Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time these words have probably been uttered but Azpi at fault for both goals tonight, which is a shame because I felt that this was an evenly contested tie but the aggregate scoreline flatters PSG somewhat. The two goals we conceded tonight were really cheap, which is frustrating.

Well that's our season over. If Gus would stop playing Kennedy at LB it'd be great, he's not a LB and you can tell. Defence was shocking bad for both goals, John Terry I'd rate as our second best CB with Zouma being our best atm, here's hoping John will be with us for one final season.

Great win. Deserved as well. Jake Clarke-Salter and Tomori was excellent all game and both equally MOTM by far for me. Scott and Palmer really impressive too. Considering the likes of Nouri, Cerny, Van de Beek were playing and Aina was missing, we did fantastically well. Most players were impressive tbh. Think Anderlecht might pose the biggest threat this season.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to know why the inevitably departing Remy is starting ahead of Traore. Not a chance we're winning this

Traore returned late from Internationals. As Willian and Oscar (Thank God) I think.

I'd love to know why the inevitably departing Remy is starting ahead of Traore. Not a chance we're winning this

I'm not saying this with the benefit of hindsight, but why would you think this before the game anyway when we're playing against an awful Villa team?

It's clearly been a season to write off and forget, but I don't think we're at the point where we should be writing off the ability to win against easily the worst team in the league just because the team is slightly weakened.

I'm not saying this with the benefit of hindsight, but why would you think this before the game anyway when we're playing against an awful Villa team?

Villa away is one of the games I always assume we'll lose (along with Everton and Newcastle both away), and to be frank I didn't realise Villa were quite *that* bad

RLC should be starting each of our last 6 games. Ridiculous it took so long to start him again in the PL considering we have had very little to play for and the very poor form by Hazard/Oscar etc. Miazga looked solid but in saying that it was only Villa. I think 11 of us in this thread could run them close.

Havent been here most of the season due to moving jobs etc. Big pre season coming up, be interesting to see what we can actually attract in. I guess we will see if money actually does a lot of the talking.

I would think these 6 games coming up will determine whether he will become a permanent transfer and what happens after Costa is back from suspension.

Really like the look of Baba going forward, if we could work on his defensive side and have Azpi permanently at right back (never want to see Ivanovic there again) then we will be a more balanced team.

Not sure I've ever been more 'meh' about a new manager. Sorry, new "First Team Head Coach". I have nothing against the guy, but it feels like as we seem to not fancy ever having managers more than between 6months to a max of 2 years, I can't really be that bothered about who sits in that seat.

Gianluca Vialli - good

Claudio Ranieri - very good

Carlo Ancelotti - very successful

Roberto Di Matteo - God

Chelsea do have a long history of successful Italian managers, so this could go quite well...

Congrats for getting Conte. He brought us three titles while having mediocre players. He certainly might be able to replicate that with your club who has better players.

"Might" because he doesn't speak English as far as I know. He will make the players sweat bullets every day, especially in the pre-season camps. He prefers players who aren't world-class, but are willing to run for 90 minutes. He's stubborn, and he wants to do everything in his own way. He also doesn't have good records in Europe.

I think Conte is coming in with a view to replicating what he did with Juventus and getting back on their feet. Interested to see how he'll do, I was thinking along the lines of Simeone

At some point a Manager with a slight interest in utilising the promising youth Chelsea have would be nice

Not sure I've ever been more 'meh' about a new manager. Sorry, new "First Team Head Coach". I have nothing against the guy, but it feels like as we seem to not fancy ever having managers more than between 6months to a max of 2 years, I can't really be that bothered about who sits in that seat.

Feel the exact same. Though tbh it didn't matter who we got because out of everyone who was available nobody was exciting me.

I hope he's the sort of manager who wont take any **** from the players and will kick out any divas who aren't willing to give 110% any time they step onto that pitch to play for us. Right now I would only be truly gutted if we got rid of a couple of players, the rest I really don't care.

Players I hope we keep:

1. John Terry - Captain, Leader, Legend. Enough said.

2. Diego Costa - He shows passion on the pitch, perhaps more so than any other player this season.

3. Willian - Constantly gave 100% under Jose Mourinho and probably was the only player who didn't disappear at the start of the season.

4. Zouma - Will hopefully be in our defence for years to come

5. Azpi - He's been extremely reliable in recent years and is only 26!

Don't get me wrong, I wont celebrate players being sold but I don't think I'd get the same feeling I got when Lampard or Drogba left if the rest of the squad leaves.

I think Conte is coming in with a view to replicating what he did with Juventus and getting back on their feet. Interested to see how he'll do, I was thinking along the lines of Simeone

At some point a Manager with a slight interest in utilising the promising youth Chelsea have would be nice

As I said at the time of all the rumours I really don't see Simeone wanting to manage in England, when he leaves Atletico it'll be either to Serie A or to manage Argentina.

Conte comes across as a very 'meh' appointment, will probably do pretty solid work without being anything special.

I hope I'm proven wrong but I am extremely uninspired by the decision to bring in Conte, for a variety of reasons.

A shame really as this was an opportunity to really find a long term manager and build toward that ever elusive 'stability' which we've been yearning for.

Who would your ideal signing have been? Just curious, as it seems to me we just didn't have many options in the end.

Assuming Pochettino was off the table then my pick would have been Sampaoli, but I'm more positive about Conte than I was when he first emerged as the favourite (though maybe that's just blind optimism). As much as anything I don't trust Emenalo and friends to bring in the right players, which would hamstring whoever was manager.

So with a few games left in the season most of us are already looking forward to next season. Without European football next season we may struggle to bring in any big names. Who would everyone's ideal signings be?

For me I really do hope Loftus Cheek features much more next season, there is a lot of talk of Pjanic coming in, just hope this doesn't hinder Loftus Cheek.

Centre back for us is a must (especially if JT goes), Zouma long term injury and still a bit raw and Ivanovic and Cahill both past their prime we must be looking to bring a couple of defenders in. Kostas Manolas has been talked about, anyone more familiar with Serie A have much of an opinion of him?

Off course there is talks about Vidal/Pogba both of which I can never see happenings.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Conte's (or more accurately, the transfer committee) certainly got a lot of work to do before next year. Could be one of our busiest summers for ages.

GK - fully expect all the Courtois rumours to be wrong, but will probably need new back up as Begovic likely to be looking for first team chances elsewhere.

CB - Terry off, Cahill and Ivanovic shouldn't be first team players, Zouma still learning and coming off a bad injury so lots of work to do here.

FB - Azpi should stay at right back but need cover as Ivanovic is not an option, Baba probably too defensively naive for the big games so need a starter here. Ake?

CM - If Matic is really done we need a new CDM as Mikel doesn't do enough to screen, Fabregas can be amazing but been a passenger most of the season.

AM - Hazard may be going, and if not needs to buck up, Willian obviously golden, not convinced by Pedro, also not sure RLC has the skill needed to play this far forward. Always liked him more further back.

S- Remy and Pato probably not around next year, if Costa can play rather than all the dicking around then he's worth keeping but will need cover and Traore as third probably.

Was so jealous watching De Bruyne today, how I wish we'd have given him a chance.

There's hardly any of them I would be disappointed with selling, think the important thing is to give Conte autonomy with the transfers which we obviously won't do. How Abramovich can see this ***** and not think his cronies have anything to answer for is utterly beyond me.

Not sure Azpi should stay on the right either

Archived