Jump to content

Group G: England v Panama (1300BST)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda glad they scored, gives England something to work on and not swan around like theyre all Billy big balls because they thrashed Panama. 

Edited by Bliss Seeker
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

People forgetting Belgium were dodgy at the back as well yet somehow we have "no chance".

Yeah the goals they let in vs Tunisia were really sloppy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ToMexico!! said:

Don't understand why we have taken the foot off the gas in this second half. We should be doing what we did in the first half, really ramping up the GD. 

Expending a whole load of energy in 30 degree heat and running a bigger risk of getting injured?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Goal difference is +6 for both top teams now. Goals scored and conceded equal as well. Would be interesting if it ended up as a draw against Belgium now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

England's offensive plan looks very good, even though you played against two terrible teams, ideas and mechanisms are clearly visible.

Defense on the other hand looks like a horror show in the making, at least to me.

If you get for example Senegal in the first knockout round, it would be a very entertaining game.

Same goes for Belgium.

Edited by GunmaN1905
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why but England seem to either run out or ideas, gas or both in the 2nd half of games. Come out of the blocks quick but you have to worry if we don't score an early goal against a more competent side than this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redshift said:

Goal difference is +6 for both top teams now. Goals scored and conceded equal as well. Would be interesting if it ended up as a draw against Belgium now.

As it stands England have one less booking so top the group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Don't understand why we have taken the foot off the gas in this second half. We should be doing what we did in the first half, really ramping up the GD. 

Game management innit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

As it stands England have one less booking so top the group.

Yeah you beat me to it. :D Imagine if both teams try and get yellows cards on purpose to get a favourable draw. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weezer said:

Not sure why but England seem to either run out or ideas, gas or both in the 2nd half of games. Come out of the blocks quick but you have to worry if we don't score an early goal against a more competent side than this.

Are you serious? 

We were 5-0 up. I'd be worried if we actually needed a goal but we clearly don't so not surprised the players are saving energy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Are you serious? 

We were 5-0 up. I'd be worried if we actually needed a goal but we clearly don't so not surprised the players are saving energy.

Nigeria? Tunisia?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...