Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

I'm currently in season 1 played 33 games with Bristol City and have scored 17 goals from corners from a total of 68 goals, so that's 25% of my goals coming from corners. In my last 6 games I have had a total of 59 corners which is an avg of 10 per game. In my opinion these stats seem reasonable however I will take note for the remaining 13 games and see how many corners/goals I produce. I have to admit it seems as though most of the match highlights seems to be where my attacking fullback will have the ball, get down the wing, beat the full back then somehow his cross attempt is blocked and out for a corner. This seems to be quite repetitive and the other annoyance is the easy chances that my strikers will miss when one on one.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This match engine has obvious problems .

- Many cons goals happen , something completely absurd against reality (scored as the ball touches the goalkeeper and goes and is awarded goal against the goal , goals coming from kicks that divert the defender and is awarded goal against the defender , it gets to be ridiculous - the attacker must always be pivilegiado ) !

- A few free-kicks (actually those goals happen much, it should be revised , it is an old problem fm )

- Corner charged , direct out, totally unrealistic way it happens in reality little , and has been happening steadily in fm 14

- Proponents do not anticipate the play of releases of the attackers , an obvious bug !

- Players do not obey the commands of the tactics , we put to defend and they just do not fight the opponent gets to be annoying!

- Players finishing 15 up, kick the ball often to far from the goal, I think it should be better optimized

- The domain of the ball by the player often happens absurdly unrealistic , it seems the ball is live , it hits the player and going forward , it seems you are in a field of ice ... bug that should be fixed !

- Many injuries happen and last for a long time, it is poorly done has to be straightened out (and it happened again, it was an old problem)

What duty are they set on and did you have players available in the box that matched the passing risk and range set for the fullbacks?

Tried various duties within both games as I'm experimenting. Full Backs/Wing Backs. Defend, Support and Attack. Aimed centre and TM.

Right performed an experiment. Went with a 433 so that should have made enough bodies in the box. Started with wing backs and played second half with full backs, both with a cross from deep instruction. Swapped around duties and added things like more direct, cross more often, various cross aims, stay wider as the game went on. Conclusion : No crosses from deep. Rat crossed a few from higher up, O'Brien no crosses at all. I have posted the screenshot below.

I regularly look at the analysis tab and can honestly say I have never seen any deep crosses shown, unless you class deep crosses as from the edge of the opponents penalty area!!

ManUtdvWestHam_AnalysisPerformance.png

- Players do not obey the commands of the tactics , we put to defend and they just do not fight the opponent gets to be annoying!

The defend duty is the total opposite of what you should choose if you want the player to "fight for the ball".

With a defend duty the player looks to get behind the ball, staying between the ball & the goal, only closing down and challenging when he has to.

Gone back to FM13 and loving it. Tried to be patient with FM14 but eventually I could not handle the inconsistent ME. Arguably unplayable with the corner bug and poor defensive AI.

Let's hope the next patch is a ripper. Not holding my breath however:thup:

This match engine has obvious problems .

- Many cons goals happen , something completely absurd against reality (scored as the ball touches the goalkeeper and goes and is awarded goal against the goal , goals coming from kicks that divert the defender and is awarded goal against the defender , it gets to be ridiculous - the attacker must always be pivilegiado ) !

- A few free-kicks (actually those goals happen much, it should be revised , it is an old problem fm )

- Corner charged , direct out, totally unrealistic way it happens in reality little , and has been happening steadily in fm 14

- Proponents do not anticipate the play of releases of the attackers , an obvious bug !

- Players finishing 15 up, kick the ball often to far from the goal, I think it should be better optimized

- The domain of the ball by the player often happens absurdly unrealistic , it seems the ball is live , it hits the player and going forward , it seems you are in a field of ice ... bug that should be fixed !

- Many injuries happen and last for a long time, it is poorly done has to be straightened out (and it happened again, it was an old problem)

If you want any of this to get fixed, I strongly suggest you report it in the bugs forums along with a PKM to support your claims.

