Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it was perfect, you'd probably long for a bug or two in reality. How many things in life are perfect? Really, I love imperfections, it's what makes things interesting.

So long as they're not glaring stinkers, obviously...

Yeah, that's the one thing I missed on my post. You obviously hope that the bugs left behind aren't the huge ones, and when compared to some that were probably present in the life of the game, they're probably not.

If it was perfect, you'd probably long for a bug or two in reality. How many things in life are perfect? Really, I love imperfections, it's what makes things interesting.

So long as they're not glaring stinkers, obviously...

I'm like you I like a bit more realism and a few wee mistakes, it's when the bugs are glaring and regular that really annoys me and makes me angry at the game. At the moment the ME isn't too bad and is playable but the 3-4 bugs still in game make it hard to watch at times. The very occasional real bloopers by goalies, goals against from corners (no matter how you set up to defend them) and 1st touch/poor passing by so called very good players. I'm on my 4th tactic( I play around with the game till the final update) and so far I've got them all to work with varying degrees, at the moment I'm playing a 3-4-1-2 system which looks very good so far, strikers scoring, defenders defending and very good passing play.

Depends on you tactics, I'm playing a 3-4-1-2 at the moment and averaging around 3-4 per game.

Apparently it's AI tactics because I'm scoring quite a normal amount of goals but they aren't. "It's your tactics" card seems to be a classic in this thread.

Surprisingly enough, thats because tactics are quite important in football. :thup:

Oh yes they are but it is quite annoying that many here have taken it their personal mission to use that argument continuously.

I just tried to raise discussion about what people think number of goals (AI vs AI games doesn't have anything to do with your tactics).

Oh yes they are but it is quite annoying that many here have taken it their personal mission to use that argument continuously.

I just tried to raise discussion about what people think number of goals (AI vs AI games doesn't have anything to do with your tactics).

Well your post never said anything like that. You just stated you thought the number of goals were too low, which if you were talking about your own team, would be down to tactics. If your going to raise a discussion, do so with more detail otherwise this happens. :brock:

No, but in full detail leagues, THEIR tactics will be a major factor.

I think the number of goals in fully-simmed leagues is still a bit high, but not disastrously so.

If your going to raise a discussion, do so with more detail otherwise this happens. :brock:

I understand your point and I promise to be more accurate next time.

I'm also curious to know are others lacking top scorers in their saves? In mine one regen (not my player) just one Golden Shoe (European top scorer) with 23 goals.

Historically, in my experience, AI teams are always low scoring. Not really seen much change in this years game. I think the scoring can always be viewed as low considering the amount of control we as users have over our team. We can make changes the AI just won't be able to due to our random human nature.

But the thing that people don't always seem to realise is that a lot of the time it's true. A large proportion of complaints about the match engine are because of issues in tactics. It's said so much because it's true.

I understand your point and I promise to be more accurate next time.

I'm also curious to know are others lacking top scorers in their saves? In mine one regen (not my player) just one Golden Shoe (European top scorer) with 23 goals.

Best ive seen so far was a guy winning it in the SPL with 38 league goals in as many games, playing in an AI team as well.

why is always in my games such a big amount of goals???

also in my whole league...

im playing in 3.german league...and for example..in 1. and 2. german league there is even half of that...also same goes for all 4. and 5.league..

in 40 games i didnt have a single 0-0 game..and only 1-0 game...

It's a great point ! I wonder do everyone get used to this custom from SI

I can see most of the FMer are really patience, but criticize should be able to drive them better.

There are 6 updates patch since its release but still tons of bugs needs to be fix. And dont forget it is a long-life serie since 2004. Do you guys think it is acceptable?

I never complain a game like this before, it is my most favorite game thats why its make me really sad. Please voice out if you feel the same.

Last year, I wasted 100s of hours not playing the game but analyzing/testing it. Last year. I changed tactics, watched full games, I tried to understand what was going on with different player roles, opposition instructions and playstyles. And with every new patch I had to start my analysis from scratch. In the end I realized that I hadn't even started to play the game. I've been testing (and trying to understand) it. But since the "game" (ME) wasn't really finished, many changes were made after releasing it to the audience. After 4 months of testing/experimenting I decided to "screw this". I'd rather play a game with half the features which does not force me to adapt to different match engines every 4 weeks.

The underlying problem is simple: The demand for a football manager game is huge. Football Manager 201x is very close to being a good game. Too bad, it's been close for more than 10 years now. I stopped buying it and if you think changes are needed (after 10+ years) because you do not really enjoy the game, I suggest you do the same. You probably bought the game to play it, not to post suggestions to a website.

