Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can download other skins though.

I know, but it's a pain in the neck.

Also, i just had Will Hughes sent off in the first ten minutes and i've got no teamtalk option with him. So i can't tell him i'm peeved he was sent off. That's annoying and AGAIN WITH THE BLIND ASSISTANT who after the game is still giving it the didn't see it, up to you crap! This really needs fixed, i know i'm supposed to see it but jeez it's like Assistants are blind!

No. We are pretty much there ME wise but need a period of testing before it can go live. So nothing imminent I am afraid.

Didn't you say something similar last friday,Paul? I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way but you posted last week that you just needed more testing time and the progress was good. Can you give us a rough time frame for the update to come out so that i can not be so engaged in checking back so often in the hope? Please! :)

Didn't you say something similar last friday,Paul? I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way but you posted last week that you just needed more testing time and the progress was good. Can you give us a rough time frame for the update to come out so that i can not be so engaged in checking back so often in the hope? Please! :)

PaulC said this on Tuesday, in this thread:

For those who keep asking we have said repeatedly we will roll out updates as and when we have something better that has completed it's QA cycle.

As yet we have a work in progress situation for the ME, and no date set for any update. However as I also said, we are aiming to release one sooner rather than later.

We have had a couple of good weeks of improvements and testing but are not quite there yet. I'd love to say it will be ready tonight or before the weekend but I can't be specific yet.

Anyway, an overview of ME areas we have worked on so far:

- Player ratings have been tuned a little further

- Defensive lines have been pushed up the pitch a little more reducing shot count for some setups and also reducing crosses a little ( awkward as generally our shot count is about right but some human teams seem to have setups that cause higher ones )

- We've improved the detection of CCC's and Half Chances

- Some work to improve logic of when players should shoot or not

- A fair bit of work to the engagement of opponents who are on the ball

- Fixed that under-hit corner to near post bug

- Fixed keepers getting sent off for walking outside area with ball due to momentum

- Improved goalie short distribution for some setups

- Various other miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes

Back to work now...thanks for your patience and constructive feedback :)

No. We are pretty much there ME wise but need a period of testing before it can go live. So nothing imminent I am afraid.

Paul, when you say nothing imminent, does that mean that tomorrow is unlikely as well?

Ok, an update.

Nothing today or this weekend. We have made some good progress but need more testing time and will not rush anything out before we are sure.

Thanks for your patience.

Paul :)

PaulC said this on Tuesday, in this thread:

I was talking about this! This was posted by Paul last friday.

it be ready when it be ready and I'm sure that is soon enough these things can't be rushed even what is previously said you need to allow more bugs being fixed before it's live

Paul, when you say nothing imminent, does that mean that tomorrow is unlikely as well?

Reading between the lines and IMO of course I won't be expecting anything before the weekend. If everything goes to plan we might get something next week but if issues crop up in testing it may be longer.

Reading between the lines and IMO of course I won't be expecting anything before the weekend. If everything goes to plan we might get something next week but if issues crop up in testing it may be longer.
yes cougar I would imagine it will be next week because probably will use weekend as final testing

Personally if your strikers not scoring it's your tactics or lack of training I wouldn't be certain the update will change that

i watch matches on full when i struggle and tweak tactics a lot; my strikers are getting plenty of chances but they're just too wasteful or reluctant to shoot when it's clearly needed. i don't think i could change that with tactics

Paul has said nothing is imminent, there is no point in speculating what his definition of imminent is

he was not speculating, merely asking a question? Would it not be possible for SI to have a little more communication about the progress of the update? i understand they are reluctant to give dates or make promises they can not keep, but if they know they still have at least, say, 3 days at the very least until the update is released, can they not tell us that? they will not be breaking promises or letting anyone down as they are not saying when the patch will be ready by, just telling us when it definitely won't be ready to save us having to keep checking on here all the time.

As I said the other day don't expect anything this week...testing takes time and I'm sure the majority would prefer it to be right.

Paul's update also means I'll at least complete another season until the update :D I normally hang around in pre-season if an update is close so I can do my tactics again ready for it.

Games unplayable for me, board asked me drop a player and I sold him, keep getting sacked after being top of the league. There's not a chance in hell I'm reloading it as it's taken me hours doing my summer transfers.

Please post some sort of fix please SI.

he was not speculating, merely asking a question? Would it not be possible for SI to have a little more communication about the progress of the update? i understand they are reluctant to give dates or make promises they can not keep, but if they know they still have at least, say, 3 days at the very least until the update is released, can they not tell us that? they will not be breaking promises or letting anyone down as they are not saying when the patch will be ready by, just telling us when it definitely won't be ready to save us having to keep checking on here all the time.

