The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

Where is Craig? Has he just not recovered from the whole Hazard thing. Part of me hopes the Hazard deals falls down and he somehow joins United just for Craig's reaction

Probably hooked up in an operations room somewhere, with big monitors all around him - with various twitter feeds.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mathieu Flamini is available on a free at the moment, wonder if he could be our Glazernomic solution for the DM type midfielder we need? Never loved him myself but the free part must be tempting to the club.

Never been a huge fan but if it's either him or nobody (in that position) I say get him signed, still young-ish, can do a job and at the very least it would mean we can afford to rest Carrick (or have a replacement if/when Carrick gets injured) for the odd game.

I'd take Flamini, always thought he was a decent player, and caused Arsenal to take a backwards step when he left iirc, although isn't he meant to be a bit disruptive? And I don't just mean the style of play.

He could even take Fletcher's shirt. Less character changes required. Will save the Glazer's £2

I'd take Flamini, always thought he was a decent player, and caused Arsenal to take a backwards step when he left iirc, although isn't he meant to be a bit disruptive? And I don't just mean the style of play.

He could even take Fletcher's shirt. Less character changes required. Will save the Glazer's £2

Has there been more news on Fletcher? Last I heard he was going to be back for the start of the 2012/13 season.

Mathieu Flamini is available on a free at the moment, wonder if he could be our Glazernomic solution for the DM type midfielder we need? Never loved him myself but the free part must be tempting to the club.

Would you pay the (reported) 120,000 Euro's a week he wanted?

And he seems to have taken a U-turn now anyway

Someone on another forum I use had dinner with Rene Meulensteen last night. Some summed up comments:

He says Nani is a bit thick and doesn't understand why he does what he does. Plays best on instinct but often gets over confident after good games and has a shocker.

Said against City they were not sent out to defend but to not give away silly goals and Park played because he is intelligent and good between the lines.

Optimistic about the young players we have especially Larnell[/b] and the Keanes.

Likes Leighton Baines but isn't a big fan of the twins.

Evra's form is down because he plays so much, no rest for 5 years.

Moaned about Pogba's agent.

Loves Kagawa.

Oh dear Rene. Got previous for talking a load of ***** doesn't he? Kept banging on about Stek all last summer iirc.

Someone on another forum I use had dinner with Rene Meulensteen last night. Some summed up comments:

He says Nani is a bit thick and doesn't understand why he does what he does. Plays best on instinct but often gets over confident after good games and has a shocker.

Said against City they were not sent out to defend but to not give away silly goals and Park played because he is intelligent and good between the lines.

Optimistic about the young players we have especially Larnell and the Keanes.

Likes Leighton Baines but isn't a big fan of the twins.

Evra's form is down because he plays so much, no rest for 5 years.

Moaned about Pogba's agent.

Loves Kagawa.

Loose lips sink ships. If this story is even true (not saying it isn't, but just a disclaimer), I hope the chap Rene talked to is a close friend of some type, as I wouldn't want Rene to go blabbering on about such issues to 'strangers'.

Footballer being thick though -- well, never would have thunk it..... :D

Kagawa confirmed and officially unveiled on the club site :thup:

Good stuff :thup: Can't wait to see him in action.

Im baaaaaaaccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkk

:D

My self imposed sabbactical from these parts is now official over.

Kagawa signing for us is a great deal, will be a top player and will be able to take some of the pressure off of Rooney up front.

I just hope he is played behind the striker/s though where he is most effective. Depends on formation though really.

Run in at the end of the season looks mighty tough.

Im baaaaaaaccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkk

:D

My self imposed sabbactical from these parts is now official over.

Kagawa signing for us is a great deal, will be a top player and will be able to take some of the pressure off of Rooney up front.

I just hope he is played behind the striker/s though where he is most effective. Depends on formation though really.

Run in at the end of the season looks mighty tough.

I wonder if he'll be tried out as a central mid. Be that attack minded creator behind Rooney and Chicharito/Welbeck.

I wonder if he'll be tried out as a central mid. Be that attack minded creator behind Rooney and Chicharito/Welbeck.

SAF will definitely try it, but it will be a disaster as he will get overrun in a 2 man midfield with ease.

The guy is an AM who can also feature out wide but never a CM.

SAF will definitely try it, but it will be a disaster as he will get overrun in a 2 man midfield with ease.

The guy is an AM who can also feature out wide but never a CM.

Aye, SAF the tactical incompetent who got us to two Champions League finals and 3 consecutive title wins in recent years. Yawn.

Archived