Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

An annoying problem i'm having for quite some time is the players standing off and not tackling, like they just stay near the guy who has the ball and don't try tackling, even if i select highest pressing. I had one time where 4 of my players surrounded one guy outside of the box but did not try to tackle him and let him advance into the box, how do i make them tackle instead of just look? I do not have "Stay on feet" or "Get Stuck in" activated, and closing down is on "More".

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An annoying problem i'm having for quite some time is the players standing off and not tackling, like they just stay near the guy who has the ball and don't try tackling, even if i select highest pressing. I had one time where 4 of my players surrounded one guy outside of the box but did not try to tackle him and let him advance into the box, how do i make them tackle instead of just look? I do not have "Stay on feet" or "Get Stuck in" activated, and closing down is on "More".

On a lot of occasions this is just the game lacking animations to show the player with the ball holding off defenders. It looks like the defender is just standing there refusing to tackle but the attacker might be shielding it, pushing them off etc. There are no animations whatsoever to display this kind of play.

It's absolutely fine that a studio like SI take time to develop the number of animations necessary to show us in 3D what exactly is happening in the game. What isn't good enough right now is that the commentary is not better used to help us fill in the blanks.

Just been looking at Craig Bellamy's achievements tab as he's manager of Huddersfield in 2022 on my save. Noticed one of the landmarks in 2020 was ''Son Nick Bellamy begins professional career at Peterborough'' and it was a newgen! Really nice touch from SI. I've heard and seen teams having regen siblings etc but not to a real person

Is anyone else having trouble signing youth players?

Currently Curzon Ashton and all 11 players I brought in on youth contracts are refusing to enter discussions for a contract. I have logged it as a bug but interested if anyone else has experienced this?

Is anyone else having trouble signing youth players?

Currently Curzon Ashton and all 11 players I brought in on youth contracts are refusing to enter discussions for a contract. I have logged it as a bug but interested if anyone else has experienced this?

Quite the opposite for me. As a top club, I scout youngsters with very high star ratings that their current clubs are unwilling to sign to contracts, thus letting them go for free.

Quite the opposite for me. As a top club, I scout youngsters with very high star ratings that their current clubs are unwilling to sign to contracts, thus letting them go for free.

Sorry I meant signing your own youth players. Mine will all sign a youth contract but then refuse to sign a contract when they turn 17, regardless of how good or crap they are.

Looks like i proved myself wrong somewhat, strikers can be useful sometimes.

Anyway, i've noticed plenty of nonsensical use of the weak foot by strikers, much more space and angle to use the better foot but even then they use the weak foot for no reason, anyone noticing this? Is this affected by decisions attribute or something?

Another very annoying issue is that players head the ball forward or in a random direction for no reason when no one is there to receive it instead of controlling the ball. They also do this when they are unmarked, why?

What I said FM can be just like real life, Leicester won first season 4 points after Spurs and ManU 3rd City 4th, after that several championships with my save. Very cool

Just been looking at Craig Bellamy's achievements tab as he's manager of Huddersfield in 2022 on my save. Noticed one of the landmarks in 2020 was ''Son Nick Bellamy begins professional career at Peterborough'' and it was a newgen! Really nice touch from SI. I've heard and seen teams having regen siblings etc but not to a real person

Scratch that, he's just had another sprog! But I do suppose his finishing was around 20 or so?

291b3b2770a91d69c9b5b67a744376e4.png

There is still FA-gameday bug in semifinals when Lower division team will be in Semifinals. Example Watford-Bournemouth(CH) and Leicester-ManU game starting times are 1230 and 1500 which would not be possible rl. any suggestions? Rised this to bugs forum also.

Anyway, i've noticed plenty of nonsensical use of the weak foot by strikers, much more space and angle to use the better foot but even then they use the weak foot for no reason, anyone noticing this? Is this affected by decisions attribute or something?

Annoying thing and it really doesn't much make sense. And it's not only strikers. No metter how good the weaker foot is players should use it far far less than they are currently. Looks funny when someone like Messi shoots with weaker foot all the time.

Annoying thing and it really doesn't much make sense. And it's not only strikers. No metter how good the weaker foot is players should use it far far less than they are currently. Looks funny when someone like Messi shoots with weaker foot all the time.

