FMC Wishlist Thread #1

As I posted in the FMC experiences thread - my wishes would be to have some control over your affiliated clubs and being able to have a few more staff members to make it possible (or sensible anyway) to hire your player legends as coaches etc. when they retire. Not bothered about team talks :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I posted in the FMC experiences thread - my wishes would be to have some control over your affiliated clubs and being able to have a few more staff members to make it possible (or sensible anyway) to hire your player legends as coaches etc. when they retire. Not bothered about team talks :)

I agree with the affiliated clubs. It takes merely 0.005% of the time spent on a season to manage them anyways (I probably make one of these agreements every other season or so).

Regarding staff, I want to be able to hire one senior team coach and perhaps a fitness coach. Or maybe be able to have one attacking coach, defensive coach, general coach. I however still don't want to have too many coaches to worry about as I like having the simplicity.

I hate the unlockables, it is like allowing people to cheat. And for a game that wants to simulate the real life, it is not a nice feature I would say. On the other hand, I know this is the future and will only evolve from now on I am sure. Unfortunately the easiest way to make real money...

I would never use an unlockable. As far as I can skip the unlockables that's fine.

I hate the unlockables, it is like allowing people to cheat. And for a game that wants to simulate the real life, it is not a nice feature I would say. On the other hand, I know this is the future and will only evolve from now on I am sure. Unfortunately the easiest way to make real money...

I would never use an unlockable. As far as I can skip the unlockables that's fine.

But did you enjoy oplaying FMC or is this just a rant on something that has no effect on you and your playing of FM whatsoever?

If people need or want to use unlockables in their game tio either make it a little easier or to give them something that they might not nomrally get like a son in the game then what business is it of yours what they do?

Anyway more then half of these can be unlocked through normal gameplay.

wishlist: cool unlockables. like walls on all lines, space gravity ball, potato head players, max allowed two touch, no offside, small indoor field, 7 vs 7 on big pitch, 5-aside competition, 100 m dash, etc, etc :)

that all sounds horrible. i dont want anything of that in the slightest.....

I really would like the option to select only some leagues in a Nation. Having to load all leagues is kind of frustrating. Other than that though, this is the first version of FM I've played at any length at all. Prior to this I'd never really left CM0102 so good job there :)

this is the first version of FM I've played at any length at all. Prior to this I'd never really left CM0102
Yep, with you there mate! SI are definitely picking up those who have not enjoyed FM for the last 11 years! Jeez, has it really been that long!?

I really would like the option to select only some leagues in a Nation. Having to load all leagues is kind of frustrating. Other than that though, this is the first version of FM I've played at any length at all. Prior to this I'd never really left CM0102 so good job there :)

Yeah its scary isn't it? Up unti that point I'd played every version every year but after that stopped being so interested in teh nwe versions. FMC has me hooked again for sure

2 new wishes:

1/ Pre-saveable shout combos - having to re set these from scratch every game goes against the FMC ethos

2/ When loading 2 or 3 (or hopefully more in FMC14) Countries leagues it is important that all team fixtures are simulated from day 1.

EG. I set up an England & Sweden save using England for the start date and random team selection - I got a Swedish Team - but had a 290 day wait to the first game! This kind of nonsense make the game feel "unfinished".

• Administrators
2 new wishes:

1/ Pre-saveable shout combos - having to re set these from scratch every game goes against the FMC ethos

2/ When loading 2 or 3 (or hopefully more in FMC14) Countries leagues it is important that all team fixtures are simulated from day 1.

EG. I set up an England & Sweden save using England for the start date and random team selection - I got a Swedish Team - but had a 290 day wait to the first game! This kind of nonsense make the game feel "unfinished".

2) Is because Sweden starts in February 2013, but you had England as the Starting Nation, starting in July 2012. Not much we can do about that as it's been that way since the dawn of time (in FM terms :))

2) Is because Sweden starts in February 2013, but you had England as the Starting Nation, starting in July 2012. Not much we can do about that as it's been that way since the dawn of time (in FM terms :))

Surely that is not so? I have created several saves in prev FM's where in this example you would take over and half a season has been simulated - actually could be that the game only simulates the 2nd half of a season? Not sure myself now so I will take your word for it Cant believe though that I never had this situation occur before. The scenario I mention is not new to me, staggering season star dates that is.

I can't seem to request upgrades to facilities. I'm now in my 5th season with Tranmere in the Championship and we are financially stable, but the board never upgrade the training facilities. Would like to be able to request this, as most of our income comes from selling developed players - so it would help with that!

