Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

Does anyone else use Imgur?

I'm not sure if I'm being thick, but has it changed recently?

I just tried to upload a load of images but ended up creating an album where I couldn't get multiple links. I had to open each image one at a time to copy the links, took me ages!

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else use Imgur?

I'm not sure if I'm being thick, but has it changed recently?

I just tried to upload a load of images but ended up creating an album where I couldn't get multiple links. I had to open each image one at a time to copy the links, took me ages!

Same here. I saw it yesterday when trying to upload my images. The old format made it far easier to copy links. Not sure why they changed it.

Same here. I saw it yesterday when trying to upload my images. The old format made it far easier to copy links. Not sure why they changed it.

Let me know if you find a way around it.

All I really want is one page where I have access to all the direct links to the images at once.

Having a cracking time on my little journeyman save despite having to go back to Stalybridge Celtic after the save corrupted.

Had a poor 2nd season at Stalybridge, at one point though I was 13 points clear at the top of the table, but then a ridiculous run with only 2 wins from January till the end of April meant that we missed out on the play-offs, finishing 10th in the table and me - narrowly - keeping my job.

3rd Season at Stalybridge was much more impressive, eventually winning the title on the final game of the season beating Alfreton (who pushed us all the way). Tom Peers and Jabo Ibehre were my top scorers.

So Season 4 started with a massive 5-0 thrashing of Wrexham at home (on loan Chester-born striker Tom Peers bagging a hat-trick in the rout). At November we were flying high in 4th spot, but a slight gap forming between us, Bristol Rovers in 2nd, and Lincoln City - who were top.

Then, without applying for the position - Blackpool (sitting in 22nd place in League One) offered me a job intervew. I went, seemed to impress, and was offered the position - they appeared to be impressed by my work bringing the kids through the ranks at Stalybridge.

So despite not taking any coaching badges yet (U.C.D. wouldn't pay, and neither would Stalybridge), I've managed to work my way up from an awful stint at U.C.D in the Republic of Ireland to Blackpool in League One!

Blackpool are struggling financially however, ÂŁ1.2m in the red, around ÂŁ3.5k p/w over the playing budget (ÂŁ32k p/w overall). As a first 11 goes - it's not bad. But as soon as injuries start to mount up - which I suspect they will at some point - then all I have are kids - and no real talented one's at that either.

Hmmm, scratching my head a little over this at the moment. Has anyone had a similar issue as this?

Still at Blackpool just started the new season (2019/20), yet the board are still unwilling to let me take my coaching badges. At both U.C.D and Stalybridge it was pretty much explainable due to lack of prestige and finances that neither club could or would pay for me to do it, yet at Blackpool we're top of League One, yes we have a small debt of around 100k (but this should be cleared in the next month) - yet the board are seemingly willing to part with their cash to sign backroom staff instead?

So I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment, should I keep pestering the board every month or so to let me take my badges? Wait until the finances are back in the black again? Or look to jump ship to a club that might just let me do it? I'm assuming that to manage in the top flight, I will need to obtain the Pro-Continental License?

Hmmm, scratching my head a little over this at the moment. Has anyone had a similar issue as this?

Still at Blackpool just started the new season (2019/20), yet the board are still unwilling to let me take my coaching badges. At both U.C.D and Stalybridge it was pretty much explainable due to lack of prestige and finances that neither club could or would pay for me to do it, yet at Blackpool we're top of League One, yes we have a small debt of around 100k (but this should be cleared in the next month) - yet the board are seemingly willing to part with their cash to sign backroom staff instead?

So I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment, should I keep pestering the board every month or so to let me take my badges? Wait until the finances are back in the black again? Or look to jump ship to a club that might just let me do it? I'm assuming that to manage in the top flight, I will need to obtain the Pro-Continental License?

I don't think you do. Pretty sure I've made no attempt to do any badges, and I was offered the Man Utd job. They don't work the same way they do in real life - they're just to boost your stats and make you more employable. I guess it mirrors real life nicely - qualifications are all well and good but experience is what counts.

I guess it mirrors real life nicely - qualifications are all well and good but experience is what counts.

