Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get that, but in magic 21s specific point City were bidding for the player but the AI accepted a bid over £10m less than what they were demanding of the user from the AI. In other football managers once a bid is accepted, you can match the bid, whether you are city or whoever, it sounded from Magic21s example that this didnt happen for some reason.

Bingo! (Don't think I 'Reply with Quote[d] before)

He's just giving De Bryne as an example of a similar sale to Kondogbia, he's forgetting he's mega rich Man City, whether the player goes to him or not, AI teams will always ask more money from teams like Man City, also you've got to remember to take the players thoughts into this.

I play as Hibernian and if anyone comes in for my better layers I'll always ask more from clubs that can afford it, I've had players in the past where I've accepted multi bid from with varying prices and they've chosen a club with the lower bid, I don't get to see the wages offered remember.

Chelsea is also mega rich, no? Kondogbia was interested in joining my club as well - as per the scout reports. Trying to sign players which should cost 20-30M mark for every team but me - but would actually cost me 30-45M; f*cking bollocks. Struggling to do a 'realistic' FM save and I'm only 1 year in...

Finding weak foot shots are incredibly bad. Sitters from Central being placed yards wide, difficult opportunities going closer to the corner flag than goal. Not saying i expect them all to go in but, at the moment they're just incredibly bad.

Also finding goalkeepers and general finishing to be quite poor. It's not resulting in a lack of goals as they balance each other out but, good opportunities are being wasted constantly (whether from just stupid timing of shots or general poor finishing) but this is then balanced out by so many shots being just to the side of the keeper are just hitting the keepers hand and going in (keeper should be getting down quickly to stop these and probably would be palming them wide of the goal rather than reach down with one hand).

Finally, graphics for penalties still look terrible. Missed penalties looked match together (it's generally a penalty down the middle where the keeper doesn't move or a good penalty in the corner where the keeper makes a cracking save, plus the odd ones missing the target).

Just a quick question for experts. I haven't got a proper graphics card just an inbuilt one and last year I ran the 3d pretty well on medium until a few seasons in when it got a bit laggy so dropped to low. This year despite my graphics stars for my PC being predicted by the game as 4 out of 5 it judders a bit at medium so I downgraded to low and all is fine. However when I had a quick look at very high and bar the juddering of play I didn't really notice much difference in the detail between low and very high. Obviously if you go to very low the crowd vanishes, but even on low you have the crowd, player shadows, different coloured boots so just out of interest what are you actually missing by having a good graphics card and watching 3d on very high?

The reason I ask if it really enhances the experience in some way I may splash out and treat myself to a new graphics card but if it's only cosmetic I'll keep my money!!

UPDATE***Played a few more games and even on low the ME is quite choppy and laggy. As I said above medium on FM15 was absolutely fine so do you need a higher spec this year or is the ME just laggy?

Just prior to going I've there was an update that's when it changed.

I'll upload some goals and I'll take that bet no probs !!!

There was an update to the game as a whole, yes. The ME did not change.

Perfect example how messed up the finishing is . this happens very often and in this example it happened in a game i was watching cuz my barcelona was behind athletico. so it has nothing to do with my tactic or anything like that ...

i hope there will be a patch soon because its VERY frustrating...

I agree. I see my and opposition players hit sitters repeatedly at the goalkeeper.

I think the build before this 1 was far superior.

There is no challenge now, I'm winning game after game without even trying.

8 matches since ME change

30 goals scored 2 conceded

its childs play.

I'm very disappointed as this is what I was afraid of.

Please share your tactics!

I want this too. :)

(just lost 3-1 at home to Man City today :(

I'd be pretty upset if this had went against me instead of for me :p

<iframe src='http://gifs.com/embed/KrkQXx' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='477px' height='270px' style='-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);'' ></iframe>

Gary Neville + Paul Robinson? Very realistic. :)

there is no wide midfielder in the AML/AMR spot, and besides that was just an example. what if i want my attacking midfielder not to make through passes all the time or if i want my advanced playmaker to cross the ball when a good crossing opportunity arises or if i want my fullback to go forward but not cross at every opportunity??

they should either remove the greyed out parts or let us create our own roles with the current roles as a template. at the moment, the tactics are limited and feel forced to play in a particular way, specially the fullbacks on attack as whatever you choose it seems you cant stop the "cross often" instruction. for a game that is about managing/coaching a football team, it is very disappointing that it is designed this way on purpose forcing you to play in a certain way.

