Quite possibly my best comeback ever in CM/FM history. What's yours?!

343razc.jpg

3-1 down away from home, my DR was injured just a moment after scoring an OWN GOAL! Had to play a DC/DMC in his place!

came back to win it 4-3. Still fist pumping the win. Going to be dreaming about that result tonight that's for sure!

Anyone had a fantastic comeback?

And to make it worse, the player that got injured after scoring an own goal, gave away a penalty for Real Madrids 1st goal! What a disaster that lad had!

hmf yesterday i shockingly went 2-0 down by halftime, playing as belgium against slovenia for EK qualifiers

came back to win 3-2, the winner coming from a direct freekick just outside the box in the 89' minute

maybe not the best ever comeback, but surely the one most fresh in my memory :)

Had a couple on my Pentagon quests.

Recently playing as LA Galaxy and up against Chivas in the NACL Final. I go into the second leg 2-0 down and lucky that it's that low. I go out all guns blazing in the 2nd leg and race into a 2-0 lead, but still chase that crucial third goal. They score again, giving them an away goal, and meaning we needed two in the remaining twenty minutes to win. We got them, and won 4-1 on the night, 4-3 on aggregate.

Better than that though was my first and only attempt at the African Champions League with Sundowns on FM12. Can't remember who I was playing, but they thumped me 6-0 in the first leg of the final at their home ground, and it looked like it was all over bar the shouting. Or should I say "the shooting", because we went back to Johannesburg and won 8-0. The most unbelievable game I have ever seen. Needless to say, the players earned their bonus. I would try and find a screenshot from over on SUSIE, but think they got purged when FM13 came out.

EDIT: Actually, I stand corrected, it was a 6-0 win after being 5-2 down after the first leg...

SundownsvZamalekInformation_Overview2.png

Still, one of my finest comebacks at a very important time.

And then this happens!

etrtwh.jpg

Truly am gobsmacked! Was still anyones match after their 81st minute goal. They needed 1 goal to take it to extra time. But my Barcelona scored it late on. My most proudest moment in the history of this game despite myself doing alot of great things on CM/FM.

I've had some great ones in my current save including coming back fro 3-1 down to Man City and winning 5-3 in my first season in the Premier League and that was in the middle of a really crap run of form with City being top of the league. A couple of season ago now so I can't take a screenie but my most recent one was this result against Blackburn when I was challenging for a CL spot (which I didn't quite make) and with two minutes left I was 2-0 down only to win 3-2 after 7 minutes of stoppage time. Got me some Fergie time.:D

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t498/martyfm78/LeicestervBlackburn_OverviewOverview.png[/img]"]LeicestervBlackburn_OverviewOverview.png

A 2-legged one from earlier this year. Lost the home leg of a CL semi final with Man Utd, then went 2-0 down away. I really thought it was over, but we turned it around with 4 goals to win the game 4-2 and the tie 5-4! In thefinal we were 2-1 down in extra-time to Inter until the last 8 minutes when 3 goals gave us a 4-2 win. As I was Milan that was especially sweet. Rarely has a CL win been so hard fought.

Playing with Schalke away at Koln..and I am down 4-0 after 60 minutes. Koln got 3 penalties. I end up winning the game 4-6..lol. Unbeliavable! And it changed my whole season for the better.

6 goals in 30 mins ? how ? would love to see a screenshot ...

6 goals in 30 mins ? how ? would love to see a screenshot ...

i don't know, I was so furious that they had 3 penalties and put it to only commentary and suddenly I scored every shot..lol..Marko Marin came in and changed the game..if I can get the screen I'll put it up, it was 2 seasons ago, I don't know if I'll be able to enter match report.

reached the CL final in my first season .

Bayern-manutdclsemifinal12-13.jpg

first leg 4-2 win against bayern, second leg after 37 minutes , hummels and Jones received second yellow. played 63 minutes with 9 against 11 and .. lost 3-2 (Kagawa in scored the 3-2 in 93th minute)

and then the final..

CL12-13.jpg

FM08 - UCL Semi Final First Leg - Chelsea 3-0 Arsenal - then we got 1-0 down in the 2nd minute of the 2nd leg at home, before scoring 5 goals and winning 5-1 on the night, 5-4 on aggregate.

Recently was 3-0 down away to QPR and came back to win 4-3. That was very satisfying!

reached the CL final in my first season .

Bayern-manutdclsemifinal12-13.jpg

first leg 4-2 win against bayern, second leg after 37 minutes , hummels and Jones received second yellow. played 63 minutes with 9 against 11 and .. lost 3-2 (Kagawa in scored the 3-2 in 93th minute)

and then the final..

CL12-13.jpg

Did you set your team to hard tackling or something? Surprised you had any players left for the final!

Did you set your team to hard tackling or something? Surprised you had any players left for the final!

only my MCL(ball winning ) had hard tackle.. it was idd a weird final and semi final with many cards..

