Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering and I'll be as transparent as possible here, in this forum, would a youtube series be allowed as it's own thread in this forum. I'm currently running an Online Game with some other youtubers, and of course want to share my work. But if it's against forum rules then of course I will respect that and not post it.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering and I'll be as transparent as possible here, in this forum, would a youtube series be allowed as it's own thread in this forum. I'm currently running an Online Game with some other youtubers, and of course want to share my work. But if it's against forum rules then of course I will respect that and not post it.

That's definitely fine, we've had a bunch of them over the past few years :)

• 2 weeks later...
Wow. Board just rejected my request to go on a coaching course on the grounds "We fear that bettering yourself could lead to a bigger club coming in for your services."

:mad:

At least they're honest! Don't wear that dress dear. If you do, then you might shake out of that several year coma and realise you're out of my league...wait...don't go!?

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm on a run of desperate bad luck - just lost two matches 1-0 away after being the best team on the pitch, both goals from direct freekicks, in neither game did my team make a specially high number of fouls. So frustrating. I NEED to get promoted this season and every single point counts.

• 2 weeks later...

In case you guys haven't seen over on GD, a youtube FMer has started a series where his girlfriend has a go at the game. There have only been 2 episodes so far but hopefully it'll continue for a while. Here is the link to the first video...

No ;)

(especially as it won't be good for Ipswich I'm sure)

It wasn't too bad for them as we wasted an effort and had a goal ruled out for offside.

XUpG0j4.jpg

o5e7Mwj.jpg

Not a good performance from us on a fan day though.

I have a relatively ambitious challenge in mind, but wanted to work the kinks with you guys.

I want to bring Puerto Rico to the top levels of soccer-dom.

1) Using the FM 15 USA World Class database, I can use a Puerto Rican team in a Pyramid system. It's not exactly San Marino-esque, but close.

2) Puerto Rico has around 5 teams, 1 of them is the only professional one, the others are semi or amateur. It also has a league, but you can't access it.

3) The team would be competing against teams from around the world in a Club World Championship-type of tournament (more info on the link provided)

--

Now, I can either:

1) Start as the 3rd level team (Islanders). Problem here is that most of your players will participate in the National Team, creating a rough schedule + unavailable players.

2) Start as the 5th level team (Bayamon FC). They are semi-pro, some might participate in Natl team. This might make the save extremely long term too.

3) Start as another team, watch from a distance as players appear and develop, then swoop in to try and represent either the Natl team or Islanders. Perhaps grab a couple of the younger players to develop in a better system.

What do you guys think?

1) Start as the 3rd level team (Islanders). Problem here is that most of your players will participate in the National Team, creating a rough schedule + unavailable players.

2) Start as the 5th level team (Bayamon FC). They are semi-pro, some might participate in Natl team. This might make the save extremely long term too.

3) Start as another team, watch from a distance as players appear and develop, then swoop in to try and represent either the Natl team or Islanders. Perhaps grab a couple of the younger players to develop in a better system.

Always nice to see a twist on the old San Marino-type challenge! Personally I would go for option no. 2.

Haven't been able to play/trust my laptop in a week now. Been repeatedly freezing up so completely that I have to do a hard reboot; finally broke down and took it to the repair shop Monday. :thdn:

And 2 weeks later I have it back, after they claim they couldn't find a problem. Connections were fine, no evidence of wear on the hard drive, no error messages, nothing.

Didn't freeze up on the first night back, so maybe it actually is resolved now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes FM can just frustrate you.

Managing in Malaysia (Short 22 match seasons) my captain, star DR gets injured in the first match of the season for three months.

No problem, check my shortlist, all the good players have been signed up except one 3.5* amateur. I make him an offer and days later he develops a hernia, out for two months :mad:

Now I'm left with a backup DR, a few youth players & a couple of 2* options for transfer :(

Archived