Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Hi! I may have a stupid question that has a obvious answer, or maybe not. The thing I've been wondering about is if it's possible to make your fullbacks occupy their respective half-spaces? And a question about wingers, if it's possible to make them huge the touchline to really provide width and stretch the opposition defense?

i don't have the editor, what do you mean free up Ca improve it or something else?

another question, when you see players with alot of red arrows redistibuting attributes does this mean they have reached their peak or just their CA for example if PA is 170 but CA is 155 would attributes be distibuted with red arrows as they have'nt improved more than this or do they keep improving untill they hit a ceiling?

If you don't have the Editor, how do you know a players' CA and PA?

Forget CA and PA, for all intents and purposes they don't exist. They are simply a method for the game to ensure everyone has a different potential they may reach, and to make sure there is a limit to how "good" a player can become. They're not meant to be used by us. Just focus on player attributes and your own coach reports - they contain all the information you need.

Red arrows can mean different things, but they can also mean a very short term hiccup. Look at players long term development graphs to see if there is an overall upward trend. If there is then there is no issue.

I'm really getting the feeling of deja vu at the moment...with all the questions you ask, do you forget what you have already asked and had replies to?

Hi! I may have a stupid question that has a obvious answer, or maybe not. The thing I've been wondering about is if it's possible to make your fullbacks occupy their respective half-spaces? And a question about wingers, if it's possible to make them huge the touchline to really provide width and stretch the opposition defense?

The half space is a new hipster term- what do you actually mean by it? You want them pushing up into the final third? And wingers can be instructed to hug the touchline. I don't have my FM up at the moment to double check, but it is PI for the winger I believe.

The half space is a new hipster term- what do you actually mean by it? You want them pushing up into the final third? And wingers can be instructed to hug the touchline. I don't have my FM up at the moment to double check, but it is PI for the winger I believe.

I don't know about that! Here's a picture which illustrate the halfspace(s)! I want my fullbacks occupying their respective halfspace and offer support to the midfield. In turn, I want my wingers to provide the width by hugging the touchline and stretch the opposition defense.

half-space.png

I don't know about that! Here's a picture which illustrate the halfspace(s)! I want my fullbacks occupying their respective halfspace and offer support to the midfield. In turn, I want my wingers to provide the width by hugging the touchline and stretch the opposition defense.

half-space.png

I see what you mean. I just laugh a bit because it wasn't a term I ever heard until the last year or two :). So it looks like you want them to hang back to support the midfield- probably a defend duty will be what you want, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get them tuck in quite like that. Your wingers as I mentioned above can be set to hug the touchline, so that will do what you want.

Is the static target man PPM, much use for a poacher as well? It seems to be called penalty box player PPM in some editors/scout programs

Would the move into channels PI be an effective way to get some width out of a central mid? Especially in a narrow formation.

I play a flat 4132, with one DM and three CMs. The one CM in the center is ball-winning midfielder, while the two others are advanced playmakers. My assistant says there's too much distance between midfield and attack, allowing the opponent time to build play from the back. Is there any way to solve this problem without adding wingers or attacking midfielders? I like my current positional setup and would like to keep it, so I hope there are some instructions that allows me to solve this.

I have responsibilitie over everything. Now the training workload is sitting at medium, however looking at individual training everyone have a heavy intensity without any typ of extra training, ppm or positional training.

Starting to believe this must be a bug ?

I have the same problem with Ebbsfleet. I am on 25th of July, first season. At the beggining of the game I set the general training on fitness high. To every player I set individual training as it was suggested by my AM in Backroom Advice tab. I didn't set anything related to the individual intensity, I didn't find such an option. Do you know where can I find such an option?

Moreover, I observed that the individual intensity is different for my players, even if they have the same age (26) and are key players. Do you know why and how it is possible to resolve the problem?

Some of my players say that the intensity is too heavt for them.

Is it wishful thinking that during tutoring, the hidden attributes will only improve. for example, if i want a player with high consistency but is a dirty player to tutor a player with low cosnsistency but is a bit of a goody goody, will both consistency and dirtiness be affected or just the consistency. Cheers

Salve,

quick question - assuming you have good players for the role (Boateng, Laporte) is there any reason NOT to use a BPD-D, BPD-D combo instead of the standard CD-D, CD-D? I know BPD have more risky passes and that's okay, but are there any "hidden" changes, eg automatically higher defense line with BPD or else?

Thanks

Would the move into channels PI be an effective way to get some width out of a central mid? Especially in a narrow formation.

It could do, yes. I don't think you should expect to see a great deal of width out of it, but he should drift wide on the attack for you.

