Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't use Gyazo so can't help there, but that's not how you format the picture. You need to put [ img] [/ img] around the link. Not [ img= ].

Works fine with your image:

b1f8e71a9f1a879e3f62aac915ccfc8c.png

I had to copy your link to notepad then put tags around it though. This gets rid of any formatting.

14 hours ago, withnail316 said:

This x 1,000. 

I hate this too, but the workaround is that when you don't want it to miss a line you just hold ctrl when you press enter and it just drops a single line like we want. 

Someone in here told me that the same day the forum swapped. (Dafuge or deltablue I think). (Thanks again whoever).

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I hate this too, but the workaround is that when you don't want it to miss a line you just hold ctrl when you press enter and it just drops a single line like we want. 

Someone in here told me that the same day the forum swapped. (Dafuge or deltablue I think). (Thanks again whoever).

Excellent, thanks!

It's a sort of 'like' button. I've already had it a few times and the notification refers to it as someone giving you reputation for a particular post. If a post gets enough likes then it's highlighted blue and gets a sort of star medal thingy in one corner, for example Miles' post in the 'Are we OK with SI launching a pre-order campaign with absolutely no details on new features?' thread in GD, which is only the second time I've seen it.

5 minutes ago, deltablue said:

It's a sort of 'like' button. I've already had it a few times and the notification refers to it as someone giving you reputation for a particular post. If a post gets enough likes then it's highlighted blue and gets a sort of star medal thingy in one corner, for example Miles' post in the 'Are we OK with SI launching a pre-order campaign with absolutely no details on new features?' thread in GD, which is only the second time I've seen it.

Oh cool.

I quite like that idea.

Can I suggest that we all "like" the deltablue post above this so that we can have a little look and see what happens as more and more people like it?

1 minute ago, deltablue said:

I wasn't going to announce it for at least another month, with similar timing to last year. It makes sense for me to do it again this time unless you want to take it over again.

No, no, I don't want to step on your toes dude. Last year's was excellent. I do miss it, but I'm not gonna muscle in. 

On 23/08/2016 at 06:22, dafuge said:

That's so the formatting on all the older posts remained. 

It's a bit of a pain, but you can avoid it by holding shift before pressing enter (not sure how on a mobile though).

Thanks dafuge
as it
clearly
works like you said. :)

53 minutes ago, deltablue said:

What changes?

For a start, guaranteed entry to the top 4 clubs of the top 4 leagues. That means fewer places for title winners elsewhere. 

Then more money to big clubs based on TV audiences, and alterations to coefficients of former winners. Essentially, there will be five berths in the group stage that clubs from 43 of UEFA's 55 nations can fight for. 

We're getting ever nearer to a closed shop.

It's not as big a step back as it could've been.  The Champions Route will likely stay unchanged, and that'll be the one that most FM challenges of that type will use.

It'll certainly make it more of a challenge in FM terms.  And it'll make it even more tedious in real life too.  Which is going some given how bad it's getting now.

The Champions route will become more congested, as there will be fewer champions automatically through. The changes in co-efficient also mean that we'll have to qualify over and over, rather than build enough co-efficient points to qualify automatically over a period of time.

4 hours ago, withnail316 said:

For a start, guaranteed entry to the top 4 clubs of the top 4 leagues. That means fewer places for title winners elsewhere. 

Then more money to big clubs based on TV audiences, and alterations to coefficients of former winners. Essentially, there will be five berths in the group stage that clubs from 43 of UEFA's 55 nations can fight for. 

This is awful news. When did this happen?

On 8/26/2016 at 11:21, withnail316 said:

I loathe the idea of teams qualifying on 'historical merit'. So when Liverpool finish 8th and West Ham finish 4th, West Ham will be bumped off for Liverpool.

Also, I think this is the way they're trying to head off a European Super League (Which will be a disaster)

7 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I loathe the idea of teams qualifying on 'historical merit'. So when Liverpool finish 8th and West Ham finish 4th, West Ham will be bumped off for Liverpool.

Also, I think this is the way they're trying to head off a European Super League (Which will be a disaster)

Not quite going to be as bad as that, but that is the next stage. I want UEFA to call their bluff - just let them go. We're talking about a group of about 10 clubs. Go play your little super league, we'll see how interesting it is when you play each other four times a year. 

I'm bored just thinking about it.

Just now, withnail316 said:

Not quite going to be as bad as that, but that is the next stage. I want UEFA to call their bluff - just let them go. We're talking about a group of about 10 clubs. Go play your little super league, we'll see how interesting it is when you play each other four times a year. 

I'm bored just thinking about it.

Absolutely. Who gives a crap about watching Arsenal vs PSG/Barca/Madrid? I'm not even bothered about the CL these days. I'll watch FC Rostov and Leicester, but the usual stuff is boooooring.

Just now, Deisler26 said:

Absolutely. Who gives a crap about watching Arsenal vs PSG/Barca/Madrid? I'm not even bothered about the CL these days. I'll watch FC Rostov and Leicester, but the usual stuff is boooooring.

Well watching Arsenal get battered is quite funny, I must admit :)

What other non-FM/CM football management games do/did people enjoy playing?

I used to play 'The F.A. Premier League Football Manager 99'. Very nice interface, watchable match engine, and for some reason a soundtrack of creepy opera. Oddly compelling...

It had unplayable bugs though, in that the game would crash at a certain date, but the date itself in each new game could be months or a couple of seasons later. Despite this, I'm going to get an old Windows 95 or 98 computer just to play it (as it doesn't work even in a virtual PC). Hopefully I can get around the issue with good old save game backups, maybe going back a whole season resets the date, who knows?

I suppose I should also count This Is Football 2003, because it had proper seasons, player development and aging, transfer system etc. and some other great features long before FIFA and perhaps Pro Evo put in the effort.

LMA Manager (Played all of them, loved that game especially 2005, the only downside was the 20 year limit), Player Manager (with George Graham on cover pic), Premier Manager and many others, the earliest football manager games I played were on Amstrad.

Also several versons of FIFA in Manager Mode.

12 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

I don't particularly want to go and read GD or raise a new thread. But if I have a tablet, can I play the full game on that? I'm not sure whether I'll be buying FM17 due going to Australia. I won't be taking my laptop.

Don't think you can play the full-fat version on a tablet, unless I've missed an announcement somewhere.

FM touch 2016  is available for tablets.

And no, you can't download steam on your tablet and play the full version. Tablets like iPad do only support the tablet version of the game.

No, the pc version is for pc/macs only. The tablet version is a separate game which you need to buy separately.

But saved games do work on both pc and tablet when started with FM touch.

Archived