Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which nations are now easy to get quick work permits for foreign players in Europe? Got the option of choosing a feeder club but not sure which nations are good for picking now. Any ideas?

Look up nationalisation or naturalisation on Wikipedia/Google, I used to have a Wiki page bookmarked that showed how many years it takes. (Plus there is or used to be funny rules, like players from former Spanish colonies only taking 2 years rather than 5 in Spain)

What's the best imaging site to use to upload pictures? After months of trying to get into one I finally have a decent journeyman career going so will start a thread this week.

Photobucket is fine for me. Upload multiplate photos at once, they don't get taken down because it's in your account and album, multiple links with each pic including a direct link to put between img tags.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a tough time motivating myself to play at the moment. I thought I was over my blue screen in my Dundee United save, but I'm just not enjoying it.

Hoping to sort a new laptop soon and to finally move on from FM13, which I'm hoping should rejuvenate my FM mojo...

Is that in real life Kris, or in game?

Real life!

That's the problem being positioned where we are, right on the border of North or South. Corby have been relegated to the same level as Kettering but Kettering stay in the Southern Premier League while Corby have been placed in the Northern Premier League despite just 8 miles between the two.

Having a tough time motivating myself to play at the moment. I thought I was over my blue screen in my Dundee United save, but I'm just not enjoying it.

Hoping to sort a new laptop soon and to finally move on from FM13, which I'm hoping should rejuvenate my FM mojo...

Going from FM13 to FM16 or FM17 will be an enormous change.

It's a better game but it is also far more involved than it once was.

I've still never played a full FMC save though, (although if work gets any busier than I will have no choice). :(

Real life!

That's the problem being positioned where we are, right on the border of North or South. Corby have been relegated to the same level as Kettering but Kettering stay in the Southern Premier League while Corby have been placed in the Northern Premier League despite just 8 miles between the two.

I remember that in-game we had the same issue with Hitchin and ther clubs from that area, but that was at Conference North/South level. Didn't there used to be 3 leagues at that level?

I remember that in-game we had the same issue with Hitchin and ther clubs from that area, but that was at Conference North/South level. Didn't there used to be 3 leagues at that level?

Yeah there was.

The regionalized divisions work for sides that aren't based in Northamptonshire. Season just gone we had to trek to Petersfield but had a few more matches within an hour away. This time round it works out travelling will be enhanced by an average about 35 miles per match. Not too downhearted though - it means plenty of new grounds i've not been too and a few old teams from our Conference days like Northwich and Leek.

Just had a cracking Champions League tie with Bayern Munich.

It wasn't looking good at half time in the 2nd leg as we trailed 5-3 on aggregate.

FAhBvC.jpg

Great comeback but it doesn't beat a Champions League Semi-Final I had on my FM10 games with Stopsley.

On FM10 we were 5-0 down in the first leg and lost it 5-1, then won the second leg 5-0 to win 6-5 on aggregate.

Stopsley?

Yes, Don't tell me you have never heard of them.;)

Just about to play in the FA Cup Semi's.

ekkOao.jpg

Bit of a crazy schedule and that's without the first semi going to extra time and penalties.:lol:

You go to 'preferences' on the main game option list (the one where you see the options to save/load/quit/other stuff), then click on 'display and sound'. The top section is 'Window settings' and 'Display mode' is the first option where you select the size of the game screen, including one for 'windowed'.

Yeah there was.

The regionalized divisions work for sides that aren't based in Northamptonshire. Season just gone we had to trek to Petersfield but had a few more matches within an hour away. This time round it works out travelling will be enhanced by an average about 35 miles per match. Not too downhearted though - it means plenty of new grounds i've not been too and a few old teams from our Conference days like Northwich and Leek.

You're as likely to watch water polo as you are football if it's been raining in Leek.

You're as likely to watch water polo as you are football if it's been raining in Leek.