Gone back to FM13 and loving it. Tried to be patient with FM14 but eventually I could not handle the inconsistent ME. Arguably unplayable with the corner bug and poor defensive AI.

Let's hope the next patch is a ripper. Not holding my breath however:thup:

Ditto. I've went back to FM13 and having infinitely more fun than I have had in FM14. The ME while not being perfect seems a lot better due to not having the corner/ defence/ keeper AI bugs like FM14.

I've given up any hope with FM14, it's amazing how time and time and time again the same mistakes are being made.

suppose lets see how the next if you want to call it "fix" will maybe sort it out,personally i doubt it all the same,which is a pity.thought better of SI with such games,maybe they are needing a kick up the back door!!!

My Youth Team has just now loss the Final of the Young Cup International. In the final the U-19 manager line-up was good, except for the keeper: despise we have 2 good youngster keeper (4 star ratings) he pick, for this role, a left-back. We loss 3 - 2. Both the keepers was in good condition.

I'm really wondering WHY - and maybe i fear the answer.

If you want any of this to get fixed, I strongly suggest you report it in the bugs forums along with a PKM to support your claims.

Honestly, I'm tired, I love this game and always want the best, always try to help ... Now think a lack of respect for us users do not consult each, making the player a prototype for bad workmanship, more fm is always so good is only in the last patch, I do not put anything else in relation to the reporting engine match why not have more patience, know that they are working and I see that everyone has reported problems.

Pretty shockingly bad if i'm honest. I waited to buy 14 until this patch and it's just awful. It just feels like you have no control over anything that happens on the pitch. There is no defending either way, it's like watching auto racing, or basketball. every player just runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off firing off 25 yard shots. Now, the AI headless chickens put about three of those in per match whereas my gents score on about 1 in 250 shot attempts. Just terrible.

Pretty shockingly bad if i'm honest. I waited to buy 14 until this patch and it's just awful. It just feels like you have no control over anything that happens on the pitch. There is no defending either way, it's like watching auto racing, or basketball. every player just runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off firing off 25 yard shots. Now, the AI headless chickens put about three of those in per match whereas my gents score on about 1 in 250 shot attempts. Just terrible.

Story of my life mate. Go back to FM13. Loving it compared to this current pile of vile.

Can people stop asking when the next patch will be out please :) I would rather wait another month or so. SI need to fix a LOT of aspects of the current build

For the money I paid, I certanly didn't expect to play the game for only 76 hours including beta. It gives me no pleasure at all, and I would like to see at least a little effort to satisfy the customers, since there are so many known bugs. It's not like there HAS to be only one more ME update until FM15. I'm definitely not buying FM15, not after this year's fiasco.

For the money I paid, I certanly didn't expect to play the game for only 76 hours including beta. It gives me no pleasure at all, and I would like to see at least a little effort to satisfy the customers, since there are so many known bugs. It's not like there HAS to be only one more ME update until FM15. I'm definitely not buying FM15, not after this year's fiasco.

100% agree! I played so many FM, and this one is the worst ever(ME, the rest of the game is very good), to many known bugs and still no update...this is the most frustrating thing. They know(the problems) and still release patches(2 until now) with no ME updates, so disrespectful for their customers. I bought the game in november, i waited 3 month for some ME update and it seem i must wait another month...

Why don't SI just allow a decent match engine (eg Patched 2012 version) to just remain (with very minor tweaks) for a few years and then make different changes (eg cosmetics, updating player dbs, improving scouting or tactics), instead of apparently reinventing the wheel all the time so we get these games that are unplayable until January?

I am sure many players would be happy with that.

100% agree! I played so many FM, and this one is the worst ever(ME, the rest of the game is very good), to many known bugs and still no update...this is the most frustrating thing. They know(the problems) and still release patches(2 until now) with no ME updates, so disrespectful for their customers. I bought the game in november, i waited 3 month for some ME update and it seem i must wait another month...

