*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
I didn't notice on the list but has the lack of AI interest in human team players been sorted yet?

Cheers

A tweak has been made for this which should generate more interest from the AI. Doesn't appear to have been included on the changelist though.

Welp had a crash during a match. Also got 2 Red cards in 20 minutes which never happened to my team before.

Non-ME: Will there be a hotfix for the Subscriptions? It's kinda annoying to set them up right in every save.

Besides that pretty good work from my first impressions. Like the Dark-Skin and i'm really glad that the Match-Summary Screen has been fixed.

Keep the good work up, SI!

That's odd, I've got it here - did you raise it on the bugs forum per chance?

I thought this was a well known error, so I did not report in to the bugs forum.

In earlier versions of FM, I could select a random match I've played, and then see all the earlier meetings I've had against that team. Now, I can only see past meetings on upcoming fixtures.

And what happened to match odds? Can't find that anywhere.

This is the update I'm most looking forward to seeing any changes for. Dark skin sounds promising, and not generating a match report when you click a fixture is a huge step forward, and I can appreciate the effort that update in particular must have took.

Sounds like there's been a few other good comestic changes to the UI as well. All good. Further enhancement to what is, already, the best game in the series to date.

I've noticed that leagues you are subscribed too, it shows the odds/preview for each game...is this new with the patch?

Simple fix of pressing don't show items like this, just curious..

Yep those are being shown now. I hoped they also fixed completed transfer subscription, but no :(

• SI Staff
Yes. The problem is we're spread around all 4 English League divisions, and a large number of our league 2 games in particular are played on Tuesdays for some reason.

Edit: As is the JPT I believe.

Yes it was when starting the game and has been ever since. European games are all played on the Wednesday which is proof that it was ticked. The only European fixture not played on a Wednesday was the Super Cup which was played on a Friday.

Lower league fixtures are sheduled for Tuesday games, the JPT and League Cup are also Tuesday fixtures.

There is a problem with the feature.

FWIW, I'm the host of the FMO DeafParrot is talking about. Also, as I said on Twitter, the network game seems to have been largely ignored for this patch which is a crying shame. There are a couple of major problems that I have brought up in the bug forum that require attention.

I've just holidayed through a season in England with the correct options set and Football League fixtures are all being played on Saturday and Wednesday, this extends to the JPT and the European Super Cup.

Could you post a thread in the Bugs Forum about this and upload your save game onto our FTP so that we can see if something is going wrong with your save game. Thanks.

Fixed scrollbar losing focus on individual training screen

If I click the headers in training screen the players no longer get sorted. It's possible to click the header, but nothing changes.

Before the update it was possible to sort the players, but everytime the individual focus changed the focus got lost.

cpg3fy5g51d.png

Tried with default and dark skin.

Thoughts..

Everything is much faster and snappy in the UI, which is hugely pleasing.

Seems to be a good change to AI transfers too... the likes of heitinga etc are getting targeted, as they should do.

Similarly, My players seem to be getting a lot more attention, and selling seems to be easier. :

sAYTJ.png?2

So yeah, since the update a news item is generated for every team in the leagues fixture that week if you have the league ticked in subscriptions. This didn't happen before.

Edit : This is really annoying, the only way to save having 30 fixture news items 3x per week is to completely remove the league from subscriptions.

yeah, I don't know if this is intended or not but it's really really annoying. As a smaller Prem side I like getting key info on Championship and League One to help find young talent etc, I don't need in-depth previews of Scunthorpe vs Donny every week. God knows how annoying the FA Cup and stuff will be when I get to them

yeah, I don't know if this is intended or not but it's really really annoying. As a smaller Prem side I like getting key info on Championship and League One to help find young talent etc, I don't need in-depth previews of Scunthorpe vs Donny every week. God knows how annoying the FA Cup and stuff will be when I get to them
Doesn't the fix SI have already given work?
I believe if you turn off the pre-match media in the manage subscriptions section this should fix the issue.

If I click the headers in training screen the players no longer get sorted. It's possible to click the header, but nothing changes.

Before the update it was possible to sort the players, but everytime the individual focus changed the focus got lost.

cpg3fy5g51d.png

Tried with default and dark skin.

Compared it functionally with the light skin?

Logged in bugs forum?