I'll take anything from Leek. Was once there in about 1999 and we were winning 1-0 with 3 minutes to go when the game gets abandoned because of some kind of chemical leak in the building opposite. We were holed up in the pub down the road for hours before being allowed to the coach.

Then the rearranged game, turned up at Diamonds to await the coach to take us to Leek. It never showed up. Two people in the supporters club thought each other had booked the coach and neither did. That led a convoy of cars to race to Leek, arrive at 7.40pm and the reward was a cracking 3-2 win.

Kris. You have to encourage me to go more next season. I'm not going to get back to Barnet that much so I might was well watch your lot. If I have to watch Irchester again, (even just once), I'm likely to think that I've got another season left in me. (I haven't had another season left in me for over a decade).

Kris. You have to encourage me to go more next season. I'm not going to get back to Barnet that much so I might was well watch your lot. If I have to watch Irchester again, (even just once), I'm likely to think that I've got another season left in me. (I haven't had another season left in me for over a decade).

:lol: I'll pass your details onto the guys at Irchy, you sound like you are in your prime.

With the new league we will be in there should be plenty of good home games, much more competitive than we are used too. There is no excuse not to get down there now - to sweeten the deal i'll suggest we sign an ex Barnet player!

I'll take anything from Leek. Was once there in about 1999 and we were winning 1-0 with 3 minutes to go when the game gets abandoned because of some kind of chemical leak in the building opposite. We were holed up in the pub down the road for hours before being allowed to the coach.

That was a fat bloke doing a massive poo.

• 2 weeks later...

dafuge, (or anyone else for that matter), how do you make posts like this?

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over in December
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists
2020/21    Hartlepool United    England    Vanarama National League          n/a            Took over in October, sacked in January
2020/21    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          6th            Took over in March
2021/22    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          1st            Promoted as champions
2022/23    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 2                  4th            Took over in March, promoted via playoffs
2023/24    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 1                  2nd            Promoted
2024/25    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              19th          
2025/26    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              16th
2026/27    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              8th
2027/28    Freamunde            Portugal   Segunda Liga                      3rd            Promoted
2028/29    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          5th            Took over in January
2029/30    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          6th           
2030/31    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          4th            Taça da Liga winners
2031/32    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          3rd            Taça da Liga and Taça de Portugal finalists
2032/33    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          1st            Taça da Liga finalists
2033/34    FC Eindhoven         Holland    Jupiler League                    6th            Took over in November
2034/35    FC Eindhoven         Holland    Jupiler League                    1st            Promoted as champions
2035/36    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        2nd            Took over in December
2036/37    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        1st           
2037/38    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        1st            KNVB Beker winners
2038/39    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           3rd            Took over in January
2039/40    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           2nd            Europa League winners
2040/41    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           2nd            Coupe de France winners
2041/42    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           1st            Coupe de la Ligue and Champions League winners
2042/43    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Champions League winners
2043/44    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup, Copa del Rey and Champions League winners
2044/45    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup winners, Copa del Rey finalists
2045/46    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Copa del Rey and Champions League winners
2046/47    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup, Copa del Rey and Champions League winners
2047/48    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup and Copa del Rey winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Copa del Rey and Champions League winners
2049/50    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup and Copa del Rey winners, Champions League finalists
2050/51    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Copa del Rey and Champions League winners
2051/52    Real Madrid          Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup, Copa del Rey and Champions League winners
2052/53    Bayern Munich        Germany    Bundesliga                        1st            
2053/54    Bayern Munich        Germany    Bundesliga                        1st            DFB-Pokal winners and Champions League finalists
2054/55    West Ham United      England    Barclays Premier League           4th            FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2055/56    West Ham United      England    Barclays Premier League           1st            FA Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57    Internazionale       Italy      Serie A TIM                       10th           Took over in November, Europa League winners
2057/58    Internazionale       Italy      Serie A TIM                       1st           
2058/59    FC Barcelona         Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Champions League winners
2059/60    FC Barcelona         Spain      Liga BBVA                         3rd            Copa del Rey and Champions League winners
2060/61    FC Barcelona         Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2061/62    FC Barcelona         Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Champions League winners
2062/63    FC Barcelona         Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            Club World Cup and Copa del Rey winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64    FC Barcelona         Spain      Liga BBVA                         1st            

I know you use

because I've quoted and edited your post, but I'm not sure what else you have to do to get everything aligned properly?

