Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure the ship has sailed. It is just there are two problems 1) we are 1-3 players short from having a first XI capable of competing in games like last night (DM, CF, RW) 2) there are super clubs who have an absurd array of great players.

How people rate Ramsey depends on what they focus on. I thought he was our best performing midfielder, but I understand why some people were frustrated with him. Aside from Ox, he had the best chances in the game, and didn't really test the keeper. One of his turnover, also almost cost us a goal.

Theo or Welbeck (preferably) up front would be massively beneficial for Alexis that's for sure. Also Cazorla's imminent return means we can get Ramsey back out wide right. Probably our strongest first 11 if these things happen.

Much of Sanchez's problem had nothing to do with anyone else though. He is struggling individually.

How people rate Ramsey depends on what they focus on. I thought he was our best performing midfielder, but I understand why some people were frustrated with him. Aside from Ox, he had the best chances in the game, and didn't really test the keeper. One of his turnover, also almost cost us a goal.

Much of Sanchez's problem had nothing to do with anyone else though. He is struggling individually.

Ramsey was our best player because of the somewhat patronising 'he worked the hardest'. There wasn't much genuine quality in anything we did last night!

Ramsey was our best player because of the somewhat patronising 'he worked the hardest'. There wasn't much genuine quality in anything we did last night!

No, he was our best player because he showed that defensive discipline that people think is lacking from his game, he was statistically our best passer and covered the most ground.

Definitely think that our best players will flourish more individually with Welbeck up front. He's deferential in his touches and passing, yet mobile and strong enough to win his duels. Gives Ramsey more security to bomb forward, Alexis opportunities to attack through the middle and Ozil an extra target running beyond.

I don't like the thought of the constant interchange between Walcott, Welbeck and Alexis. It will confuse the opposition and also our own players if they are popping up in random places especially as the 3 haven't played with each other at all.

It's amazing how Walcott is one of out highest paid player, and he can't even get himself into the starting XI. Giroud has been okay, but what does that say about Walcott that Wenger wouldn't play him even when Giroud is not scoring. Or the fact that Ox, who has been no where near good enough, is also ahead of him for the right wing spot.

Gabriel is a joke defender. Coquelin and Elneny were so passive it's ridiculous. Ramsey played like he was still getting bullied by van Persie plus Alexis and Walcott were awful beyond belief. Genuinely hope Wenger shops him out in the summer. Still glad Pep and Ancelloti are still on the market...

Gabriel is a joke defender. Coquelin and Elneny were so passive it's ridiculous. Ramsey played like he was still getting bullied by van Persie plus Alexis and Walcott were awful beyond belief. Genuinely hope Wenger shops him out in the summer. Still glad Pep and Ancelloti are still on the market...

A bunch of players Wenger needs to offload at some point, big question is going to be whether he wants to commit to extra seasons to carry that out.

A bunch of players Wenger needs to offload at some point' date=' big question is going to be whether he wants to commit to extra seasons to carry that out.[/quote']

Whether he wants to or not should be irrelevant, he shouldn't be allowed to carry on.

I've seen enough.

Scoring two goals is pretty good at OT. Conceding three goals to anyone in the EPL is never acceptable. I'm not too sure what to say at this point. Did any of the outfield player put in a good performance? Anyone at all? Some might have had a couple bright moments, but overall, they were mediocre at best. I don't know what to say at all. This performance drained so much from me. Something about it was just life-sucking.

So are 17 other teams. Bit harsh to belittle them considering how they are played all season.

Depends which way you read it. Man City and Chelsea have the best players in terms of ability and both have massively underperformed. You'd think the clubs in the best position to exploit that would be Arsenal and Man Utd and arguably Liverpool with their resources, but we were in probably the best position of those three because we already had a squad of decent players.

It's not belittling Tottenham or Leicester to suggest that in this situation we really should be doing a whole lot better. We've been poor overall since November and we're still only 5 points off the top!

There's one thing Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool all have in common... they'll all have a different manager starting the 2016-17 campaign than started the 2015-16... except Arsenal.

Archived