Paul has frequently been dropping in and giving information. He's already said he cant be any more specific with time frames. You don't need to keep checking on here, because when its ready it will dropped with pretty little lead time and a big sticky as usual.

i watch matches on full when i struggle and tweak tactics a lot; my strikers are getting plenty of chances but they're just too wasteful or reluctant to shoot when it's clearly needed. i don't think i could change that with tactics
training perhaps well counter tactics I score plenty of goals

Games unplayable for me, board asked me drop a player and I sold him, keep getting sacked after being top of the league. There's not a chance in hell I'm reloading it as it's taken me hours doing my summer transfers.

game is far from unplayable

Have you reported this in the bugs forum?

Have you actually read his post? It's clearly unplayable for HIM

The way some people go on you'd think SI were releasing the game to us as a favour and we should grateful no matter what condition it is in.

there are solutions to it if you use your head and nobody said they doing is a favour lol, no need rant about it,if you don't have patience or have experience of past versions don't buy and then complain about things we already know will be fixed it's just repeative

game is far from unplayable

That's completely subjective. You may well find it playable. Some do not. I am one of the latter. Whilst I'm sure it will be sorted I'm holding off on starting a proper game at the minute because there is a lack of realism in relation to the number of goals flying in everywhere (including matches I'm not involved with, before you bang the tactics drum). In my view that a game shouldn't be released with some of the glaring weaknesses which require a patch in this version. I've seen it said on here that all games are released like that. Two things: a) I don't care about other games, I've bought this one. And b) Every other developer going ahead with dodgy, customer blind practice is no excuse for this one to do so. I'm sure it isn't deliberate. I'm sure SI thought they were releasing a great game - and in some aspects they have, the off pitch stuff is excellent. But if that's the case it would suggest a longer pre-release testing period is required. And if that isn't possible, then resources should be put in to make it possible.

Exactly. Of course some people say it's unplayable because they are not winning. Those people will complain no matter what SI does or doesn't do. But there are certain aspects of the game that make it unplayable for certain people. Like for me, for example. I put my save on hold. I play in Skrill North and there's a problem (acknowledged and is being fixed i hope) with players not resigning contracts and 90% of players not wanting to sign new contracts with the club so you basically have to look for a whole new squad.

I'm not saying game is not playable. It is, it's probably the best game in the series. I'm saying i'ts not playable for me, because of little things.

That's completely subjective. You may well find it playable. Some do not. I am one of the latter. Whilst I'm sure it will be sorted I'm holding off on starting a proper game at the minute because there is a lack of realism in relation to the number of goals flying in everywhere (including matches I'm not involved with, before you bang the tactics drum). In my view that a game shouldn't be released with some of the glaring weaknesses which require a patch in this version. I've seen it said on here that all games are released like that. Two things: a) I don't care about other games, I've bought this one. And b) Every other developer going ahead with dodgy, customer blind practice is no excuse for this one to do so. I'm sure it isn't deliberate. I'm sure SI thought they were releasing a great game - and in some aspects they have, the off pitch stuff is excellent. But if that's the case it would suggest a longer pre-release testing period is required. And if that isn't possible, then resources should be put in to make it possible.
as I said frog I told him how to solve it but he continues to ignore yes I know some people find it hard but if people are trying to help you solve it not point in repeating the same thing, I know from experience that once patches are done its fine

The way some people go on you'd think SI were releasing the game to us as a favour and we should grateful no matter what condition it is in.

Well in life much like business you'll never please everyone. Whatever you do there will always be a minority that aren't happy.

If SI released a patch today that wasn't ready people would complain, when they do release it people will still complain. Just a few posts up you have a user complaining that last years ME was rubbish despite it being probably the best that anyone has ever released.

We all want the game to be good, we all want the improvements to the ME but we want the improvements done right and not half arsed. Be patient and the patch will be ready when its ready!

As I told him before you can get ingame editor and move him back into the club

As the chap said above, it's unplayable - for me.

I shouldn't have to buy the ingame editor and move him back. I'm not fussed about leaderboards either, but I'd like to know what score I'd get from playing the game and how I rank. Using ingame editor, stops all that.

Is there any fix anybody knows on how to fix this from happening?

Yep all reported in the bugs forum.

Not easy to create perfect game and majority of customers they have, plus there bugs we find and help them, perhaps they should invite customers to try game first so can avoid all this but I'm not sure it will make a difference, at times I found game hard but with patience I know it will be fixed

Surfer, please dial it back.

This isn't the first time I've seen you dismissing issues like this, there's no need for it.

To the guy who posted the issues, please raise them in the bugs forum to make sure SI's dev and testing teams are aware of them. Thanks.

Archived