Last year, I wasted 100s of hours not playing the game but analyzing/testing it. Last year. I changed tactics, watched full games, I tried to understand what was going on with different player roles, opposition instructions and playstyles. And with every new patch I had to start my analysis from scratch. In the end I realized that I hadn't even started to play the game. I've been testing (and trying to understand) it. But since the "game" (ME) wasn't really finished, many changes were made after releasing it to the audience. After 4 months of testing/experimenting I decided to "screw this". I'd rather play a game with half the features which does not force me to adapt to different match engines every 4 weeks.

The underlying problem is simple: The demand for a football manager game is huge. Football Manager 201x is very close to being a good game. Too bad, it's been close for more than 10 years now. I stopped buying it and if you think changes are needed (after 10+ years) because you do not really enjoy the game, I suggest you do the same. You probably bought the game to play it, not to post suggestions to a website.

So the real question is why did you waste all that time "testing" the game when you could have been playing it?

I bought FM14 just after release, I've put many hours into playing it since then (Especially since 14.2), I learn as I go along and I enjoy it.

The link is easy to see. FM12/11 is much more fluid with more noticeable individual play, there's much less of that indecisive ambling about that makes 13/14 a frustrating experience for many, less blatantly 'in your face' player errors and if you don't set out to deliberately exploit the through balls to forwards pattern the major statistical numbers are more balanced. It's not a better simulation of a football match largely because there aren't enough passes/possessions but it's not at all hard to see why it can be much less frustrating to watch as a highlights package regardless of wins or losses.

absolutely on the same page here (except one might just say it is the time representation on fm12 translating to less passes/possessions)...new match engine is at least two years from being the same standard as Fm12 representation. Those who deride FM12 for its lack of collision detection and exploit of fast striker thing ive heard so much about need a reality check. So much of new match engine has been praised and in 2/3/4 years time it will ultimately be better than fm12 offering but it’s a long way off. Firstly it would be great to know what is the state of collision detection usage currently…I read something along the lines of with rewrite between this years and last players don’t have ‘real’ collision detection but the ball does (which makes sense as I’ve seen players walk through each other this year…which is fine as far as I’m concerned as it is much much less frequent than the dour/inept passages of play which have to be endured watching games now) ??? is this the case ?

also the exploit of fast forward…the development of current engine to stop this has been lauded in some quarters but this has been done to the detriment of attacking play using through balls etc ( just for the record ronaldo Vs Sweden in real life world cup qualifier exploited this big time so it happens in football). it seems when developing the new match engine a key driver has been eliminating match exploits from previous match engines but this shouldn’t be a starting point for development. The first port of call is obviously to simulate real life football as best as can be done (don’t for a second think I underestimate the difficulty of this task) so that should be the driver of match engine development NOT STOPPING MATCH ENGINE EXPLOITS. I’m not saying stopping previous exploits was SI starting point but it seems this desire to stop previous match exploits has left the development in limbo and establishing a more balanced match engine has proved much more difficult than its previous version. All match engines will ultimately have exploits no matter how well you develop them and if gamers want to exploit them for success then so be it. Personally I found fm14 the easiest ever to have success and have annihilated teams with consummate ease but have abandoned this and last years due to the lack of immersive enticement in that watching repeating patterns of play becoming tedious to the point of turn off (added to ice effect detracting from enjoyment) so please be clear on feedback that when comparing FM12 engine to current engine HAS SIMPLY NOTHING TO DO WITH RELATIVE SUCCESS but a desire to encourage SI to enable some of the key characteristics which FM12 match engine exhibited…fluid attacking play with guile and creativity, player technical and mental attributes being properly reflected and having the discernible effect they should have, an ability to have more detailed tactical and more importantly INDIVIDUAL instructions more clearly reflected/followed by players and enabling players to play more ‘freely’ and properly reflecting their key attributes.