Agree - but surely you need the highest license to be allowed to manage in the Premier League IRL? I know you do in the Danish Superliga...

Agree - but surely you need the highest license to be allowed to manage in the Premier League IRL? I know you do in the Danish Superliga...
In real life you do, in FM you don't.

What he said. My real life mirroring comment was more about general life, rather than football in particular.

Cheers lads, funny that. With FM attempting to do it's level best to simulate football management, you would think that you wouldn't be able to manage a top flight club unless you obtain the Pro-License/Start with the Pro-License as per the rules.

No need to worry about obtaining my badges just yet then!

Managed to get my Macclesfield Town save off my other laptop yesterday so got back into that. I left it as we were sitting 4th in the league coming towards the end of October. Just got into January and the month of December was good as we went 6 games unbeaten in all comps with conceding. Then we decided that as we'd caught Gateshead nearly that we'd let them off as we lost two games narrowly 1-0. I have a feeling that was due to squad tiredness and not being able to rotate as much as I'd like. I've used the loan market stupidly but I don't care. But having got to January we've just beat Woking to go top. However, Gateshead have two games in hand and they are 2 points behind iirc. Just nabbed James Gray, Magnus Okuonghae, Tom Eaves and Neil Austin on loans for the rest of the season. It means I have about 14 players on loan now. If we can finish in the play-offs I'll be happy.

Still well into my journeyman career at the moment, and loving it. Took Blackpool back into the Championship as League One runners up (behind Blackburn) and then (and suprisingly I might add) Poland offered me the role of National team coach. Very interesting and at a complete tangent to what I was expecting. Blackpool, despite being back in the Championship were struggling to attract the players I believed were necessary to give me the success I need. But Poland on the other hand, are a nation that were - for some reason - struggling at International level, sat in the Nations Cup Division D, in a group with Moldova, Leichenstein, and San Marino. Or in other words - cannon fodder.

So, rather than do 2 jobs, I've tendered my resignation from Blackpool and joined Poland. Pretty much breezed through the group winning every game so far with just a final fixture away to 2nd placed Moldova.

One thing I have noticed is the national pool does not have much strength, therefore I have added the Polish league to the database, hopefully this will expand the players I have at my disposal, and help bring through some of the younger talent in what is otherwise a pretty ageing national team.

I wasn't sure if this was the proper thread for a post like this one, but I thought it would belong here better than in the Careers Forum itself.

I have a few ideas for a FM career, all of which are appealing to me for one reason or another. I'll probably end up pursuing all of them, but I plan on writing about one of them for the FMCU forum. I'd like to pick something that other people would find particularly fun to read about.

Here are my ideas:

1. A lower-level English save, possibly a long way down the pyramid. I'm under no illusions about being able to take them to Europe, so it would probably be a tale of long years in the smaller leagues of England.
  2. A lower-level Irish save, set in the town of Killorglin. My family and I visited there two years ago, and I think it would be fun to manage there.
  3. A lower-level Italian save. I downloaded a database, made by Sangue Blu, that includes 11 levels of Italian football. I'd take a team in one of the lower divisions and see where it led.
  4. A lower-level save in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland. Again, Sangue Blu's database will make it possible to go a long way down the pyramid.
  5. FC Santa Claus, in Finland. That just seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Any suggestions you could offer would be much appreciated. As I said, I'd enjoy any of them.

Thanks in advance!

I'd say that all of them would be interesting. I'd go with what interests you the most though. There's no point in trying to get people to like your save and be interested in it. What I have noticed though, over the years is the more you enjoy your save, the more you'll be inclined to update it and the more people will show an interest. Even if they don't post.

I've had many a save throughout the FM years and unfortunately I've never really stuck with any of them apart from my Indonesian save. Most get logged in here but eventually I get bored.

Edit: I see you've put that you'd enjoy any of them. I'd still go with what you feel more comfortable with. Personally for me it would be an English lower league save if you're asking for an opinion.

To echo NF, the more you enjoy your save, the greater the interest will be on here.

Personally I tend to avoid most threads from England (or at least those that start there) so I'd vote for one of the others, but my advice would be to pick a league you think you'll enjoy, and just run with it.

