*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't really want to start a new thread for this so will ask here. Shouldn't my board be happy with me for turning down a higher reputation club when offered a job by them? Roma came in for me and asked me to take over but I said no as I wanted to see out my project at Parma, but my board didn't bat an eyelid. Should I be concerned?

No, don't be concerned... It seems that the Board will be happy if there is a press release linking you to a job, but not if there is just an offer coming in and you directly decline it.

No, not a bug... just the result of the many tweaks implemented in the current patch.... I think i'm safe in saying it will be one of the main points looking to be solved in the upcoming patch.. which will probably be a result of tweaks to defending.

Unsure whether to start a new save now or wait :(

Having played the game for few seasons...

* AI does not develop youngsters. It is pretty much completely broken and should be focused extensively.

* The injuries are harsh if you do not try to avoid them.

In general would that the day the game requires you to watch most of the matches to get enjoyment out of it is the day the game goes R.I.P for many gamers.

Refering to the "shouts" mostly. Don't like them at all.

What dont you like about the shouts?

Basically nothing in general. Those forces users to watch the bulk of the games to get anything useful from them. Which in return means that the seasons slow down A LOT... etc etc.

Actually don't know anyone who watches "full" games... well maybe we have thing called RL and want to progress.

Thankfully you can get plug and play tactics still to work.

I think the "tone choices" available in press conferences are utterly pointless.

Also find the media reports of said conferences to be bordering on ridiculous. I often see "Frank Serpico has built a reputation of approaching press conferences in a calm fashion" which just makes me laugh.

I've never once in my life read a news report (IRL) that included something like "Jose Mourinho replied, assertively..." or "Alex Ferguson has been known to switch between calm and aggressive in equal measure during press conferences..." :D

Agreed, and have posted the same before. Miles has some cheek smugly pointing out this 'new feature' in his videos. Given that it is already a cert I will buy FM 14, despite the love/hate relationship that is inherent to addictions, I think I will avoid next years videos, just so I feel slightly less cheated

Basically nothing in general. Those forces users to watch the bulk of the games to get anything useful from them. Which in return means that the seasons slow down A LOT... etc etc.

Actually don't know anyone who watches "full" games... well maybe we have thing called RL and want to progress.

Your post makes no sense, i asked what you didnt like about shouts you seem to have replied, "nothing in general"?

Your post makes no sense, i asked what you didnt like about shouts you seem to have replied, "nothing in general"?

..and I did not ask your opinions or anything else on that matter. This is feedback thread.. negative or positive.

As for your "question".. in general = you are forced to watch the games.. bad idea in the longrun.

So.. now that you are happy mind your own business and keep this thread on the topic. Thank you.

I really wish there was an "ask assistant to implement shouts" option, just like there's one for team talks and opposition instructions.

FML also had a "shout creator" type of thing, where you set up a system based on current score (etc) that would automatically apply shouts for you. So ie. If you set the match plan to apply Shouts A, B and C when your team goes 1-0 down, those shouts would automatically apply themselves when you went 1-0 down. You could also automate substitutes and other things in it. FM is crying out for the match plan feature.

..and I did not ask your opinions or anything else on that matter. This is feedback thread.. negative or positive.

As for your "question".. in general = you are forced to watch the games.. bad idea in the longrun.

So.. now that you are happy mind your own business and keep this thread on the topic. Thank you.

All i did was ask you to clarify as your post made no sense, no need for the hostility here.

I watch the games in highlight mode and use shouts, so your incorrect with that statement im afraid.

No, they're all fixed by the patch.

Not true.

Fair enough. Just a quick question then, how come in the editor Pension Employer Tax still shows as 38%?
It shouldn't, and it's an error on our part that it still does.

You should adjust the 'Pension Employer' Tax rate found in the editor (Nations > Italy > Tax) from 38% to 23%.

Cheers.

I was just wondering if someone knows what to do in this situation: I've been playing for 7 hours straight without saving and suddenly the game crashed in the middle of my CL quarter-final match. I don't have any problems with crashes and actually this is the first one since purchasing FM13. I'm a little downhearted (of course) but actually I'm not too worried about the save itself. My problem is that after it crashed it started updating FM13 - which I don't understand when there is no update. Of course I am on the latest update, so no need to ask (it's automatic through steam) - but now the update is suspended and it won't launch the game until it's updated...

So, stuck on 0%... I have restarted everything and still same same...