I play a flat 4132, with one DM and three CMs. The one CM in the center is ball-winning midfielder, while the two others are advanced playmakers. My assistant says there's too much distance between midfield and attack, allowing the opponent time to build play from the back. Is there any way to solve this problem without adding wingers or attacking midfielders? I like my current positional setup and would like to keep it, so I hope there are some instructions that allows me to solve this.

First off, ignore the assman. What is important is what you see. Likely you are getting that message because you have your two forwards on attack or in roles that push forward while your midfield three have much lower mentalities. The assman generates responses based on stats and numbers. For example, it your defenders are winning lots of headers, he'll tell you you should put more balls into the box because you are winning most of the headers!?!?!

The key is if your setup is working for you. If you don't find your attackers are isolated and you are playing as you want, you are good.

I have the same problem with Ebbsfleet. I am on 25th of July, first season. At the beggining of the game I set the general training on fitness high. To every player I set individual training as it was suggested by my AM in Backroom Advice tab. I didn't set anything related to the individual intensity, I didn't find such an option. Do you know where can I find such an option?

Moreover, I observed that the individual intensity is different for my players, even if they have the same age (26) and are key players. Do you know why and how it is possible to resolve the problem?

Some of my players say that the intensity is too heavt for them.

In 16 you can no longer set individual training intensities for players. Players that complain about the high intensity are generally less professional, but their moaning doesn't affect anything. I ignore the complaints.

Is it wishful thinking that during tutoring, the hidden attributes will only improve. for example, if i want a player with high consistency but is a dirty player to tutor a player with low cosnsistency but is a bit of a goody goody, will both consistency and dirtiness be affected or just the consistency. Cheers

Consistency can't be changed via tutoring. It changes over time, if it changes at all, and with experience. Not ever seen dirtiness changed by tutoring either, but I won't go so far as to say it doesn't as I don't have empirical proof. I don't think it does, though. Big matches won't change via tutoring either. It works like consistency- time and experience.

Consistency can't be changed via tutoring. It changes over time, if it changes at all, and with experience. Not ever seen dirtiness changed by tutoring either, but I won't go so far as to say it doesn't as I don't have empirical proof. I don't think it does, though. Big matches won't change via tutoring either. It works like consistency- time and experience.

oh.. so what actually does tutoring affect?

oh.. so what actually does tutoring affect?

Professionalism, Determination, Ambition, Pressure, Loyalty, Temperament, Controversy, Adaptability, Sportsmanship, plus PPMs if you have select the right option (off the pitch option won't affect PPMs).

Professionalism, Determination, Ambition, Pressure, Loyalty, Temperament, Controversy, Adaptability, Sportsmanship, plus PPMs if you have select the right option (off the pitch option won't affect PPMs).

On that, what's the difference between the two options for tutoring, is it just PPMs being passed on?

Is there a thread discussing set pieces? Can't seem to find one....

There have been several indivual threads discussing corners primarily over the past few months, but I don't think there has been a comprehensive setpiece thread in a great long while. Perhaps one could be started? It doesn't seem that threads about set pieces generate a lot of interest for some reason, though. Would be worth a shot, if you wanted to crank one up.

On that, what's the difference between the two options for tutoring, is it just PPMs being passed on?

Yes, just that, otherwise they work the same.

In 16 you can no longer set individual training intensities for players. Players that complain about the high intensity are generally less professional, but their moaning doesn't affect anything. I ignore the complaints.

Ok, but why I have a different workload for my players? On the team's training page, you can only set for all the team. When I go on every's player page, the workload is different, it is not the same for everybody. What is the reason or the tool for that difference and how much does it matter in FM 2016? What is the correct setting in order to raise their attributes as you choose?

At the beggining of the game, if you afford, it is ok to buy a lot of youngsters and to let them in your 18/21 years old squad, in order to raise their attributes and to sell them later on? I just started with Ebbsfleet in Vanarama South and I have about 100k Euro for buying players.

Ok, but why I have a different workload for my players? On the team's training page, you can only set for all the team. When I go on every's player page, the workload is different, it is not the same for everybody. What is the reason or the tool for that difference and how much does it matter in FM 2016? What is the correct setting in order to raise their attributes as you choose?

At the beggining of the game, if you afford, it is ok to buy a lot of youngsters and to let them in your 18/21 years old squad, in order to raise their attributes and to sell them later on? I just started with Ebbsfleet in Vanarama South and I have about 100k Euro for buying players.

