...ITV has definitely been better this time, but whenever there's a choice I always go BBC...always seems slicker and more professional and no adverts...ITV only pull it back a bit because of Neville and Bilic, but the rest of their offering as a package is a bit bland.

29 minutes ago, The Rebel MC said:

BBC...ITV has definitely been better this time, but whenever there's a choice I always go BBC...always seems slicker and more professional and no adverts...ITV only pull it back a bit because of Neville and Bilic, but the rest of their offering as a package is a bit bland.

Neville's cultivated a decent reputation for himself as a pundit over the last few years on Sky Sports but imho he's been pretty poor for ITV in this tournament. He's far too emotional and biased when talking about England which results in a lot of nonsense. Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess!) because England have held on so long in this tournament we been subjected to quite a lot of that nonsense. 

25 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Neville's cultivated a decent reputation for himself as a pundit over the last few years on Sky Sports but imho he's been pretty poor for ITV in this tournament. He's far too emotional and biased when talking about England which results in a lot of nonsense. Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess!) because England have held on so long in this tournament we been subjected to quite a lot of that nonsense. 

Would still prefer Neville over caricature Roy Keane

The majority seem to be saying they either prefer ITV or it has improved yet not one person has voted ITV in the poll :lol:

BBC for me without a doubt, also agree with Weezer with regards to Gary Neville on ITV.

Watched the whole game on ITV in my mates house, then at the end someone asked why we didn't watch it on BBC. Didn't even consider what channel we were watching it on, I would always choose BBC due to no ads, and I like Lineker a lot. 

Archived