I do agree. We get less freedom with every version of the game. I don't care whether in current football classic wingers are not in use (I don't think so, though), whether modern wingers must dribble (I do not agree, you may want your winger to go to the space), etc... this is a tactical game and I want my players to do what I tell them. I do not imagine when Helenio Herrera decided to play with a "Libero" someone had told him, Sorry this is not like current football.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think there are a lot of sackings, more than FM15?

With England, Scotland and Wales all leagues loaded it seemed to become a bit of a merry go round with lower league clubs paying compensation to each other for managers. It seemed like there was never less than 10 jobs available.

I know in reality there are loads of sackings but this seemed a lot. Like I say though maybe it's just me and my perception?

Just a reminder that if you are seeing issues in the game that you think are worth raising to us then please make sure you raise them in the relevant bug forum so we can take a look. The different sections can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/519-Football-Manager-2016-Bugs-Forum

Cheers

IS anyone having issues selling players? FM15 had it nailed for this, was the right balance etc, but I'm struggling with FM16 to sell players, people have have been playing and are being offered out at under 50% of their value. I offered a 6m valued player out a few times, going down to under 3m and only had one offer.......which was £375k!

Where can i see who is my captain(in a match..) i know i can choose the captain and put them on a list but i can't see who is the © ?

No more © in any player stats/report when playing a game or after a game. Is this a bug or nothing to do about it?

I'm really enjoying watching some teams completley meltdown (bit harsh I know).

b605dea4dc32eb1eac18c69027a3c5f2.png

12 games into the North and they've got 0 points, conceded 35 and scored 1! I'm even going as far as to watch out for them in live scores and cheering when they score a goal :D

I holidayed the BETA for a while and Bolton dropped like a stone, to the point they fell out the football league.

I holidayed the BETA for a while and Bolton dropped like a stone, to the point they fell out the football league.

I've noticed that Bolton have a habit of that over the last few FMs. Always seem to end up in League 2 on my saves and my friends saves. Sunderland have been notoriously bad under the AI as have Villa. The weirdest one I had was Newcastle, Villa and Everton ending up out of the Prem on the same save within the first 5 seasons.

I was really excited about the new create a club mode, and I'm very glad appropriate budgets have been introduced so there are some realistic constraints to work within.

That said, the process of building a squad has been very laborious - particularly filtering my player searches. First of all you can't search by league, or even age, which means relying on value alone and scrolling through a long list to find an appropriate player. Even more frustrating is then returning the the search box after checking the player's profile and having to setup the search parameters again.

Using the transfer and wage budget filters to help keep within the club budget, I found some cheap talent from Norway to boost my english league two squad where their wages were below £500 in general. What I didn't realise was that a high number of those player from abroad or lower leagues arrived at my club with a 'match highest earner' clause, and I started my game with around 10 fringe players being paid £2,000/week in my mid table league two team. It consequently took my wage budget to -20k/week meaning I couldn't even recruit an assistant manager to support me in my coaching (there wasn't one already employed).

Overall I love the concept, but after spending much time struggling with the search feature to assemble my squad, the save is now unplayable thanks to the highest earner clause . If those things are ironed out then it could be a very successful feature.

Overall my findings up till now are positive. The game plays smooth and movements of the AI seem more realistic and logical. But off course there are things that could/should be better. I didn't get into all the tactics-tabs and things, so my first opinion is based mostly on the match engine and the stuff I came across while starting a new career:

- The whole 'design your own manager' is not for me, but if it were this feature seems to be built in a hurry and has the user-friendlyness of a game from 2003. Very hard to design a face that resembles myself, and I am bald, so my hairstyle is actually in the game, but I can imagine many games miss diversity in that department. I also wonder where SI have put the facial hair (beards, sidebeards), glasses, earrings and such. This feature may go as far as I am concerned, but I you do insist in putting it in, make sure it is complete and easy to use.

