Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even if they let you use it for little things nothing to big like fifa manager were you buy a house and boat lol :p but something little dont no what really anyone got any ideas ??

In my opinion we should be-able to spend our well earned money on whistling pinwheels and party poopers. Now that's what I call an exciting new feature :D

Yes but why would he be working with another company just to improve press-conferenced and teamtalks? That is just a case of adding new text. I cant see any need for legalities in that.

My guess is they have done a deal with some kind of company/league to add something into the game. This is why I was thinking maybe the Premier League to include real logo's or whatever else comes with it. Or maybe with the German National Team to include the real squad.

Maybe some kind of Kit Maker program so you can make your own kits and add them to the game. Possibly in conjunction with Nike.

Who knows, but I'd say its more of a cosmetic issue with regards to adding some kind of graphics or use of data than just adding new text. Like I say, why would they be doing deals and signing legal paperwork just to add new lines of text?

Maybe Konami will finally let Japanese league and players be in FM11? Really wishful thinking on my part... :p

The possibilities, in random order:

- implementation of real Japanese league and players

- implementation of real German national team

- Premier League logos and pictures

- kit maker with Nike

- having sponsorships with real companies, including kits and the possibility of having a real stadium named after a company (eg. Nike Stadium)

- something else? :)

I'm loving the fact they've added dynamic teams rivalry and dynamic league reputation. I hope that also included dynamic team reputation. In dozens of seasons teams can loose or gain massive reputation. Just think of N. Forest winning CL and the english title in '78 and Derby winning the title in '75.

guys i dont know what this means but i have just seen a release date for fm11 on game saying the 29/10/2010 here is the link http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Sport-Football-Management/Football-Manager-2011/~r350886/?s=football%20manager%202011

only play.com says that the game will be available on 10th december, the rest of the companies say 29th october.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread S.I please confirm that you will no longer be automatically removed from Icons list and hated just for leaving. It's completely unrealistic in many circumstances (not all though) and really spoils the game at the moment imo.

Also, it'd be nice if when you returned to your old club, the crowd acknowledged you, for good or bad.

And the dream would be if the game started to refer back to old managers and teams in comparison to the current lot. And players in the media could compare the current manager favourably/unfavourably with how you did things. In reality this is one of the most important and talked about aspects of the game and its completely missing in FM at the moment.

Ive just read the article. Do you think it could be some kind of deal with the Premier League? Maybe German national team. Something along those lines?

I reckon they're trying to get a hot chick with big tits on the cover, but her "agent" isn't happy yet.

No? :D

Again - disappointed with lack of stadium editing and improving capabilities. That's one of my favourite's features in EA's Fifa Manager... :(

Before FM11 was announced, I read somewhere here on Forums, that we will have more control over stadiums in FM11.

Again - disappointed with lack of stadium editing and improving capabilities. That's one of my favourite's features in EA's Fifa Manager... :(

So they've now released a complete features list have they? I must have missed it :confused:

I think the individual player conversations should differ with the character and morale of the player

So not every player would be like "hello, you wanted to talk to me"

Some maybe "you wanted to tell me something?"

If you get what I mean, just a nice little touch it would be

i hope that for tactics training and in-game tactics, we will be able to have 2 formations to switch between during the game which the team will automatically switch between.. for example, when the team is having possession they will play 4-2-3-1.. and if they do not have possession, the team will revert to a 4-4-1-1 and these 2 formations will have 2 different sets of tactics, for example the player roaming and mentality etc.. mayb its too late to be put in this game, but i think it would be a good feature for "expert" players who want more control over their team..

^_^

i hope that for tactics training and in-game tactics, we will be able to have 2 formations to switch between during the game which the team will automatically switch between.. for example, when the team is having possession they will play 4-2-3-1.. and if they do not have possession, the team will revert to a 4-4-1-1 and these 2 formations will have 2 different sets of tactics, for example the player roaming and mentality etc.. mayb its too late to be put in this game, but i think it would be a good feature for "expert" players who want more control over their team..

^_^

Very little chance of this happening as it's already been done, all hail wibble/wobble.

Can't wait, sounds brilliant.

Question: I like the dynamic league reputation but it's not going to become silly is it? (i.e. I iwin champs league with FC Zurich twice and then suddenly all the very best players in the world want to come to switzerland).

Also, has the crash dumps issue been sorted?

Great games, kutgw

Question: I like the dynamic league reputation but it's not going to become silly is it? (i.e. I iwin champs league with FC Zurich twice and then suddenly all the very best players in the world want to come to switzerland).

Great games, kutgw

No it doesnt work like that. Miles has already said it wont make a difference to people who play 5-10 season saves. This feature is for more long term games like 20-30 years where teams from that country have constant success over a long period of time.