I've seen one of my forwards (very right-footed) adjust his body shape, open himself up and move the ball to his right foot to finish shots a couple of times, but he doesn't have avoids using weaker foot so I'm wondering if his PPM of rounds keeper is making him do that. I wish there were more Henry-style finishes in the game, most of them just look like toe punts in the ME.

Started playing again few weeks ago since a few months of not playing and after watching quite a lot of games on very extended and some on full match I saw a few things which were very annoying. Since I know there will be no more patch for this version, I´d like to know whether these bugs/problems are know and being looked into for FM 17.

Bugged throw-ins at your own final third

I think this happens one or two times a match on average. When you get a throw-in in your defensive third of the pitch, your fullback throws the ball to the nearest centerback. Instead of coming to the ball the receiving centreback decides to walk away letting the opposing striker take the ball and walk towards goal.

Unable to defend overlapping fullbacks with your wingers

When playing against an opponent who let's (one of) their fullback(s) I want my wingers to track them back to prevent them from bombing forward unmarked and to prevent giving away easy crossing opportunities. To do this I give my winger(s) the instruction to man mark the opposing fullback(s). The problem I see is that my wingers stop marking the fullback once they are going over the halfway line. At that point they stop tracking back/marking and this leaves the fullback in al kind of spaces.

Backpasses to the goalkeeper leading to a corner

I think this is a bug that has been in FM since almost 5 years. Still there are on average one or two moments per game that this happens.

Unable to defend crosses aimed at the far post

Massive point of frustration this one. Seems like the fullbacks almost turn off and leave the man at the far post totally free.

Can somebody confirm these points are being looked into? I'm willing to upload pkm's when necessary.

Started playing again few weeks ago since a few months of not playing and after watching quite a lot of games on very extended and some on full match I saw a few things which were very annoying. Since I know there will be no more patch for this version, I´d like to know whether these bugs/problems are know and being looked into for FM 17.

Bugged throw-ins at your own final third

I think this happens one or two times a match on average. When you get a throw-in in your defensive third of the pitch, your fullback throws the ball to the nearest centerback. Instead of coming to the ball the receiving centreback decides to walk away letting the opposing striker take the ball and walk towards goal.

Unable to defend overlapping fullbacks with your wingers

When playing against an opponent who let's (one of) their fullback(s) I want my wingers to track them back to prevent them from bombing forward unmarked and to prevent giving away easy crossing opportunities. To do this I give my winger(s) the instruction to man mark the opposing fullback(s). The problem I see is that my wingers stop marking the fullback once they are going over the halfway line. At that point they stop tracking back/marking and this leaves the fullback in al kind of spaces.

Backpasses to the goalkeeper leading to a corner

I think this is a bug that has been in FM since almost 5 years. Still there are on average one or two moments per game that this happens.

Unable to defend crosses aimed at the far post

Massive point of frustration this one. Seems like the fullbacks almost turn off and leave the man at the far post totally free.

Can somebody confirm these points are being looked into? I'm willing to upload pkm's when necessary.

If you think you have bugs to report, please report them in the bugs thread

There are threads in the bugs forum for all of that except for the throw-ins which I don't think I've come across.

We've been over and over the overlapping fullbacks and the far post crossed goals for pages and pages. Official response from SI is it's been looked into, whilst it missed the final patch due to the fixes generating other problems, it potentially will lead to a good evolution of the match engine for the next game.

There are threads in the bugs forum for all of that except for the throw-ins which I don't think I've come across.

We've been over and over the overlapping fullbacks and the far post crossed goals for pages and pages. Official response from SI is it's been looked into, whilst it missed the final patch due to the fixes generating other problems, it potentially will lead to a good evolution of the match engine for the next game.

I don't think I've even heard of the top one. Worth reporting this

After looking in the bugs forum found a thread about it, will post there more examples in the upcoming days. Will make a note to raise it further, as throw ins could do with plenty of work in my opinion

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/448337-16-2-0-Bizarre-Throw-in-behavior-in-defensive-third-of-pitch

I saw it frequently on FM15 and quite a bit this year too. It usually isn't intercepted but the intended target will often turns and run away from the taker.

I saw it frequently on FM15 and quite a bit this year too. It usually isn't intercepted but the intended target will often turns and run away from the taker.

I've had this one a few times- really frustrating as it can cost goals.

