Do you refuse to loan to certain clubs?

2 minutes ago, xtradj said:

If you have top youth training facilities it would be silly to Loan players out as they will be at clubs with poor facilities usually and therefore they're potential may decrease

That wasn't his question at all. 

This is the first FM I've loaned players to Dundee out of laziness, but I will never ever ever loan a player to Rangers. Ever (again).

15 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

That wasn't his question at all. 

This is the first FM I've loaned players to Dundee out of laziness, but I will never ever ever loan a player to Rangers. Ever (again).

It actually is an answer to his question. I dislike clubs with poor training facilities?

Might be offtopic, but why does the majority seem to hate MK Dons THAT much. I mean I am used to irrational hate speeches as I support RB Salzburg, but I have no clue whats going on in England.

50 minutes ago, Alerion said:

Might be offtopic, but why does the majority seem to hate MK Dons THAT much. I mean I am used to irrational hate speeches as I support RB Salzburg, but I have no clue whats going on in England.

Because they stole Wimbledon's place in the football league. Wimbledon were a club who had worked themselves all the way from the non league to the Premier League. They even won an FA Cup against the top team of that era, Liverpool.

They were the real-life version of what many people try to do on FM.

They got new ownership, ran into financial difficulties and were relegated to the Championship (I forget what order those events happened in). The new owners decided they would move the club to Milton Keynes and rename them MK Dons. Of course, everyone, especially Wimbledon fans, were aghast. It was the first step towards a move to the way it works in USA with franchises. In England our football clubs are the life and soul of a community. We love our club, you can't just uproot it and take it miles away.

So the REAL Wimbledon fans created AFC Wimbledon and started AGAIN in the non-league. The old Wimbledon became MK Dongs, they get their new fans from their new town, and are hated by everyone as they stole a football club and a football league place. If Milton Keynes wanted their own football club they should have worked their way up from the non league, as Wimbledon have now done twice.

Incidentally, a few years ago, MK Dons agreed to "give back" Wimbledon's history to AFC Wimbledon, but that isn't replicated in FM for some reason. It should be!

As for loaning players, being a Rotherham and Derby fan, I would NEVER loan players to Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest. Probably not Chesterfield or Sheffield United either.

I also would never EVER loan players to Manchester United, Celtic or MK Dongs as I despise all those three clubs and what they stand for.

3 hours ago, chestermike said:

Good shout on the macDons Matt. The only club I would enjoy seeing disappear for ever.

18 hours ago, Matt ex SEGA said:

MK Dons never get a thing from me.  Not a purchase, not a loan, not a friendly.

Not gonna lie, this attitude kinda makes me like the Dons a little.

Used to be Feyenoord, but they have struggled so bad irl for the past decade I occasionally throw them a pitty loan. These days PSV is the main club I refuse to do business with. Still waiting on the day they relegate in one of my games. That would be the perfect desktop background :D

I don't do any kind of business (loan/sell/buy) with Panathinaikos, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Inter. And I don't sign players who have them as their favourite team either. I don't hate them, but they leave me passionately uninterested.

I have a soft spot for Everton (because of my mum) but generally I don't do business with them either as a Liverpool manager, though as an Olympiakos Piraeus manager I always try to get Miralas back.

Good to see someone standing up for the real Dons. :thup::cool:

When it comes to not dealing with a domestic club, from my own country, I must say: FC Nordsjælland (de facto Farum Boldklub)

That club and it's history is so disgusting.

In real life i have been at their ground as a staff member, for the elite youth team from my small town team.

I felt really uncomfortable with being there, but we won the game surprisingly.

Oh, and furthermore they play on a plastic pitch - that is why we could play in the actual ground itself.

It could not have been made up any better - but sadly it is true.

My top 3 list, of the clubs I dont like:

1. MK Dons

2. FC Nordsjælland - Farum Boldklub

3. Red Bull clubs

5 hours ago, Alerion said:

I would not call it irrational in general. 