Two game things and then an aside.

1. Allow editor data. This has been said already by many people and the reasons seem very obvious.

2. Match analysis: The ability to see as per the full version the former Guardian Chalkboard stuff i.e. where passes are made from, runs, etc. We don't really HAVE to use this for most of the more casual gamers but it would be good as an option. In addition, I've been active in the ME threads to try and give constructive feedback but, as someone who is presently playing FMC a lot, I'm being hampered in this respect. Also, given that I think FMC is aimed at your experienced market segment, you may be losing out on a lot of experience at an important time for the development of the ME.

An aside, an important one. Get rid of the paid unlockables. Exactly the kind of thing that is going to create pressure from kids on parents which is really poor and greedy from SEGA, SI etc. Stoppit!!!

The ability to control the reserves, never bothered with it before but with the new instant result button it'd just be a case of picking the team and pressing go. With the game going by so fast sometimes I lose track on how some of the the younger players are developing (got a five star goalkeeper who is now ready for premier league football but just gave my back up keeper a new three year deal) so would help with squad management. Plus when I have another injury crisis/fixture pile-up/cup tie I can rest certain players so that they're fit enough to at least sit on the bench for senior games.

* Very basic team talks.

* Allow us to choose how many leagues to load. There's no reason for people with slow computers to load 3 nations, without restricting those of us with good computers.

* Ability to chose a general training individually. By that I mean be able to set the general options (Attacking, Tactics, etc) individually, not the whole fat individual training/tutoring system of FM. This allows for a balanced development of the squad.

* Make what little staff we have actually relevant.

I agree with those above... :-)

Basic team talks would be good, along with basic media talk

Training broken down for indivduals/groups plus ability to learn a new position

Having the ability to use the editor has to be a must surely,i'm sure there is many like me who like to have all the competitions have all their correct names..

Also i'm with anyone who is demanding some kind of team talk/team meeting involved as it is near impossible to manage a smaller club once you have a few defeats.

If team talks are introduced I would hope it could be as an optional feature as they've been painful from the moment they appeared in fm. Maybe this is a good example of something which would suit being an unlockable. I wouldn't mind team meetings though as they are less invasive to the FMC experience and I do agree with the morale issues raised..

I just loved FMC. It's awesome. Hats off to SI for this. I feel these can be added to FMC to make it far better.

1) Basic team talks. I just want to raise morale in half time and full time.

2) More leagues at startup (6 or 9 based upon system spec). Also, I would like to add/remove leagues during playtime.

3) I want to get back retrain player functionality in FMC. I don't want full-fledge training functionality but retraining will be good addition.

Being able to set your assistant to automatically handle all friendlies ( i may have missed it if something like that is in place) , as opposed to just the instant result , would make the pre season flow much quicker

and bringing the scouting back to whats in the full version, or close to it , one of the most enjoyable parts of FM is scouts finding a gem or at least scouting knowledge to be spot them myself without going through every nation as seems to be the case in FMC , and seems to make transfers more of a chore

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we have an option to add backgrounds when playing commentary only. i don't watch the game in 3D (i'd play FIFA if i wanted to do that). i prefer commentary only, and would love to add my own backgrounds (like in champ manager 97/98). an editor where i could save a picture from google (e.g. of the nou camp) and then add it to the game where barcelona are at home it would have that background and so on for every other team. that would make the game so much better. i still play champ manager 97/98 because of this feature.

Mark - if you want that stuff, why wouldn't you just play the full game? As far as I can tell, apart from the inbox spam, the training/youth system is the biggest timesink in 'full' FM...

Personally, I'd like the option to have a little more interaction with my players - criticise poor performance/praise good form etc etc. It's not something you HAVE to do in order to be successful, but I would like to have the option of telling a player that four ratings of 5.90 in a row for a 4-star player is not acceptable!

First off, really enjoying FMC, for all the reasons it was designed, much faster to play and simpler. However, I think I agree with many of the other posters here, maybe a little too much has been stripped out. It is a difficult balancing act, if you put things back in, we will end up with FM again in a few years; the trick is time saving vs depth. The last game I played to death was CM03/04, and I got through 10 seasons in short order, and yet there were full staff, scouting, and full league selection. From my point of view I don’t think these things add much to the time in the game (not sure on processing time, but I have a fast PC admittedly..) but add so much depth.