Hi, maybe a stupid question...I'd like very much reading the feedback before pdating the game, and in the meantime play with 13.1.3...is it possible? have to put steam offline? or update is forced when launching the game?

I believe there is a setting in the steam library to "don't update this game" or something. Right-click on the game and go to properties/ updates and select "don't update automatically". Now, whether that works or not I do not know.

Thoughts..

Everything is much faster and snappy in the UI, which is hugely pleasing.

Seems to be a good change to AI transfers too... the likes of heitinga etc are getting targeted, as they should do.

Similarly, My players seem to be getting a lot more attention, and selling seems to be easier. :

sAYTJ.png?2

If any of this turns out to be true, I'll be a happy man once I'm home tonight.

just loaded my editted database and custom cups are still not seeding properly

yet its stated as being fixed in changelsit for this patch in the editor part

so have i got to rebuild it using updated editor to get seeding to work properly for custom cups

First look at the dark skin and I think it looks great, so much easier on the eyes and it's great to see the match reports load instantaneously now. The whole game just feels that bit quicker aswell now, really good job. Looking forward to my first transfer window as I really want to see the AI take a much bigger interest in my players, that's the only thing that really bothers me with this game so hopefully the improvements there will be noticeable.

My thoughts after 3 matches....

There is no visual of what is actually going on in the match. I won 2 and lost one (8-0). But all i am seeing is chances coming from individuality. Whether that's a bit of brilliance or a mistake. I have my highlights set to 'extended' but i couldn't tell you why my tactic worked or didn't because everything was about a player doing something magical or terrible. It's been like this throughout this year. With the tactics you simply have to guess with your changes because i am finding it impossible to judge my tactics by what is going on in the match. It's just full of my team making mistakes when i lose and their team making mistakes when i win.

Also, pass choices on the ball are still terrible. There has been an obvious simple through ball right in front of them but then they will spread the ball outwide. There has been a simple 5 yard available but they chose to kick it long (even tho passing is set to short)

Next, i have a player set to stay at the edge of the area when defending corners but as soon as the corner has been taken he will turn around and run 5 yards towards his own goal for no apparent reason leaving the opposition player free (they are also extremely slow to react when a ball does drop outside the area where as the attacker will be there before the defender moves 5 yards)

Constantly 2 or 3 players closing down 1 man even if they are already marking someone which means players are left being un marked (marking is set man to man)

In my last game i saw my defender move away from the ball which was 2 yards infront of him to let an attacker 10 yards away from him run in and have a free shot

The jumping on this game has always wound me up. Players constantly just jump and will then drift in the air so they can head the ball

The angle defenders run at when a pacey attacker is dribbling at them constantly means it's easy for the attacker to get past (you will also see 2 or 3 players chasing the player and leaving massive gaps in the defense)

A through ball was just played right in front of my defender only for him to ignore it and run past it for the striker to tap the ball into the back of the net (cos the keeper had come out to close down the player who passed it)

My player knocks the ball ahead of him and a defender who is about 2 yards away from it decides to run the other way for my player to continue his run and then get a shot away

The keepers passing from open play is inconsistent. I have it set to short and sometimes he will do that and sometimes he will just poorly kick it up the field. The amount of pressure being put on him seems to have little influence

I have also set my CB to collect which he does and even tho he is free the goal kicks are going to my other defenders at times but mostly get kicked long

I don't expect the game to be perfect but in nearly every highlight i watch there are just blatant flaws in the match engine and the fact tactics show so little in the highlights you do see makes it extremely difficult to play the game

Some people have accepted and will continue to accept that this is just the way the game is but personally i will not accept it because when you pay so much for a game you expect it to be of a high standard. All the previous games comfortably reached that standard but this one is just terrible and a lot of work to be done and it looks like the decision to use this match engine has ruined the game

and before someone comments with 'it's your tactics' or 'look in the tactics forum for help' i'm having no problem with my tactics and i also replayed the spurs game (when i lost 8-0) and i won 3-1 despite making no changes at all. There is just no consistency with this game. you can find yourself beating Chelsea 4-1 one game and then the next losing 5-0 to Cardiff. You lose 8-0 to spurs, rage quit, play it again with no changes and win 3-1. I just can't make any sense out of this game. It all just seems to random

"Nice patch !!! " :thdn:

[video=youtube;Vqf8zJ8XVus]

:lol:

That's pretty bad, but I've seen nothing but improvements so far in my save. Far to early to judge anyway, so take that mistake as a pinch of salt.

