Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure with Essien but surely he would be behind Ramires, Mikel, Lampard and even maybe Romeu? If so then an expensive backup (wage wise). Literally wish he had never had injury problems as he was brilliant a few years ago.

I have an inkling that it's Christie-Davies on the left and Clarke-Salter next to Solanke but could be miles out. Ali/Solanke being 15s is weird as they seem to have been knocking around for a while.

Do we have a list of scholars yet? Boga being one boggles the mind a bit.

Colkett, Hunte, Musonda, Boga, Suljic, Palmer, Aina - definitely missing some. And a number of those 15s will effectively go full time I assume.

• Administrators

In shot there, L to R is Christie-Davies, Bakary, Sammut, Jay Da Silva, Tomori, Abraham, Clarke-Salter, Solanke, Tupper, Ali

Scholars are Collins, Aina, Brady, Hunte, Colkett, Musonda, Palmer, Boga, and if Angban doesn't end up like Traore, him too. Josi Quintero is a scholar if we sign him, Suljic will be with the group all season but is born mid-September 97 so is actually U16 next season.

Ali, Sammut, Da Silva all have guaranteed scholarships already (as do a couple of U14s!), I expect Beeney, Solanke, Scott, and a few others do as well, but they've not been public with it yet,

Yep, had a gander at the MK match report earlier. I think i'm right in saying Makanjuola is the Nigerian lad?

Who is the next Boga Phil? Remember you saying that a lad you've seen grow over a few years is the nuts. Must be approaching this sort of age.

• Administrators

Yeah, he's a keepy-uppy/skills nut. Don't think there's anyone who's close to Boga in terms of prodigious talent/early ascent (although Bakary has a playing style which reminds me of him a bit); the kid I saw back in 2006 as an U9 or whatever and have remembered since is Harvey St Clair, who's in the 14s now. They won 11-0 at MK yesterday, smug. I've not really seen him play in recent times though, so no idea if what I saw then is still the case.

I'm updating FM2013, does anyone have the height/weight details for Conor Hunte and Charlie Colkett? I'm also trying to work out whether Victorien Angban is still with us, as his brother seems to have left.

• Administrators

Vic is still with us, but it's a Traore-esque situation.

Not got exact height/weight details for those two as they're only published in the yearbook, but Hunte's about 6ft, Colkett about 5'9" tops, and both in the low to mid 60kgs range.

What are the chances of you allowing Todd Kane to go out on loan to Blackburn again next season? He got better and better, and towards the end of the season looked like an excelent prospect, and I know Rovers want him back. I'm guessing it's pretty much a given that he will go out on loan again, the question is just where, and what level.

• Administrators

Extremely high. He's behind Azpi, Ivanovic, Kalas and Omeruo at right-back really, so he'll come back, train a bit, then go on loan, and since you want him and he wants to go back to you, I don't think anyone'll have a problem with it.

How big are you squad sizes for each year group? Is it fairly consistent throughout, or do you have literally dozens and dozens of players at the younger levels that slowly gets streamlined though the years?

• Administrators

Roughly 14-18 kids in each age group, often supplemented by anything up to half a dozen trialists at various points of the season. They play a lot of kids across multiple age groups on any given weekend so you might see someone play for both the 16s and 18s on a Saturday (doesn't happen that often, but here and there), and then for the 15s on Sunday. More often you'll get a lad turn out for the 16s on the Saturday and then the 15s/14s on a Sunday, and so on.

Of the 14-18 in each group, roughly half will be on year to year terms and the others will have longer-term commitments; usually 2 year deals at U12 to U14 or U14 to U16, some some U14s will already have agreements for scholarships taking them through to the end of their U18 career.

Roughly 14-18 kids in each age group, often supplemented by anything up to half a dozen trialists at various points of the season. They play a lot of kids across multiple age groups on any given weekend so you might see someone play for both the 16s and 18s on a Saturday (doesn't happen that often, but here and there), and then for the 15s on Sunday. More often you'll get a lad turn out for the 16s on the Saturday and then the 15s/14s on a Sunday, and so on.