The people do have a point in not showing support for Red Bull. Also in Germany these days.

If MK Dons would nearly go bust like when the abormination were formed in 2004 (officially - more like 2002 when the decision to move were taken), it is the only club that would be fit for the Red Bull name. Says a lot.

21 hours ago, suncrush said:

Not gonna lie, this attitude kinda makes me like the Dons a little.

I appreciate that there's lots of people who like them and they appear to be a reasonably well run club.

I just object to the fact that they exist.  Its certainly arguable that they're entirely at fault for that...:)

Not really, but if I have the choice between a local team from a few leagues below I will always tend to accept their offer and reject the other. I like trying to get teams from the same area up a few leagues (eg, if I manage Utd I prefer to loan to Oldham, Bury, Rochdale etc than Oxford, Lincoln etc..)

On 03/11/2016 at 19:56, Ellis_D said:

As for loaning players, being a Rotherham and Derby fan, I would NEVER loan players to Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest. Probably not Chesterfield or Sheffield United either.

I also would never EVER loan players to Manchester United, Celtic or MK Dongs as I despise all those three clubs and what they stand for.

Enlighten us as to 'what they stand for'

2 hours ago, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

Not gonna lie, ignorant comments like this makes me wish for a downgrade function on this forum.

Since the club was probably going to become insolvent otherwise, all the hatred of the Dons is so much Sturm und Drang. 

4 hours ago, suncrush said:

Since the club was probably going to become insolvent otherwise, all the hatred of the Dons is so much Sturm und Drang. 

They are not the Dons. And yes, the fans had preferred the club had died instead of becoming the abormination it is today. AFC Wimbledon is the real and spiritual Wimbledon club, and continuation of the old club. Defending the actions by Winkelman and co. is really disturbing and deluted. And not to forget disrespectful to the original fans who have been through so much pain.

But what to expect from a fan of the Woolwich franchise.

I guess it's just weird to me that so many people give a de facto pass to clubs known for sectarian violence, fascism, or wide-open racism, but relocating a dead club walking gives everyone the vapors all of a sudden. 

You are really generalising now. As if all fans endorse that kind of behaviour. But maybe you would fit more into the American mindset when it comes to sports. 

Try having your club taking away from you. Then talk.

I have the deepest respect for the people who stood up against the FA and the owners of that time, and founded AFC Wimbledon.

And no respect for people who encourage the franchise behaviour.

The few people who do, always simplify the issue to being purely financial and about legal paragraphs - and it is far from what the reality was and is.

Football is and always will be the fans.

And fortunately more and more clubs are being owned collectively instead of rich people who could not care less about the fans, as long as they get their profit.

And if they don't - assett stripping is something they often do.

But, the club was going away anyway.  That's the part that's so bizarre. The organization was insolvent. If the club hadn't moved to Milton Keynes, they'd have done a Rangers. Which they basically did anyway. So, what's the difference  

So yes, the whole thing does come across as British fans claiming moral superiority over the American franchise model. Which rings really hollow when they're cool with playing Zenit St. Pete in European competition. 

It would be far better that the club had been dissolved in peace. 

Alone the disrespectful comment from the 3-man commission that a new Wimbledon club would "not be in the wider interests of football", says a lot about the wrongdoings in 2002.

The FA has been proved really wrong, and should have red ears. 

The same should go for people who support MK FC.

The company sits below Wimbledon in the table. 

Justice will be they finish in relegation zone and go bust.

About the American system. Yes, as long as promotion and relegation does not take place, it is hard to take serious. I thought Americans loved competition. MLS is pretty much a private club for the rich club owners.

The ownership structure in American sports is also not interesting compared to the movement seen in England these days, with collectively ownership models.

The only American sports club I have real respect for is Green Bay Packers. They have maken sure they can't be moved.

And if they get dissolved some day, any money left will be given to some sort of charity.

