Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

I reckon you can get rid of Marin and at least one of the strikers from the list, and that Romeu will be loaned out somewhere because he needs to play regularly to recover from his injury and to develop.

This has to happen. As in GTFO Torres.

What're the thoughts on Essien?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of that loan list, Courtois, Bruma, Hutch, Van Aanholt, Omeruo, Dávila, De Bruyne would need registering in the PL I think (is it 21 before the season starts or 21 before the year in which the season starts?).

Croatia joins the EU next month so no work permit needed for Delac, however unlikely it is.

Here you go:

irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)

That's the HG ruling isn't it? Talking about the need to register players >21 only.

It is indeed, I managed to quote the wrong bit as I was in a bit of a hurry. Here's the correct quote:

An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences.

I remember checking this a few years ago as Jonny Evans' birthday is on the second or third of January, meaning he just missed that cut off and counted as u21 until he was 22 and a half.

Sid and G-man, you can do one. At least one of us tried to help, yeah? Now I'll leave with the speed of blue light

So what's everyones thoughts on the reported Torres + 30m euros for Cavani?

Personally, if Rafa and Napoli were stupid enough to accept that, would bite their hand off for that.

Napoli would be thick to accept that :D

Would love Cavani for Torres + £25-30 million. Don't think Torres is worth £25 million any more so would gladly take that as his market price. I mean he is still a pretty good striker when he plays well but is just too inconsistent. I also think people who don't watch Chelsea a lot still think he's better than he is. Watched some Cavani goal compilations and he looks great. Also bought him on FM this year for Chelsea and he was a beast. Tbh I remember thinking we should get him for a while, increased after that lovely shouldered goal he scored against us last year in Naples.

Ok we can get excited now!

"I'm going to London on Monday and at the end of the week I will be the manager of Chelsea," Mourinho told Punto Pelota. "I feel the people there love me and in life you have to look for that. Life is beautiful and short and you must look for what you think is best for you."

I am so so so glad he's back. Literally cannot wait for pre-season/new season now. Also seen today we may be looking at De Rossi? Any reason his fee seems relatively cheap? Something happened this season?

Really hope we go out and get a top quality striker now.

While I have not got such a hard on for his reappointment, Mourinho is still Mourinho. Also, well played him, for engineering his way out of Real so Roman didn't have to cough up that 17m or whatever to buy his contract out.

And surely, SURELY, this time we will have continuity? We will stick with him (unless he performs his usual 3-year irreparable decay again), and he has found his home with us, yes?

Another thing: This Schurrle/De Bruyne thing is now either complete nonsense or was initiated with Mourinho's acknowledgement. I fear it's the latter.

I am so so so glad he's back. Literally cannot wait for pre-season/new season now. Also seen today we may be looking at De Rossi? Any reason his fee seems relatively cheap? Something happened this season?

Really hope we go out and get a top quality striker now.

Think De Rossi did a press conference a couple of days ago where he said he's staying at Roma so I guess the only way he leaves is if Roma decide to cash in on him/tell him that they intend on selling him.

Archived