For example picking a good back room team can potentially take a little while, but once you have fired and hired and roles are assigned it is done. You don’t need keep going back to it (unless your staff keep getting poached…). Or keep the staff you already have if you aren’t bothered! I saw a post by Lucas saying staff contracts were rolling to save us having to negotiate them, but that is a few minutes every few months real time (depends how fast you playing I guess.) Not an issue to me. My picks would be:

1. More leagues for game set-up (3 too few, I would always have England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany, and now Russia as well probably).

2. Edited database option.

3. Scouting improvement (picking regions at the minimum).

4. Full backroom staff.

5. Improved training options, certainly individual training focus (i.e. my striker has finishing 17, but composure 10, I want him to work on his composure.) and

maybe just some form of basic tutoring.

These kind of things if people didn’t want to bother with them they might not need to and still do well in the game, but it makes it more interesting for those who want a bit more depth and control. And why do I not just play the full game for more depth? Because it takes for ever! A few little tweaks and I think FMC will be spot on (just MHO).

(PS. Not sure on team talks, some method of team interaction to help moral issues might be good in some form though)

option to turn off the first transfer window

youth teams

more leagues

when a player is on your shortlist, he either stays on forever or you are notified when he is automatically removed

edited database option so competition names can be changed

For me:

Allow us to choose the leagues. I'd rather have the top leagues from europe than all the lower tier stuff.

Editor data (although there is a workaround/bug that allows you to load it already) - go into a full game, get as far as the leagues/flags. Back out. Go into FMC. Done.

Please no team talks and all that rubbish.

Maybe add training focus, and that's about it.

I havent read detailed through the whole thread, but i do love FMC. Maybe its discussed somewhere else, but you could make it FMCLegends. Have the option to have regens representing them from the start in the game database which represent the young Van Nistelrooy, Cantona, Zidane, Figo, etc etc. Of course you dont want it to spoil yur game so as part of standard setup ( real teams and players as it is now) there could be a list of 300 legends and at each start of a calendar year, there could be 20 random released at that moment being 16 yrs old, with their real name, from this list into the game! After about 10 seasons they should all be in, that would be fun! Playing Van the Man all the way... :-)

1- Allow In-Game store for multiplayer games. (But only make it available when all of the players authorized it.)

For example we are playing Turkish league which have a Foreign Player restirictions, we all want to buy the Foreign Influx from the store but we cannot do it cause its not available.

2- Tutoring training ( I would like my veteran players to tutor youngsters for bette progression)

3- More scouting options ( I want to send my scout to specific countries or continents.. or competions just like in CM 01/02

For me an element of custom DBs being allowed, either downloaded or through the store, obviously the store needs to retain its usefulness so editing club finances or stadia and such could be locked off but particularly custom competitions akin to the euro or world super leagues that pop up every year would be ace.

- Being able to select database size. (Determine default on performance of PC)

- Being able to select more than 3 countrys and be able to drop lower leagues from a country.

- Being able to choose satelite clubs yourself.

I know the first two points might be against the spirit of Classic Mode in case of performance. But for me Classic Mode does the job at skipping press conferences etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly thank you so much for introducing this format of the game! Takes me back to the good old times I had with CM in the 90's!

Here's my thoughts after 6 days of playing time:-

1) Please don't bring team talks into it, this format of the game should be kept very simple i.e. buy players, pick tactics and the watch the result of that unfold during the game. If you really have to bring them in then let it be an option in the games set-up (not a selectable option for assistant manager)

2) Can there be an option to get match reports for the reserve team automatically. Would be good to see it appear in the news feed.

3) Make manager sackings\retirements more prominent as they're very easy to miss in the current news feed. Perhaps introduce the news subscription option that's available in the man game

4) More skin related but I don't think the colours used for attributes are that great as it's not easy to differentiate between high and low values (even with the colour blind option). Red to Green would make more sense to me.

For those who complain that you can't use the editor data with this mode, you can. See here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/330032-Do-you-want-to-play-with-an-edited-Database-in-FMC-then-read-in-here Though would be good to have this as a proper option.

Enjoying FMC far more than the full version. My thoughts for improvements mirror those made by others; namely:

1. More nations running concurrently. Six would suit me but more up to ten if systems can handle it.

2. Ability to choose which league are running within those nations.

3. Basic team talks to help manage morale when on a bad run.

Good Morning,

I would definately want to see:

1) Team talks, as its hard to avoid complacency on this game, team talks would help that. (And i'm aware some people dont want to do this so this could be left to your assistant by default?)