Thanks for the replies. I almost always manage in England when I play FM, and that's the biggest reason why I'd do it again (it's familiar) and also the biggest reason why I might look elsewhere this time (it might be fun for a change).

Right now I think I'd lean away from an English save, simply because I think I'll enjoy exploring another corner of the European football world for a while.

I agree with withnail that you should pick what you feel like doing the most, because the best way to create an interesting FMCU thread is to play the save you want to be playing.

However, since you asked for our opinions, I'd personally like to see a "Germanic" career... :)

With some help from my 11-year-old son, who's just begun to show interest in Football Manager, I've made my choice. I'm going to take my (meagre) talents to the Ring of Kerry, and see how I fare in Killorglin.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'll hopefully be starting my career thread tomorrow.

Hey people!

Just a quick question: is there a save-game compatible "fix" for the generic non-licensed Competition/Team (eg, Champs League, Bundeslia, Schalke 04 etc...) names? Similarly, is there a "fix" for the German, Japanese and Korean national teams?

I don't want to restart my career, as things are going well, and I'm enjoying the story, but at the same time the 'false' names are starting to bug me more and more, and if there's a way that I can apply a fix that will work for my save game, I'd be delighted.

I did a quick google search, but most of the db fixes that are save-game compatible don't appear to work for the 'latest' patch.

Am I the only one who finds it tedious playing dead rubber matches at the end of a league season? I find winning the league on game 35 or so leaves me with 3 dull matches, often against a side that's finished a nondescript 12th or similar.

Am I the only one who finds it tedious playing dead rubber matches at the end of a league season? I find winning the league on game 35 or so leaves me with 3 dull matches, often against a side that's finished a nondescript 12th or similar.

If I'm in that situation, I generally use it to take a look at some of my hot prospects.

Anyone knows if it's safe to add/remove leagues in FM15? On the official database without additional league mods. I'm thinking of adding a few nations I didn't select at the beginning of my career, but I'm a little wary as in previous FMs this was an unstable option that at best wouldn't simulate the league's "missing years" very well, and at worst could corrupt your game.

If I'm in that situation, I generally use it to take a look at some of my hot prospects.

Same, but I just find it dull. I also don't play friendlies at the start of the season - I let the AssMan do them.

Anyone knows if it's safe to add/remove leagues in FM15? On the official database without additional league mods. I'm thinking of adding a few nations I didn't select at the beginning of my career, but I'm a little wary as in previous FMs this was an unstable option that at best wouldn't simulate the league's "missing years" very well, and at worst could corrupt your game.

I have been doing this with one of my saves, started it when game was in beta and haven't had or noticed any issues.

Not quite sure about the part in bold though, not simulate it very well in what way?

I did this a lot in FM14 in a very long-term save that I am still playing.

As soon as I got another feeder club I would make their league playable after starting with just Italy. No problems at all and I'm in 2044.

I have been doing this with one of my saves, started it when game was in beta and haven't had or noticed any issues.

Not quite sure about the part in bold though, not simulate it very well in what way?

I haven't tried the feature myself but I remember back then when it was first launched (FM12?) that people complained that the players that were added to the game to fill up the clubs in the leagues you add weren't realistic.

I haven't tried the feature myself but I remember back then when it was first launched (FM12?) that people complained that the players that were added to the game to fill up the clubs in the leagues you add weren't realistic.

Yeah the problem with FM12 killed my game, not noticed anything negative myself in this version and I have used that feature more than I did previously.

How long until awards night? I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake for it if it's still 1.5-2 hours away.

Less than an hour away. I'm actually feeling pretty tired myself so just want to wake myself up a bit first then we'll get started

Hey folks, newbie/lurker here. I have been having a hard time starting a career, perhaps due to the fact that while I am a fan of the sport but don't hold any particular team dear to my heart. I live in Puerto Rico, so soccer here is a bit low priority (although Carmelo Anthony is trying to get a team going here, but that's for a future game).

Idea: I want to start a career using the USA World Class mod http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/395969-FM15-USA-World-Class-MLS-%288-levels%29, which gives the MLS 8 levels and does away with draft. The teams I had in mind are either the Puerto Rico Islanders (3rd level), Bayamon FC (4th level) or Sevilla FC/River Plate Fc (7th level).