Thanks in advance.

So it's the

[code ] that aligns it all properly?

Sorry. I just don't get it.

Season a b c d e f g h i j k l
--------------------------------
1991 2 4 6 8 6 4 1 4 6 8 6 7
1992 4 6 7 8 7 6 5 4 5 3 5 7
1993 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
1994 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
1995 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
1996 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
1997 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
1998 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
1999 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
2000 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
2001 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8
2002 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8

So if I put the above grid into [code ] then.....

Season a b c d e f g h i j k l 
--------------------------------
1991 2 4 6 8 6 4 1 4 6 8 6 7
1992 4 6 7 8 7 6 5 4 5 3 5 7
1993 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
1994 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
1995 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
1996 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
1997 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
1998 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
1999 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
2000 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
2001 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8 
2002 4 6 7 8 0 0 0 8 8 8 8 8

So do I have to go in and edit the spaces to align it myself?

[Edit]

Because when I do, nothing happens. How do you get the even gas between the columns?

Wagwarn guys.

As I said in my Building Berlin thread, my laptop was goosed. Got it fixed (a month later! :D) but I've had to have a new HDD installed, which would've been fine but I hadn't saved my FM save to the cloud, so now I need a new save idea for a new thread.

Any thoughts?

Preferably playing in Europe, not averse to managing in a smaller country etc, but ideally I'd be managing in Germany again (just love managing there, tbh). Thinking 1860 but not sure.

I have not been as active as I would like to have been this year. Struggled to stick to a save and enjoy something.

Is it me or are these updates getting more and more lengthy. I miss the days of the LLM with no screenshots and very few lines of text. I am very tempted to start a thread using this principle but I feel it would get no interest and look at bit old school compared to this monthly updates. We are one or two seasons away from them being daily updates and turning more into FM Stories type threads. Anyway moan over maybe I am just a getting a bit old.

I have not been as active as I would like to have been this year. Struggled to stick to a save and enjoy something.

Is it me or are these updates getting more and more lengthy. I miss the days of the LLM with no screenshots and very few lines of text. I am very tempted to start a thread using this principle but I feel it would get no interest and look at bit old school compared to this monthly updates. We are one or two seasons away from them being daily updates and turning more into FM Stories type threads. Anyway moan over maybe I am just a getting a bit old.

I write as little as possible :D Update however you feel like, I'll be sure to follow. When I first joined here I loved seeing I think it was iajafer? and his really long career with very little in the way of writing and I found it great :)

I have just spotted where all the LMA lot went to. I am off to there to have a look. I think that may well be more my scene.

I enjoy the posts people do on here, I just don't know where they get the time to do them. I am hoping a small trip over there may rekindle my love for the game.

I always liked going with Munster or Union Berlin. Other good shout is Dredsen they have a decent amount of history behind them

Had a Union save on FM15, but ended up getting sacked then going on to have a great career with Torino. It'll be in this section somewhere, cba finding it though :D

Barely played my Airdrie save (the team I settled on). Laptop is still dodgy af and shuts down after an hour or two so I'm wary about loading FM as it seems to speed up the process, I think it's using all of my memory up and causing it to crash :/

Howdy. :)

Haven't been here in a while. Laptop never did get resolved. Generally it's fine as long as I don't move it (but then what's the point of a laptop :p), but I've kept going back to Crusader Kings 2. :D

Think I have less than 100 hours on this edition of FM (closing in on 900 hours with CK2 :D).

Hi Jason nice to see you back.

Following on from the other day and my comment above. What would peoples thoughts be on maybe creating a sticky for LLM threads or perhaps even a small subforum. Not sure why the other one closed down on here.

Archived