I dont see why si just dont release some info as when its expected u got some people on here not even properly starting the game yet they bought over a month ago could you imagin the grief microsoft wld get if halo 4 was bugged and no one gave any info on a patch. Seems madness to me

Because THEY DON'T KNOW, when will you people get it? Until it's fully tested thay can't give any prediction and once it is ready they release it straight away.

It really is that simple.

Er I play halo 4 all the time and am a member of their forums and if theirs a prob u get good feedback detailing what their proposing to fix snd when and u dont get messages like " why dont u people get it" surely if it wasnt for us people there would be no si or football manager or u mods.

I was just asking there was no aggression or anything I just think and its my opinion that there should be some transparency from si they should let the people no whats going on hows the patch doing etc.

Love when the game was coming out how they were all over the forums aboht new features and marketing the game and now silince.

If we say anything we just just slapped down by the mods

Just saying

Er I play halo 4 all the time and am a member of their forums and if theirs a prob u get good feedback detailing what their proposing to fix snd when and u dont get messages like " why dont u people get it" surely if it wasnt for us people there would be no si or football manager or u mods.

I was just asking there was no aggression or anything I just think and its my opinion that there should be some transparency from si they should let the people no whats going on hows the patch doing etc.

Love when the game was coming out how they were all over the forums aboht new features and marketing the game and now silince.

If we say anything we just just slapped down by the mods

Just saying

See Kriss' post above. It's really that simple. They don't give info until fixes are nearly ready for release. How can they tell us something they don't know?

See Kriss' post above. It's really that simple. They don't give info until fixes are nearly ready for release. How can they tell us something they don't know?

A regular update from a SI official (rather than the Mods) saying nothing more than things are proceeding well with the patch but a release date is not yet known would stop users asking. If they have completed a fix that is to be in the patch they could include that in the post.

All people want is official information, not a wall of silence. In an information vacuum people will speculate and complain a lot more.

A regular update from a SI official (rather than the Mods) saying nothing more than things are proceeding well with the patch but a release date is not yet known would stop users asking. If they have completed a fix that is to be in the patch they could include that in the post.

All people want is official information, not a wall of silence. In an information vacuum people will speculate and complain a lot more.

They already said a patch has been aimed before Christmas. But there is no set date. PaulC himself said this, cant get much more official than that. It hasn't stopped people asking.

i dont know if this is in right category.

after the new 13.1.3 update i started a new game but will not go past 27th july without crashing?! and also i cannot change staff responsibilties without it crashing!! it comes up with a crash dump message. is there anyway to fix this? was fine until this update!!!

any help appreciated

after the new 13.1.3 update i started a new game but will not go past 27th july without crashing?! and also i cannot change staff responsibilties without it crashing!! it comes up with a crash dump message. is there anyway to fix this? was fine until this update!!!

any help appreciated

Care to share the crash dump message?

2. I don't think the tax bug is fixed (at least not in saved games - I was 5 seasons in using an English league at the time of the last update). I understand tax is based on the profit made in the previous season. In my current game I made £50m profit last season and am now paying over £4m a month in tax. That's nearly 100%!

Sorry for lateness of reply, but there is also 20% VAT (tax) on income (ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money etc.) that you need to factor into this. The corporation tax (tax on profits) you describe is only one element of tax.

I still cannot see page 50 so it'll be a while until I see a reply to this I'm sure, but I've just made an enquiry for a player that is transfer listed and the selling club have said he's not for sale at any price. This isn't right, surely?

Transfer listed by request?

Odd one..

I imagine an experienced user such as yourself has obviously already posted it as a bug to check out? yes?

I still cannot see page 50 so it'll be a while until I see a reply to this I'm sure, but I've just made an enquiry for a player that is transfer listed and the selling club have said he's not for sale at any price. This isn't right, surely?

I have seen player (Abdulrahimi) valued at 100k transfer listed by request and asking price set to 400k. This wouldn't be so strange if he wasn't listed for almost a year with absolutely no interest, played just a few games in past two seasons and his contract ends up in few months. When I tried to negotiate transfer fee club refused to lower asking price one cent.

International management improved slightly,not greatly. There is nothing to do when you don't have a game for 3 months... Also, player confidence is OTT. If my players morale is low and he is through on goal why he passes it sideways i do not understand. I'd also like to have more leagues on the game,such as the Malta league,or if not, just all the national teams instead of having to manually download them.

i don´t undestand why Benfica allways plays with no wingers in the game, in the real life Jorge Jesus allways uses wingers, salvio gaitan ola john.. but in the game they simply don´t play any games in the entire season, that sould be fixed

any help appreciated

So, new year, new version, old problems? I was thinking it could be a nice Christmas gift but ... well, nevermind!

Archived