Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From BBC Sportsday:

Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen will miss the remainder of the season after it was decided he should undergo surgery on his left shoulder on Thursday.

The problem has had an increasingly negative affect on Allen's form in recent weeks and his discomfort was such that he was substituted at half-time during Liverpool's 3-1 defeat by Southampton on Saturday.

I didn't see the game live so can't comment, but was he taken off because he looked in discomfort or because he played pants?

From BBC Sportsday:

Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen will miss the remainder of the season after it was decided he should undergo surgery on his left shoulder on Thursday.

The problem has had an increasingly negative affect on Allen's form in recent weeks and his discomfort was such that he was substituted at half-time during Liverpool's 3-1 defeat by Southampton on Saturday.

I didn't see the game live so can't comment, but was he taken off because he looked in discomfort or because he played pants?

Bit of both. Noticed him wince on a couple of occasions so I think the injury contributed to a rubbish performance. Stupid decision to play him after it had been made known he has a shoulder injury. Just asking for the opposition to give him a nudge on the shoulder to put him off.

So the two main summer signings, Allen and Borini, are not just expensive piles of crap, they're crocked expensive piles of crap.

We just never learn our lesson when spending decent amounts of money on players. The list just keeps getting bigger season after season. Wonder what crocks we end up wasting money on next season?

We just never learn our lesson when spending decent amounts of money on players. The list just keeps getting bigger season after season. Wonder what crocks we end up wasting money on next season?

What :D

Perhaps if you've devised a method to predict injuries you could share it with the rest of the world?

Sounds like Suarez has made a make me an offer plea to the top champions league sides just hope we get a decent fee and spend it wisely. Gutted if he does go :( wont we all :(

We'll (hopefully) get 1 more year out of him without CL football, but obviously the time has come to stop treading water.

We'll (hopefully) get 1 more year out of him without CL football, but obviously the time has come to stop treading water.
I think that would be reasonable, but most players in his position would be off this summer and i wouldn't blame him if he did leave.

He seems to have an affinity for the club which could see him give us another season though.

He would never be left to go this season anyway.

Anyway, it's not like he'd stay forever; like most players. If Man Utd can't keep Ronaldo and Arsenal can't keep Van Persie, then what right or chance would we have of keeping Suarez for his whole career? We'll get a nice £50-60 million and part ways happily.

People said we'd go down the crapper when Owen left; but then we got Torres. Then he left, and we was in the crapper again, but then we got Suarez. Football has its way of working these things out.

He would never be left to go this season anyway.

Anyway, it's not like he'd stay forever; like most players. If Man Utd can't keep Ronaldo and Arsenal can't keep Van Persie, then what right or chance would we have of keeping Suarez for his whole career? We'll get a nice £50-60 million and part ways happily.

People said we'd go down the crapper when Owen left; but then we got Torres. Then he left, and we was in the crapper again, but then we got Suarez. Football has its way of working these things out.

I think if there's a chance he might want to go (there obviously is a chance), and we got a 50-60m offer this summer, he'll go.

FSG will get the blame no doubt.

Do we think we'd get £50-60m for him? We are always rubbish in the transfer market, will probably get £20-30m plus some crap player from whoever buys him.

If he goes I can see Brendan moving Coutinho to a central role supporting Sturridge and buying a new winger.

The Uruguay international, though, was quoted in Thursday’s Liverpool Echo, from an original interview given in Uruguay, as saying: "If another team comes around with more prospects of competing in international club competition games, which is willing to have me, they are welcome.”

However, the Reds striker has since moved to set the record straight, stating that the quotes had been manipulated from the interview given in his homeland.

“I’m sad to read these things,” Suarez was quoted as telling Uruguayan radio by the Times. “When it’s in England, I accept it but I do not expect my words to be twisted over here [uruguay].”

I'm about as worried about Suarez leaving this season as I am about Hodgson coming back. Not happening.

Liverpool stand a chance of getting £40m plus. The thing they have in their favor is he has just signed a new contract so are not in a position where they have to sell this summer. So if clubs want him they'll have to meet their demands not having to compromise with bidding clubs due to contract running out. Only way they'll get little is if Suarez throws a paddy but he doesn't seem that sort of a player.

Whether the words were twisted or not, if we aren't in the CL and the likes of Man City, PSG, Real Madrid or Bayern make an offer then I'd be surprised to see him stay. I'm sure Michael Owen "loved" Liverpool at one time and Torres but their heads got turned.

If he wants to go this summer, I would sell him but only for £60m+. He's as good as Falcao and the price mooted for Falcao is £50m+. We demand extra because we're bigger and we can and if nobody wants to pay it, they can get stuffed and we'll keep Luis, thanks very much.

Big Club: Hello Mr Suarez, we are very interested in offering you Champions League football, but more importantly we would like to triple for wages. the only problem is your current club won't budge on their asking price. If you could hand in a transfer request and maybe say some things about being a prisoner to the press that would help the situation.

Mr Suarez: Although it is not in my nature to be devious this will help me improve my career and be seen as the top player I deserve to be. I'll do it.

Yep, any club is going to be tripling Suarez's 100k a week, yep.

Thought he was on closer to £80K. But lets face it he could get paid a lot more elsewhere.

I'll be back to tell "you told ya so" when you sell him for £35m and buy Michu for £20m.

Archived