- I understand it is graphic fluff and of no influence on game-play, but It's a shame the stadiums in 3d stay lame (especially at lower levels) and are not pre-game editable. Also, they don't seem to be linked to capacity, I brought down the capacity from 2000 to 350 in the pre-game editor, but no change to the stadium what so ever. I started a game in the bottom of swedish football (level 4), where the grounds usually consist of one small stand, a club house, and some advertisement-boarding, but all the stadiums at that level look the same, and much too big. Why not have one-stand grounds where part of the (small)crowd are standing around the pitch behind the advertisement-boarding like IRL? The stadiums are probably brilliant for people who want to take Barcelona for their 500th championship, but for those who like to play a realistic game managing Högaborgs BK the stadiums in the match engine are not helping 'the feeling of lower league management'. I'm not a fan of the big concrete square that is around the stands in smaller stadiums aswell. It's probably the ground reserved for enormous stands to come, but can't that be green, as most clubs at lower levels are a lot of grass with some stands in between, instead of a lot of concrete (where a PL-club has a stadium but Newport Pagnell FC hasn't) ?

- Starting unemployed and on holiday, with most of Europe loaded, I came across the old problem that I can't choose to apply for jobs in a specific country or region. I wanted to apply only to English bottom division clubs, but couldn't and therefore was called back from holiday many times for jobs in Switzerland, Norway and Belgium where I had no interest in. Seems an earsy one to tackle for SI.

That Macclesfield one looks very bad, they won 1 game all season and finished with a GD of -89 and only 7 points!

I'm guessing the SI guys would like to take a look at that.

More than happy to upload a save if they feel there's something wrong. But it does happen IRL!

Hyde United - 0c3019c1ea3f808af586451e13f03247.png

Hinckley 13/14 - 7254e80dd3e71564e834db5b5b804704.png

Go to "Club" from right hand side of screen and to go "general" Rivalries and Derbies are there

Theres no General on right hnd side of screen ? There is on the left? Click on that then theres just the Club screen but no results for rivalry or derbies

Those Bolton and Macclesfield examples just don't look right. Is there anything obvious going on? Have they changed managers a lot, been buying and selling erratically?

On my save where Bolton ended up in League 2, they were rock bottom of the Championship in the first season and sacked Lennon in about Feb/March (which I guess is pretty standard - maybe even a bit generous considering their position and reputation). Can't remember who they hired but they still got relegated. About half their squad left over the summer and they signed players that were more than adequate for League 1 (again I guess based on their reputation). Rock bottom at Christmas, sacked their manager but still got relegated to League 2. Then just lingered in mid table obscurity forever in League 2.

Didn't Hinckley have all sorts of problems off the field that year? even postpone games as they did not have enough players?

It was just after you said there was nothing untoward going on there and their finances were okey, also now they have played 12 games in the North and 0 points, it seems to be a pretty big collapse going on.

I do agree. We get less freedom with every version of the game. I don't care whether in current football classic wingers are not in use (I don't think so, though), whether modern wingers must dribble (I do not agree, you may want your winger to go to the space), etc... this is a tactical game and I want my players to do what I tell them. I do not imagine when Helenio Herrera decided to play with a "Libero" someone had told him, Sorry this is not like current football.

I had this on FM15, when I wanted wingbacks either to get forward early and cross without dribbling, or to get forward early and not cross. Neither of these are very controversial manoeuvres, and in the latter case you're talking about something that was a hallmark of the most dominant club team in recent decades in Pep's Barcelona, but the game didn't really recognise that it was a possibility. Either fullbacks attack in which case they dribble and cross from the byline, or they don't. The 'design a role' wizard, replete with movement options taken from other roles, would be lovely.