2) Ability to make a request to the board to improve youth facilities.

3) Last but not least, young player progression is a lot worse on this game, i would like to see this accelerated to compensate for the fact that tutoring and specific attribute training isnt available in FMC, for example 20 year old Luke Shaw in FMC is worth about £2m, whereas at the same age in Full FM he is worth £6.5m. I personally like progressing my youngsters, this just seems less rewarding in FMC.

Would be amazing if you could implement any of these especially point 3!

Kind Regards,

Simon

• Administrators
3) Last but not least, young player progression is a lot worse on this game, i would like to see this accelerated to compensate for the fact that tutoring and specific attribute training isnt available in FMC, for example 20 year old Luke Shaw in FMC is worth about £2m, whereas at the same age in Full FM he is worth £6.5m. I personally like progressing my youngsters, this just seems less rewarding in FMC.

Would be amazing if you could implement any of these especially point 3!

Kind Regards,

Simon

It's not. If you are playing a player as a Ball Winning Midfielder, he will train as a Ball Winning Midfielder. As for specific attributes, this does happen as well if the assistant feels the player would better benefit from focusing on that attribute. Players learn new positions automatically, and will learn suitable PPMs for their positions. I'm not sure about your Luke Shaw example, but I have a number of examples in my save where my youth have developed and I've gone on to sell them for millions: £5 million buy into a £42.5 Million sale, £3 Million buy for £21 million sold, free transfers sold for £16.25, 15, 13, 9 million respectively. And more than these examples too. An FMC Game will develop differently to an FM one, and with some players in the database can have different PAs, and perceived PAs as well so they may sell for varying amounts in different save games.

Of course, that's not to say we won't be considering suggestions :) I just wouldn't say it's a lot worse :D

I'm sure this is one thats been said loads, but why can't we change attribute colours in FMC like in normal FM? I find the default colours really weird and the 2 greens hard to distinguish. I always used to have the attribute ranges set up a certain way where it was much easier to glance at a player and get a basic idea of ability, which I find more difficult with the default colours. I did find a way to edit them via the skins XML file, which was a bit long winded but I only had to do it the once. Now I've come back to FMC after a while of not playing, and editing the skin causes my own players attributes to be masked and not display properly, meaning I have to go back to the default skin. Is there no way around this? Seems like it would be an easy thing to add in

2) Can there be an option to get match reports for the reserve team automatically. Would be good to see it appear in the news feed.

Had a weird thing happen in my game regarding this. I never used to get these reports, but now I do.

What happened was that my AM was also one of my playing staff. He was getting on a bit and had lost all use as a player, so offered him a new contract as just an AM which he accepted. As soon as he started his new job, I started getting reserve reports.

Not sure if that's a bug or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this under my thoughts on FMC after having played it, but didn't notice this thread (apologies), so will copy it here as well. These are the 4 crucial things I would like to see changed in the next version of FMC. I think they're all definitely do-able, and shouldn't really make the game much more time consuming to play:

1. I understand the need to just have 3 leagues to maintain the speed of the game. However, I think it would be better to have a set number of divisions instead. For example, if I'm managing in the premiership I have little use for the Blue Square North, but I would like to just load the top flights from Portugal, Holland etc

2. I think a stripped down version of team talks would be a worthwhile addition. Forget tone, individual player instructions etc, but perhaps just have one basic instruction you give to the team before, HT and after the game.

3. I like the minimal focus on training, but I do think that there needs to be an option for retraining a players position at the very least. My youngsters aren't ready for first team action, but at present there is no way of me turning them into the kind of player I want.

4. I don't see why we can't send the scouts to a specific country or region; for me this requires such a minimal level of effort (potentially just one drop down menu and a couple of extra clicks) that there's no reason it shouldn't be on FMC.

I really wish more leagues were possible. There are just some leagues that are essential for me, basically England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. And I also like sometimes to play Norway without having to remove one of the essentials.:\

Having played a good bit of FMC now, two alterations stand out to me:

1. The ability to make more appropriate choices of league. I want only the top division from several different leagues; I have no use for League Two, for example.

2. The ability to mould young players, and improve specific parts of their game. I want to be able to take a good defensive prospect at full-back, and have him work hard on his crossing and passing so that he can be more useful in attacking areas.

• 2 weeks later...

We desperately need control of training in FMC.

