Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

now, i basically get no green effect from team talks, it just says deep in thought etc, no happy or motavating etc, i can sometimes on assertive but less so but almost never for calm or passion at start of game and i did, it seems i've basically used those two tones up?

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes a basic one is enough but in other cases players might need to go on an extra course because they're struggling to adapt to the language and learn it.

so one player might be fine with basic while another not so and needs more school?

is this all relevant to them fitting in and staving off homesickness?

Thanks

now, i basically get no green effect from team talks, it just says deep in thought etc, no happy or motavating etc, i can sometimes on assertive but less so but almost never for calm or passion at start of game and i did, it seems i've basically used those two tones up?

Think about what you're saying here? You can't 'use up' tones. That's just silly.

The 'green' effect is an increase in morale. That doesn't mean it is necessarily good. How high is morale before the talk? If it's already Very Good or Superb, you can't get much better, can you?

i am talking about things like, happy, fired up, motivated etc they are coloured green while distressed etc are coloured red?

As I said, green indicates a morale increase. Green isn't always good, so don't pay too much attention to it. The green is only good and needed when morale is on the low side. Players will still "listen keenly" etc, so there's always a response.

juat noticed something interesting on certain formation you can only move your def line to slightly higher as the furthest forward, anyone know of any similar things?

It's because of the mentality selected. If you choose, say, Attacking mentality, that comes with a very high def line set by default, so you can't move it much higher.

In terms of other similar things? Take a look - start a new tactic with no Team Instructions set. Start with Defensive mentality and click through each mentality in turn: note how default settings (such as width, tempo, def line, pressing etc) change in a progressive manner.

Am I right in thinking the following. In regards to for this example a WM/S with Get further forward compared to WM/A

With having them on WM/S with the PI. They will position themselves as they would as a WM/S but when the team has the ball they will actively try to get further forward? Compared to a WM/A who would naturally position himself further forward to begin with when the team don't have the ball?

It's mainly because I had one game where I felt the LM of my side could have done with getting further forward, but I was hesitant to do it because the RM is already on an Attack duty, so it made me avoid it in the end. But I was hoping to check for future games if I feel there is something he could exploit.

Thanks for reply.

Really dumb question now, but what is the difference from the DLP(S) and the AP(S)? I can see the DLP has hold position as a PI, hold position, so I assume that means he sits further back and doesn't venture that much forward, I've tried both roles and watching a game but I can't see any difference, I'm not blaming the game here I'm 100% certain it is my inability to spot these things.

Also CM(A) and BBM(S) pretty much same type of role but BBM(S) offers more defensive support?

Would really appreciate a response, sorry for the bump.

As I said, green indicates a morale increase. Green isn't always good, so don't pay too much attention to it. The green is only good and needed when morale is on the low side. Players will still "listen keenly" etc, so there's always a response.

aren't the best reactions the green one's like fired up motivated etc?

it seems to me that the responses have changed, but maybe i'm imagining or probably overeacting to it.

Thanks

Would really appreciate a response, sorry for the bump.

i'm no expert at all but, the player you are using has an effect on how they play as well so if you are using the same player with different roles there will be some similarities. (i think)

i have a player i'm switching from AP (s)to(a) depending on circumstance and it's not obvious from viewing the game the difference.

just one more thing, so i've just given a team talk two players already on superb morale, one got green reaction (looked to gain confidence) and the other (seemed motivated) so when you say green is about morale what do you mean? another player got the reaction listened passionately but not in green, so are they all just different.

aren't the best reactions the green one's like fired up motivated etc?

it seems to me that the responses have changed, but maybe i'm imagining or probably overeacting to it.

Thanks

As I've asked before, are you doing well that your squad's morale is always high? Have you been buying high profile players who have big reputations, especially compared to yours? There could be a lot of reasons.

Fired up and motivated are obviously (normally) good reactions, but not all 'green' reactions are good all the time. You could be letting over-confidence slip into the team.

just one more thing, so i've just given a team talk two players already on superb morale, one got green reaction (looked to gain confidence) and the other (seemed motivated) so when you say green is about morale what do you mean? another player got the reaction listened passionately but not in green, so are they all just different.

Gaining confidence when it should be quite high already on Superb morale may not be a good thing. Check the Team Talk Feedback screen if you want to know in more detail as I'm just speculating now.

Why does "go route one" makes the team more narrow? I thought it, being the most extreme of attacking instructions, would look to make the play wider

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/423054-Lines-and-Diamonds-The-Tactician-s-Handbook-for-Football-Manager-2015-%28Part-3-Updated%29?p=10256030&viewfull=1#post10256030

According to this, it doesn't make the team narrower.

Am I right in thinking the following. In regards to for this example a WM/S with Get further forward compared to WM/A

With having them on WM/S with the PI. They will position themselves as they would as a WM/S but when the team has the ball they will actively try to get further forward? Compared to a WM/A who would naturally position himself further forward to begin with when the team don't have the ball?

It's mainly because I had one game where I felt the LM of my side could have done with getting further forward, but I was hesitant to do it because the RM is already on an Attack duty, so it made me avoid it in the end. But I was hoping to check for future games if I feel there is something he could exploit.

Think this question may have been missed during the other questions so was giving it a little bump.

Just wondered if anyone knew if I'm thinking correctly or if a WM/S with the PI would act too much like a WM/A?

Thanks,

Think this question may have been missed during the other questions so was giving it a little bump.