I don't have my FM up at the moment to poke around, but you are correct that you set only for the team. The workload for each player is team training + role/position training + individual focus + PPMs. So if your team setting is at medium, and you have any of the others, it will raise the load. That said, it doesn't matter that I've ever found. I routinely have heavy workloads and not seen any negative effects outside of players moaning a little. There is not a magic forumla for raising attributes. Attributes will raise through match experience and over time if the player can improve. The training directs how the improvements are distributed but doesn't cause attributes to rise.

As for your second question, that might be okay as a strategy, but at the level you are playing I don't know how much luck you will have making a profit on the players. Teams down there just don't pay much if anything for players, unless you get lucky with a prospect that attracts attention from bigger clubs.

How come I cant change crossing settings on players playing in the AML/AMR position? It's either Cross often (wingers) or cross never (AP/IF/Raum).

(I am aware the Wide Targetman let's you decide yourself).

Playing a 4 man backline against a lone striker, what is the best approach? Should both CDs just be regular defenders, or should one be stopper and one cover? I assumed the latter, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work. But it SHOULD work. So I think there was something wrong with how I implemented it. I played the slower defender as stopper and the faster one as cover, for one thing. Does limited vs. ball playing vs. regular make a difference? I didn't do anything special with mark tighter, either TI or PI. Was that a mistake on my part?

I see what you mean. I just laugh a bit because it wasn't a term I ever heard until the last year or two :). So it looks like you want them to hang back to support the midfield- probably a defend duty will be what you want, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get them tuck in quite like that. Your wingers as I mentioned above can be set to hug the touchline, so that will do what you want.

I suspected that! Thanks anyway.

I have another question thou. Which role is the more attacking-minded of the fullbacks? Is it wingback - attack or is it complete wingback - attack?

I suspected that! Thanks anyway.

I have another question thou. Which role is the more attacking-minded of the fullbacks? Is it wingback - attack or is it complete wingback - attack?

Complete Wingback as far as I recall is the most attacking you can get- but I won't swear to it as I don't have my game up and to be honest, I have used just the wingback attack role (playing at too low a level to have need or players that can play the complete role) and that sucker gets it done-it's pretty attacking. Perhaps someone else here can elaborate on what the major differences are.

Do different formation by themselves affect the behavior of the defenders? When playing 4-1-2-2-1, my defensive players don't do many last ditch tackles and are far less inclined to throw themselves in order to block shots, than in the 4-2-3-1 Narrow. I use no PI-s in the defense, while pressing intensity is identical for both formations. I don't have get Stuck in as active. The Shape is Flexible in the 4-2-3-1 formation, while in the other one it's Structured.

Do different formation by themselves affect the behavior of the defenders? When playing 4-1-2-2-1, my defensive players don't do many last ditch tackles and are far less inclined to throw themselves in order to block shots, than in the 4-2-3-1 Narrow. I use no PI-s in the defense, while pressing intensity is identical for both formations. I don't have get Stuck in as active. The Shape is Flexible in the 4-2-3-1 formation, while in the other one it's Structured.

No the formation has little bearing other than how they position in defensive transitions. But obviously the players are positioned vastly different in both the formations you mentioned. What they do and how frequent is down to actual settings, PPM's and attributes.

I am currently a top 4 team who dominates at home but struggles away against bigger teams as i play quite open so am trying to set up a formation to be a bit more solid and counter so i can maybe snatch a 0-1 win away or just not get thumped all the time. I want my team to counter quickly and be direct when the time is right but also play the ball around and try and keep possession to give them a breather and maybe waste some time when a counter isn't on. Am i right to think that if i set it up to keep possession and short passing with a counter mentality that they would play slower and more conservatively unless a counter was on when they would play quickly and direct? Don't want to set it up and they just counteract each other.

3EGZ7r.jpg

Hello. Explain to me how this is even possible. AI keep occupying the same space with their players in this tool, but when i watch their movement they actually playing way wider.

How do AI do this? position their players like this and still playing really wide. This game is not only starting to **** me off, it is not making any sense.

3EGZ7r.jpg

Hello. Explain to me how this is even possible. AI keep occupying the same space with their players in this tool, but when i watch their movement they actually playing way wider.

How do AI do this? position their players like this and still playing really wide. This game is not only starting to **** me off, it is not making any sense.

You would be able to see that their wide players and strikers swap regularly during the match.

You would be able to see that their wide players and strikers swap regularly during the match.

No not really, they are playing a flat 4-4-2. How is their wide midfielders behaving like this?

How am i suppose to react to such bizzare AI magic.

This is not the only time they play like this, AI seems to do it allot of times.

If i understand you correct, if the wingers are swapping sides means they end up in the middle like that looking like a 4-2-2-2?

No not really, they are playing a flat 4-4-2. How is their wide midfielders behaving like this?

