England vs Portugal Kick Off 7.45 ITV

darren1983

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
had to endure a deluded LVG for season ....looking forward to euros and here comes a clone:brock:
kane is one of the best at attacking headers he should be in the box.....this is classic LVG stuff

Mate, he's gone, just let it go please

Not watched the match, just seen the red card. That was quite some challenge :D

Fair play to Kane. Some of the acting and general shenanigans you see when players get tickled at the most, yet Kane gets absolutely mauled there and just gets up and continues after the ball.

What other options do we realistically have though? Seriously short on wingers.

I think we look a lot better with a 4-3-3. I know that requires playing a striker out of position, but we still seem a lot more likely to score than with the diamond.

We have to gamble with Wilshere cause we lack the ability to create in the middle, really no idea what we'll get from him. Why not Alli further up too

Lack of goals from midfield will hurt us. Once they were down to 10 men there no point having Vardy on. If a team drops off we can't really break through.

Once again we go into a tournament with more questions. I am still none the wiser what team we'll put out against Russia. Nothing would surprise me atm I just hope they get a rocket up the arse before next week!

Once again we go into a tournament with more questions. I am still none the wiser what team we'll put out against Russia. Nothing would surprise me atm

Hart

Walker Cahill Smalling Rose

Dier

Alli Wilshere

Sterling

Kane Rooney

I think that's pretty nailed on now. I'd rather Lallana for Rooney and 433 though.

I still have serious concerns about our defence. Rose played well and looks really comfortable at left back and i can see Walker starting ahead of Clyne but the centrebacks fill me with dread. Not so much Cahill more Smalling and Stones. Stones insists on playing his way out of trouble which, ironically enough, spells trouble

It's not just Wilshere's ability on the ball which makes him important, it's his movement and his demanding of the ball. This is extremely important in possession-based international football, and it's something we're not particularly good at. We need more players like that. Maybe it's a confidence thing, or maybe we fixate on the wrong things when fetishising the latest trendy way to coach kids (Spain).

Hart

Walker Cahill Smalling Rose

Dier

Alli Wilshere

Sterling

Kane Rooney

I think that's pretty nailed on now. I'd rather Lallana for Rooney and 433 though.

Probably right, surprised he didn't start Wilshere against Portugal

I hope Alli gets to play where Sterling is there if things aren't working out

Archived