In this year’s version through balls have become more effective in recent updates which is encouraging but there is a distinct lack of intelligent/fluid attacking play with guile etc with those not being simulated at all well. The tactics (ie negative/preventative effect) has been enhanced and that’s also fine but whilst I have said on here before the tactics are overpowered it is certain that tactical effect on the game IS overpowered…I would postulate that the lack of player technical/mental attributes being represented to the level they should be that is what is making tactics overpowered ie in the sense that, fine, tactics have been improved but the ability to break the repetitive tactical patterns which you now see is not at the same level due to effect of player attributes not being well reflected in match engine and thus you don’t see what you did in FM12 in fluid passing & intelligent movement and good decision makin…thus you see lengthy/mundane/ambling patterns repeat far too often. Again in contrast to Fm12 you see players in Fm14 see players have good options but fail to execute/pull the trigger on an opportunity where in FM12 you would see them do so intelligently or as you would expect a player to do so (doesn’t have to execute to the highest standard) but at least try/attempt it

Taking away sliders…again I’m not sure if this was an attempt to prevent match exploits from occurring or is it because match engine currently is just not able to reflect a micro level of control (certainly last year the sliders were there but the effect of them was not reflective of how they should have been) but taking them away has obviously meant there is less control of how you can issue instructions…don’t want to go into the nonsense of ‘oh well in real life, you don’t tell your players to take it down 3/4/5 notches’ because ultimately this is a simulation so how you get your team/players to play how you want it/them to is academic

Essentially wanting teams to play a certain way with guile/creativity/fluid passing/intelligent movement and decision making particularly in the top attacking third was infinitely better represented in FM12 than what the current offering can do…right now that is the bottom line. I suspect it is at least two years away but this is what needs to be worked on not the effect of tactical instructions have on the game

Just on one point. Taking away the sliders has not reduced the number of understandable changes available.

Im sorry to say i couldnt read the first paragraph, its just a wall of txt.

had just edited it before you sent to space it out lol

I wasn't saying the options weren't reduced...I was saying the effect has been

Haha thanks, sorry i know that sounded crappy but it was impossible to read as it was on my work screen :)

I would disagree that the effects are reduced. I've seen my players react to my changes more this year than ever. But i never used the sliders at all, i used the shouts since they came into the game. I feel i have more control this year than in any previous years.

Haha thanks, sorry i know that sounded crappy but it was impossible to read as it was on my work screen :)

I would disagree that the effects are reduced. I've seen my players react to my changes more this year than ever. But i never used the sliders at all, i used the shouts since they came into the game. I feel i have more control this year than in any previous years.

yeah I just posted it and went WHOAA..what is that !!! couldn't read it either

I used the sliders to get team playing fluidly etc but didn't go anywhere near the exploits as no enjoyment out of exploits...I just want to see team playing good football...definitely effects reduced of how you can get team/players playing since they were taken away. I'm not necessarily saying bring them back as I'm sure, in time, the effect sliders had will be enabled with whatever instructions are introduced. I'm sure as well effect of attributes being increased/decision making etc will also help

@ akkm

I don't think its really come as a surprise to most experienced FM users that the ME is still a little clunky in places. Everytime a ME is rewritten from scratch in the CM/FM series its been a case of two steps back and then several steps forward over the next few versions.

It shouldn't come as a shock that when polls are done as to people's favourites/best CM/FM its those towards the end of the ME life cycle that come out best.

Essentially wanting teams to play a certain way with guile/creativity/fluid passing/intelligent movement and decision making particularly in the top attacking third was infinitely better represented in FM12 than what the current offering can do…right now that is the bottom line.

I couldn't disagree more with this. It's taken a (long) while, but I have my current team playing the most pleasing football to the eye I've seen in any version. I'm not winning all the time, but the style of football is great to watch. I haven't seen anything like it in any previous save, and certainly not the far more staccato effort that was the FM12 engine.

@ akkm

I don't think its really come as a surprise to most experienced FM users that the ME is still a little clunky in places. Everytime a ME is rewritten from scratch in the CM/FM series its been a case of two steps back and then several steps forward over the next few versions.

It shouldn't come as a shock that when polls are done as to people's favourites/best CM/FM its those towards the end of the ME life cycle that come out best.

yes I agree and have stated the exact same in other postings...Fm12 was near end of its cycle and took a few years to get it in state it was..i couldn't agree more with that ! also one of the reasons why I say its about 2/3 years away from being in a good state. However, I just think some of the things ive seen in last two years (this year being a vast improvement on last years) are dreadful to say the least...a complete disconnect in places with what goes on on the pitch and the patterns of play are more repetitive than ever seen in any previous versions with individual player attributes having a 'blandness' to them

Essentially wanting teams to play a certain way with guile/creativity/fluid passing/intelligent movement and decision making particularly in the top attacking third was infinitely better represented in FM12 than what the current offering can do…right now that is the bottom line. I suspect it is at least two years away but this is what needs to be worked on not the effect of tactical instructions have on the game
I couldn't disagree more with this. It's taken a (long) while, but I have my current team playing the most pleasing football to the eye I've seen in any version. I'm not winning all the time, but the style of football is great to watch. I haven't seen anything like it in any previous save, and certainly not the far more staccato effort that was the FM12 engine.