How am i suppose to react to such bizzare AI magic.

This is not the only time they play like this, AI seems to do it allot of times.

If i understand you correct, if the wingers are swapping sides means they end up in the middle like that looking like a 4-2-2-2?

It's just an average position. If a player spends 50% of his time on one wing, and 50% of his time on the other wing, his "average" position will be somewhere near the middle.

That's why the average positions map that you posted looks like a 4-2-2-2.

I would like to be able to get the 4123 to work but tbh the 4141 just defends much better for me, even if I use the 2 wide players in the 4123 as support duties.

I have 2 questions:

1. If i mark TI "run at defence" and for example for striker PI "dribble less" how he will behave? its on or off option or both of this instructions will make my striker movement at default, and run at defence + dribble more will make hes runs even more ofen?

2. How to get benefit from team full of hard working players? My team, especially midfielders and strikers are very good at bravery, aggression, teamwork, determination and work rate. What style of play will get most benefit from this attributes?

More of a discussion starter than question - "Pirlo role". Is it closer to a Regista or a DLP? I can't quite manage to implement a playmaker in front of defence that has such control over the game as Pirlo had especially during his Juventus years, so I would like to hear some opinions.

Ok its bugging me.

Is crossing and passing linked in any way? Say if i had someone with 20 crossing and 1 passing whats the outcome. In my head crossing is just passing horizontal from the byline.

Ok its bugging me.

Is crossing and passing linked in any way? Say if i had someone with 20 crossing and 1 passing whats the outcome. In my head crossing is just passing horizontal from the byline.

You could say shooting is just passing it into the net.

They aren't linked afaik.

I have 2 questions:

1. If i mark TI "run at defence" and for example for striker PI "dribble less" how he will behave? its on or off option or both of this instructions will make my striker movement at default, and run at defence + dribble more will make hes runs even more ofen?

2. How to get benefit from team full of hard working players? My team, especially midfielders and strikers are very good at bravery, aggression, teamwork, determination and work rate. What style of play will get most benefit from this attributes?

For 1, yes, they instructions are stackable, so he would dribble less, but then dribble more and dribble more, so he would make dribbles more often in that scenario, but not as much as he would if you had the PI dribble less off. 2. Whatever style you play will benefit from players with those mental attributes as they will work hard and get involved as part of the way they play. You could opt for a physical style to get an edge, though. Ultimately though you want a system that will work for you in terms of skills and suitability, so I wouldn't try to base a style just off those attributes alone.

More of a discussion starter than question - "Pirlo role". Is it closer to a Regista or a DLP? I can't quite manage to implement a playmaker in front of defence that has such control over the game as Pirlo had especially during his Juventus years, so I would like to hear some opinions.

I am no expert but:

Pirlo at Milan was more of DLP when he was moved deeper.

Pirlo at Juventus and Italy with 3 defenders (Rossi dropping into defence) was more of a Regista.

Is the static target man PPM, much use for a poacher as well? It seems to be called penalty box player PPM in some editors/scout programs

Anyone help?

Anyone help?

He's the type of player its only really suitable for, so yes. It is a penalty box player, it was just renamed in FM16 but it's still the 'penalty box player' from FM15.

He's the type of player its only really suitable for, so yes. It is a penalty box player, it was just renamed in FM16 but it's still the 'penalty box player' from FM15.

Cheers Cleon, just wondered. I presume its static as in the penalty spot to 6 yr line, no channels etc.

Cheers Cleon, just wondered. I presume its static as in the penalty spot to 6 yr line, no channels etc.

Yeah it just means they'll do very little other than stand in the box i.e Gary Lineker.

I currently have a half back playing in front of the back 4. Stays very central, always demands the ball and every attack starts with him. Pretty much dictates the tempo of the game. Wanted a pirlo like role as have a player perfect for it and this is the closest i have found (well older Pirlo anyway).

I am no expert but:

Pirlo at Milan was more of DLP when he was moved deeper.

Pirlo at Juventus and Italy with 3 defenders (Rossi dropping into defence) was more of a Regista.

I'd have said this too.

I was a bit closer to Regista due to roaming, but wasn't qute sure. Even in 4-3-1-2/4-4-2 diamond at Juventus, his role didn't change, so Regista it is. Thanks :)

I was a bit closer to Regista due to roaming, but wasn't qute sure. Even in 4-3-1-2/4-4-2 diamond at Juventus, his role didn't change, so Regista it is. Thanks :)

prnsy.jpg

I guess I'm satisfied with passing percentage, 10 key passes, 5 interceptions and an assist. First time I use Regista, I should have tried it earlier. Very Pirlo-esque.