Just wondered if anyone knew if I'm thinking correctly or if a WM/S with the PI would act too much like a WM/A?

Thanks,

I believe mentality also represent a player thinking. An attacking mentality player thinking is always to try to pass the ball forward and always trying to go forward. A support player(even with forward run) will link up play more.

Can a player with PPM's of 'dictates tempo' and 'likes to switch ball to other flank' work as a BBM?

Yes- the PPMs will govern what he tends to do with the ball in whatever strata of the field he is in. W/O the ball he will push up as the role indicates, and then the PPms won't affect what he does defensively. It might not be ideal depending on what you are looking for the BBM to do when you have possession, but no reason for it not to work.

Yes- the PPMs will govern what he tends to do with the ball in whatever strata of the field he is in. W/O the ball he will push up as the role indicates, and then the PPms won't affect what he does defensively. It might not be ideal depending on what you are looking for the BBM to do when you have possession, but no reason for it not to work.

Hello everyone.

Should i worrying about offside trap, when playing (in reason of injures, fatigue and so on) with new combination of central defender. Or it is all about tactical familiarity and players attributes?

so my best player is being played as an advanced playmaker which i great as i want him on the ball the most, but it annoys me they have shoot less stuck on, so which other role would people suggest to make him still the creator but more of a goal scoring threat?

so my best player is being played as an advanced playmaker which i great as i want him on the ball the most, but it annoys me they have shoot less stuck on, so which other role would people suggest to make him still the creator but more of a goal scoring threat?
Surely they are mutually exclusive? If you want a player to be your creative fulcrum you do not want them wasting possession by taking shots when the could retain or recycle possession while they/the team look for a better scoring chance.

Are you seeing him not taking obvious chances to have a shot that does not include a low percentage effort from distance?

Have a read of this, I did a piece about getting my AMC to be more creative and to score more;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/427810-Meet-The-Attacking-Midfield-Playmaker

training question, my stars are good and the workloads are low, but there;s still space to get in a few more coaches which my board advices, but is there a reason to do this? (hire more)

No reason, really. The bigger staff sizes are for bigger squads so they don't get spread too thin and lose effectiveness.

what attributes do people most value when looking for ass manager and under 21/18 managers?

I look for a) a coaching area I need to be better and try to find one with that first then b) Discipline, Determination, Motivating are a must for any coach then c) Working with youngsters. Helpful but not necessary are the Judging players attributes. I like to have them decent at this, but it is a simple matter to get your coach reports from a different person if they are poor talent evaluators :)

I look for a) a coaching area I need to be better and try to find one with that first then b) Discipline, Determination, Motivating are a must for any coach then c) Working with youngsters. Helpful but not necessary are the Judging players attributes. I like to have them decent at this, but it is a simple matter to get your coach reports from a different person if they are poor talent evaluators :)

for the youth team managers, do you think any paticular attribute effects their development?

for the youth team managers, do you think any paticular attribute effects their development?

Whose development, the manager or the players? If you mean players, then working with youngsters being high will make their training more effective, otherwise, the DDM as I mentioned above is key for getting high star ratings, and then whatever area you want that manager to coach in- attack, shooting etc. then that should be high. All of the relevant attributes affect youth development on the training pitch.

I have a huge problem defending indirect free kicks. My players consistently takes a a quite high defensive line and try to do some type of offside trap. Opponents are always aiming the freekick to the far post, and they always have a player who runs into the open space and unmarked finishes towards goal while my players will remain in the high defense just standing there. I have tried diffrent instructions for my players, like go back and man mark but the same thing happens over and over again.

And no, i dont have offside trap as a TI and usually plays with a deep defensive line.

How come I cant select PPM training for about half my players? The option is just not there. I am playing as Villareal in the second season.

Tutoring could be a possible reason.

Hello everyone.

I have two questions

1) I very often reading about increasing of frequency of forward runs. But with what setting i could achieve this? Get further forward or more attack duties?

2) i read before, that move into channels makes player to look a vertical spaces (between midfield and defence) and get further forward makes players to look a horisontal spaces (between cd and fb). Is it correct?

Hello everyone.

I have two questions

1) I very often reading about increasing of frequency of forward runs. But with what setting i could achieve this? Get further forward or more attack duties?

2) i read before, that move into channels makes player to look a vertical spaces (between midfield and defence) and get further forward makes players to look a horisontal spaces (between cd and fb). Is it correct?

1 - More than likely, Attack duties, as they will the attempt these runs Often instead or Sometimes.

2 - The other way around. Getting forward should immediately tell you that we're not talking horizontally. The channel is the vertical space between DC and DR/DL. Get Further Forward just asks a player to be further forward though. The instruction doesn't ask him to look for space.

HUNT3R,

Thanks for the answer.

But why Inside Forward or Winger haven't "move into channels" instructions? But BBM or CM have. Opposite situation looks much more logical for me.

Also, it is possible in CM isntructions to turn on at the same moment and "hold position" and "move into channels". What behavior it will be. How he will running between DC and DR/DL if he (CM!) have to hold position?

anyone tried to play with 2 TM? I just swapped to smply 442 with 2 target mans as Aston Villa (Kozak+Gestede) and I smash the league. After implement this tactic in 1st January, I loss one game vs Chelsea away and draw one vs Leicester home. Rest of matches won including away vs Arsenal and United. It seems so overpowered.