FM18 Rate My Newgen Thread

robterrace

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a few others that might develop well but here's my top ones so far at the start of season 3.  Most haven't been with the club very long so limited development so far...

Seriously liking the look of the two Colombian defenders (Perez@197cm+92kg is just beastly) and got the feeling Adonis is going to turn into a bit of a god :)

adonis.png

hurtado.png

Signed this guy up but unfortunately isn't coming until next year with the new EU rules.  May have paid a bit much and not really a position I need but he's probably one of the best young players I've ever seen having just turned 17.  Figured there would be no way to get him away from Barca later on so paid his release clause!

marcos.png

I just got my first season regens for my Celta Vigo save and when I saw this guy, I just about shat myself...

38664349421_cfa0282806_o.png

Oh my word.  15 years old and he's already a Sr. Team 2-star rating!!!  Look at that determination and a 14 for decisions already!!!  Work rate a 14 and tackling a 15!  Even comes with the "Looks to pass rather than score" PPM.

At 5'9", I will not be training him as a CD - I think a DM Roaming Playmaker sounds up his alley!  What would you guys train him to be?

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎25 at 17:23, robterrace said:

He also looks like hes ready to kill his own family.

Only a little. Too bad the demon eyes from FM17 aren't a thing on this version, because he could definitely use a set.

20 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

I just got my first season regens for my Celta Vigo save and when I saw this guy, I just about shat myself...

Oh my word.  15 years old and he's already a Sr. Team 2-star rating!!!  Look at that determination and a 14 for decisions already!!!  Work rate a 14 and tackling a 15!  Even comes with the "Looks to pass rather than score" PPM.

At 5'9", I will not be training him as a CD - I think a DM Roaming Playmaker sounds up his alley!  What would you guys train him to be?

Looking at his positions and his attributes, he'd be a great opportunity to experiment with a Sweeper/Libero.

Has the makings of a world class DM, but not sure he'll ever have the dribbling or vision to be a roaming playmaker though I can see the logic in training him in that role to address those weaknesses.

Would hope that at 15 he could still grow up to 6'1+, but not sure that's the case with FM

7 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Looking at his positions and his attributes, he'd be a great opportunity to experiment with a Sweeper/Libero.

Has the makings of a world class DM, but not sure he'll ever have the dribbling or vision to be a roaming playmaker though I can see the logic in training him in that role to address those weaknesses.

Would hope that at 15 he could still grow up to 6'1+, but not sure that's the case with FM

I've never tried one simply because I remember the Sweeper/Libero role was bugged and I never checked to see if it was fixed or not.

16 hours ago, 303jonas said:

This monster came through my Dortmund youth academy. My jaw dropped a bit when I saw the attributes. 15 years old and already amazing stats in many areas. Wow!

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 17.54.52.png

I know you're Dortmund but 2 stars seems a little harsh already! Looks incredible!

On 26/11/2017 at 22:31, CybrSlydr said:

Full back / wing back(he already has this position) be has great defensive stats already and decent acceleration just develop his crossing, passing and pace

On 11/16/2017 at 00:21, robterrace said:

Usual stuff. These are ones that I've found whilst in my first season. Jason Jones came on trial after approaching the club.

Thanks for starting this off. I would have done it myself but I was holidaying interstate (Brisbane) for 2 months and only got back yesterday and bought FM18. Playing it now.

3 hours ago, Jim99 said:

Is it a lot more difficult to steal Regens from other teams when they first enter the game this year?

Pretty much impossible. They have just signed a contract, so they won't negotiate another contract immediately. On the occasions where you can, compensation has gone up quite notably. 

Just wait a couple of months and you can probably sign them on a normal transfer. And some for very very little, if the club they are at doesn't have a big reputation. 

Bit of an update from me on the two most successful players I've had so far (4th season as Middlesbrough).  Unfortunately haven't had any worldie's from my own academy despite throwing quite a bit of money at it but I'm hoping that it's just a matter of time :)

Juan Marcos is apparently my key player after joining over the summer.  I was a bit worried that I had been rash paying £43million for him as soon as I saw him but he looks to be turning into an absolute monster already and has two caps for Spain at age 18!

Hurtado has really come on after featuring for the first team over last season and the start of this one.  Scouts recon he's still got a good deal of untapped potential there so keeping my fingers crossed!

marcos2.png

hurtado2.png

On 12/5/2017 at 14:16, grasu said:

How In the holy hell did you find ALL those players? I'm curious.

Always go through clubs squads from senior to youth including international likes of croatia, argentina, brazil, and other countries, also keep in my mind each countries youth intake dates, young players with a 15-20 determination. I would sign and then either place in youth team or loan them out. Also a top a quality head of youth will help.

Couple more:

Alex Rowley_ Overview Profile.png

Dalibor Leskur_ Overview Profile.png

Denis Kravchenko_ Overview Profile.png

Faustão_ Overview Profile.png

Jakub Heidenreich_ Overview Profile.png

Jamie Richards_ Overview Profile.png

Kevin Ross_ Overview Profile.png

Lionel Crego_ Overview Profile.png

Mauro Espinoza_ Overview Profile.png

Michael Arthur_ Overview Profile.png

Michal Smejkal_ Overview Profile.png

Rob Ryan_ Overview Profile.png

Got that kid in my academy during first season in 3rd portuguese division (he was 16):

1512910755-sans-titre-1.jpg

At first I noticed him but thought he still had to do quite some things before becoming the real deal, but he attracted a lot of offers from Porto, Sporting and Benfica, and now he is 17 and we just started the season but he is really performing. First game and a half of the season, 3 goals and an assist

Got him in Legia and he already looks fantastic. Most likely in next season i will sell my current forward(26 years old atm) and he will be my second choice(he is third atm), in future i guess first.

2017-12-25 00_27_32-Football Manager 2018.png

Also got a few players from czech league which are looking really good:

5a4038c5a5a82_2017-12-2500_30_38-FootballManager2018.thumb.png.935895d4d1f30249c18bfd60778e0630.png5a4038c82e5a1_2017-12-2500_30_11-FootballManager2018.thumb.png.a69fc41274c21a7f8fc7c57f45c2862e.png5a4038c9e2a5b_2017-12-2500_30_02-FootballManager2018.thumb.png.95997ca55eedb245cf5db1e6a71334d2.png

This is crazy how many good czech newgens there is in my game, another two im buying, 17 finishing at 15 years!

5a427bd8592d2_2017-12-2617_41_10-FootballManager2018.thumb.png.0498c60b8fe043d08881ca75a88fac1e.png5a427bda6739e_2017-12-2617_41_00-FootballManager2018.thumb.png.cffc99ac9b4d6db9c9b425ddd3df3606.png

And one im thinking about buying if any of my many central defenders will be sold, what you think about him, 2.9M is a bit harsh:
5a427bd651d10_2017-12-2617_41_22-FootballManager2018.thumb.png.45a23c04c73ca69c88718a7ad9c86271.png

Yeah, no reason it should negatively impact his development. Unless the club he's at has terrible facilities and doesn't give him any game time.... Pretty sure Interacional has solid facilities. And the schedule in Brazil means good young players pretty much have to be played. The only real risk is a bad injury, but that is no bigger of a concern no matter where he is.

Archived