Several AI clubs offer me a paltry £93,000 for my star striker (playing as Icelandic league champions). I suggest £1m and they all withdraw. Player goes nuts and I explain if they pay what we value him at then he can go. He is happy. Same clubs offer, er, £93,000 for my star striker again. I suggest £1m, again. They withdraw, again. Player goes nuts again as "promise not kept".

Please note, the player had an asking price of £1m throughout.

I won't raise in bugs forum as you have several examples already, both there and in this thread. The AI transfer offers are ludicrous.

This is the first major gripe I have with FM16 as it is without question, the most polished release by SI to date.

Several AI clubs offer me a paltry £93,000 for my star striker (playing as Icelandic league champions). I suggest £1m and they all withdraw. Player goes nuts and I explain if they pay what we value him at then he can go. He is happy. Same clubs offer, er, £93,000 for my star striker again. I suggest £1m, again. They withdraw, again. Player goes nuts again as "promise not kept".

Please note, the player had an asking price of £1m throughout.

I won't raise in bugs forum as you have several examples already, both there and in this thread. The AI transfer offers are ludicrous.

This is the first major gripe I have with FM16 as it is without question, the most polished release by SI to date.

The problem is that your £1m valuation is unrealistic. It's far too high. What's he worth? For what kind of money do the other 'big' players in that league typically go for?

The problem is that your £1m valuation is unrealistic. It's far too high. What's he worth? For what kind of money do the other 'big' players in that league typically go for?

I agree it is far too high, that is not my whinge. My moan is that they offered the exact same amount! I had already explained to the player that £93,000 was too low so to throw a hissy fit over the same amount is ridiculous.

I agree it is far too high, that is not my whinge. My moan is that they offered the exact same amount! I had already explained to the player that £93,000 was too low so to throw a hissy fit over the same amount is ridiculous.

The player has a right to disagree with what you deem to be too low. Is the 93,000 offer in line with the other big transfers in that league? That would make it a fair offer. If not, it may be an issue.

Indeed he does. But he wasn't. He was moaning about a promise not being kept when no such thing happened whatsoever.

Sorry, I edited after posting. Is the 93,000 offer in line with the other big transfers in that league? That would make it a fair offer. If not, it may be an issue.

Speaking of promise not being kept, what was the promise, looking at the promises page?

Sorry, I edited after posting. Is the 93,000 offer in line with the other big transfers in that league? That would make it a fair offer. If not, it may be an issue.

Speaking of promise not being kept, what was the promise, looking at the promises page?

There are no other stars per se in the league, so very few players get sold. Most are released and signed on free transfers.

Promise simply states "Sell Player" when the conversation was "I will sell you when they match our valuation of you". Two different things really.

At the end of the day, I am feeding back on a potential issue. I can obviously ride it out so to speak. As I type, I am still getting loads of offers for him, though the highest is now £225,000, so going the right way.

Promise simply states "Sell Player" when the conversation was "I will sell you when they match our valuation of you". Two different things really.
Obviously there's a bit of interest in this sort of issue as it can be quite annoying and there are a few complaints around interaction.

Unfortunately, the issue here is that you've promised to sell at your valuation, but that your valuation was far, far too high. I logged this as an issue myself, as the feedback to the user isn't clear enough that this is the case.

Obviously there's a bit of interest in this sort of issue as it can be quite annoying and there are a few complaints around interaction.

Unfortunately, the issue here is that you've promised to sell at your valuation, but that your valuation was far, far too high. I logged this as an issue myself, as the feedback to the user isn't clear enough that this is the case.

I have a vague memory from a few FMs ago, when the player wanted to talk to you if they felt your asking price was unrealistic. I haven't seen that in a few years and would be an obvious solution to this example.

My chairman took the matter into his own hands and flogged him for £300,000! :(

Although it is so frustrating, I like this chairman stepping in feature (I am aware it is not new) - it is very realistic.

I agree with that. Frustrating, but I like it. Tough balancing act though as you can imagine the outcry if it happened too much.

Archived