User reviews here went from nuanced to extremely polarized in record time. Do you really think they delay the ME changes on purpose? To mess up your gaming experience and have a laugh about it?

Come on. I'm sure there will be changes made, the right kind of changes. Like you say, the game is very good except for the ME (which I don't disagree with), and I'm sure there's only a few changes that needs to be made in order for the game to be very good again.

The ME is highly intricate and I can imagine that every little tiny change will effect something else. Let them do their work.

To be fair it's the same every year in respect of the fact that the final patch doesn't come out until Feb/March time so we only have ourselves to blame as customers if we buy it in September yet expect it to be a patch free experience then, I didn't buy it till January this year and only when it was on offer because for years I got fed up with not being comfortable in starting a long term save until March time and yet even then the game isn't perfect, like through balls or the lack of in FM13 in my opinion.

This is indeed what is frustrating though. The fact that for example FM12 was so close ME wise and then they tried to reinvent the wheel in FM13 as someone so nicely put it. I mean has any FM game been the finished article after the last patch?? Then why the need to add all new features and gimmicks when the ME, the heart of the game needs the most attention and yet we still see the same issues year after year. So near but yet so far so often in my experience.

To be fair it's the same every year in respect of the fact that the final patch doesn't come out until Feb/March time so we only have ourselves to blame as customers if we buy it in September yet expect it to be a patch free experience then, I didn't buy it till January this year and only when it was on offer because for years I got fed up with not being comfortable in starting a long term save until March time and yet even then the game isn't perfect, like through balls or the lack of in FM13 in my opinion.

This is indeed what is frustrating though. The fact that for example FM14 was so close ME wise and then they tried to reinvent the wheel in FM13 as someone so nicely put it. So near but yet so far so often in my experience.

I agree with you and all the others about declining quality. I really do. I have lost a lot of joy (the fun part of FM) in playing the game, where it peaked with FM12. The last two editions have been sub par all factors considered, mainly due to a badly constructed ME. It really is such a huge part of the game and naturally when this goes to **** the general impression of the game suffers.

TBH I've struggled to enjoy this year and FM13 playing only 2 seasons at a time before rage quitting or quitting due to just not enjoying since FM12, where I played for 25 seasons. Too many tweaks, too many changes for changes sake has turned many people away from the game, all sitting around waiting for the final update to come around.

I can still win with this ME but doing so without any enjoyment or self satisfaction, I sometimes feel so detached from the whole game play. Players not doing as asked, defenders/goalies making some really horrible decisions/majority of goals coming from corners or scrambled corners/strikers inability to round a keeper and score/players talking constant long shots when instructed to take fewer long shots/players unable to control simple passes, making them look like pub team players/defenders unable to make simple defensive headed clearances, causing chaos.

TBH I've struggled to enjoy this year and FM13 playing only 2 seasons at a time before rage quitting or quitting due to just not enjoying since FM12, where I played for 25 seasons. Too many tweaks, too many changes for changes sake has turned many people away from the game, all sitting around waiting for the final update to come around.

I can still win with this ME but doing so without any enjoyment or self satisfaction, I sometimes feel so detached from the whole game play. Players not doing as asked, defenders/goalies making some really horrible decisions/majority of goals coming from corners or scrambled corners/strikers inability to round a keeper and score/players talking constant long shots when instructed to take fewer long shots/players unable to control simple passes, making them look like pub team players/defenders unable to make simple defensive headed clearances, causing chaos.

I've learnt to deal with the goals conceded from mistakes and corners, because it goes both ways. I just had a game in Argentina now where I won in injury time from a horrendous mistake by the opposition GK. Also, when I look at the season as a whole (in May/June) I never feel particularly cheated out of anything.

However, more to what you're saying after that, I can very much relate to. The ME looks and feels very clumsy. Player behavior is, to say the least, strange at times. You have players colliding and losing the ball (giving the opp a chance to score), passes hitting the back of players (giving the opp a chance to score), players with an apparently clear path free of their man turning back or passing backwards, the inability to hit through balls ahead of the player ++++.