Got to say I agree with Dave, but with a caveat. I think the problem people have with FM14 is that the pinnacle of "good football" (which is massive subjective anyway) is possible, but much harder to attain than it was in FM12. I mean, I think I managed quite good football in FM12, and I'm truly awful at the game, and have only started seeing tactics as more than just a formation starting with this version. Combined with this ME seemingly punishing failure far more than others, then it starts to seem to the majority that it doesn't produce good football. It can, but it's tougher now to manage it. At least in my view.

ha interestingly I have noticed the opposite (I'd like to reiterate there has been progress since last year)...BUT the fluid attacking third passages of play are very infrequent in this years version. They come very infrequently at end of passages in middle of the pitch of bland/repetitive patterns where you see bland bland bland then a quick pass move...I don't see the patient/probing play with good movement/decision making in the top third of the pitch trying to break down oppositions defence which I saw in fm12 where my team would be camped edge of box between half way line and their box with long sequences of play where players patiently and intelligently pass and move around.

if you are achieving this (and I mean prolonged dominance with lengthy sequences of attacking passing/fluid play in the top third of the pitch not bland patterns near the middle) I would be interested to know how you achieved it...genuinely

Got to say I agree with Dave, but with a caveat. I think the problem people have with FM14 is that the pinnacle of "good football" (which is massive subjective anyway) is possible, but much harder to attain than it was in FM12. I mean, I think I managed quite good football in FM12, and I'm truly awful at the game, and have only started seeing tactics as more than just a formation starting with this version. Combined with this ME seemingly punishing failure far more than others, then it starts to seem to the majority that it doesn't produce good football. It can, but it's tougher now to manage it. At least in my view.

yes agree it is possible but not to the same degree...it happens more sporadically now...you just don't see lengthy passages of play where say, like a Barcelona team would be totally dominant and camped in another teams half with the play consistently concentrated around a teams penalty area/just outside...barca wouldn't be incisive all the time or even anywhere near it against better teams however they would patiently probe and probe...this was achievable in FM12 with much more frequency/more realistically than it is now even in Fm14...the passing passing takes place much deeper position and that adds to the blandness/repeating/pointless passages of play...again I appreciate that IRL controlled/patient passing occurs in the middle of the pitch (so much so I would point out that the pass attempts by full backs is too high relative to real life as FM has always taken viewpoint that passing to fullback is easier option...if you look at real life and the stats back it up, the true possession teams have a higher number of passes by central defenders/central midfielders than full back...again I do think this has actually improved a little bit in fm14)

if you are achieving this (and I mean prolonged dominance with lengthy sequences of attacking passing/fluid play in the top third of the pitch not bland patterns near the middle) I would be interested to know how you achieved it...genuinely

They key for me was to compress the areas my team plays on the pitch. I normally have a high defensive line coupled with defensive wingers/wide midfielders and either a F9 or DLF depending who I have fit. I also have all my players with an individual instruction to pass shorter. This means my players always have someone available for a pass, and I've seen some stunning one-touch passing moves in the final third. I tend to tweak bits and pieces depending on opponents, and I've also suffered the trade off of being caught with balls over the top. However, I won the Dutch 2nd Divsion with Fortuna Sittard in the first season, and I'm mid-table in the Eredivisie after around 22 games the following year. Given how rubbish I've been in every other save, it's by far the most enjoyable save I've had on FM14 this year, and it's no coincidence that it's also the one I've spent the most time on tactically. Loving the way I can dominate a lot of teams in the final third, I won 4-0 away at PSV earlier in the season, my single greatest performance I've seen in many versions of the game.

Doesn't always work of course, hence why I'm not doing better in the league, but that's more down to the limitations of my current playing personnel. Once I build the team up with better players, I should be able to be far more consistent.

Oh, and I hardly ever score from set pieces. 2 goals from corners so far, 1 direct free kick, and 3 from IFKs, out of 40 goals scored.

The only problem with taking away the sliders is that it was the only visual representation outside of the ME you would get as too what each shout does. Alot of people have mentioned to have the sliders back but just as "read only" as to help with this issue. But in this day and age i think we should get alot more help then the old sliders, the biggest help would probably quite simple to do and Im a little shocked its already not in the game. We already have a tactics screen and what i think would take the game to the next level + make the game more understandable would be to add certain things to the pitch we see on that screen. IE a graphical representation of each shout, if you hover over them you will see its effect on the small pitch, either with defenders pushing up (push up higher) or a small ball being played around to help the understanding of the tempo you are choosing etc etc.