Goal: Reach the top level (MLS Premier League) and win any titles along the way (there is a couple).

Questions: Would it be fair if I adjusted the Puerto Rico youth development from 90 to a higher value (obviously not to Brazil levels) to make them more competitive? [On par with the US, perhaps?]. If I posted a diary of what happens, would people be fine with I didn't mask attributes due to my newbieness, or do you prefer learn as I go?

I want to have fun, so that's my end goal, but not make it a walk in the park either.

Hey folks, newbie/lurker here. I have been having a hard time starting a career, perhaps due to the fact that while I am a fan of the sport but don't hold any particular team dear to my heart. I live in Puerto Rico, so soccer here is a bit low priority (although Carmelo Anthony is trying to get a team going here, but that's for a future game).

Idea: I want to start a career using the USA World Class mod http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/395969-FM15-USA-World-Class-MLS-%288-levels%29, which gives the MLS 8 levels and does away with draft. The teams I had in mind are either the Puerto Rico Islanders (3rd level), Bayamon FC (4th level) or Sevilla FC/River Plate Fc (7th level).

Goal: Reach the top level (MLS Premier League) and win any titles along the way (there is a couple).

Questions: Would it be fair if I adjusted the Puerto Rico youth development from 90 to a higher value (obviously not to Brazil levels) to make them more competitive? [On par with the US, perhaps?]. If I posted a diary of what happens, would people be fine with I didn't mask attributes due to my newbieness, or do you prefer learn as I go?

I want to have fun, so that's my end goal, but not make it a walk in the park either.

Don't worry about what other people think. Make whatever adjustments you need to to enjoy your save, and people will read.

Has anyone sorted out what save they'll be doing once FM16 comes along? I'm torn between 3 things currently:

• Re-doing the San Marino Youth Challenge.
  • Doing the every league challenge, but make it so I only need to win the top league and add in as many nations as the editor allows into the game.
  • Do a youth only save with a team from the 23rd tier of English football which looks to be developed over in the editors forum.

I had a few options running through my head a while ago but I was always going to settle for one thing. I'll be a return to my European Journeyman careers except without the top nations (England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Portugal), which will mean I'll spend a lot more times in the 'midding' nations I've loaded for ages but rarely managed in, if at all, as well as make for a far smaller database size while maintaining a pretty large and diverse gameworld.

It'll also be very different from what I've done before in that there will no longer be a desire (sometimes more like an impatient desperation) to rush to the top without taking too many seasons over it, especially since I'm not playing anywhere near as intensively as I was up to a couple of years ago and I won't have the pressure to fit anywhere as much in an FM year (less actually as I won't stop my Ipswich career straight away), as well as having a far wider range of options in general (though there'll still be a few nations/clubs noticably stronger than the rest) throughout.

Given fully loaded nations tend to have an advantage over the long-term, hopefully it'll also lead to a far narrower gap between clubs from the major leagues and the rest and a far more open continental scene. I'm actually going to holiday the early seasons while I finish off the Ipswich career so things should already be a little mixed up by the time I properly start it. Given a handful of seasons on FM14 are all I've played beyond FM13 it'll be interesting getting to grips with a few years worth of changes as well.

I won't be buying 16 as my laptop can sometimes struggle even with 13. I did buy 15 just to see what it was like, but a combination of being hugely into my 13 thread, having less time to play now I'm a dad and a slow machine meant that was a wasted purchase.

I'm currently playing a new save on 11 just so I can fly through it, and it should reinvigorate me to go back to my thread in a week or so.

For now I'll stick with my Thisted save on FM13 and maybe do some short-term saves on 16 just to familiarize myself with what's new. I never start a long-term save before the final patch is out anyway...

Just gone back to an old save on FM10 where Notts County 'had all that money'. Had two successive promotions in two seasons and currently fighting to get into the Championship play-offs. Spent some stupid money really on players who you'd think why :D.

I signed Beckham and Ronaldinho for my Notts team, and nicked Fernando Torres while he wasn't a joke too. As a Notts fan myself, that was one of my best ever saves.

Archived