Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you ***** slating Suarez can go **** yourselves. One of the few players we have who actually cares.

Shut the **** up. Can't you see what he done. Anyone defending him is ludicrous. He literally tried to take a chunk out of a player and you go defending him. Are you serious? Even Liverpool fans realise what a fool he has made of the club and himself.

We should be trying to win football matches, not popularity contests. I couldn't give less of a toss what the general public think of Suarez, the only disappointment is he's going to get potentially a lengthy ban. We need more players like him. I would happily have 11 Luis Suarez's, with all the baggage that would entail. Because we'd actually win something.

It's like Fergie with Cantona - who cares if he kicked some **** of a fan, he had to be backed. Same with Suarez. You plastic fans are the problem, not Suarez.

We should be trying to win football matches, not popularity contests. I couldn't give less of a toss what the general public think of Suarez, the only disappointment is he's going to get potentially a lengthy ban. We need more players like him. I would happily have 11 Luis Suarez's, with all the baggage that would entail. Because we'd actually win something.

It's like Fergie with Cantona - who cares if he kicked some **** of a fan, he had to be backed. Same with Suarez. You plastic fans are the problem, not Suarez.

So biting players is trying to win matches? If the ref saw that he would be off you idiot.

you arent going to win anything with your entire team banned for 1/4 the season :D

Kicking a fan dolling out vitriolic abuse and biting an opponent on the field - they really the same thing?

RESULTS COMPARISON CHART 2012/13

Reading = Bolton
Southampton = Blackburn
West Ham = Wolves

Points		
				Last season	This season 	Diff  Now  Last
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/08/2012 West Brom v Liverpool        W 0-2           L 3-0 		-3	
26/08/2012 Liverpool v Man City         D 1-1           D 2-2 		-3	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/09/2012 Liverpool v Arsenal          L 1-2           L 0-2           -3
15/09/2012 Sunderland v Liverpool       L 1-0           D 1-1           -2
23/09/2012 Liverpool v Man Utd          D 1-1           L 1-2           -3
29/09/2012 Norwich v Liverpool          W 0-3           W 2-5           -3
06/10/2012 Liverpool v Stoke            D 0-0           D 0-0           -3   
20/10/2012 Liverpool v Reading          W 3-1           W 1-0           -3
27/10/2012 Everton v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           -5
04/11/2012 Liverpool v Newcastle        W 3-1           D 1-1           -7
11/11/2012 Chelsea v Liverpool          W 1-2           D 1-1           -9
17/11/2012 Liverpool v Wigan            L 1-2           W 3-0           -6
24/11/2012 Swansea v Liverpool          L 0-1           D 0-0           -5
28/11/2012 Tottenham v Liverpool        L 4-0           L 2-1           -5
01/12/2012 Liverpool v Southampton      D 1-1           W 1-0           -3
08/12/2012 West Ham v Liverpool        	W 0-3           W 2-3           -3
15/12/2012 Liverpool v Aston Villa     	D 1-1           L 1-3           -4
22/12/2012 Liverpool v Fulham           L 0-1           W 4-0           -1
26/12/2012 Stoke v Liverpool            L 1-0           L 3-1           -1
29/12/2012 QPR v Liverpool             	L 3-2           W 0-3           +2
01/01/2013 Liverpool v Sunderland       D 1-1           W 3-0           +4
12/01/2013 Man Utd v Liverpool          L 2-1           L 2-1           +4
19/01/2013 Liverpool v Norwich          D 1-1           W 5-0           +6 
30/01/2013 Arsenal v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           +4 
02/02/2013 Man City v Liverpool         L 3-0           D 2-2           +5
09/02/2013 Liverpool v West Brom        L 0-1           L 0-2           +5    
23/02/2013 Liverpool v Swansea         	D 0-0           W 5-0           +7
02/03/2013 Wigan v Liverpool           	D 0-0           W 0-4           +9   42   42 
09/03/2013 Liverpool v Tottenham        D 0-0           W 3-2           +11  45   42
16/03/2013 Southampton v Liverpool      W 2-3           L 3-1           +8   45   42
30/03/2013 Aston Villa v Liverpool      W 0-2           W 1-2           +8   48   42
06/04/2013 Liverpool v West Ham        	W 2-1           D 0-0           +6   49   43
13/04/2013 Reading v Liverpool          L 3-1           D 0-0           +7   50   46
20/04/2013 Liverpool v Chelsea          W 4-1           D 2-2           +5   51   46
27/04/2013 Newcastle v Liverpool        L 1-2                                     49
04/05/2013 Liverpool v Everton          W 3-0                                     49
12/05/2013 Fulham v Liverpool           L 1-0                                     52
19/05/2013 Liverpool v QPR              W 1-0                                     52

Haha, I love Nad's meltdowns :D

To a certain degree though (a VERY small degree btw), he's got a point. Obviously we need players with his passion and desire to win. Biting players just goes across the line a few hundred miles.

I still want him at the club tbh.

Everyone looking to the Dutch league and the 7 game ban but I think firstly it's a red for the incident after the fact so that's 3 games and then 1 or 2 more for being a nutter so basically season over

5 game ban seems about right which is what the Dutch FA gave him. Was only 7 games because Ajax banned him themselves for 2 games.

What goes through your head to make you want to bite someone?! :confused:

The red mist. The same mist that makes you run harder, chase lost causes, throw yourself into danger, fight til the end. It's two sides of the same coin. The hyper-aggressive edge that Suarez has is what makes him such a good player, but it means he occassionally does crazy **** like this.

