Group G: England v Panama (1300BST)

Rob1981

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ToMexico!! said:

Don't understand why we have taken the foot off the gas in this second half. We should be doing what we did in the first half, really ramping up the GD. 

Expending a whole load of energy in 30 degree heat and running a bigger risk of getting injured?

England's offensive plan looks very good, even though you played against two terrible teams, ideas and mechanisms are clearly visible.

Defense on the other hand looks like a horror show in the making, at least to me.

If you get for example Senegal in the first knockout round, it would be a very entertaining game.

Same goes for Belgium.

Not sure why but England seem to either run out or ideas, gas or both in the 2nd half of games. Come out of the blocks quick but you have to worry if we don't score an early goal against a more competent side than this.

Just now, Redshift said:

Goal difference is +6 for both top teams now. Goals scored and conceded equal as well. Would be interesting if it ended up as a draw against Belgium now.

As it stands England have one less booking so top the group.

2 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Don't understand why we have taken the foot off the gas in this second half. We should be doing what we did in the first half, really ramping up the GD. 

Game management innit.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

As it stands England have one less booking so top the group.

Yeah you beat me to it. :D Imagine if both teams try and get yellows cards on purpose to get a favourable draw. :D

Just now, Weezer said:

Not sure why but England seem to either run out or ideas, gas or both in the 2nd half of games. Come out of the blocks quick but you have to worry if we don't score an early goal against a more competent side than this.

Are you serious? 

We were 5-0 up. I'd be worried if we actually needed a goal but we clearly don't so not surprised the players are saving energy.

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Are you serious? 

We were 5-0 up. I'd be worried if we actually needed a goal but we clearly don't so not surprised the players are saving energy.

Nigeria? Tunisia?

Just now, Weezer said:

Nigeria? Tunisia?

Nigeria was an exercise in game management in a friendly.

Tunisia I can agree with to an extent.

No idea why you'd be even slightly concerned about this second half which has basically been a 45 minute light jog with the odd kick of a ball.

Archived