So right before my last match, the opposition winger, Markovic, was at 68/92% fitness with an orange inj sign on his name. He plays the full match, and in the 91st minute he SPRINTS half the length of the pitch 4 times (in one minute) before setting up a late equaliser for the AI. The equaliser, was, of course, a cross where 3 of my defenders couldn't get to the ball before the sole opposition player, but that's not the point.

The point here is... how the hell is he able to do that? After the match, his fitness is 41/97% and he's still injured. 4 massive sprints in the last minute of the game from an injured player with incredibly low condition who is still able to pick out one player in four with a cross afterwards. With his weaker foot.

So right before my last match, the opposition winger, Markovic, was at 68/92% fitness with an orange inj sign on his name. He plays the full match, and in the 91st minute he SPRINTS half the length of the pitch 4 times (in one minute) before setting up a late equaliser for the AI. The equaliser, was, of course, a cross where 3 of my defenders couldn't get to the ball before the sole opposition player, but that's not the point.

The point here is... how the hell is he able to do that? After the match, his fitness is 41/97% and he's still injured. 4 massive sprints in the last minute of the game from an injured player with incredibly low condition who is still able to pick out one player in four with a cross afterwards. With his weaker foot.

Because he didn't injure himself further? Basically a gamble that could have gone easily wrong, by exacerbating a minor injury. Got the winner todday, but could easily have limped off after 10 minutes. Luck.

Because he didn't injure himself further? Basically a gamble that could have gone easily wrong, by exacerbating a minor injury. Got the winner todday, but could easily have limped off after 10 minutes. Luck.

It's not that he didn't injure himself further, it's that at such a low condition he's still able to perform that many sprints in a short period of time (his natural fitness is around 11, I think) after 90 minutes of football and it had no effect on his ability to deliver a pinpoint cross. I wouldn't expect any footballer (apart from Kante) to be sprinting that much at the end of a match, especially if they were already carrying a knock.

It's not that he didn't injure himself further, it's that at such a low condition he's still able to perform that many sprints in a short period of time (his natural fitness is around 11, I think) after 90 minutes of football and it had no effect on his ability to deliver a pinpoint cross. I wouldn't expect any footballer (apart from Kante) to be sprinting that much at the end of a match, especially if they were already carrying a knock.

Footballers (and other sports players) often play with all sorts of injuries, some play within themselves, some continue to play to the edge. There is no hard and fast rule, and that's how it's mirorred If he was playing week in and week out that low with no downside, that would be an issue, but for a one off game, nothing particularly odd about that.

Footballers (and other sports players) often play with all sorts of injuries, some play within themselves, some continue to play to the edge. There is no hard and fast rule, and that's how it's mirorred If he was playing week in and week out that low with no downside, that would be an issue, but for a one off game, nothing particularly odd about that.

Fair enough if it's a one off. I'll keep an eye on it.

Finishing needs some improvement for FM17.

[video=youtube;ehLNUlIy7qg]

If it would - and in my opinion you'll never see a really grand overhaul, but slight individual tweaks it best - it will go both ways. Not seen the match however looking at that setup with apparently (at times anyway) zero protection for that back three and like miles of space unoccupied, basically the last line that would immediately lose shape upon any interception, the scoreline could have then been 7-3, who knows. ;-) Come on that's like 7 players marching towards the box. You can almost hear them giggling, "Tee-hee, I want to score too!" I bet the chances Leverkusen had were of higher quality on average.

9dKzqwZ.jpg

xgVI2rW.jpg

Speaking about and reason for posting: Make this stuff more punisheable SI.

All 3 goals by Leverkusen on that match were by crosses, one was from a free kick near the corner, one a header and the other a tap in. So no, they were not better chances.

The DM was supposed to provide cover but he got a little carried away by going too forward when we had the ball, nothing that bad as at least he can recover balls that spill outside the box and he is set as support so it makes sense on what he is doing.

However, i agree with you that this should be more punishable. As shown on the video the strikers have a hard time scoring from good chances, so when you are countered the strikers tend to miss a lot, if it happened more i would change but don't see much need to do it. This is also a problem when i'm trying to play a counter game, 1 on 1 or sometimes 2 on 1 with the GK and a lot of chances wasted make playing counter not as rewarding.

This game is so funny, i scored and concenced most from crossing, its like 80%. Cross cross and cross, u can even score with just cross in to the net, lol... My fullback have rating of 7.86 and score 6 goals... lmao. COme on, this is obiviously broken, why the hell u still not fix it SI?

