The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

Evra IS a weak link in our defence on current form. There are various reasons but the main one is he has been worked into the ground for five years without a break.

I think thats the most important thing here. We need someone here who can take some of the weight off of Evra's shoulders.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone sat in the Tiers W3101/W3106/E336/E331?

I'm getting a season ticket in W3101, it's right at the back of the stand, but the view does look fantastic, much better than the front row tiers as you can see the whole pitch. Just wondering if anyone had any experiences sat in those tiers as they're all pretty similar view wise.

I'm getting a season ticket in W3101, it's right at the back of the stand, but the view does look fantastic, much better than the front row tiers as you can see the whole pitch. Just wondering if anyone had any experiences sat in those tiers as they're all pretty similar view wise.

always find it weird sat at the back of either end stand cos all you can really see is the pitch and none of the other stands. got my st in w3106 row 9 this year though.

I'm in W3104 which is pretty much bang centre of the upper tier. Only issue with sitting behind the goal is you cannot tell which way a deflection has gone when it's at the other end of the ground. Positives being United shoot towards west stand 99% of the time in the second half & you get to stand up for 90 minutes every game.

You could probably get a ST in a better position than right at the back of the stand though, the demand is falling year on year. First year I had a ST I think it was 3 rows from the back. All those stairs got my fitness up.

Can you get better seats in your first year applying though? Didn't seem like we had many other options in the Stretford End for 2 people, and we did apply on the first day they came on sale.

(plus it's the 17 year old price, 50% off, so not sure if that had any sort of affect on seat positioning)

Reds' first-year intake

United have confirmed nine first-year Academy scholars ahead of next season, including James Wilson and Nicholas Ioannou.

The 16-year-old duo performed admirably during last season's FA Youth Cup run and will look to make further progress under coach Paul McGuinness.

Andreas Pereira appeared for the Under-18 side last term after arriving from PSV Eindhoven while Joshua Harrop and Ashley Fletcher also made fleeting appearances, with the latter even getting on the bench for the Reserves' Lancashire Senior Cup clash with Blackpool.

Defenders Ben Barber and Ryan McConnell are also part of the intake, along with midfielders Callum Evans and Matthew Willock, while Kieran O'Hara will compete for a place between the sticks after signing as an Under-17 Academy student.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/The-Academy/Academy-News/2012/Jul/2012-manchester-united-first-year-academy-intake-of-scholars.aspx

A few familiar names there... Which makes it even more interesting that they weren't even first-year scholars last year. :thup:

Saw a bit of Wilson for the U18's last term, he must have been back and forth between them and the academy. I quite liked the look of him as he seemed to have a lot of technical ability.

I think Ashley Fletcher played in the Aegon Future Cup a couple of times, can't say he stood out much but then again he hardly got a chance to iirc. Looking forward to seeing Pereira and hopefully Januzaj too.

And with that news Everton fans get even more nervous about the future of Baines. The club must be confident. Armero is a name I have heard as a backup option but we also watched Siqueira from Granada a bit as well.

Not that nervous, £20 million will go a long way.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/The-Academy/Academy-News/2012/Jul/2012-manchester-united-first-year-academy-intake-of-scholars.aspx

A few familiar names there... Which makes it even more interesting that they weren't even first-year scholars last year. :thup:

Pereira the standout player in there. I like the look of Wilson and Ioannou isn't bad either. Would keep an eye on Josh Harrop though. Attacking midfielder, likes to run with the ball and he's got two good feet as well.

We'll struggle through with rotation and players out of position until Jan, when on the eve of our 3rd round FA Cup tie Robbo will announce he's coming out of retirement. Reason we're keeping the #7 free innit.

Well Juve announced the signings of Kwadwo Asamoah and Mauricio Isla today, Pogba would be mental to move there now with Vidal, Pirlo, Asamoah, Melo and Marchisio all way ahead of him, not that I still don't fully expect he will move mind.

Seems strange that as it stands Petrucci, Pogba and Fryers are out of contract, as well as a few others and yet the club hasn't made any announcement about their future. Nor have clubs like Juve or Spurs that are the clubs that Pogba and Fryers are going to.

Although they're out of contract, they're still at the club and will be until they sign elsewhere or decide to leave immediately. And Petrucci has signed a 3 year deal according to some reports.

Pogba would have more chance breaking into United's team IMO. Juventus have loads of CM and have also bought Asamoah and Isla in addition and are expected to get Verratti as well. Pogba may have to play for the primavera side for a while but who knows

The way people have been talking, they make it sound like Pogba is motivated by money. If thats the case then he'll go regardless of how many people are ahead of him.

Clevz has been defending his "brand" on twitter to Scott the Red. Fair play to him to be honest. Said he was bored while he was injured and it's something he might use once football's over.

I still think it's a bit shameful to have a brand at his age/stage in his career, but to each his own.

Anyone else annoyed at the Moutinho rumour? We let him slip away from Sporting (good relationship) to Porto and then think about getting him even though his price is now going to be at least double what it would have been a year/two-years ago when we could have been developing him to be what we need now.

Are we hoping that he stays?

Fergie said to MUTV today that he is working on one or two things but has nothing to say yet because negotiations are so long and difficult at this time of year etc.

The thing with Moutinho is that even though he is more expensive now he is about 34% 3rd party owned and that money can be distributed to whoever they want ie it ends up back with people here.

Things always seem shady when its to do with portuguese football it seems.

another whisper regarding Axel Witsel, what do people think of him, could he do the business?

Some of the people I talk to about football and know him seem to think that he's an aggressive one. Probably has to do with that leg breaking incident back when he was at standard (which I refuse to watch).

Berbs never plays - complete waste of money. How often would a fourth choice striker play? And never in an important game either so no point. Fergie may rave about what a brilliant footballer he is but obviously doesn't trust him. Get rid now!

Archived