Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the highlights but only really showed the goals. Most of the defending from both teams for the goals was pretty bad but wished we could have held onto a 3 goal lead. Saying that it was a friendly and I am glad that all the younger players got a chance to play.

Even bigger joke that Lampard flew over, took part in open training, didn't play last night and has now flown back with the other England internationals. Shambolic.

That really is ridiculous.

Start rubbing hands....or something else if you're so inclined :D (I kid, I kid)

newspaper O Jogo, quite well connected with Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes announced it, quote, "can guarantee" Mourinho signed a contract with Chelsea this week

Loftus-Cheek was great, real shame Citeh decided to kick him until he went off. Some decent stuff up front, woeful at the back, Azpi just not bothered about tracking runners or stopping crosses today, and sadly Christensen just not ready yet. Hope we at least get a goal or two second half

Some fantastic goals conceded again :D

Going by the teams that have been put out, Man City seemed to be taking these friendlies a bit more seriously than we were, probably because their owners are starting a new club in the US and wanted to show off.

Not great that we lost both friendlies but at least some young players got a chance which is good. Really excited for this summer.

Question is though who do you guys want us to sign up front? Considering it now seems Falcao is off to Monaco and Lewandowski is off to Bayern. Would love Cavani but he will be very expensive.

So anyone who is more familiar with the youth team, thoughts on Loftus-Cheek's chances at progressing into the first team over the next couple of seasons?

If Mourinho is definitely to be our manager, zero, the same chance as any other academy player.

We are also supposedly about to sign Marco van Ginkel from Vitesse. Never seen him play but read some good things about him. Can't see McEachran getting a chance now though, such a shame as I was really excited about him 2-3 years ago. I know it's unlikely but I really hope that the board put pressure on the next manager to use players from the youth system.

Wouldn't write McEachran off yet. The biggest obstacle for him is that we only play 2 in CM, if we went back to a 3 he'd get more chances and look better at the same time since I think his style of paly would suit that setup much more.

Archived