Well a tap-in, unspectular as it may be (into an open net) is by definition anything more likely to be converted than a (dramatic) one on one. One one ones should be converted at rates of 1 in 3 depending on which, no more and data would suggest that the diff between players doesn't vary that hugely in the long run. If penalties aren't converted at higher rates than 8 out of 10, basically one on ones where the keeper isn't allowed to move off his line, and the forward has all the time in the world to apply a shot and isn't approaching at typically high pace, then anything from open play can't rank higher. Totally agree that subjectively there's at least two chances in the above vid where you think that should have been a goal, however hard to make a coherent argument about chance conversion going by highlights of a match in isolation. Was talking about averages, and not only the goals, but also the build-up and attempts in general, like them having space to break into every time as that is miles between the rest of the team and the CB which you would see better if you were on a more elevated cam. No AI even going fully overload plays that openly, and no team in football does. This seems a baseline default, and I've seen it often with this version in particular.

Playing counter with your successful side likely isn't viable anymore anyways. You're part, one tiny cog of a dynamic football world where there is underdogs and favorites also in AI vs AI matches and that changes all the time. If you're like the best team in the league you will face sides that barely advance players ever single week (like 5 defend duties, players who never advance and hold their position except for if there is a counter on or during set pieces) oft from kick off so no counter attack in there typically ever. AI plays very cautiously on average that said. Bit OT I tested on a more previous release what would happen if you made tweaks to:

- starting team reputation (leveled as it is the main mechanics on which AI teams decide where they're standing in an upcoming match)

- AI manager's prefered formations. Each of them given an inherently top-heavy attacking 4-2-3-1 Denmark for attack and defense, plus an attack bias of 20

The differences were staggeringly and repeatable every time (full match details though slightly dragging things somewhere else though now).

Default DB:

sg6EbVk.jpg

edits:

7DdiN7i.jpg

Playing the game online in versus, this is a totally different game as it's striking how aggressively human players are. Also one more reason why I'd like this to be more punisheable.

About the tapins i meant more that it was from a cross, so it was more related to the crossing bug than a good build up from counter attack. Well i don't remember the whole game because it was some time ago, if i'm not mistaken i only switched to attacking when i was trying to score. I play most of the match in standard so its not like my tactic is super agressive or something. You can see on 2 of the chances that the team was further back.

Playing counter in some matches can be useful of course, there are times the enemy may go more on the offensive or the other team might be strong as well, so it is useful even if being a higher league team, but when the striker is clear and keeps missing (for me and the AI) just makes counter seem useless.

The deal there is just the strikers don't even seem to resemble human beings anymore, why did Bamba aim for the goalkeeper with so much time to aim for the huge empty side of the goal? I see this a lot and many shots that almost go into the corner flag. There is also the striker illogical heavy use of weaker foot which ends up missing a lot of chances. Having to do private chats constantly about "you squandered a lot of chances..." is getting tiresome.

This game is so funny, i scored and concenced most from crossing, its like 80%. Cross cross and cross, u can even score with just cross in to the net, lol... My fullback have rating of 7.86 and score 6 goals... lmao. COme on, this is obiviously broken, why the hell u still not fix it SI?

There are instances that are buggy, however you can improve this a massive amount (to even below real life levels) if you adjust a few things, on both ends of the pitch. That said:

Okay, as you’re aware the staff here at SI read the forums so clearly we’re aware that some users are experiencing some issues with the way that crosses are defended. From the numbers we’ve had feeding back to us this only seems to affect a relatively small number players and largely depends on those player's tactics. Saying that, we did take a long, hard look at it and ultimately decided that given potential knock-ons and the major impact it would have had on user’s tactics that it wasn’t something we could tweak without unbalancing the match engine and worsening the user’s playing experience.

As anyone who’s played FM for a while knows, we’re constantly striving to make the match engine a 100 per cent perfect simulation of real football. While we’re still some way away from achieving this goal, we do feel that we’re getting closer and closer and this progress is helped enormously by the constructive feedback that we get here on the forums. We’re happy with the match engine which is included in version 16.3.0 and we’ve only been able to get up to this point thanks to everyone who has been involved in the game’s development, be it SI staff members, beta testers or those of you posting here on the forums.