Plus, wrong thread; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339001-Match-Engine-Update-13.2-ME-feedback-here-please

Maybe the thread titles need to be made even more clear (mods?)?

This is the NON-ME thread.

@RobertPage: Log the worst but least obvious of those in the bugs forum as I'm pretty sure SI will continue to work on the game for later patching alongside the January transfer update.

My thoughts after 3 matches....

There is no visual of what is actually going on in the match. I won 2 and lost one (8-0). But all i am seeing is chances coming from individuality. Whether that's a bit of brilliance or a mistake. I have my highlights set to 'extended' but i couldn't tell you why my tactic worked or didn't because everything was about a player doing something magical or terrible. It's been like this throughout this year. With the tactics you simply have to guess with your changes because i am finding it impossible to judge my tactics by what is going on in the match. It's just full of my team making mistakes when i lose and their team making mistakes when i win.

Also, pass choices on the ball are still terrible. There has been an obvious simple through ball right in front of them but then they will spread the ball outwide. There has been a simple 5 yard available but they chose to kick it long (even tho passing is set to short)

Next, i have a player set to stay at the edge of the area when defending corners but as soon as the corner has been taken he will turn around and run 5 yards towards his own goal for no apparent reason leaving the opposition player free (they are also extremely slow to react when a ball does drop outside the area where as the attacker will be there before the defender moves 5 yards)

Constantly 2 or 3 players closing down 1 man even if they are already marking someone which means players are left being un marked (marking is set man to man)

In my last game i saw my defender move away from the ball which was 2 yards infront of him to let an attacker 10 yards away from him run in and have a free shot

The jumping on this game has always wound me up. Players constantly just jump and will then drift in the air so they can head the ball

The angle defenders run at when a pacey attacker is dribbling at them constantly means it's easy for the attacker to get past (you will also see 2 or 3 players chasing the player and leaving massive gaps in the defense)

A through ball was just played right in front of my defender only for him to ignore it and run past it for the striker to tap the ball into the back of the net (cos the keeper had come out to close down the player who passed it)

My player knocks the ball ahead of him and a defender who is about 2 yards away from it decides to run the other way for my player to continue his run and then get a shot away

The keepers passing from open play is inconsistent. I have it set to short and sometimes he will do that and sometimes he will just poorly kick it up the field. The amount of pressure being put on him seems to have little influence

I have also set my CB to collect which he does and even tho he is free the goal kicks are going to my other defenders at times but mostly get kicked long

I don't expect the game to be perfect but in nearly every highlight i watch there are just blatant flaws in the match engine and the fact tactics show so little in the highlights you do see makes it extremely difficult to play the game

Some people have accepted and will continue to accept that this is just the way the game is but personally i will not accept it because when you pay so much for a game you expect it to be of a high standard. All the previous games comfortably reached that standard but this one is just terrible and a lot of work to be done and it looks like the decision to use this match engine has ruined the game

and before someone comments with 'it's your tactics' or 'look in the tactics forum for help' i'm having no problem with my tactics and i also replayed the spurs game (when i lost 8-0) and i won 3-1 despite making no changes at all. There is just no consistency with this game. you can find yourself beating Chelsea 4-1 one game and then the next losing 5-0 to Cardiff. You lose 8-0 to spurs, rage quit, play it again with no changes and win 3-1. I just can't make any sense out of this game. It all just seems to random

I have always noticed that. Tbf 3/4 of the time they will pass it short and another quarter they will just do what they want.

For those reporting an increase in news for subscribed competitions:

- If you're playing from a pre-patch save game it will have checked "Pre-Match Media" and "Refereeing Performances" as active in the Manage Subscriptions screen. If you don't want these, just uncheck them and you won't see them again.

- If you play a new game with the update these items will NOT be checked by default.

I believe this is a slight knock-on from fixes that went in to the subscription system. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Is the Stadium building bug fixed yet ?

My new Everton stadium is still stuck in "Planning" even though its past the completion date and it has really taken the enjoyment out my save as i was so chuffed when i thought i was getting a new stadium !

Thanks.

Archived