Great games, kutgw

You need to view other Switzerland teams, career in European Championships.

You can win Champions League twice, but other Switzerland teams can do bad performances.

Yes but why would he be working with another company just to improve press-conferenced and teamtalks? That is just a case of adding new text. I cant see any need for legalities in that.

My guess is they have done a deal with some kind of company/league to add something into the game. This is why I was thinking maybe the Premier League to include real logo's or whatever else comes with it. Or maybe with the German National Team to include the real squad.

Maybe some kind of Kit Maker program so you can make your own kits and add them to the game. Possibly in conjunction with Nike.

Who knows, but I'd say its more of a cosmetic issue with regards to adding some kind of graphics or use of data than just adding new text. Like I say, why would they be doing deals and signing legal paperwork just to add new lines of text?

For the nth time: as long as EA hold the exclusive EPL license, FM will never ship with EPL logos or kits. Get used to it, and do what we all do to fix it.

For the nth time: as long as the German FA forbids it, Germany will always ship without the real team. Get used to it, and do what we all do to fix it.

Kit maker would be cool, especially if Nike or Puma would sponsor/license it.

For the nth time: as long as EA hold the exclusive EPL license, FM will never ship with EPL logos or kits. Get used to it, and do what we all do to fix it.

For the nth time: as long as the German FA forbids it, Germany will always ship without the real team. Get used to it, and do what we all do to fix it.

Kit maker would be cool, especially if Nike or Puma would sponsor/license it.

Where did I say any of this was true. It was just examples. I cant see it being the EPL license but why is the German National team so hard to believe. We dont know what work is going on behind the scenes. For all we know they may have acted and tried to get exclusive rights for Germany seeing as FIFA Manager seems to do quite well there.

I also worry that the dynamic reputation system will be too dynamic, leading to a lot of swings in reputation across the continents. A couple Champions League wins and all of a sudden Switzerland steals the European talent from France or Germany, that would be too much.

I also worry that the dynamic reputation system will be too dynamic, leading to a lot of swings in reputation across the continents. A couple Champions League wins and all of a sudden Switzerland steals the European talent from France or Germany, that would be too much.

This suggests that it won't be the case:

Miles has already said it wont make a difference to people who play 5-10 season saves. This feature is for more long term games like 20-30 years where teams from that country have constant success over a long period of time.

No it doesnt work like that. Miles has already said it wont make a difference to people who play 5-10 season saves. This feature is for more long term games like 20-30 years where teams from that country have constant success over a long period of time.

I posted that AFTER the post you have replied to. Winning the Champions League twice in a few years wont automatically make your league one of the best in the world. You will have to sustain that success over many years, maybe 10+ and also other teams in your country also need to be relatively successful.

Oh man, just when you think the game can't get any more addictive BAM I can finally turn wales into a spainlike country!

Will the "dynamic reputation system" also be the coefficiants?

The coefficients are a seperate system that are already in the game.

Oh man, just when you think the game can't get any more addictive BAM I can finally turn wales into a spainlike country!

Will the "dynamic reputation system" also be the coefficiants?

It's already in the game in most leagues, it's not in all leagues though because IRL the leagues wouldn't let SI change the coefficiants in the game.

Yeah, what i used to see alot is an international striker who has finishing 12 and stats that more closely resemble a centre back, but yet he worth 22 million, just because he plays for Real Madrid! That doesn't make sense.

I think at least with the Shevchenko example, you get a good spread of nationalities entering the game and some good young prospects. For example i played as Manchester United for 12 seasons and i did not have one youth team graduate that ended up a first choice, either because their stats weren't good enough or they just didn't perform.

Now i understand that not many players come through youth systems these days at the bigger clubs, but there are a few like Flecther, Jonny Evans, Wellbeck etc so i would of expected in 12 seasons to have one especially with a state of the art youth academy.

Now maybe i just got unlucky?.... but the thing was no teams seemed to have a quality youth player. Yeah some were worth alot, but stats sucked and generally just didn't perform.

I love the football manager series, but i get to the 10 season mark with a team, and my interest goes, simply due to the lack of quality around the league. I'd like to see it improved. Its not make or break, but its something that could improve.

If you run a game with no team for 10 seasons, you can't tell me the spread of players and quality is the same as the start.

All true. I still can't believe FM relies so much on reputation.

Oh well, you can't have it all, can you?

Just looking at some comments about Germany and their national team, what's all this about, as it's not something I've really noticed or heard anything about before.

SI cannot use the real players in the German national team, for licensing reasons. Threads discussing it usually get closed or deleted for legal reasons so it could be why you've not heard much about it before.

Archived