Having spoken at length about this with the match team, there is some good news to report in that the work the team have done in trying to address this issue long-term has led to some other major improvements which, once they’re fully implemented, will make any future versions of the match engine better for everyone.

All I would add to that is that you should give the new update a thorough play-through and let us know what you think when you’ve had a chance to put it through its paces. That's what this thread is here for.

Many thanks.

Playing counter in some matches can be useful of course, there are times the enemy may go more on the offensive or the other team might be strong as well, so it is useful even if being a higher league team, but when the striker is clear and keeps missing (for me and the AI) just makes counter seem useless.

You do get some beautiful goals on the counter though. Check out this outside of the foot finish:

[video=youtube;xXi37d8W62M]

You do get some beautiful goals on the counter though. Check out this outside of the foot finish:

Sounds naturally coming off an actual counters, but that's also a different scenario to all of the above chances, none of which break into lots of space as such. The forward actually being in some space and having time to assess, rather than having to shoot in seconds. The last one in the vid above, that's a one on one kinda all the same, but it's basically the polar opposite as the forward is being hounded by like the entire defense immediately, it should be bloody hard to get that shot at all on target and it is (subjective opinion). 0:36 may be worth an upload as that looks a stupid decision if it isn't a technical mistake, though individually, big chances should be missed and some in comically ways. Purely statistically, there is no such thing as a "sitter" in football, outside of tap-ins into empty goals perhaps.

That's natural. Attacks into actually space tend to be of higher quality. Would have been interesting if the recording was started manually a couple seconds before that so that the interception was visibly. Ever since a couple relases SI have tweaked central forwards to eventually stay high up the pitch rather than get back behind the ball, so a counter attack is always more likely to happen when multiple forwards link. I know against all common bad myth it's strictly against SI design to "crack" or focus on human managers, humans are incidental to the world simulated rather than taking center stage. But if its human managers exclusively that expose themself this much by having zero defend duties in midfield, I don't think it would be a bad starting point making the AI able to actually "recognize" if whatever opponent doesn't have defend/hold position duties in there whatsoever staying deep and switch to a formation involving multiple central forwards because of such, not by random chance because the AI manager opposing just happens to have such a formation edited into the db. Not sure though. Haven't been following stuff overly much this year.

All of this talk about finishes and missed finishes and chances naturally also shows why none of the chance classification, the half chances and clear cuts are ever gonna be "accurate". It's stat algorithms judging key points in the second by second match play, fed with a couple parameters, such as distance to goal, distance to next defender near, angle of shot, etc. and that will never replace a human eye which you would need to really assess chances in FM no less as chances can be all over the place in the game all the same, even though it's "but" a computer sim. But then again, hey, Kick Off 2 on Amiga 500 had all kinds of different finishes too. ;-)

A very valid point about the time available before shooting, Svenc. :thup:

In those cases, an onrushing defence and keeper will affect things quite a bit. It's not really something I can participate it, because I can't say I have much of an issue with putting away chances, apart from the 2 strikers in my team with 11 and 13 for Finishing.

I'm also not a fan of the CCC and HC stats. It is very subjective, to say the least.

I'm not a fan of the CCC stats, but I do sometimes wonder whether on some occasions it's the classification scheme that's wrong or the visual match engine not providing detail that perfectly matches what's being calculated under the hood (i.e a chance looks straightforward on the visual rendering of it, but the match engine has calculated that the player saw it late and was off balance so it wasn't as clear cut as it looks from the zoomed out view)

Genuinely don't see any issue with any of the misses on the Dortmund video - the only one that looks unusually bad compared with RL football is the one where Bamba shoots far too close to the keeper from the middle of the goal, though in RL I think the keeper would have moved off his line earlier leaving less goal to aim at so the same result would have been likely. It still looks like it took a really good save.

That one is nice but honestly i don't see it much by me or the AI, i see players in this situation waiting for the defenders to catch up a lot, like there is no urgency on counter attack. Seen many times they use their weak foot there for no reason or they shoot so badly that they almost hit the corner flag. I'm actually surprised when they score chances like this instead of miss now, seems they score the harder chances more frequently than the easier ones. I already replaced 3 strikers because of the same problem, when you get guys like this and still have the same issue it starts to get annoying. Like what do i have to do to make him not miss in front of the GK? I only see one player instruction related to shooting.

