Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You had to move some of your wage budget to cover the signing on and agent fees, but it was usually an insignificant amount and you could easily afford it.

Nope, never had to.

Although usually I wasn't paying any signing-on fees. Maybe some agent fees.

I think something like 2 to 4 updates per season is the easiest to read without going into insane detail and still maintain regular interest. However I personally can't be arsed anymore to stop playing for screenies and writing all that often so I do it per season.

Just do it as you prefer, really.

Monthly isn't bad, between that and every half-season is probably the best I feel in terms of balance though people have different preferences. I do it every few months or so depending on FM sessions and match schedules, usually Oct/Dec/Feb or March as my 'middle' of season update along with end of season and Pre-season.

It depends how long it takes to play a season for me. It takes me anything up to a fortnight to play mine, so a monthly update means my thread stays active. If I could fly through in a few days I might change my update style, but that's just not realistic for me now.

Same here. My Thisted save started out with individual updates for each match, but I am switching to monthly for the second season to make a little more progress - obviously writing up the actual updates takes time as well...

It depends how long it takes to play a season for me. It takes me anything up to a fortnight to play mine, so a monthly update means my thread stays active. If I could fly through in a few days I might change my update style, but that's just not realistic for me now.

Yep, same here. I usually have so many leagues loaded onto my laptop that it can take a good 4 hours to get through one month.

Currently stuck for ideas on what to do to. I'm not feeling the love for my youth save at the minute and I'm not sure what I want to do.

Why not a career game? Start as Sunday League rep, no qualifications and either a bottom tier team or unemployed. Doesn't have to be England. Swedish fourth tier is always fun. :D

Why not a career game? Start as Sunday League rep, no qualifications and either a bottom tier team or unemployed. Doesn't have to be England. Swedish fourth tier is always fun. :D

I really do struggle to find the motivation to manage abroad. But I am considering loading up a number of leagues and seeing where it could take me. Would love to one day reach the top. Not sure.

I really do struggle to find the motivation to manage abroad. But I am considering loading up a number of leagues and seeing where it could take me. Would love to one day reach the top. Not sure.

I love these career games. Absolutely love them. :D

Holland & Germany are particularly good due to no restrictions on who you can sign. If your scouts find a sixteen year old Ivorian wonderkid, you can sign him.

I've always struggled tbh. The best one I started was back on FM11 where I started in South Korea. I got off to a poor start but kept my job and built a good side with some British coaches coming over. I signed a new contract and I thought all was going swimmingly. Then at the end of the season I was released. I'd been hit by a bug which didn't recognise me signing the new contract. One of my coaches took over and promptly took the side I'd assembled to top of the league.

I'll try and see if I can find the thread.

I think my Scotland save has rekindled my love of FM. Helps that FM16 seems to be the most stable release they've ever done, but the ME is producing some wonderfully exciting games. Also probably helps that in international football, every game matters.

I haven't seen any reason to get the game for release day. Might get it later if it pops up in a Steam sale.

I mean I *could* get it earlier, as I'll probably download a demo (assuming one is released)

That said, I'm going on a week's holiday to visit family the week after Release Day, so I would have bought the game, downloaded it, played it for a week, then have to shelve it for a week. :D

Anyone else seen this interesting challenge? It's certainly something new to try! :phttp://loi.cabinteelyfc.ie/football-manager-competition/

If there was any chance of taking advantage of the prize :p

I suppose it might actually be a good one to try and then donate the prize to someone if you're that way inclined. Is it not widely open to the unscrupulous though?

I fully intended to start with Create-a-club but think I will put that on hold for now as I'm still enjoying my game on FMC15.

So on FMT16 I will go with a Journeyman Career game for now, just need to sort out my manager and starting club, will either start unemployed or click the pick a team option and see what that throws at me.

Long time no talk.

Need a club for a new FMCU. I want to do something similar to my Union Berlin save last season where the idea was about taking over a side in a big city but they're the smaller team from that city... would prefer to start in a second tier (third maybe if England, but depends).

Any thoughts? Only two I can think of are Paris FC and 1860 Munich. Both somewhat appealing.

If you want to do something much more obscure and much harder, here's a team I found out about recently... Inter Bratislava. The poor relatives of the much more competitive Slovan Bratislava. They're on the third tier so you need to holiday and hope they go up, hence also eligible for the Gundo Challenge.

Cracovia in Poland, great history but in the recent years they've fallen behind their arch rivals Wisła Kraków and for a couple of seasons even become a yo-yo club between the top two tiers. Kraków used to be the capital of Poland and now it's the second biggest city in the country. Also, the derby is one of the wildest and most violent in Europe.

Being Yeovil on FM14 iirc was one of my best ever saves. It's a shame I ruined it. It seems that they have 10? injuries to key players on this FM and most are long term. That's even worse than Forest. I've tried to be Forest, got to the end of November and we were playing really bad so I packed in. I still have the save though. Tried to be Accrington but we were bad in that save. Gone back to being Forest but on a new save with a different formation in mind. Maybe I'm just poor at FM :D.

Need something to spark my interest in FM. Tried being Forest, twice. But we're that bad that I can't do anything. Tried Accrington but again it doesn't interest me.

I like a particular formation, 4-3-2-1 with wingers and playing a defensive, direct style of football but just not sure. Would love a career save but started up two and lost interest. Maybe I should try England to start off with.

Archived