It happens with lots of people in many fields that are at the top of their profession. Yeah they should know better and yeah there are some people who can be brilliant and not crazy. But you don't get rid of a genius because he has flaws. You just have to work round the flaws.

It happens with lots of people in many fields that are at the top of their profession.

In terms of football the other top players in the world don't do crazy things to this degree neither do I see David Cameron going round doing crazy things :D

The red mist. The same mist that makes you run harder, chase lost causes, throw yourself into danger, fight til the end. It's two sides of the same coin. The hyper-aggressive edge that Suarez has is what makes him such a good player, but it means he occassionally does crazy **** like this.

It happens with lots of people in many fields that are at the top of their profession. Yeah they should know better and yeah there are some people who can be brilliant and not crazy. But you don't get rid of a genius because he has flaws. You just have to work round the flaws.

Love this post, not for why you may think though, Nad.

What's Brendan said about it?

I was a bit disappointed with his comments on Sky.

He firstly quite reasonably said that he/the club would review the video before making any further comments. The reporter not unexpectedly tried to get a bit more - asking in slightly more general terms and again Brendon said that they'd look at the video first etc. But then for some reason he made a comment about "other incidents" as well - I think he mentioned something between Carra and Torres?

In the circumstances it came across as an attempt to divert attention. (On the other hand Rafa played a complete dead bat to it - "didn't see it" etc.)

I have to say he looked unsure/uncomfortable throughout the interview as well

Didn't see the match at all, anyone want to sum up the in game actions and not the Suarez incident?

Liverpool 1st half pub side in particular Coutinho/Henderson, Chelsea deservedly led. 2nd half Sturridge came on and was like a man on crack, completely changed the game and Gerrard should have scored 10 secs in 2nd half than Sturridge hit post 2 mins later. Sturridge than finally scored from a beautiful ball from Suarez but they soon took pressure off and allowed Chelsea back into the game which from a corner when getting back into the game Suarez needlessly handled the ball and Hazard scored the pen after some sledging from LFC players. Game than was relatively even for rest of game with Liverpool having more impetus towards the end due to Chelsea's subs and it eventually led to the equaliser.

Will be interesting to see what stance the club takes on Luis tbh. After everything we as a club have done in the past for him, he has let down so many people today with a pure moment of madness and tbh, I don't think too many will be angry if the club decides its time to go.

Damaging the clubs reputation.

I was a bit disappointed with his comments on Sky.

He firstly quite reasonably said that he/the club would review the video before making any further comments. The reporter not unexpectedly tried to get a bit more - asking in slightly more general terms and again Brendon said that they'd look at the video first etc. But then for some reason he made a comment about "other incidents" as well - I think he mentioned something between Carra and Torres?

In the circumstances it came across as an attempt to divert attention. (On the other hand Rafa played a complete dead bat to it - "didn't see it" etc.)

I have to say he looked unsure/uncomfortable throughout the interview as well

standard manager fare surely?

edit - by saying the club will review, he has pulled the classic i haven't seen the incident.

then he goes on to say that there were other flashpoints in the match which also could have been contentious and in the favour of his team.

nothing here folks.

Will be interesting to see what stance the club takes on Luis tbh. After everything we as a club have done in the past for him, he has let down so many people today with a pure moment of madness and tbh, I don't think too many will be angry if the club decides its time to go.

Damaging the clubs reputation.

A little while after the match, i think the decision is how many games do we think he will miss. i posted the below on otf2:

clearly what suarez has done is way out there and should rightly be condemned. but i really think you guys are going overboard about the brand impact suarez has on liverpool. let me state upfront i am not saying there is no negative impact. but i do not think in the case of liverpool specifically that the suarez incidents are from a global perspective, a heavy blow against liverpool.

i guess a big part of the issue is that on a board like this most of you are UK based and already are linked to clubs. so you may have moved from being ambivalent to actively hating liverpool. which is a fair position to take. how likely is it that a "global fan" will take to liverpool in the same way? us "global fans" are not linked in the same way as you are to your clubs. hell you guys find it as some social faux pas to even wear a replica shirt while for instance here in south africa it is not. i sometimes when reading the commenst on uk based sites regarding liverpool think that the hate is primarily a uk thing.

i would argue the thing that hurts the liverpool brand more is being a middle of the road club at the moment. here in south africa there are suddenly city and chelsea fans. i can assure you that these people are likely unaware of any scandals that have befallen these clubs before the billionaires came along. hell i reckon most would be pretty much unable to tell you what the clubs like were in the early premiership years.

global support is built on winning (or even strong prospects of winning). if liverpool got a top 4 position next year after convncing performances, the general global narrative would most likely switch to some romantic notion of a club fighting it's way back or some such. the suarez incidents would be but footers in the story (assuming he does nothing batshit crazy). but yet i would bet there would still be a strong backlash in the uk.

tldr - i do not think plastics would care whether suarez was at liverpool or not if they looked like being a successful club

In terms of football the other top players in the world don't do crazy things to this degree neither do I see David Cameron going round doing crazy things :D

wtf has David Cameron got to do with it?

Zidane did it. Epic headbutt, but Materazzi deserved that. Poor Ivanovic. Suarez has behavioural issues, nothing major tbh.

It's probably more potential sponsors and wholesome brands maybe not wanting to be associated with a club/brand embroiled in race arguments and now biting/behaviour rather than blah blah community, etc

I mean biting has no place on the pitch, it was idiotic but I was more like why has he done that, what an utter idiot then 'he should never play football again, he must die'

Does anyone have the Dutch link at hand, was it worse? Seem to remember it being more, erm, rabid :D I mean 4 or 5 games, gross misconduct/violent play but all this talk of being arrested is taking it a bit far, for me

Archived