Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

I think it's brilliant. Only read reports of it, rather than seen it, but you see too many groups of fans letting players get away with underperforming. .

What? From my experiences most match going fans after 20 minutes start getting on the backs of their players if they aren't already 3-0 up and destroying the opposition. Maybe the prem is different but lower league fans have literally zero patience with their players.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screaming out Mourinho yet booing our players. A total embarrassment. We were 16th and I have no problem with them giving support to Jose but for the fans to boo our players and act as if Mourinho is God winds me up. We need to get out the mess we are in and would be best if fans and players were on par with each other.

I'm not 100% sure if the result today was because it was against Sunderland or if it was because the players weren't being managed by Jose Mourinho. I hope it is the former but it really wouldn't surprise me if it was the latter which is why I feel the blame should go to the players.

You don't get a manager who is as successful as Jose has been just suddenly being **** for no reason at all. Compare the performances of certain players this season to last season, it's not the same and it's due imo to a stinking attitude from the players. This lot can play well when they want, they played well against Porto and then just looked like a completely different team the next day.

I wonder how many of this lot will stick by the club if we're not in the Champions League next season, for that reason I'm pretty certain Hazard leaves next summer.

I heard rumours that there was chants of Jose Mourinho was sung by United fans at Old Trafford, the thought of him being at United makes me feel ill.

So, who do we actually want on penalty duty? I never like Hazard's penalties even when they were effective, and Oscar seems to try the same crap but without the same efficacy. Would much rather have Diego just leather them than trying to be clever.

Also, is it time to look forward to who we're signing in January yet?

Do you think we'll make any signings? Not sure we'll make any with the managerial situation not clear. Also think it'll be difficult to attract the right level of player considering we're almost certainly not going to be in the CL next year combined with not knowning who'll be the manager. If (not saying we will!) we had someone like Guardiola coming in and it was public knowledge, I could imagine players being happy to join even without CL football on offer.

On the flip side of that, we could make a couple of signings in January and they've effectively got 6 months to settle before next year.

I haven't got a clue to be honest, I've been trying not to think about football too much recently for obvious reasons :(

It only feels like yesterday that Hazard was the bestest penalty taker and never misses!

Why didn't Costa take it?

Costa is not good at penalties, missed 4 of 10 for Atletico in his one season as the penalty taker.

I don't think he'll stay at Chelsea either. He was alright at Boro but once he actually hit the Premier League he was completely out of his depth and couldn't get into Pardew's plans. Don't think he'll have any chance at Chelsea (well, maybe this weekend if he's back in time and they still have no strikers).

I don't think he'll stay at Chelsea either. He was alright at Boro but once he actually hit the Premier League he was completely out of his depth and couldn't get into Pardew's plans. Don't think he'll have any chance at Chelsea (well, maybe this weekend if he's back in time and they still have no strikers).

If he plays for Chelsea, he can't play for any other club the rest of the season so I doubt that's going to happen unless the club are planning to keep him as 3rd ST and let Remy/Falcao go in January.

Also Costa will be back at the weekend since he was only suspended.

Calf injury although he's also linked with Lille on loan.

Lookman's a good prospect but he'd be a lunatic to join Chelsea.

Regarding Remy, no chance with him as our only useful alternative to Costa.

Regarding Lookman, football opportunites, he should not but money wise, fame, girls etc, a move to us would be luring.

Ruben \o/

Disappointed none of the youngsters started but though RLC did really well when he came on, couple of misplaced passes but battled well, great movement and finish for the goal, and some lovely little interplay a few times too. Decent enough performance, bit slow in the buildup after the second goal, but still avoided an upset this time round.

Rolfe, is Aina going to leave then? I have seen several reports saying he has rejected a contract offer and might join Arsenal or Liverpool as he is frustrated with first team chances. But I don't know how necessarily true that is when he has just turned 19. It is not as if you should be expecting minutes in PL that age. And I would think he is best of here considering our right hand side is not blessed with talent. He has a better chance of making it here than other teams imo.

Interesting too that Colkett contract is also up at the end of the season and them two seem to be best of friends. Food for thought...

Archived