For example, normally on FM for my pre-season training I'd remove all focus, set group training to High Fitness training and sit back for a month, but on FMC if I set it to high, I get injury after injury, because I can't remove the focus of the players, so it's either risk a ton of injuries on pre-season, or having a worse fitness training.

And during the actual season, I can't regulate training for my more injury prone players so I have to lower the intensity for the whole team.

Also, please add the U19/Reserve teams, so we can actually develop our youngsters instead of having them stagnate in B teams for years before their manager makes them play.

Any other suggestion I could make has already been suggested (allow editor, more leagues, large database).

Hope I'm not too late to this thread!

The core concept of FMC needs to be kept the same. The reason it is so great is because you don't have to worry about team talks, press conferences and in depth training. The people who are requesting things like that in this thread should just play the full version?

I've played through about 15 seasons of FMC. It's fantastic. Exactly what I've been after since FM2007. Here are the things I'd like to see added though:

- an editor. I know this is unlikely to happen because people wouldn't purchase the unlockables, but after 15 seasons I really want to try something else. Perhaps give myself a 500m budget in the BSB south? Or give a random club 500m and see how high the computer-controlled managers can take the club? Or edit my son into the game with 200pa? Or add my local team into the Premier League for a laugh? Things like these aren't possible with the current unlockables (except giving myself 500m) so I'd like to see some kind of editor. Perhaps a compromise? SI provides us with an editor for FM2014 which can edit finances, players, create clubs, etc. but can't do things like enable international management, give you a job for life, improve training facilities, expand stadium, improve scouting range, etc?

- improved financial view. I understand that the purpose of FMC is to abstract things like training and finances, but without micro-managing things like finances lower-league management is extremely difficult. Being able to see precisely how much money the club spends on contracts (not just players, but staff too), stadium maintenance etc is very important. It doesn't add any complexity to the game, it's just something that is there if (when) you need it.

- Under 18/youth team. Pretty self-explanatory. Would be managed by the head of youth development naturally and would give this staff member a purpose.

- More staff. At the moment we only have Assistant managers and head coaches. The problem with this of course is that finding a head coach or assistant manager with good stats in attack, defence and goalkeeper coaching is very difficult.

- More job offers. I don't know if it's only me that experienced this, but in my 15 seasons playing FMC I didn't receive a single job offer. Perhaps this is because I was mainly managing in the lower leagues (the idea of this particular save was to take a team from BSBS to the Premier League, and only managed to reach League One with various different clubs).

- News Subscriptions. When I started playing FMC, this was a major reason why I didn't feel as immersed as I did in the full version of the game. Again, it adds no complexity. People don't have to use it, but I would love to have it. Keeping track of previous clubs and players for example.

- Keep player history after retirement. Again, another small feature which helps with immersion.

I really can't think of anything else. Regardless of whether you implement the above features I'd still play FMC over the full version of the game next year. Great job SI.

One more thing I'd like to add - when a player is not on form or the whole team in general it is impossible to turn it around in FMC (in the full game you can do team talks/player talks/media talks/HT+FT talks to motivate players/team). Obviously the purpose of FMC is to remove things like team talks but there needs to be a way to improve team form. In a way, FMC is much harder than the full game because of this (should be the opposite). If I am losing 3-0 at half time all I can do is change tactics and hope for the best. On the full game I could demand a better second half performance, etc.

What I am about to suggest is quite controversial but it's the only thing I can think of - perhaps remove player/team form all together and how well your team performs is just judged on fitness, training/match prep and tactics (and obviously player ability and the opposition). It would make the game a lot easier, but would stop the frustration at losing 6 games in a row when you've been 1st all season and not being able to do anything about it...

One more thing I'd like to add - when a player is not on form or the whole team in general it is impossible to turn it around in FMC (in the full game you can do team talks/player talks/media talks/HT+FT talks to motivate players/team). Obviously the purpose of FMC is to remove things like team talks but there needs to be a way to improve team form. In a way, FMC is much harder than the full game because of this (should be the opposite). If I am losing 3-0 at half time all I can do is change tactics and hope for the best. On the full game I could demand a better second half performance, etc.

What I am about to suggest is quite controversial but it's the only thing I can think of - perhaps remove player/team form all together and how well your team performs is just judged on fitness, training/match prep and tactics (and obviously player ability and the opposition). It would make the game a lot easier, but would stop the frustration at losing 6 games in a row when you've been 1st all season and not being able to do anything about it...

Similar to this, I'd like to see team meetings. Then if you need a morale boost or to rally the troops for a last push you've got that option.

Archived