Not only that but you could also implement player roles into that same system, select/hover over a players role on the tactics screen could show you the players movement you would expect to get in the ME with the instructions selected. I think something like this would not only make the game more fun to play but also help to clear up the forums a little which is pretty much filled mostly of people getting directed to the tactics forum.

I know this is probably the wrong thread for this but i couldn't help but to reply. :p

They key for me was to compress the areas my team plays on the pitch. I normally have a high defensive line coupled with defensive wingers/wide midfielders and either a F9 or DLF depending who I have fit. I also have all my players with an individual instruction to pass shorter. This means my players always have someone available for a pass, and I've seen some stunning one-touch passing moves in the final third. I tend to tweak bits and pieces depending on opponents, and I've also suffered the trade off of being caught with balls over the top. However, I won the Dutch 2nd Divsion with Fortuna Sittard in the first season, and I'm mid-table in the Eredivisie after around 22 games the following year. Given how rubbish I've been in every other save, it's by far the most enjoyable save I've had on FM14 this year, and it's no coincidence that it's also the one I've spent the most time on tactically. Loving the way I can dominate a lot of teams in the final third, I won 4-0 away at PSV earlier in the season, my single greatest performance I've seen in many versions of the game.

Doesn't always work of course, hence why I'm not doing better in the league, but that's more down to the limitations of my current playing personnel. Once I build the team up with better players, I should be able to be far more consistent.

Oh, and I hardly ever score from set pieces. 2 goals from corners so far, 1 direct free kick, and 3 from IFKs, out of 40 goals scored.

So, using the logic that has been applied to other versions. Could you argue that you think FM14 is 'better' simply because you are being more successful and the game is easier?

So, using the logic that has been applied to other versions. Could you argue that you think FM14 is 'better' simply because you are being more successful and the game is easier?

No way, because even when I was struggling badly with it (ie almost every save I've had since release, as people will testify), I've still enjoyed it more than any other version so far. Only the final patched FM2013 comes close. Of course, when you do relatively well, and you know you've put the time in youself to achieve this, then it'll obviously heighten the enjoyment more.

I also wouldn't say it's 'easier' in any way, shape or form. Probably the toughest one yet, and that has made it more of a challenge. This current save might turn to sh...., and if it does, I might move on and try something else. I've never been one to have a save last more than 6/7 seasons anyway, but we'll see what happens.

nice one...sounds like a good save. I've had the great one touch passing moves too and its great to see its just the way it unfolds seems too indeterministic in that it follows a passage of play and then breaks the passage so is ultimately a pattern of play with different elements to it as opposed to it being the creative/decision making/individual enabling the good play in itself. I appreciate its ultimately a computer programme but what I mean is its the pattern of play is happening rather than the attributes having the discernible effect of the play which is what it should be simulating ie football has tactics but attacking guile is a reflection of player talents both mental and technical and this is not being well represented/simulated in the current match engine

I think id enjoy this game more, if it were more of a challenge in the long run. Its still a case of once you get past the first 4/5 seasons it just becomes too easy. AI transfers have improved to a point, but you still see the AI throwing away huge money on distinctly average players. Im at the point where im struggling to keep my own interest after 5 years as im so far ahead of the AI its unreal. The only exception in this years version being a team who had a tycoon take over. When it come to Celtic i have a stadium half their size, a much smaller reputation, a wage budget half of theirs, yet im comfortably better than them. It just grates after a while.

I long for a time when the AI is much more advanced.

Just a quick question:

I have these problems:

- Not getting good enough offers for my wanted players. For example, I had DeBruyne and his value was 15m. He requested to go and was listed by request. There were many big teams interested for a looong time and no offers were received. I offered him and got very crappy offers like 9-10m.

Try turning them down and waiting for another offer. I'm not having this problem, sure some of my players go for under the value, especially the ones that don't have a high value.

But I had a massive clearout of players this summer on my save, and sold a lot of players for way over their value. One worth 15m for 20m, One worth 20m for 37,5m and the best was, one player that was worth 9,25m, sold for 30m + 40% of next sale. (that's right next sale, not profit of next sale).

A lot of players were young talents though, that could potentially go on to be really good players, so maybe the problem is isolated to older players?

Negotiating and waiting for better offers etc. usually bumps the prize up, although you may have to patient as all clubs won't go as high.