Interesting is that if a stricker has long shot PPM, they respect that, and became useless as they will shot in the stand every ball they have, but if they have place shot or round gk they will pass to gk!?! How is that PPM not work in this case?!? Very strange...only bad PPM work. Of course there is no bad PPM for players with 19 long shot(i have Pogba), but for this ME "long shot" PPM killing players. Pogba with 19 long range try every game 5+ long shot and in 50 matches scored 0 goals from them, how real is that 5 *50 games= 250 long shots and 0 goals with 19 attribute for long shot. So what's the difference between a player with 2 long shot attribute and Pogba in this ME?!?

ps: Of course i cannot stop him for shooting long range, in fact i can't stop players without long shot PPM to shot from distance(maybe is my tactic)

You think he is playing well but the ME has calculated he has made a high level of mistakes as shown in the match stats.

Actually, this isn't always true. This ties in to one of the other main complaints, that statistical data doesn't always match up with whats happening. An example; you can see a player be rated as having a pretty crap game, the media blast him, everything in the game points to him playing crap. But in most cases, he's made one minor or major mistake and has been hit with a low rating. It's mostly obvious when you talk to the player, criticise him for his awful performance and he'll usually counter, that hold on, he actually had a decent game.

There's no reason it doesn't work the other way either. For example I've had a player set up an assist and have a solid game on his debut, well worth a 7 or so, he got a six. Christ knows why. >_>

Actually, this isn't always true. This ties in to one of the other main complaints, that statistical data doesn't always match up with whats happening. An example; you can see a player be rated as having a pretty crap game, the media blast him, everything in the game points to him playing crap. But in most cases, he's made one minor or major mistake and has been hit with a low rating. It's mostly obvious when you talk to the player, criticise him for his awful performance and he'll usually counter, that hold on, he actually had a decent game.

There's no reason it doesn't work the other way either. For example I've had a player set up an assist and have a solid game on his debut, well worth a 7 or so, he got a six. Christ knows why. >_>

No, it is true.

What you are describing is where a player makes a mistake which leads to a goal being conceded, this has a significant impact on their match rating.

The assistant advice is linked to the mistakes that a player makes during the match as shown in the match stats and the player's stat section. If I take a random example from my squad I have a DC who in 12 games this season has made 38 mistakes of which none led to a goal being conceded. So we can see he averages around three mistakes per match, I'm not sure at what point the assistant advice would trigger but if he made several mistakes during the course of a match the advice would pop up.

Another thing that annoys me is this. 2-2 at Old Trafford in a Cup Semi Final Second Leg. 4-4 on aggregate.. Extra Time. My Full Back makes a tackle and gets injured - "shakes his head and calls to the bench". I'm out of subs, ok partly my fault but all three were below 70 on fitness,. United score a minute later and I go out. Next day nothing reported about an injury to my full back. No lay off, nothing. Surely a tap on the ankle in a Semi Final he would have soldiered on!!!!

One annoying thing is the "ball control" of some players. I said once and i said again, there is no way that a wrong tactic cause to some players to completely forget how to stop the ball. Especially if the opposite team, also if with a new manager and a new formation (even if technical weakest) never do these errors. Too many times you see your players simply miss the control of the ball causing dangerous counter attacks, too many times you see your players (even the more technical gifted) treat the ball like i treat the ball. In the gardens with friends.

When we are drunked.

It can't be possible that otherwise every team you face knows 100/100 the tactic and play fluid and technician with few errors - nothing compared to your players.

And im saying while im playing a decent career with Sassuolo that finally make me happy. But yet see these things get me down.

In the last 5 games one of my players (Jasmin Kurtic) scored 2 own-goals and he is 15 in "Heading". Maybe a random bad luck, but opponents seems immune to this...