The goal from kagawa was really an explosion of joy :)(something i didn't felt since the CM days.. :))

I'm 2-0 down against Real Madrid in the Champions League Final as Oxford in the 90th minute. I'm also already down to 10 men after my left-back got his marching orders at the end of the first half.

I then score twice in the 90th and 94th minute to take the game to extra time and go on to win after Real score an own goal.

latecl.png

I'm 2-0 down against Real Madrid in the Champions League Final as Oxford in the 90th minute. I'm also already down to 10 men after my left-back got his marching orders at the end of the first half.

I then score twice in the 90th and 94th minute to take the game to extra time and go on to win after Real score an own goal.

latecl.png

That has to be the best EVER.....

Oxford... away to Real...

Champions League final....

and you ended up winning after 2-0 down and losing a man...............

You should get a Steam award for that one... lol

to go on with mine, I was hoping I'd have to atleast get a point in the league playing away to real madrid but it wasnt to be. All I had to do was get a point the league game before it. Really wanted it to be the Madrid game.

However, I have real madrid in the champions league semi final, in the iddle of that, I have the away game to real madrid in the league!

If all goes well, I'll be playing my old liverpool club in the champions league final!

I wouldn't mind if they won it to be honest.

That oxford result above is amazing

Manchester United 4-5 Arsenal (Premier Division)

Arsenal came out on top in a goal extravaganza against Manchester United.

With neither side concentrating on defence, the goals flowed freely at both ends and the crowd will have gone home happy at the entertainment provided.

Striker Wayne Rooney got Manchester United off to a flyer by scoring a well timed finish from close range on 8 minutes. An error from Arsenal's Gervinho allowed Rooney to score an audacious lob from 25 yards. Rooney added his 3rd goal of the game with a powerful effort on 20 minutes.

Tireless midfielder Jack Wilshere pulled one back for Arsenal after 25 minutes with a tap-in. Explosive striker Theo Walcott pulled one back for Arsenal after 26 minutes with a close range effort.

Walcott equalised for Arsenal in the 34th minute with a simple finish from close in. Midfielder Shinji Kagawa put Manchester United in front in the 40th minute with a placed shot from 22 yards.

Walcott equalised for Arsenal in the 61st minute with a well struck effort. Midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong scored what proved to be the winner on 77 minutes with a deftly executed finish.

Manchester United were nearly gifted a goal on 89 minutes through Senad Lulic's lapse in concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them.

Player of the Match: Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Attendance: 94,731

3-0 down after 20 minutes away from home, so this one ranks very, very highly for me.

FM11, Champions League knockout round, playing as Lyon, vs. Manchester City. City won the first leg at home 3-0. Second leg was 3-0 to us after 90 minutes, scored another four in extra time to win 7-3 on aggregate.

That has to be the best EVER.....

Oxford... away to Real...

Champions League final....

and you ended up winning after 2-0 down and losing a man...............

You should get a Steam award for that one... lol

Yeah I couldn't believe it either. They completely outplayed us too. Our injury time goals came out of nowhere and to then go on and win on a Real Madrid own goal in extra time was incredible.

The fact that is was a Champions League Final made it even more remarkable.

beat this lot 0-5 in the previous match in Johnstones paint trophy, and was outplayed throughout.

was astonished when we went 2-0 down, started playing after 30 minutes, far better then at any point in the 5-0 game.

come half time. dont think much will come out of it, a point at best as a lot were going of shots were going astray at the end of the first half.

F8E1E18BB9D2BC582B9E4E65393BF70C204C4633

3 goals in 5 minutes, 2 from my in-form poacher, he gets injured, bring on my even better poacher and current league top scorer by 11 goals (now 13 lol), so much firepower

Best comeback I ever had was in CM 97-98, I think. My AC Milan side played Juventus in the Coppa Italia final and got smashed 4-0 at home in the first leg. Arse. So I went for it in the second leg at Juve, went in 1-0 up at half-time and got it back to 4-4 on agg. And then I won on penalties :thup:

343razc.jpg

3-1 down away from home, my DR was injured just a moment after scoring an OWN GOAL! Had to play a DC/DMC in his place!

came back to win it 4-3. Still fist pumping the win. Going to be dreaming about that result tonight that's for sure!

Anyone had a fantastic comeback?

And to make it worse, the player that got injured after scoring an own goal, gave away a penalty for Real Madrids 1st goal! What a disaster that lad had!

2-1 was mine actually in the FA Cup. Playing horrifically, brought a sub on and he changed the game. Not pretty, not outstanding, but most memorable.

Wouldn't like to say over every game in the series, but my most recent was...

4-1 down at half time, to Man Utd, at old Trafford in the Semi of the Capital One cup. A goal 2 minutes into injury time gets me back to 4-3, setting me up to win the second leg at home 2-0.

Loved that I tell you.

Archived