As soon as you offer out players, for me that fires a massive red flag up that tells the AI "I want rid of this player". As soon as you do that, they'll lowball you. That's negotiating 101. However, if they approach you first, you can get more for them.

so much goals...there isnt 1 game ending 0-0....

the fact is..there isnt much shots overall per games,but there is reeeeally big amount of goals...

What kind of tactic are you using?

Looks like a pretty attacking one which clicks when it clicks, but concedes goals whenever you play a better or equal opponent.

Not thread-worthy and I'd like to know if anybody else is experiencing this (could be patch related):

My Atl. Madrid forward Diego Costa is linked to Chelsea, and have been for 3 straight seasons (that's 6 windows since I took charge). He started off as 'Indispensable', to 'First Team' to finally 'Squad Rotation' over the course of these windows. Not one bid, even though it's 'Major interest' all the time. So every two weeks, every transfer window I'm approached by a journo asking if I'd be willing to sell to Chelsea. "For the right price" is my answer every time. But nothing more happens. No bids, dead silence from the lad Mourinho.

Is this buggy? Or something in that variety?

What kind of tactic are you using?

Looks like a pretty attacking one which clicks when it clicks, but concedes goals whenever you play a better or equal opponent.

im playing classic 4-4-2...with minimal team and player instruction...

results and game dont make sense..now im dominating against stronger teams and im beating them..and im losing from weaker teams...this version of FM just dont have any sense...

im playing classic 4-4-2...with minimal team and player instruction...

results and game dont make sense..now im dominating against stronger teams and im beating them..and im losing from weaker teams...this version of FM just dont have any sense...

Whats a classic 442? roles/duties needed.

and your results make a lot of sense - Against bigger teams who attack you and leave space you do well, against teams who play tight, close down the space at the back and counter exploiting the space you leave you struggle against.

Man if this game is released in the at least 80 countries then 50k is still very low. You are talking about a football simulation of its only kind with millions if not billions of football fans worldwide (in which probably 20% of them are gamers) only 50k play this game? I would be more ambitious than brag about 50k seriously!

Anyhow rants aside, can someone kindly point me to a proper FM tactics guide video on YouTube? I feel they are rare to find, I don't mean to disrespect those who spent hours writing guides here but it's more engaging when you watch a video you know #productionvalue

I think that's 50,000 who are playing online , there are a lot of guys like me that never play online . We need to factor that into the discussion.

We already have a tactics screen and what i think would take the game to the next level + make the game more understandable would be to add certain things to the pitch we see on that screen. IE a graphical representation of each shout, if you hover over them you will see its effect on the small pitch, either with defenders pushing up (push up higher) or a small ball being played around to help the understanding of the tempo you are choosing etc etc.

The problem is that firstly instructions are but one part that interacts dynamically with the match play (others being attributes, match context/situation, etc.). The sliders still form the backbone of the new tactics system, however, be aware that there's more than that now. Reportedly a full back given the exact same "slider instructions" as a limited full back will still make him behave differently, as the limited full back is more prone to clear the ball. Additionally, movement such as the half back dropping in between the CBs shows that SI are starting to move beyond the sliders of old anyway. In that sense, as you mentioned the people objecting to the new system, somewhere down the road, if not already yet, seeing the underlying instructions of old would be a tad moot.

Secondly, the underlying system is quite complex and interacts with each other as well. Let's just say it's certainly tons more complicated than what had officially adviced and theorized by SI prior, and if you dig you will likely find official guides and posts by people like Marc Vaughan on that, if anybody remembers the simple positional pre-sets:

ac5crDv.jpg

Not that this wouldn't be already happening, but it can cause a bit of confusion if you saw cues you'd associate with aggressive closing down maxed out for an individual player and then witness him merely picking his nose whilst the ball carrier strolled just behind him regardless. Evidently, with the tactics system of old and its many notches on each slider, people associated more micro-control on match play than there has really been. A couple of visual cues on the tactics screen would of course be nice, but in parts SI are struggling to document some "instructions" as is (such as fluidity, which personally I find to be of no coincidence) full stop, and then as argued few settings interact fully in isolation (see above).

edit: To be clear, I'm fully with you. It might be a problem, but is one that should be worth tackling.

I often go to opposition managers information tab to see his view of me prior to pre match verbals. Several of them have tendencies shown with what look like up arrows or down arrows. I was wondering:

A) what do the arrows indicate

B) how to interpret tendencies information - are they of any use or just cosmetic

C) whether my manager profile screen will have tendencies added over time

Archived