I've learnt to deal with the goals conceded from mistakes and corners, because it goes both ways. I just had a game in Argentina now where I won in injury time from a horrendous mistake by the opposition GK. Also, when I look at the season as a whole (in May/June) I never feel particularly cheated out of anything.

However, more to what you're saying after that, I can very much relate to. The ME looks and feels very clumsy. Player behavior is, to say the least, strange at times. You have players colliding and losing the ball (giving the opp a chance to score), passes hitting the back of players (giving the opp a chance to score), players with an apparently clear path free of their man turning back or passing backwards, the inability to hit through balls ahead of the player ++++.

This happens far too much.

[video=youtube;Jlvx-QdyAJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlvx-QdyAJU

You have 5 players in attacking positions who are offering very little in the way of options & a pair of wing backs who are already flying forward during the first phase, once the initial danger is snuffed out it looks like everyone is once again on a charge forward.

Might be worth looking to slow the pace down a little & control the game through possession of the ball.

The point is, Kondogbia slowly walks the ball into his own player.

The point is, Kondogbia slowly walks the ball into his own player.

It happens IRL as well.

Lets look at the clip though: He receives a short pass when he is facing his own goal, he has one possible passing option to the DCR? he holds the ball and is forced by opposition players in the same direction that the DCL is backpeddling to. The DL & DR have bombed forward not interested in providing a passing option and Kondogbia is trying to make the best of a bad situation caused primarily by your tactics.

Players never get in the way of each other in real football.

My first suggestion would be to look at the roles you are giving players as it looks like your defensive line is encroaching on your central midfield & vice-versa, if you're after help with sorting out your tactics then the T&T forum is very useful.

Of course I'd never rule out a bug but it's not something that I've seen happen all that often, if you're seeing it happen too often & without any obvious tactical/strategic reason behind it then please do post about your examples in the bugs forum

Kondogbia is set to DM/D. Kaboul is set to CD/D. I see players colliding a lot. Opposition as well as mine. I've uploaded this example with a PKM in the bugs forum. I'll upload more when I see them.

It's obviously a poor tactical set up, but there's absolutely no reason the player on the ball wouldn't go back to the centre half who is in 20 yards of space - he has five minutes to do so too! In fact such a pass would almost be instinctive.

Definitely worth posting in the bug forum. It's probably also a bug that his team mate runs so close to him.

It happens IRL as well.

Lets look at the clip though: He receives a short pass when he is facing his own goal, he has one possible passing option to the DCR? he holds the ball and is forced by opposition players in the same direction that the DCL is backpeddling to. The DL & DR have bombed forward not interested in providing a passing option and Kondogbia is trying to make the best of a bad situation caused primarily by your tactics.

This. Although how it happens might be slightly buggy, why it happens is 100% user related.

It happens IRL as well.

The DL and DR are bombing forward I assume as one is set to Attack and the other to Support. As a new player to the game, I found it very hard to get solid info on tactics. So, like a lot of new players I assume, I followed the 12 step guide here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM14-A-Twelve-Step-Guide

The guide states "Make sure you have one Attack duty in defence, generally but not absolutely necessarily combined with one Support Duty". I realise this isn't the place for tactical discussion but, without much else to go on, that's what I did.

The DL and DR are bombing forward I assume as one is set to Attack and the other to Support. As a new player to the game, I found it very hard to get solid info on tactics. So, like a lot of new players I assume, I followed the 12 step guide here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM14-A-Twelve-Step-Guide

The guide states "Make sure you have one Attack duty in defence, generally but not absolutely necessarily combined with one Support Duty". I realise this isn't the place for tactical discussion but, without much else to go on, that's what I did.

What's your mentality and philosophy?

What's your mentality and philosophy?

Fluid as I have two specialist roles (Advanced Playmaker and Treq). Normally control but on that occasion as I was facing a big team I was on counter with More Direct Passing, Drop Deeper, Higher Tempo. The only player instructions for the defence are the two wing backs have Run Wide With Ball.

