England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not unusual the new guy isn't ushered straight into the line but I'd be amazed if Kane doesn't feature and then again for Italy, maybe even starting that one

yeah only happens when the club is named Man Utd or Chelsea iirc :D

i can understand not wanting to mix things up, but it's Lituania ffs, England typical again of being too nervous to experiment in a competitive game, something Germany and top nations do alot

We all said this group was basically a perfect group to bed in the future players to see how they cope as should still get the wins regardless, yet we (or more like Roy) won't do that.

As long as the same style/structure is in place then you should be able to include 1/2 new people in the starting line up to see how they adapt.

We know what Danny can offer as he's been in good goal scoring form this group so far, why not see Kane from the start instead of a possible 15-30 minutes at the end.

As far as I've known football, we've always had some decent CBs, from Adams to Campball to Terry/Rio, but atm we really lack in that area. Jones was hailed the new big thing, but he really has not improved at all since he moved from Blackburn, well not to the levels people had expected (hopefully Shaw won't be the same but could happen), Smalling even though in good form atm always looks shaky and a higher profile Titus Bramble where a huge mistake is always in him, Jagielka had fallen off a cliff edge and Cahil doesn't look as solid as he has been in the past. Not clued up on the future CBs, but it's not looking good for me.

Easy to forget Jones is only 22 though. That's the same age Terry was when he got his first cap. He's got plenty of time to improve

i can understand not wanting to mix things up, but it's Lituania ffs, England typical again of being too nervous to experiment in a competitive game, something Germany and top nations do alot

The flip side of that is dropping someone that has been doing ok for England for no real reason

Kane comes and and is stiffled by a defence and frustrated by a team that we are 'supposed to hammer' (happens a fair bit) and then everyone writes him off

I don't have any problem him coming off the bench

Ian Wright starts off by saying what alot of us are thinking, why are these managers so reluctant to let it happen?

Andy Cole didn't even get capped while @ Newcastle

Yeah there's less competition now but :D

The commentator is a joke, nowhere near Rooney at all and he's shouting his name as if he's scored. :D

I see they removed that from the recap as they came back from commercial. It says a lot for the game that the best first touch i've seen all game was the Ref getting the ball at the half time whistle.

Yeah, one run of note with a pretty aimless cross into the middle and more than one occasion he collected the ball where he choose to not drive forward with it but play a simple option

He's been relatively poor for Liverpool lately too. Don't know whether the contract business is fuddling his brain.

Archived