When it comes to playing against other clubs, it is for the UEFA to decide which clubs are allowed to compete in Europa League and Champions League.

By going with your argument, which does not really make sense, AFC Wimbledon endorse the MK clubs behaviour, by playing them in cups and in the league this December.

And by going to St. Petersburg you would endorse bad behaviour by a small fraction of their fans.

It does not make sense.

A club needs to fulfill it's fixtures.

Whether or not a club should be excluded, which some are based on economics, is entirely up to the federations. Not individual clubs.

Edit: This is getting really off-topic. Let's give space for others to contribute. 

In my opinion I don't care who I loan to as long as they have good facilities etc. 

Maybe it's because I live in New Zealand and I support the only pro team here, the Wellington Phoenix and they don't have any rivals, that's probably why I don't hate any teams

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:02, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

MK Dons speaks for itself. And in part Manchester United. About Celtic - unless he is a protestant and/or Rangers fan I dont really understand it.

Quite simple, I despise any club that supports the IRA.

2 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

Quite simple, I despise any club that supports the IRA.

The club's run by a board which includes the Conservative Baron Livingston of Parkhead. It's hardly a front for anti-British terrorism. The fans generally support a United Ireland, not bombing innocents to further your politics.

In terms of FM, I also never loan to MK Dons - although I'd probably go along with selling a player to them if I'm very confident they're getting a bad deal out of it :p

2 minutes ago, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

Not that I am a fan - but still 2 sides of every story.

They did something stupid, no doubt, though.

But I am happy for the thousands of fans, that they still have a club, and that so many followed them from the 4th tier and back again.

The reason that they were in the 4th tier is because Rangers were liquidated and a new club, Sevco, was founded and as such had to start from the bottom. The supporters are paying to see a tribute act that, despite having the biggest budget in the division, needed two attempts at getting out of the 2nd tier

33 minutes ago, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

And so what?

The point is that the fans still have a club to follow.

That is what matters in the end - the fans.

I rather saw they started a community owned club though.

Your original point was that they were still rangers which, in the eyes of the law, they are not. Secondly I think you'll find find that Dave King is the majority shareholder and the rest of the shares belong mostly to outside business people and private companies with very few, if any, belong to the fans meaning that they are about as far from being a community club as you ever likely to get.  They didn't even do the decent thing by following the lead of Airdrie Utd and apply to use the old club's name

I dont really think that people who watch Rangers games care about all that, and belittled/assertive Celtic fans. Who just wants to feel better, using a bad situation of their rival club.

I am not too small minded, to be happy on their behalfs, that they have a team to watch and a club to follow.

As a fan of a club, who's original destiny was about getting cheated by the laws and laws of an FA, I dont really give much for it.

This is so off-topic, and I see no point in continue.

Also because you are biased.

Unfollowed thread.

47 minutes ago, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

I dont really think that people who watch Rangers games care about all that, and belittled/assertive Celtic fans. Who just wants to feel better, using a bad situation of their rival club.

I am not too small minded, to be happy on their behalfs, that they have a team to watch and a club to follow.

As a fan of a club, who's original destiny was about getting cheated by the laws and laws of an FA, I dont really give much for it.

This is so off-topic, and I see no point in continue.

Also because you are biased.

Unfollowed thread.

The Rangers situation is comparably ***** as the MK Dons one. For decades the top four divisions have been a closed shop, when Rangers died it should've handed one of the team outwith the leagues a chance, especially those who had spent a fortune preparing for it, constantly applying for membership and who only got a chance when a club was so poorly run they went bust. 

Instead the SPFL decided to utterly ignore these clubs and just plonk Sevco in that division. 

They currently exist entirely on loans, yet still spend money they simply don't have, and get no punishment for it. Despite the fact they claim to be the same club, they got absolutely no punishment when it was ruled the old club had been paying players into overseas accounts to avoid tax. 

A vile, horrible club. 

Ill never sell them a player. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived