Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can withdraw overage players, those under 23 cannot be withdrawn which afaik is correct as per FIFA rules & just to clarify the Olympic tournament is a fully sanctioned FIFA competition.

You can withdraw overage players, those under 23 cannot be withdrawn which afaik is correct as per FIFA rules & just to clarify the Olympic tournament is a fully sanctioned FIFA competition.

Ahh, I must have missed it, then. Thanks!

I thought teams could keep players out, as I'm sure I've seen several teams do. Argentina have submitted a 10 man team so far. Do you know why that is?

EDIT: Sorry if I'm being a bit vague. I'm not asking you to explain the entire situation of the Argentine team. But I do know that Paulo Dybala has been blocked by Juventus, and he meets the age requirements, leading me to think that clubs could block their players from the tournament.

It's common practice for nations involved in more than one summer tournament to limit the number of players who are asked to double up, as an example Mexico will mix 'n match their teams fro the Gold Cup & Copa America.

I've already raised this issue with SI as I noticed that too many players were being asked to double up on summer tournaments & I expect to see improvements for FM17.

It's common practice for nations involved in more than one summer tournament to limit the number of players who are asked to double up, as an example Mexico will mix 'n match their teams fro the Gold Cup & Copa America.

I've already raised this issue with SI as I noticed that too many players were being asked to double up on summer tournaments & I expect to see improvements for FM17.

Ahh, I see some of mine have been away twice as well. Thanks!

I noticed the other night that Canada played the Confederations Cup while Canada B went to the Gold Cup in my save.

Granted the comps overlapped so it just needs to be extended to recognise competitions within the same off season.

As far as I know, Mexico and the USA always send their "B" team to the Copa America in June while keeping their A squads for the Gold Cup. At least in FM anyway.

so...

whats this.

A9A7E8974857B897933E075A8F0509D179365BE6

I addressed this problem, as this conversation shows

768FF0716AAC4725CA0333F71AD12E5ACB2D7B5B

basically he failed his language cause, and came to me about not being settled in England because of it.. that's the above convo, which shows he accepted another course as the fix, which he was sent on

Is there an option to see all the touches that a player makes during a match using Prozone? Forgive the noob question. :D

Can this be done in FM16? We often hear stuff like "Kroos made 116 touches for Germany against so and so". Can we actually see this as a graphic on FM?

Hi, first of all, I do not know whether this only occurs to me or not, but in this edition, I like to watch games with Prozone camera. However, the visibility of the ball is kind of hard for me to see the ball. Hopefully, in the future edition, this thing will see an improvement. Thank you.

Just had Mignolet get unhappy with me for leaving him out of the training camp squad. I couldn't select him because he was on international duty at the WC. Not my fault his team got knocked out in the group stages and he is now free.

There should be an option to say "Stop being silly - you were left out because you were sat on the bench at the WC in Russia."

I'm playing as barcelona and looking at the players i scouted and its not showing any players. What can I do as barcelona to get the pc to show me players suitable for my team that it finds. It only found 2 players.

Could be a number of things but I suspect you have your player recommendation star rating too high.

You have to remember that a 4* player for Barcelona is not the same as a 4* one for Barnet.

Star ratings are compared to your current squad.

Could be a number of things but I suspect you have your player recommendation star rating too high.

You have to remember that a 4* player for Barcelona is not the same as a 4* one for Barnet.

Star ratings are compared to your current squad.

It's likely do to the transfer ban.

Yeah I'm not sure what it was. But if i manually scouted players then I could see them but the pc wasn't finding any players on its own with 20 scouts on assignment.

They find players you are able to sign. As they are under a transfer ban from the beginning of the game (if that's where you are at), you can't sign any players, and thus your scouts will come up blank.

Played last year's Football Manager a lot, really really enjoyed it. Wasn't going to get this year's but had a bit of an urge to play the game again and saw it available for cheap, so ended up getting it.

I have to echo the numerous complaints about crosses in this game. It's ruined the game. I seem to remember one of the FMs a few years ago had a similar issue (FM 2013 maybe) which was never really corrected, and this game seems to be back to the same. It's a shame, since the last game never felt unbalanced in the way this does.

Started a game with a low league Italian team. Conceded shedloads from crosses, and could only score crosses myself. My target man scored 80% of my goals in an identical fashion. 80% of goals against seemed to be from crosses.

I put this down to having wing backs, which seemed a shame since I like to play them in my teams. I also thought maybe inexperience was a factor. I scrapped the first game halfway through the season and took over a top division Italian side, with world-class wing backs. The same thing happened again. My "normal" forwards never scored - either my wing back running in at the back post would score or my big man would score a header. All from crosses. Same again at the back. Wingers from any team would thunder in amazing balls across the six yard box from wherever they were. Goals each time.

I decided I wanted to manage low league anyway, and started again at a low league Greek team. This time I ditched wing backs completely. Same old story. Goals from crosses. Haven't played the game since.

Now I realise that there are those who will say I should adjust my tactics accordingly. But when my entire tactic needs to be based around stopping crosses and defending crosses, something has gone wrong. The accuracy and consistency of crossing seems far too good. Furthermore, I don't play FM to win every game. I take middling clubs and hope to get promoted after building a team over a few years. But FM 2016 just felt redundant within half a season at every attempt. Goal after goal from crosses, both for me and against me. And when you notice the pattern, every goal from a cross becomes infuriating. And there are many.

It's stopping me from bothering playing it again. I do have an urge to continue on with a team, but I honestly can't be bothered with this crossing simulator right now.

Hopefully it's back to its strengths again next year. I won't give up on this series at all. This year (to me) was a write off, but I've had thousands of hours out of previous years and fully expect to have the same again in the future.

Is this correct? Bazoer approaches me on 4th Jan and mentions lack of football. I say ok I'll give you games. I play him and he comes back to me in March saying I haven't kept my promise and wants to leave. This is the amount of playing time I gave him. Surely that's enough? He has first team status.

Untitled-1_34.jpg~original

Assuming there are not a load of friendlies in those 15 matches that behaviour doesn't make sense, if you have a save shortly before the second conversation this is still worth raising in the bugs forum.

Is this correct? Bazoer approaches me on 4th Jan and mentions lack of football. I say ok I'll give you games. I play him and he comes back to me in March saying I haven't kept my promise and wants to leave. This is the amount of playing time I gave him. Surely that's enough? He has first team status.

3 of those however are Europa League matches he likely doesn't care about - so in domestic games he's started 8 out of 13. Depending on which of those were potentially cup matches, it could be as low as something like 6 out of 11 in the league. Probably a couple less than what he was expecting as a first-team player who was promised extra game-time. He'll also consider how much you played him before he had to complain - if you've lied to him by promising he'd be a first teamer and he's then sat on the bench for half a year, he's going to be a bit miffed and more prone to want to leave at the first sign of not getting what he wants. As a player, he is also extremely ambitious which could lead to him wanting to play more than the average player would be content with.

3 of those however are Europa League matches he likely doesn't care about - so in domestic games he's started 8 out of 13. Depending on which of those were potentially cup matches, it could be as low as something like 6 out of 11 in the league. Probably a couple less than what he was expecting as a first-team player who was promised extra game-time. He'll also consider how much you played him before he had to complain - if you've lied to him by promising he'd be a first teamer and he's then sat on the bench for half a year, he's going to be a bit miffed and more prone to want to leave at the first sign of not getting what he wants. As a player, he is also extremely ambitious which could lead to him wanting to play more than the average player would be content with.

He isn't extremely ambitious on my save. His ambition is 13.

He isn't extremely ambitious on my save. His ambition is 13.

Personally I think its borderline and could be linked to other things.

On the face of it 6/11 = 55%, 8/13 = 61%. For a first teamer I would expect much closer to 70% although I have seen comments from SI staff that suggest as low as 50%.

I'm also not sure if he is just taking into account matches from Jan - March or from start of the season until March which could be a much lower %.

Finally we don't know what club you are and the club rep. His ambition is mid-high at 13 add to low loyalty, a rep higher than the club, high star rating, maybe interest from bigger clubs and a combination of attributes that make him a bit of a whinger means you might have a situation where he is trying to engineer a move away.

EDIT

No harm adding to the bugs forum for SI to review though.

The matches will be from the promise start date, a previous lack of playing time will still be a factor but only in how unhappy the player is

The importance of the cup matches is a factor but I think starts in both legs of the league cup semi-final plus FA Cup 4th & 5th round matches should be considered enough, as Cougar has mentioned the player's personality has to be taken into account & which club is important as that will change depending on whether they're a consistent title challenger who regard those competitions as less important which of course also applies to the Europa League matches, another consideration is whether the player has any stated ambition for success in a particular competition.

Fulham played 5 in 9 and 6 in 12 in their Europa League season, despite losing in the first round of the League Cup and only a few rounds into the FA Cup. If you're in all competitions (you're in the FA Cup Final, Europa League semis and don't show league up) this isn't exactly unusual.

Yeah, agreed. I looked back at Fulham's schedule that year when something like this came up. It was pretty similar to some of the bad cases in FM. And like you say, they were out pretty early in both cups. I don't think there's ever been a team who has been deep into every single competition, including the Europa League.

Playing in the Conference, and I've just sold a promising 19-year-old centre half to Norwich in the Championship. Next thing my captain comes to me asking why I sold him, but there's no option along the lines of "I couldn't deny him the opportunity".

Notwithstanding that no non-league player would even ask this, it is frustrating how often the most logical chat option isn't available. My options are I'll replace him with someone better (unlikely), he didn't fit into my tactical plans (not true), he was earning too much (not true) or he was inconsistent and we needed to cash in (not true).

Is anyone else finding that playing the bottom side, who haven't won in 15, often results in being 2-0 down by ten minutes because they come out with slick, quick long passing with near-perfect accuracy? I've found this very frustrating on every save so far.

Playing against a side on a big losing streak is about smashing them in the opening 15 or killing them with slow possession, if they get an early goal they can be a nightmare.

Most FM AI clubs tend to play four pre-season friendlies. This is fine for big clubs, where players have high natural fitness, with excellent training facilities and (full-time) coaches, such that players are fully fit after only three or four games.

However, at AI semi-professional clubs, where these factors are lacking, players need lots of games to get fully fit, resulting in boringly easy wins at the start of the season for human lower league managers (whose side has played eight or nine pre-season games) against undercooked opposition with typical player match sharpness of 70%.

For future editions of FM, I would like to see the match sharpness feature tweaked and/ or lower league clubs playing more pre-season friendlies to compensate for the extra difficulty in building player match sharpness at this level.

I play on the stadium which have 35k places, but it says that I only use 6k on normal matches. What are normal matches, and will I ever be able to use full capacity of my stadium?

I reckon that only 6k are used because the club has fallen down the leagues recently, so no need to use 35k places for just 3k supporters, but as I climb up the leagues, I will probably need more than these 6k that are used in ''normal matches''.

Loving the game, but I have found one thing I would love to see pointed out a little clearly.

I have been scouting a young goalkeeper and I decided I'd take a chance on him so when to offer a contract (assumed he was amateur), and got told I couldn't offer a contract until I put in an offer.

So I tried to put in an offer and couldn't.

Then I realise he's provisionally agreed to a contract, and I assume this is why he can't sign for me.

But why does the game not tell me this? Surely some information can be put on his contract screen to tell me if and why he can't be signed. When my club was under a takeover enforced transfer embargo I was told I couldn't sign players on their scout report screen.

Please can you give us this sort of information for FM17. Maybe it is on a rules screen somewhere, but it should be easily available to the user.

I think from a LLM point of view this game seems to be going backwards in quality every year, they need to get somebody to test the game who isnt going to spend one season making sure it works for Man City.

I dont know whats going on but its not very dynamic. I sell the same amount of season tickets in the Prem as I did in the vanarama, 1,200, Thats how many I sold the first season, My stadium is 21k, My premier league players generate interest from none league clubs, Stadium growth seems designed to only work for established big clubs, dynamic rivalries do not work despite being advertised as a feature, how long does it take, 16 year and still the only rivals are non league clubs I started with despite last season winning the europa league and 3 times back to back league cups, derbies are local games, , that dont work either, I'm a london club playing in the prem and have none, the AI treats your club like its still the club it started as even though it could have went from non league to championsleague  . Stadium growth isnt great. It seems the game is untested beyong 1 or 2 seasons with a big team and nodody can be bothered with the little teams. The transfer market as a small club that grows is laughable,

I can handle things not progressing much or being at a limit that it cant get much better, what I cant accept is things going backwards. Reversve progress. Its not acceptable especially when time seems to be wasted messing about on nonsense features. Its unacceptable to be going backwards not forwards.

2 things that are bugging me and i don't know if it's working as intended or not.

1: When players have slight concerns i always, when applicable, tell my captain to have a word with the players in question

I'm in 2055 now and have yet to see any effects. What kind of effect is it supposed to be capable of producing?

I would at least expect the captain to give me feedback on what the result was. I haven't received any feedback, nor have i seen any positive or negative effect of it.

2: When i try to offload players i tell the players that i've transfer-listed them without success (when that happens).

I then tell the players to talk to clubs.

What is supposed to happen when i tell them that?

I haven't seen any progress when telling them that.    

On 24 July 2016 at 13:11, Tiger666 said:

I had exactly the same issue back when the game first came out. 

Had Ricky Alvarez at Stoke complain he wasn't playing enough, so i promised to play him. On the same day i promised that, my starting player in his position (can't remember for the life of me which player it was) got injured for a couple of months. So Alvarez was now the starter. He played every single game from then on, until a couple of months later he came back saying he was furious i didn't keep my promise to play him and wanted to leave the club.

I unfortunately didn't have a save to give the devs so i wasn't much help, but they did acknowledge it and promise to look into it.

On 23/06/2016 at 12:52, MeesterCat said:

Wait, wwfan died?

I was wondering the same thing and cannot find anything re what has happened to him. Did he just retire from the game?

Archived