Of the 14-18 in each group, roughly half will be on year to year terms and the others will have longer-term commitments; usually 2 year deals at U12 to U14 or U14 to U16, some some U14s will already have agreements for scholarships taking them through to the end of their U18 career.

What sort of deals do kids get in those lower age brackets? What sort of deals are you actually allowed to make with them, is probably more the gist of the question though :D

• Administrators

Well they're unpaid of course, so it's just the level of commitment you want to make to the player and how long you want to tie them down for. It's a bit different at Chelsea to most clubs because we're not going to be prone to losing a youngster to another club. Apart from the status of being a Chelsea player, which is obviously a big draw for these kids, they're at a Category 1 academy with outstanding facilities, travel opportunities and educational provisions (as well as the day release programme) and top class coaching, so it's rare that you'll come across a player Chelsea offer a deal who rejects it and wants to go elsewhere.

Well they're unpaid of course, so it's just the level of commitment you want to make to the player and how long you want to tie them down for. It's a bit different at Chelsea to most clubs because we're not going to be prone to losing a youngster to another club. Apart from the status of being a Chelsea player, which is obviously a big draw for these kids, they're at a Category 1 academy with outstanding facilities, travel opportunities and educational provisions (as well as the day release programme) and top class coaching, so it's rare that you'll come across a player Chelsea offer a deal who rejects it and wants to go elsewhere.

But can you actually sign a binding contract with a 12 year old? Do they get any benefits from it apart from saying they have a contract with Chelsea? I mean apart from what you've listed which they would obviously have without a contract if you weren't doing the contracts

The contracts safeguard the club in terms of training compensation really; it's obviously done with the parents for minors too.

Is there any need for that? I would have thought the player being registered with the club would be enough for training compensation. A bit **** that it isn't, then.

Croatia join the EU soon (may have already?) but I don't know how that affects things. So as it stands (having not included any of last years loanees):

[TABLE=width: 287]

[TR]

[TD]Senior Squad[/TD]

[TD]HG[/TD]

[TD]Position[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Petr Cech[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Goalkeeper[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ashley Cole[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]John Terry[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ryan Bertrand[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gary Cahill[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Branislav Ivanovic[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]David Luiz[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cesar Azpilicueta[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Frank Lampard[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]John Obi Mikel[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ramires [/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Oriol Romeu[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Michael Essien[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Victor Moses[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[TD]Attacker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Juan Mata[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Attacker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marko Marin[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Attacker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Eden Hazard[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Attacker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Oscar[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Attacker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Andreas Schurle[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Attacker[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fernando Torres[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Demba Ba[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So that's 21 players to be registered (6 HG). From the rest I reckon only Lukaku is going to be properly involved (he doesn't need to be registered) and the rest will go back out on loan/leave permanently.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Loan List[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Registered[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thibault Courtois[/TD]

[TD]Goalkeeper[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jeffrey Bruma[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sam Hutchinson[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Patrick Van Aanholt[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kenneth Omeruo[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nathaniel Chalobah[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Todd Kane[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tomas Kalas[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nathan Ake[/TD]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ulises Davila[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kevin De Bruyne[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gael Kakuta[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thorgan Hazard[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lucas Piazon[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]George Saville[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Josh McEachran[/TD]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Patrick Bamford[/TD]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Romelu Lukaku[/TD]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Administrators

Of that loan list, Courtois, Bruma, Hutch, Van Aanholt, Omeruo, Dávila, De Bruyne would need registering in the PL I think (is it 21 before the season starts or 21 before the year in which the season starts?).

Croatia joins the EU next month so no work permit needed for Delac, however unlikely it is.

• Administrators

I reckon you can get rid of Marin and at least one of the strikers from the list, and that Romeu will be loaned out somewhere because he needs to play regularly to recover from his injury and to develop.

I reckon you can get rid of Marin and at least one of the strikers from the list, and that Romeu will be loaned out somewhere because he needs to play regularly to recover from his injury and to develop.

Yep, this basically highlights that there will be need to be a number of in's.

Archived