I'm still very disappointed with the finishing overall after that test i did, that even having 1 finishing and 1 composure barely made a difference to the players, and i'm starting to notice this on matches as well.

----

CCC is very weird i agree. I have seem many that should not be and many that should be counted wrongly. Even shots from the touchline where there is no angle are counted sometimes. HC i don't even look at, i prefer to look at the chance myself. On that match i posted for example only Bamba shot was counted as CCC, when there were 3 other easy chances not counted.

Here is what i mean about counter attacks and bad finishing in fm16. After i concede a goal early i switch to a more attacking and high line style. And guess what? Their strikers were so bad i was not punished for it. They score two more from set piece and a cross, unrelated to the space at the back.

Evrard

Buckley

[video=youtube;-jYStu0CtGM]

Sorry I meant signing your own youth players. Mine will all sign a youth contract but then refuse to sign a contract when they turn 17, regardless of how good or crap they are.

This happens to me too. I manage at LLM and none of the players are willing to turn pro, regardless of ability.

In addition to this, the non-contract players are very difficult to sign. They very rarely leave their clubs, in many instances they stay with a club even when they haven't played a game for eighteen months. They ask for disproportionate wages, and even when you meet this, they remain at their current clubs. Obviously this wouldn't happen IRL, being non-contract means you're only paid when you play, so no player on such a deal would stay with a club who don't play, and therefore don't pay, the player. As these players rarely quit their clubs there is a dearth of free-agents at non-league level; I've often been in a position of offering a non-contract deal to a player who would be a key player for me, I make him an offer worth a great deal more than the contract he's on at his current club, he accepts, then decides to 'sign a new contract' with his current club, even though he'll never play and will therefore never be paid anything at that club. Conducting transfers at non-league level is therefore a tedious cycle of negotiating, agreeing, getting knocked back, rinse and repeat.

The youth team players issue and the stadium bug issue have led me to end up forking out for the IGE so I can fix these things as I go along, and I'm not happy about having to do this.

My chairman keeps selling key players for good money but our team doesn't need to sell.

We have the money and the players are registered for continental competitions which destroys any plan for success.

I challenged the sales successfully a couple of times but then I got a ridiculous message that the board won't listen to my requests to cancel the transfers.

How can I keep my players this is beyond a farce!

Sometimes you can't do anything, if the club owners want to bring in the money then they are free to do so because it's their club. As your own reputation increases the board will be under more pressure to meet your demands but until then you just have to get your head down & deal with the situation as best you can.

How has team cohesion when playing Create-a-club not been fixed yet? What is the point of making a new club if you lose a bunch of stupid games because the team cohesion is essentially 0. You cant even fix it with the in game editor AFAIK

If it's a new club with a new roster of players then it makes sense that cohesion & familiarity will be at a low level, that's part of the challenge of taking your new entity to greatness.

I can see the logic in it but i strongly disagree. I'd atleast like the option of pretending that the club i am making is an actually existing club where the players thus have some amount of familiarity. I guess if i had to formulate my wish it'd be 'allow the in-game editor aswell as the external editor to change team cohesion.'

This happens to me too. I manage at LLM and none of the players are willing to turn pro, regardless of ability.

In addition to this, the non-contract players are very difficult to sign. They very rarely leave their clubs, in many instances they stay with a club even when they haven't played a game for eighteen months. They ask for disproportionate wages, and even when you meet this, they remain at their current clubs. Obviously this wouldn't happen IRL, being non-contract means you're only paid when you play, so no player on such a deal would stay with a club who don't play, and therefore don't pay, the player. As these players rarely quit their clubs there is a dearth of free-agents at non-league level; I've often been in a position of offering a non-contract deal to a player who would be a key player for me, I make him an offer worth a great deal more than the contract he's on at his current club, he accepts, then decides to 'sign a new contract' with his current club, even though he'll never play and will therefore never be paid anything at that club. Conducting transfers at non-league level is therefore a tedious cycle of negotiating, agreeing, getting knocked back, rinse and repeat..

Youths not wanting to turn an pro is an issue, but non contract players not wanting to move isn't necessarily if your club isn't nearby. RL non contract players have non-football jobs and families they don't want to uproot to earn £30k per year playing football in a different city. It should be pretty easy to persuade them to move locally though.

Archived