It happens IRL as well.

This player has these options.

1. Turn to his left to pass the ball forward to the DR who is running forward, with the opposition's left midfielder on his way up.

2. Pass the ball to the other DC who has plenty of time.

3. Pass the ball to the GK who has even more time.

4. Do what he did and get himself in a complete mess.

5. Knock the ball, in panic, anywhere.

6. Give the ball to the midfielder, who's dropping down inside the circle, passing it with his left foot. Although he might not be comfortable using it.

So the player has plenty of options to choose from. That situation there is a player's own decision making.

Of course tactics play a role, but it really shouldn't in a situation like that.

Of course stuff like that happens. Just not so often as it seems to be happening in the game vs real life.

I'm having corner issues, but a bit different to everyone else. First off, because no wide players can cross there are around 35ish corners per match. Really high. Then I have never seen the attacking team (Me or AI) win a header off of a corner. Never. We both score occasionally but it's always a late arriving mid who hits a shot. It just isn't very good.

I'm not moaning about not winning, my journeyman save is going well, results wise, it's just that the ME seems to make every player equally awful. Goals are only scored because of a catastrophic mistake or just simple idiotic play from the defense. It is basically just a game of let's see who screws up first. I think the ME replicates what would happen if you took two teams of 11 people who had never heard of footy and tossed a ball between them and said you guys kick it in there and you guys kick it in there. It's just terrible.

This player has these options.

1. Turn to his left to pass the ball forward to the DR who is running forward, with the opposition's left midfielder on his way up.

2. Pass the ball to the other DC who has plenty of time.

3. Pass the ball to the GK who has even more time.

4. Do what he did and get himself in a complete mess.

5. Knock the ball, in panic, anywhere.

6. Give the ball to the midfielder, who's dropping down inside the circle, passing it with his left foot. Although he might not be comfortable using it.

So the player has plenty of options to choose from. That situation there is a player's own decision making.

Of course tactics play a role, but it really shouldn't in a situation like that.

Of course stuff like that happens. Just not so often as it seems to be happening in the game vs real life.

He was facing away and therefore didn't see the run of the DR while the MC really isn't an option either as by the time he makes himself somewhat available Kondogbia is already under pressure from two opposition players and he has the DCL directly in front of him blocking his wider vision.

Initially the pass to the DCR he probably considered too risky with the ST running through the passing line and being in a position to be in the face of the DCL when he received the pass. The GK was a good option which he chose not to use maybe partially due to the team strategy chosen. Finally he couldn't clear left because of the DCL in his face and he couldn't clear right/forwards due to the two/three opposition players closing him down.

Overall he was short of options and got in a mixup with the DCL.

There are too many instances of serious mis-control by players that lead to dangerous counter attacks. Mark Noble for me fails to control it at times in areas that he seems under no pressure yet he has Balance 15, First touch 15, Passing 16, Composure 16. The only stats that could contribute to this are Concentration 12 and Decisions 12 but not too the serious extent that it happens.

RE The clip. I have long given up with any defender on an attack duty unless you are playing an attacking tactic. I find automatic keeps things a bit tighter. I really think that half the problem now is that there are so many instructions to choose from now the Manager is literally telling each player how to play and if something deviates away from those instructions the player cannot think for himself.

Perhaps someone could tell me if it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm getting really annoyed by getting news items either from one of your parent clubs or a club you've requested a team report from informing you of players willing to join you on loan, only for them to reject you after you've agreed a deal with the club in question.

The worst thing is there's no indication of why they're suddenly not willing to join. Case in question here. In my Sittard save, just announced a new link with Sochaux in France, and I get a report about players willing to come on loan, like so...

erVwN2f.jpg

So, I negotiate a loan deal for this dude (his stats are better than his scout report, and is in a position I'm light in). Sochaux agree to it, then this pops up. With no explanation why. What am I doing wrong here?

pmTOZmE.jpg

He was facing away and therefore didn't see the run of the DR while the MC really isn't an option either as by the time he makes himself somewhat available Kondogbia is already under pressure from two opposition players and he has the DCL directly in front of him blocking his wider vision.

Initially the pass to the DCR he probably considered too risky with the ST running through the passing line and being in a position to be in the face of the DCL when he received the pass. The GK was a good option which he chose not to use maybe partially due to the team strategy chosen. Finally he couldn't clear left because of the DCL in his face and he couldn't clear right/forwards due to the two/three opposition players closing him down.

Overall he was short of options and got in a mixup with the DCL.

Didn't see the run of the DR points towards low composure. As he can't keep himself composed enough in a relatively very easy situation from when he receives the ball. Possibly not a creative player either.

MC is probably the 2nd worst option of his passing option but a better one than the DR. But if he has low composure, and a weak left foot, i can see why he wouldn't try that option.

Passing to the DCR is kind of a no-brainer. Pass it to the DCR and the DCR can control it back to the GK, boot the ball up, get a quick pass to that MC (which probably would've been a bad idea) or just wait a second or two with the ball.

Passing directly to the GK would be a very nice and simple solution. That's an extremely easy one, considering the assumed quality of the team.

He can actually pass it to the DL as well, who can bring it back to the GK.

I don't have a problem with this isolated situation itself, as every player has his panicking moments.

What i do have a problem is that i see these similar situations all the time. I'm playing with comprehensive highlights, just to get that out of the way :D

Decisions that even the rubbish players i'm training with would know what not to do.

Field of view is one thing but players also communicate very vocally. So the player should have a better idea than not to run towards his own player like that.

I don't know....it just seems like tactical instructions, even without individual settings, just has a bit too much impact compared to a player's individual decisions there and then.

My own personal choice there would be passing it to the DR or the GK.

The more i watch the clip the more convinced i am that it's that individual player's decision-making, rather than the set tactic.

At least i hope so. If that isn't the case then that player should be sold immediately, as he has no business on a football pitch as a player :D

Didn't see the run of the DR points towards low composure. As he can't keep himself composed enough in a relatively very easy situation from when he receives the ball. Possibly not a creative player either.

MC is probably the 2nd worst option of his passing option but a better one than the DR. But if he has low composure, and a weak left foot, i can see why he wouldn't try that option.

Passing to the DCR is kind of a no-brainer. Pass it to the DCR and the DCR can control it back to the GK, boot the ball up, get a quick pass to that MC (which probably would've been a bad idea) or just wait a second or two with the ball.

Passing directly to the GK would be a very nice and simple solution. That's an extremely easy one, considering the assumed quality of the team.

He can actually pass it to the DL as well, who can bring it back to the GK.

I don't have a problem with this isolated situation itself, as every player has his panicking moments.

What i do have a problem is that i see these similar situations all the time. I'm playing with comprehensive highlights, just to get that out of the way :D

Decisions that even the rubbish players i'm training with would know what not to do.

Field of view is one thing but players also communicate very vocally. So the player should have a better idea than not to run towards his own player like that.

I don't know....it just seems like tactical instructions, even without individual settings, just has a bit too much impact compared to a player's individual decisions there and then.

My own personal choice there would be passing it to the DR or the GK.

The more i watch the clip the more convinced i am that it's that individual player's decision-making, rather than the set tactic.

At least i hope so. If that isn't the case then that player should be sold immediately, as he has no business on a football pitch as a player :D

Kondogbia has 12 composure 12 decisions and 13 creativity. Very Strong left foot.

That's Weak

Then the player's decision is even worse. That really should've been a simple pass to the DCR or the GK, as he has plenty of time.

If he has the balance, agility and technique as well then a pass to the DR should still be possible, but a worse decision than i initially thought,

as i was thinking of him as a right-footed player.

As an isolated incident it's just a bad decision, which happens.

But there are too many of these kinds of decisions, and they really need some tweaking.

Archived